• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wow, Gametap looks a lot better now.

MoxManiac

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111191

Stolen from CAG

Legolas813 said:
Some recent additions to Gametap:

The Last Express

Tony Hawk 3

Planescape: Torment

Colin Mcrae Rally 2005

Shadow of Destiny

Zeus: Master of Olympus

Zork: Grand Inquisitor

Baldur's Gate I and II

Episodes of Sam and Max 1997 Cartoon Show

Episodes of Sealab 2021

New games added this week:

Sam and Max: Culture Shock

Sid Meier's Civilization III Gold

Far Cry

Railroad Tycoon 2

Serious Sam I and II

Rainbow Six 3 (and Rogue Spear: Black Thorn)

Tony Hawk 4

--------------------------------------------------

If you are signing up because of the new episodic Sam and Max games, could you please sign up through this link (www.gametap.com/telltale). That way Telltale Games (the developer) gets money from Gametap. Thanks.

I've been looking through the game list and it's pretty impressive. They have a ton of Capcom CPS2 games, like SFA3 and Darkstalkers. I heard SFA3 was online playable, but I can't confirm.

bjork

Wow, Shadow of Destiny.

Anyone who can't find the original should give this a whirl just to play it.

MoxManiac

I'm going to try the free trial tonight to see how the interface is and how the games run. I'll put up some brief impressions on it.

I've always wanted to try planescape torment after all the positive stuff i've heard.

jarosh

notapforyours3.jpg

HEY TAILS THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW F*CKTARD

Joe Molotov

MoxManiac said:
I'm going to try the free trial tonight to see how the interface is and how the games run. I'll put up some brief impressions on it.

Just make sure to use the code 'ncta' for a free month.

MoxManiac

http://kb.gametap.cust-serv.com/gam...al&searchclass=&bnewsession=&selecttype=match

What games will be available for play in Canada?

GameTap is now available for play in Canada!

Due to publishing restrictions the following list of games are not available in Canada. We will release these games to Canada as they become available. We apologize for this inconvenience.

3-D Ultra Cool Pool
3-D Ultra Mini Golf Deluxe
3-D Ultra Mini-Golf
3-D Ultra Pinball: Thrillride
3-D Ultra Pinball: Creep Night
3-D Ultra Radio Control Racers
A-10 Tank Killer
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
Baldur's Gate
Battlecruiser Millennium
Boxing
Caesar III
Championship Snowboarding 2004
Cosmic Commuter
Decathlon
Disciples II: Gallean's Return
Disciples II: Rise of the Elves Gold
Dragster
Empire Earth®
Extreme Paintbrawl 4
Fathom
Homeworld
Homeworld 2
Hoyle® Backgammon and Cribbage
Hoyle® Battling Ships & War
Hoyle® Blackjack and Craps
Hoyle® Bridge & Euchre
Hoyle® Children's Collection
Hoyle® Classic Games
Hoyle® Slots & Video Poker
Hoyle® Solitaire & Mahjong Tiles
Human Freeway
Ice Hockey
Icewind Dale 2
Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter
Kabobber
King's Quest® I: Quest for the Crown
King's Quest® II: Romancing the Throne
King's Quest® III: To Heir is Human
King's Quest® IV: The Perils of Rosella
King's Quest® V: Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder
Laser Blast
Laser Gates
Lords of Magic: Special Edition
Lords of the Realm II
Lords of the Realm III
Moonsweeper
O.R.B.
Pharaoh
Planescape®: Torment
Playground Sports
Police Quest: SWAT® 2
Private Eye
Quest for Glory® II: Trial by Fire
Quest for Glory® III: Wages of War
Quest for Glory®: So You Want To Be A Hero
Quick Step!
Rapala Pro Fishing
Sky Jinks
Space Quest I: Roger Wilco in the Sarien Encounter
Space Quest II: Vohaul's Revenge
Space Quest III: The Pirates of Pestulon
Space Quest V: The Next Mutation
Spelunx® and the Caves of Mr. Seudo®
Star Voyager
Subterranea
Tennis
Tetris
The Adventures of Willy Beamish
The Incredible Machine®: Even More Contraptions
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Universal Combat Gold
Zeus: Master of Olympus

Also, here's the list of games that support multiplayer:

What Multiplayer Games can I play in GameTap?

The dark space of the Galaga world can be a cold and lonesome place - even with two ships. With GameTap Multiplayer, you no longer have to face torrents of enemies alone!

With our newest feature, multiplayer, you can play any of the following games with another player:
1941: Counter Attack
Bust-A-Move· (a.k.a. Puzzle Bobble·)
Joust ·
King of the Monsters ·
King of the Monsters II
Asteroids®
Burger Time ·
Dig Dug·
DigDug II
Galaga·
Pac-Man ®
Qix ·
Zaxxon ·
Super Baseball
Count Bout
Alpha mission II
Altered Beast
Avengers
Blazing Star
Blues Journey
Bubble Bobble
Crossed Swords
CyberLip
DarkStalkers: The Night Warriors
Football Frenzy
Galaxian
Ghost Pilots
GigaWing
Gun Fight
Joust
Kizuna Encounter: Super Tag Battle
Knights of the Round
Magic Sword: Heroic Fantasy
Magical Drop II
Magical Drop III
Mutation Nation
Neo Turf Masters
Ninja Combat
Ninja Commando
Ragnagard
Savage Reign
Sengoku
Shock Troopers
Top Hunter: Roddy and Cathy
World Heroes Perfect
Zoo Keeper ·
Finally, you can show off your skills and maybe learn a few new tricks in the process. You can even chat with your opponent while playing the game. Grab a drink, grab a controller, and get ready to show the world that getting to the fourth Challenge Stage in Galaga isn't that hard.

