• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would You Rather: Never Need To Sleep Or Never Need To Excrete?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need my sleep. If I can't sleep through a migraine or cold, I would probably kill myself. Plus not being able to separate the days. Not being able to sleep on a thought or forget a bad day sucks too. I'd rather not have to shit and pee and have that stuff take care of itself. Plus it'd make bottoming less dirty.

Airola

I don't get people who think sleeping is a waste of time.

Sleeping and dreaming is the closest you will ever be to your subconscious.

Getting tired and then going to sleep is also perhaps the biggest pleasure a man can experience. Closing your eyes, letting yourself relax.

I would hate to lose dreams.
In dreams you can explore things you can't ever explore in non-sleep life. In dreams you can get closer to what you deep down are. I dreams you are one with your soul. There's no way I would want to lose that.

Now, giving a big dump is sometimes also a pleasure. At best it feels excellent.
But I can let that go. I would also lose awful diarrheas with it.

LordOfChaos

Sleep is like a third of my life. Pooping is like 2%.

Never needing to sleep would have a lot more possibility. And shitting feels great.

mAcOdIn

I think not having to relieve yourself would be a non-issue but losing sleep would radically alter humanity and society. How different would jobs be if they knew you didn't need sleep, how many more hours would we work? And what of our interpersonal relationships, actually sleeping with someone's kinda a big deal. What would our close family and relationships look like without sleep? It's weird to think about.

san00ake

I like sleeping, but I hate having to sleep.
Could probably accomplish a lot more with the extra time but would probably go crazy.
We all need some off time.

Verelios

Never need to excrete. I can get that kind of pleasure anytime I want realistically by playing with my thumbs, but the contentment of a well rested night can't be replicated.

Ever.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
No sleep sounds awesome

It's also something that they could maybe figure out a "cure" for someday in the far future whereas I don't know how you'd get away from piss and shit.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Can you still go to sleep if you're like super bored and want the time to pass?

But of course even if not, it's no sleep every day of the week.

But then again, companies would find a way to make you work longer for no longer having to sleep.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Depends on what not needing to sleep entails. Sometimes sleeping is a nice escape from the BS or boredom of life.

Excretion. I enjoy sleeping. I have fucking awesome dreams. They're like weird art-house flicks made just for me. There's little that's better in life than waking up from a crazy dream just to realize you have several more hours to sleep.

And not pooping makes butt play just a tad less icky.

A-V-B

Sleep. You literally get a third more the active lifespan. You live way more than everyone else. How is this even a competition!?

I like sleeping, I sleep when I am bored at home, so no sleep will make me lose my mind. Dreaming is awesome, I wish my life was like my dreams.

Screw pooping.

ChrisD

Sleep, but with a key question anyways:

Can I still sleep if I want? Cuz sometimes you just want to sleep off a situation. Sick, emotional, whatever it may be at the time.

Toki767

I read excrete as exercise and thought that would be a tough choice.

But sleep or excrete?

That sounds like a no brainer.

Mailbox

Okay, so there seems to be some confusion here. Shitting ain't excreting. Not the same thing, sorry.

Basically your asking if i'd rather lose my sleep (which i love. Acts as a great constant meditative point in my day and makes me emotionally centered) or if i would never need my liver to process anything in my body ever again (ie: i wouldn't ever have to worry about my blood or how alcohol is handled in my system). Honestly, Peeing is annoying. Being able to drink whatever I want and never having to worry is a great plus imo. My mental state (and many others i'd imagine) wouldn't be able to handle no sleep regardless of if we were physically fine.

Hence my answer is to keep sleep and forgo excreting.

AppleMIX

Sleep, but with a key question anyways:

Can I still sleep if I want? Cuz sometimes you just want to sleep off a situation. Sick, emotional, whatever it may be at the time.

It says that you don't need to sleep, not that you're physically unable to sleep.

Mista Koo

Can I still sleep though? Because sometimes you need to sleep for reasons unrelated to being tired or sleepy, heck sometimes you need to sleep just to pass time.

So if I can still sleep I would pick that.

nampad

Sleep, though I would like to have a nap when I want to, it feels so good.

Shitting can be relaxing too but I prefer taking a dump at home so not having to worry about that and diarhea sounds great.

That's ten minutes versus 6-10 hours of your day.

I don't see a competition here. It's a slaughter.

E: my answer is sleep. The time I could have for leisure would be incredible.

RalchAC

I don't get people who think sleeping is a waste of time.

Sleeping and dreaming is the closest you will ever be to your subconscious.

Getting tired and then going to sleep is also perhaps the biggest pleasure a man can experience. Closing your eyes, letting yourself relax.

I would hate to lose dreams.
In dreams you can explore things you can't ever explore in non-sleep life. In dreams you can get closer to what you deep down are. I dreams you are one with your soul. There's no way I would want to lose that.

Now, giving a big dump is sometimes also a pleasure. At best it feels excellent.
But I can let that go. I would also lose awful diarrheas with it.

Not needing to sleep wouldn't be the same as not sleeping at all. But I'd be great if I didn't need a lot of coffee to don't fall asleep and mitigate migraines when I've been sleeping 4 hours in 2 days in a row. Which is something I can't understand. Because when I played WoW I slept 5 hours a day in a consistent basis and it never felt that awful.

Sleep has other properties besides resting. Even without the need to sleep, we'd need to do meditation or something along the lines for all the stuff that happens during REM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom