• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you want a remastered Mass Effect trilogy?

Redefine07

I just played ME3 on X cuz I never finish it only 2 and 1 could not play in anymore on X360 since the fps was like 10-12 and I got that one on X also still some fps drops but much better and I had a blast with both of them now I was thinking to replay ME2 with my import save from ME1 then 3 again but will do that another time , now I play Dragon Age Inquisition GOTY I got it for like 6$ for PS4 going to finish it on nightmare. (So yea I would like to get a remaster for the series to be at least 1080p or even 4k on X or Pro at 60fps!!!).

Last edited:

Greedings

Read a lot of this thread. Lol @ people wanting new IPs from Bioware. Bioware hasn't made a good game, let alone a good IP in like 8 years.

Last edited:

VertigoOA

Banned
Part of me wants to see them combine all three into one game. Morph and cut them until it works etc... I guess that would also be called a remake ... a reverse FF7:R scenario.

Last edited:

ruvikx

Banned
No, make something new

Anthem? Mass Effect Andromeda. New games & IP's always turn out really well over at Bioware.

To be honest Mass Effect trilogy needs a proper next gen remake, not a remaster, with all the DLC & all 3 games featuring seamless gameplay & visuals from start to finish. They can even expand on some design aspects using the power of the new consoles.

A bit like Final Fantasy VII Remake, or Resident Evil 2. It would be a good way for Bioware to start its path towards redemption + success, & not liquidation ala Visceral.

Ovek

7Member7
Loved to, but I don't think EA or Bioware has it in them to do them justice in any fashion.

Last edited:

Highly unlikely all games were ported to frostbite. The amount of work that wouuld require is...a lot considering a lot devs hate working with Frosbite. This is fake and they didnt announce shit at the last event and for somehting to release this year, as much as I'd love a remaster of all 3, I'm gonna have to say, the trilogy wont happen anymore. Something happened or it was never truly 100% confirmed but we just assumed it was.

I understand mentality of wanting the same thing over and over because past glories are comforting known quantity while future is always uncertain, but new games are what keeps this industry moving. Just because corporations are risk averse doesn't mean gamers have to be.

Remember that everything you love from the past was once a risky new IP, and there will be more in the future you love but haven't played yet. What you know isn't all there ever willl be. Embrace the unknown, just as you did with what you now love.

Allandor

Remaster of Mass effect 1-3 would be really great.
Remaster of Knights of the old Republic 1 & 2 would also be great.

But I also wait for Andromeda 2 or at least an Andromeda DLC that finishes the loose ends in the story. Yes it was bugged and had some strange moments, but the atmosphere was great. Really liked it. Wasn't the best mass effect, but still good. Even the bugs didn't break the game for me.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
I REALLY hope that info above is fake. I don't want the games on Frostbite with remade feelings and shit. That totally removes the point of the originals. I just wanted the original games with their PC equivalent settings at Ultra in 4k/60. Maybe a few touch ups and bug fixes here and there.

If you actually go to the trouble of making the game FEEL and PLAY different, then that seems like a massive missing of the point to me...?

T-Cake

In some ways this sounds good and some ways not so good. If it becomes similar looking to Andromeda then that's a meh, even though Dragon Age: Inquisition was absolutely fantastic in terms of Frostbite.

Hopefully, the Xbox Series X is going to upscale the original trilogy to 4K with its magic backwards compatibility feature.

Ascend

In some ways this sounds good and some ways not so good. If it becomes similar looking to Andromeda then that's a meh, even though Dragon Age: Inquisition was absolutely fantastic in terms of Frostbite.

Hopefully, the Xbox Series X is going to upscale the original trilogy to 4K with its magic backwards compatibility feature.
Andromeda looked great graphically though. It was better than Inquisition. It was the animations and faces that were wildly off. The environments and effects were all fantastic. I doubt they'd dare release anything close to Andromeda's faces & animations ever again. So if it is getting Andromeda-like graphics, I really have no worries.

I'm worried that they would ruin what made the games great by changing too many things.

Kokoloko85

Yes. Or just make it 60fps and 4k.
The one time EA needs to do something what everyone else is doing and they dont and say we make new games....
i want your old game more

Hudo

Highly unlikely all games were ported to frostbite. The amount of work that wouuld require is...a lot considering a lot devs hate working with Frosbite. This is fake and they didnt announce shit at the last event and for somehting to release this year, as much as I'd love a remaster of all 3, I'm gonna have to say, the trilogy wont happen anymore. Something happened or it was never truly 100% confirmed but we just assumed it was.
Yeah, that's the only thing that irks me. I would've found it more believable if it was Unreal Engine 4 instead, as I imagine the transition from UE3 to 4 to be less fucked than from UE3 to Frostbite.

Gamezone

Gold Member
Make more decent Star Wars games instead, unless the new Mass Effect is a complete remaster with choices that actually matters at the end of Mass Effect 3.

sol740

ME3's ending was so unbelievably bad, it has me retroactively disliking the entire saga. I would not give them a dollar more. It was so bad they couldn't even stay in the same galaxy for the sequel.

Then they ruined that galaxy too.

GodofWhimsy

I honestly want remaster for Dead Space 1, Dead Space 2 and Dead Space 3 from EA.

Dead Space is already ridiculously gorgeous considering the time it came out IMO (they utilise some very clever lighting) and I imagine if they spruced it up a little with modern standard HD textures and the like, that it would fit right in as a current-gen title. The gameplay mechanics and presentation honestly wouldn't need to be touched IMO. It was pretty much the benchmark for those areas in the survival-horror genre back then and the whole thing is still a super smooth playthrough to this day.

It reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus in the way that you could release it with modern standard visuals during any generation and I still think it would review favourably. Capcom was really onto something with the RE4 formula because it holds up remarkably well.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I'm not "holding out" for a remaster, but I have to say that the ME trilogy in Frosbite with some adjustment (more open gameplay on planet with some new quests, armors and weapons for example) would be very very cool to see.

And since EA doesn't know how to do good games anymore, i'd rather see a remaster than the rape of another IP.

If it’s a smooth 60fps on console? Absolutely.

If it’s just a Ubisoft/Bethesda style port with updated resolution? Hard pass.

If Mass Effect remastered looks anything like the Burnout Paradise and Crysis remastered than why do they even bother there is barely any difference.

I bought a brand new Mass Effect Trilogy copy for the 360 at a cheap price.. If EA doesn't want too, screw them. I'll play them on my One S at least.

JeffG

Lets see

I have all 3 and the dlc for the 360 which I can play on my X. I've played it through ~10 times

Absofuckinglutely....I would pre-order it

I read some awesome fan fiction theories on the ending of Mass Effect 3 after the shock of the ending came out. If they included some of those endings, I would say sure... But if nothing is changed then focus on a new story line.

Top Bottom