• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would You Rather: Never Need To Sleep Or Never Need To Excrete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GonzoCR

I've honestly gotten scared thinking about how much of my life I've wasted sleeping. So I'd rather never need to sleep.

I want to remind y'all that this isn't just about time. Sweat is icky. Piss is nasty. Diarrhea and constipation are awful.

All of those things are not that bad at all compared to getting all the time lost to sleep back. This feels like a no-brainer to me. No sleep all the way.

PSqueak

Banned
Well think about the implications of never needing to excrete.

That means you have a digestive system that functions at 100% efficiency as to not generate waste.
You effectively get nourishment and goodies from absolutely anything.

It's entirely possible that your body would improve in several other ways besides not having to crap, it could even give you as a side effect no need to sleep anymore too.

rogue74

No sleep. I'd be able to get so much more done. I don't know why anyone would choose anything else.

Because sleep isn't just about being tired. It also gives you a mental break from all the problems you may be going through - a chance to escape. On top of that, I would think eventually the days will seem interminable. Imagine how much companies would exploit workers if there was no physical need for sleep.

Easy answer.

N3I109j.jpg

Using the bathroom and not going to bed at a decent hour are about the only times I actually get any real down time in my household, so I'd rather not have to sleep again.

kswiston

Because sleep isn't just about being tired. It also gives you a mental break from all the problems you may be going through - a chance to escape. On top of that, I would think eventually the days will seem interminable. Imagine how much companies would exploit workers if there was no physical need for sleep.

To be clear, I assume picking sleep means that only I no longer need sleep. If everyone gets no sleep as default, forget that.

Grym

Sleep. Lots more time (and my house would have a bunch of empty rooms with endless possibilities...think of the kingly bathroom I could build to "excrete" in!)

DigtialT

Never sleeping would be hell physiologically so I'll take never having to excrete i guess. Both aren't good, without sweat you will overheat fast.

No sleep, especially if I can still opt to sleep if I want to. Finally, even more time to complain about how little time I have to accomplish things while I browse neogaf!

I'd like to say I had a mild form of IBS, but I remember the days I would shit for a hour while in tears from the pain. Like a knife gutting me alive, praying to god it would end. I changed up my diet and it went away. I don't know if that's how it's supposed to work, but it did. Gave up carbonated drinks and started eating less, along with a bit of exercise, hasn't come back.

PSqueak

Banned

No need isn't the same as you cant, if you want a mental break you'd take a nap, this "power" would only mean you don't have to and in practice it would mean people would take naps like, once a week or every few days rather than daily.

Ramma2

I think the better decision here is no sleep vs no eating. When I consider the time and money I have to sink into thinking about food, purchasing food, preparing, then eating, then cleaning up from cooking, THEN finally excreting it all out - if we could just do away with that whole system? That makes is a real hard call between no sleeping and no eating.

Edit - not to mention if you take away sleep, that's easily 1-2 more meals per day which really drives up the cost and the amount of shit you're dealing with daily.

Jarmel

Banned
Easily taking a shit. Why you ask? Because if people didn't need to sleep then workdays would be extended. You ain't getting an extra 8 hours off when you can be in a cubicle.

Media

Would rather sleep. You know how precious it is when you get very little of it. I would love to sleep a full 8 hours straight omg.

Pooping is gross and I can do without it.

I'd like to say I had a mild form of IBS, but I remember the days I would shit for a hour while in tears from the pain. Like a knife gutting me alive, praying to god it would end. I changed up my diet and it went away. I don't know if that's how it's supposed to work, but it did. Gave up carbonated drinks and started eating less, along with a bit of exercise, hasn't come back.
IBS is almost entirely caused by diet, yes. Problem is, the range of foods that irritate IBS is so broad that it's like...half of all common foods, healthy or not. And they don't all affect everyone the same. For example, I can't eat any corn products. That includes corn syrup, corn meal, actual corn, popcorn, corn chips, none of it.

old

You think the answer is sleep. But if that happned, we'd all be expected to start working 16 hour days instead of 9.

Hindl

Excrete. I like sleeping, plus I wouldn't do anything with the extra time anyway. And anyway, while you're not sleeping, everyone else is and everything is still closed. You'd basically be able to use that extra time not sleeping to just watch Netflix or play games. And lack of time isn't the reason I don't do more of that

i'd also choose sleep.

however, would I still have the option to sleep if i wanted to? if I choose the sleep option, would I just be awake for the rest of my life?

As much as I like doing things and think that sleep is sometimes a waste of time, sleep is great for time traveling on trips. fall asleep before the plane takes off, wake up when the plane lands at your destination. you just time traveled!

ZOONAMI

I would not excrete, so long as ejaculate isn't considered an excretion. Also that I could still eat and drink things and not die or get fat.

Eh, maybe I'd rather not sleep.

Dali

Never sleep.

You'd be kinda a serious piece of garbage if you didn't have to shit. You'd take "acts like their shit don't stank" and elevate it to a whole new level. "Madam... I actually don't shit at all." *smug face*

Yeah fuck that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom