• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you want a remastered Mass Effect trilogy?

RAIDEN1

Those who say Mass Effect Andromeda looked great graphically are well of the mark when it came to detail it was woeful, ie how enemy ships just popped up in the sky to land, or when they took off they just magically dissappeared, or how the huge beast you encounter from time to time on your travels, just drops out from the sky literally re-spawned enemy in front of your own eyes, when you think you cleared an enemy, no, you turn you back and up pops the beast again, it was dumb, and for me it didn't do anything so remarkable that couldn't be done on the 360 or even PS3 if you pushed them to their limits...

Last edited:

Yoda

tbh, knowing how it ends kind of kills the original trilogy for me. It's kind of like GoT. Despite amazing material earlier in the franchise, knowing it all ends in a stupid way ruins it.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Yes I would so long as it's a functioning product out of the box and it contains most, if not all, DLC. At least the story dlc like Shadow Broker and Leviathan.

Bryank75

Banned
2 was the only decent one, I don't really need to replay it but if it was a huge leap in graphics and had better gameplay, I might give it a try. Problem is I would only probably play2 and the others would go unused.

raduque

Not really, but I wouldn't be opposed to a re-release with all 3 gamers, all the DLC and optimized load times. Graphically, I think they're fine.

SCB3

Personally, I want them at this point cause the PC versions are a mess, it took me a good few hours to get them all working on Steam and they're missing the DLC (well 2 is)

ruvikx

Banned
Personally, I want them at this point cause the PC versions are a mess, it took me a good few hours to get them all working on Steam and they're missing the DLC (well 2 is)

Indeed. Mass Effect 2 on PC doesn't even have real graphics settings, whilst none of them have controller support. So a remaster is self-evident; with a literal "remake" (at least certain aspects) even more preferable. In the sense I'd like to see the gunplay & character customization (for example) streamlined between all 3 games. I'd also like to see the character creator greatly improved because I've yet to see a custom Shepard who didn't look like a mutant.

SCB3

Indeed. Mass Effect 2 on PC doesn't even have real graphics settings, whilst none of them have controller support. So a remaster is self-evident; with a literal "remake" (at least certain aspects) even more preferable. In the sense I'd like to see the gunplay & character customization (for example) streamlined between all 3 games. I'd also like to see the character creator greatly improved because I've yet to see a custom Shepard who didn't look like a mutant.

Wait 2 doesn't either? I know ME1 has some issues with Controller support, but didn't realise 2 and 3 also do

levyjl1988

Banned
A remaster would be great, polishing up the models, making the default Fem Shepard in Mass Effect 1 would give it some continuity than just being last-minute plastered in Mass Effect 3.
More attention to details to background scenarios. When the Reaper invasion was happening, it was jarring to see the crowds in the background running like Lemmings.
We need HDR, increased textures, refinements, etc. All DLC all things intended for the game in one complete package.

small_law

Those games were of a time and I'm glad to confine them to gaming history. They were ugly, buggy messes that didn't deserve the effusive, nauseating praise constantly heaped upon them.

Think of it this way: Mass Effect 3 ended so badly that developers mostly gave up on narrative agency this entire console generation.

ruvikx

Banned
Think of it this way: Mass Effect 3 ended so badly that developers mostly gave up on narrative agency this entire console generation.

I just thought about it your way... & that doesn't make sense. Mass Effect 3's ending didn't give devs around the world GaaS (lol?) obsessions or narrative phobia, no, Mass Effect 3 started to unravel long before the end. From minute one, the squadmates who could have died in ME2 are sidelined out of the ME3 story because (no surprise here) their inclusion would have created too many variables for the devs to handle. Too many scenes unique to a person's playthrough, too many diverging paths. So the narrative is linear as hell from minute one & the possible outcomes are reduced to their most basic form, with very little real world implications (no new areas or story-arcs opening up as a result of Shepard's past or present decisions in prior games or in ME3, just slightly different cutscenes, and the "war assets" not being impacted as long as the player puts in some multiplayer time & does some planet scanning as well).

So I find it very hard to sympathize with anyone who never saw the writing on the wall & somehow imagined at the tail end of the London final mission in ME3 all their decisions would somehow create a unique ending for their own Shepard. That dream actually died at the beginning of ME2 (yep, that early on in the trilogy) when none of Shepard's paragon or renegade actions in ME1 mattered. Sacrifice the council? You get a copy/paste replica, choose Anderson or Udina as the human ambassador? No change. etcetera etcetera.

So the ending rage was all a bit OTT (over the top).

Dorohedoro

I don't know, maybe. I only just bought ME2 again last year after selling it years ago as well as ME3 for the first time. I actually avoided ME3 for ages until I thought what the hell it's dirt cheap anyway. Replayed the whole trilogy twice back to back. I actually ended up loving ME3 in spite of the ending(s), which I didn't find that great but I also didn't find it meltdown-worthy either. What did piss me off was the constant disc swapping so I'd welcome a remaster that got rid of it. I know the BC way gets rid of it too I never bothered to get an XBO. Oh, and it'd nice if they did something about the sprinting animation in ME3, it looks especially terrible with Femshep.

Mass Shift

And in case anyone was looking for a little more confirmation

Mass Effect Trilogy Is Getting A New Art Book, Which Is Very Curious Indeed

3711799-masseffectartbook.jpg

I'd buy a Switch version of the Mass Effect Trilogy, but I'm not really interested in a remaster. The PC versions hold up fine. I guess if they're going to add controller support to the PC versions, and redo the combat for the first Mass Effect, I'd be interested.

tsumake

How many of you are holding out for a trilogy remaster? I think I might just build a PC just to play them if there are no announcements soon. I know EA STARTED buzzing about re-releasing some old fan favorites. But it could mean anything. Plus, they might botch a remaster. Modern BioWare isn't exactly known for making great games. Even if those games were already made.

Yes.

Top Bottom