• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst Male Character Design in Gaming

wandering

Banned
Kaim from Lost Odyssey. I like the game but it's filled with bad designs.

IKazwUI.jpg

It's such a shame, Takehiko Inoue was brought on to design the characters but then they hired some rando to do the clothes

DNAbro

Meh. While FFX has weird designs they mostly fit the style of the world they were going for. The true bad JRPG designs came from those trying to copy FFX's style with inferior artists. Behold:

4cffaa27c92f0454ebd3693bb82e658c.jpg

For those interested:

http://batenkaitos.wikia.com/wiki/Ven

I'm in fucking shock because this doesn't even look it's supposed to be a person.

Also some of y'all have bad taste. FFXV's character's are impeccable. And how dare someone put a Soejima character on here.

that's it? the lack of shirt bothers you that much?

His stupid ass face as well as those pants with buckles for no reason and his vest that looks like it was fitted for a five year old's Aladdin costume

Never knew GAF liked Vaan's shitty design so much though.

So, value is generally considered to be partially based on scarcity, right?

Ubiquity can be useful, but is generally not considered to me a marker of quality

I'm trying to say: I'm tired of motherfuckers that look like:
IRkOsaF.jpg

I think if I was a brunette white dude I would either grow my hair out or dye it because god damn

Agreed.

Mailbox

Lordy, i didn't think it was possible to have a worse conflation of "aspect i don't like of character" and "worst design" as the Female character design thread, but my god some of the suggestions here for "worst male design" are staggeringly bad suggestions for example:

Not gonna be lazy and I'll add some pics this time

3s3Mreay.jpg

squall-leonhart.jpg

f65a20a793e86aa7cd036070cc7b7ff8.jpg

275238-shop4.jpg

CALIENTE-DMC-Devil-May-Cry-5-Dante-Virgilio-Esterlina-del-S-lido-925-Collar-Colgante-de.jpg

literally none of these are even contenders for bad, let alone worst character design
(granted dante(DMC)'s design is a bit generic and lacks flare, but not once when playing did I think it was "bad", just undercut the franchise)

Dart

Huh, I expecting to see a pic of that one purple guy with goggles and in a leather sex suit or something. Maybe it was a female character? idk but it was one of the worst character design I've ever seen.

Perineum

Some poor choices in this thread. I absolutely agree with Ken from SF5. That has my vote by a mile.

If I had to pick one though: Lars. That hair is whack as fuck.

lars.png

Huh, I expecting to see a pic of that one purple guy with goggles and in a leather sex suit or something. Maybe it was a female character? idk but it was one of the worst character design I've ever seen.

That's probably Voldo from Soulcalibur, and he's a dear.

Zanlee

So, value is generally considered to be partially based on scarcity, right?

Ubiquity can be useful, but is generally not considered to me a marker of quality

I'm trying to say: I'm tired of motherfuckers that look like:
IRkOsaF.jpg

I think if I was a brunette white dude I would either grow my hair out or dye it because god damn

I totally agree ... Any male characters from any western action game is my pick. I'm amazed a lot if people chose JRPG characters. They are pretty much the only characters that stand out and express creativity to me. Video games would be bland without Japanese designers imho.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.

Slaythe

The render for Vaan looks awful.

He is better in the hd remaster ( fixed his texture ).

I see him sort of like a blonde Aladdin and it makes things better :( .

To balance it up, My contribution....

Took all the charm from Sands of Time and made him angry and edgy and it comes across extremely over done. I found the Whole game horribly unappealing visually.
The movie managed to make it look good.

My problem with it is that it's entirely tailored for a warrior and there's nothing really regal or even Persian about it.

Top Bottom