I was just browsing the list, they do have a really deep list now at this point. I can't believe they've got cool stuff like 1944: The Loop Master, Giga Wing.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
jarosh said:
notapforyours3.jpg

Tails seems so happy about the fact. I dare say he's mocking you...with his gayness.

Agent X

It's cool that they have The Last Express available. This was a very cool adventure game by Jordan Mechner (who conceived Karateka and Prince of Persia), which was released on computers around 1998 or 1999. The artwork on the game was extremely well done.

Multiplayer Darkstalkers has got to be sweet, too.

If I had a PC that was powerful enough to handle GameTap, I'd love to give these a try!

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
jarosh said:
notapforyours3.jpg

omg, what the ****? Isn't my visa as good as any mother****ing american's?!

that's just stupid. They get the legal release rights from the developers not the publishers right? The publishers don't hold any copyrights to either the gamecode or the IPs, no?

duffey

If GameTap didn't crash my PC every single time I ran it I would totally support it, it's really awesome. Damned blue screens of death!!

MoxManiac

Interface is kinda pixelated. Hard to read the button.

Some of the games even have bonus stuff! I'm downloading SFA3, and there's a link to download some Street Fighter II V comics issues 0 and 1.

There's a challenge lobby button, so i'm crossing my fingers SFA3 is online playable!

EDIT: OMG SFA3 is playable online! :O :O

Agh, gametap crashed on me when i was setting my controls

adg1034

Also, Castlevanias 1-3 are coming to the service as well. I agree on the Lucasarts games, though. We need. Now.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
hmmm I never played planescape torment... and theres sam and max... how does it work, one fee and you get to play all the games you want?

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Yeah, GameTap kind of amazes me. It started out as something that I think most people thought would be a joke, but they keep plugging away.

They always seems to add a nice mixture of obvious, mainstream stuff and super-bizarre, really hardcore older stuff.

I also dug their recent "GameTap Originals" announcement, to get some indie games out there.

oddigy

The new Sam & Max game is simply incredible, and by incredible, I mean incredibly hilarious. It caters to those who have played Sam & Max Hit the Road, of course, but wow. The new voices take some getting used to, but the "heart" of the original is definitely present.

I wholeheartedly recommend GameTap to anyone who has a high-def TV and a way to hook their computer up to it. Gives those old games new life. :)

Agent X

MoxManiac said:
Someone play SFA3 with me :O

I'd do it, if my PC were up to the task! Want to buy me a new PC? :)

How's SFA3 on GameTap? Does it appear to be based on the arcade game, or one of the home versions?

MoxManiac

It's the arcade game. It's just like running a rom in one of the CPS2 emulators.

SFA3 netplay is quite good. A little jittery at times, but far, far more responsive and less lag than kaillera (the popular client used to netplay emulators) Gametap spazzes out on one of the buttons on my gamepad though, so i had to remap that to a shoulder button :/

duffey

Agent X said:
I'd do it, if my PC were up to the task! Want to buy me a new PC? :)

How's SFA3 on GameTap? Does it appear to be based on the arcade game, or one of the home versions?
It's the arcade, so kind of limited character roster, especially when compared to SFA3 Upper. Shockingly the new version of their client doesn't crash and has a variety of resolutions to support, oh thank god.

edit: damn D:

sspeedy

It looks fun but so far my router/modem keep crapping out, interrupting any gameplay.... plus, can anyone recommend a good controller? I have a crappy Saitek one and the precision is quite off in some games... or buttons won't work. pieca shit.

MoxManiac

sspeedy said:
It looks fun but so far my router/modem keep crapping out, interrupting any gameplay.... plus, can anyone recommend a good controller? I have a crappy Saitek one and the precision is quite off in some games... or buttons won't work. pieca shit.

I use a saturn controller through a magic box adapter (does Saturn/PSX/N64)

Personally i'd buy a magic box adapter or similar device. It's the holy grail of PC gamepad play.

MoxManiac

jarrod said:
I'm sad Monster World 4 seems to have vanished... what happened to it?

It's there, I see it in the game selector.

I don't think the list on the website is 100% accurate, because it doesn't list SFA3 as online playable...yet it is.

jarrod

Banned
MoxManiac said:
Was the genesis puyo puyo released in the US? That's in the genesis section.
Only as Dr Robotnick's Mean Bean Machine.

Does it have any of the notable SEGA Channel exclusives (MegaMan: The Wily Wars, Alien Soldier, Pulseman)?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Brobzoid said:
that's just stupid. They get the legal release rights from the developers not the publishers right? The publishers don't hold any copyrights to either the gamecode or the IPs, no?

YEAH! (except the EXACT opposite of what you said)

fartblast

Banned
Joe Molotov said:
Just make sure to use the code 'ncta' for a free month.

you may get a free month but they are also currently offering 2 free weeks in addition to it already being 50% off. thing is if you use 'ncta' they'll charge you 9.95 a month after that.

jman2050

Holy crap, just finished playing SFA3 online. It's smooth as butter, A whole messload better than Kaillera, and worth the price of admission alone.

Top Bottom