• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Worst Male Character Design in Gaming

Meh. While FFX has weird designs they mostly fit the style of the world they were going for. The true bad JRPG designs came from those trying to copy FFX's style with inferior artists. Behold:

4cffaa27c92f0454ebd3693bb82e658c.jpg

Sweet Jesus, what is this from?

Kinsei

Banned
Meh. While FFX has weird designs they mostly fit the style of the world they were going for. The true bad JRPG designs came from those trying to copy FFX's style with inferior artists. Behold:

4cffaa27c92f0454ebd3693bb82e658c.jpg

Why is that man (poorly) cosplaying as a turtle?

kubev

So, value is generally considered to be partially based on scarcity, right?

Ubiquity can be useful, but is generally not considered to me a marker of quality

I'm trying to say: I'm tired of motherfuckers that look like:
IRkOsaF.jpg

I think if I was a brunette white dude I would either grow my hair out or dye it because god damn

Whenever I see York from Deadly Premonition, I'm always tempted to go back and listen to the Best New Character section of Giant Bomb's 2010 Game of the Year deliberations. Such an awesome character. His physical design is nothing special, but man...he has one hell of a character arc.

Eve looks too sexualized. There is no reason why he's shirtless, just like Quiet's design. These things are dumb.

There's pretty decent justification for Eve not wearing a shirt in the game, and I don't just mean the rad tats

(Route B Spoilers)
Adam and Eve were literally just born as the game happens, Eve after and is a little bit behind on learning than Adam. Eve questions why they need to wear clothes, and Adam replies it's because it's what humans did, and they want to be like humans. Even then, Eve is still reluctant despite Adam's lecture

It's been a while but that was the jist of it I think

I get this, but also this isnt meant to be attractive to me. I think 2b's design is very attractive and pandering to a degree, i actually kind of respect taro for
Putting something else in their to be attractive for those of the opposite sex/sexual prefference. Its like you cant even reay say the game is sexist because there is something for everyone.

Zabka

Eh.. i feel like I should hand over my GAF card. I have no idea who half those faces are.

It's Ben Affleck. All of them.

I get this, but also this isnt meant to be attractive to me. I think 2b's design is very attractive and pandering to a degree, i actually kind of respect taro for
Putting something else in their to be attractive for those of the opposite sex/sexual prefference. Its like you cant even reay say the game is sexist because there is something for everyone.

Women love guys with tiny heads. It's just nature.

Gator86

final-fantasy-xii-vaan-730x558.png

Vaan from FF12 will always look like an idiot

144169162.jpg

The protagonist of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I'm changing his armor the second I'm able to

Vaan alone makes me not want to get within 500 yards of FF12 Remaster. He's just the goddamn worst. How can you make a character that lame and think "yeah, we nailed this." My first thought when I saw the thread title.

latest

Even his name is bad

Nooj

from Final fantasy X-2

That said, this is, and will always be, the correct answer. What the fuck is wrong with the people at Square. No wonder the company is where it is now.

I've never liked Ardyn's look.

Ehh, I don't mind Ardyn, except for that tacky and unexplained "wing" on his left arm. There's just absolutely no reason for it to be there and drags his design down, as if he's in the process of mutating into a monster form but never quite managing it.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I may be biased, but I always felt like Snake didn't belong on this list. His design always struck me as fairly standout plus who else could rock a mullet and pull it off?!

That image could lose the 6 outliers and be funnier in general. Like, Mass Effect guy doesn't really fit the bill either.

LotusHD

Banned
Ehh, I don't mind Ardyn, except for that tacky and unexplained "wing" on his left arm. There's just absolutely no reason for it to be there and drags his design down, as if he's in the process of mutating into a monster form but never quite managing it.

Yea, I'd probably still dislike it, but said "wing" really bugs me.

Also the bolded reminds me of what could've been for the game.

Oh yeah, this fucking thing too (well, the entire art style is bad, not just males):

ps3.jpg

MY EYES

Psychonauts is deliberately and consistently demented, discoloured and deformed. The game itself aged poorly but theres very strong shape design in the concept art.
Using dated ingame models seems dishonest.

Slaythe

Square can't catch a break with you guys.

It's kind of annoying because there are far worse out there.

Outside of the nooj and co guys. Those were just unacceptable.

Slater

Banned
Hahaha that's funny, you know what happened with that? His designer originally just had him designed without the wing but then Nomura, the king of this thread said it wasn't enough so Roberto just added the wing and Nomura loved it. Because of course

Opa-Pa

Forgot to give a shout out to the majority of the male population in Spira from FF10 since everyone dresses like a religious stripper. Equality, I guess!

Noctis shouldn't be in this thread, he isn't that bad, especially without his jacket.

My main problem with him is that he looks like a hyper realistic Naruto character. I've hated and found his design baffling ever since they revealed him like 10 years ago.

He looks pretty good post time skip though

Noctis shouldn't be in this thread, he isn't that bad, especially without his jacket.

Same for Dante in DmC imo. Especially if we look at him when that game released, he stood out in a sea of boring bald dudes.

Neither should Squall or the P3 guy lol

Yeah for real. Out of the four I would say Noctis is easiest the weakest. But he's just OK. Thread is asking for worst male designs lol.

Top Bottom