• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst Male Character Design in Gaming

Let me get this thread back on track with an actual terrible character design: Tak.

Tak_and_the_Power_of_Juju_Coverart.png

Isotropy

Apparently Final Fantasy is the answer to every question that could ever be asked on Neogaf.

Never got the rage over Vaan, he's literally Aladdin with some armour to protect his legs from all those rats.

The Dink

Suikoden IV had some of the laziest and worst designs ever. Which is a shame because the rest of the series has phenomenal designs for most of their massive casts.

Gau smash!
latest

The in-game model wasn't any better...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Gangrel, Fire Emblem: Awakening

Validar from the same game

Actually just all the male villains in this game. They all look not only comically evil because they are, they're all either bulked out or rail thin and just generally look way cartoonier than the rest of the cast. Walhart doesn't even have any fucking eyes for no reason!

Also Validar's kid is a white person and he's an evil tan dude, have fun with that one.

That all red color scheme. It's like someone took the paint can on MS paint, chose red, and went to town.

Toxi

Banned
I can't stand the Grand Mizuha set from Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. The collar makes it look like my character's head is sticking out of a vulva, and the long curly shoe tips remind me of a Keebler elf.

M_chameleosX_ken.png

Oh yeah, this fucking thing too (well, the entire art style is bad, not just males):

ps3.jpg

MY EYES
Why do people like Psychonauts again?

Gattsu25

Banned
So, value is generally considered to be partially based on scarcity, right?

Ubiquity can be useful, but is generally not considered to me a marker of quality

I'm trying to say: I'm tired of motherfuckers that look like:
IRkOsaF.jpg

I think if I was a brunette white dude I would either grow my hair out or dye it because god damn

Thanks for saving me the time digging up my post history trying to find this image.

This definitely gets my vote

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I loved Baten Kaitos blue haired dude and I didn't even play that game, nor do I know his name. I think it's because there's no other character who really looks like him.

Laguna Loire was on the first page... oh, man.

Raiden in MGS2 was a great design too, has anyone shit on him yet?

Alienfan

Mario and ryu are weird to you?

tenor.gif

Not just Ryu, the entire Street Fighter roster, I've never been a fan of the art style, particularly street fighter 4, but I can set those differences aside. Mario on the other hand needs a shave and looks like he has a tumor growing from where a nose would normally be; he has a stare of a serial killer and the gloves to match. He's a nightmare.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment characters (even the females are also repulsive):

The Wart

I hated roided-out Batman from the first two Arkham games.

Arkham Knight then gave people normal proportions (except for women whose tits they enlarged) but changed his suit to "space marine with ears".

It'd be stretching it to call these the "worst" designs I admit, but they were definitely disappointing, and neatly encapsulate so much of what I dislike about AAA games.

Lulubop

Not just Ryu, the entire Street Fighter roster, I've never been a fan of the art style, particularly street fighter 4, but I can set those differences aside. Mario on the other hand needs a shave and looks like he has a tumor growing from where a nose would normally be; he has a stare of a serial killer and the gloves to match. He's a nightmare.

come on, get outta here with this trash

4bb9018fa51a6a49656fc0e43c76d626.jpg

Detroit: Become Human - Marcus

Holy shit how can a person look this ugly and unlikable? Look at him!

Jun_13_18_26_35-820x300.jpg

UGH . FUCK .

detroit-become-human-marcus-bio-two-column-01-ps4-eu-07jul16

This guy is so unattractive he turn my gay friend straight.

Zidane is fine. He fits the game perfectly and his in game model and personality add to the character where some of the art is lacking.

People posting some good designs in here: Raz? Beck from MN9? Those are pretty good!

The real winner was the person that posted Marcus Phoenix. Just the most generic monster man who perfectly epitomizes how the unreal engine can produce just the most disgusting dudebros.

Slaythe

I don't get the hate for Zidane's design.

The render might put you off but ingame fit the game's graphics.

I like this.

latest

He looks good in dissidia PS4 too. So you're hating the render art style more than the actual design IMO.

Virdix

There are definitely worse designs posted in this thread but when I was playing through heavensward last month I saw this guy for the first time and laughed.

latest

I don't get the hate for Zidane's design.

The render might put you off but ingame fit the game's graphics.

I like this.

latest

He looks good in dissidia PS4 too. So you're hating the render art style more than the actual design IMO.

Perhaps ppl will like zidane more here.

tumblr_o23oca3dsH1uetr35o2_500.gif

So, value is generally considered to be partially based on scarcity, right?

Ubiquity can be useful, but is generally not considered to me a marker of quality

I'm trying to say: I'm tired of motherfuckers that look like:
IRkOsaF.jpg

I think if I was a brunette white dude I would either grow my hair out or dye it because god damn
I hate this picture.

You are basically ignoring the overall outfit designs and just focus at the face. Might as well do that with jrpg MCs and call it a day.

Top Bottom