• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

Bullet Club

qY6cEjh.jpg

Bullet Club

-- Going against the Democratic presidential debate but no major sports competition, both AEW Dynamite and NXT were up in the ratings this week.

Dynamite averaged 893,000 viewers, up nine percent from last week. In the 18-49 demo, the show averaged a 0.31 rating, which was up three percent from the prior week. Dynamite finished fifth in the cable TV ratings in that category.

NXT was up five percent, averaging 794,000 viewers. In the 18-49 demo, it averaged a 0.25 rating, up four percent from last week. NXT finished 16th in the cable rankings, one of their better finishes in that category.

Aside from when the show ran unopposed on Christmas night, it was the highest viewership total for NXT since December 18.

The demos were different than usual this week as the shows tied in people over 50, a category NXT usually wins out in. NXT had a slight win in people 18-34, with a 0.19 rating to Dynamite's 0.18.

AEW won big in males 18-49 with a 0.44 rating to NXT's 0.32. But with females in that age range, the shows both had a 0.18 rating.

The debate likely hurt NXT more than AEW, given that the debate did a monster rating in people over 50, the category NXT usually wins in.

The only sports competition on the night was a college basketball game on ESPN that only aired against the second half of the wrestling shows and averaged 978,000 viewers.

Miz and Mrs, which follows NXT on USA Network, had a season-high 500,000 viewers this week and averaged a 0.17 rating in 18-49, finishing 40th on cable in that demo.

Here's a look at the last 10 weeks of ratings and viewership totals for both Dynamite and NXT:

7Rv28vu.png

-- Raw on Monday night did its best showing since December 30 with a 2.44 million viewer average.

For whatever reason, there is a history of Raw doing big numbers on President's Day weekend, as last year's show did 2.77 million.

The number was up four percent from last week, but the bad news was that the 22 percent first-to-thurd hour drop in audience was the seventh biggest in the history of the show.

That was also a similar pattern to last year where the first two hours were much higher than usual and the third hour collapsed by 20 percent.

The second-to-third hour drop was the second largest of all-time, trailing only a 2018 episode that had Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson appearing at the end of the second hour.

This week's Raw was first for the night in 18-49 and sixth overall, trailing only news programs.

The first-to-third hour declines were 24 percent in women 18-49, 21 percent in men 18-49, 11 percent with teenage boys, while teenage girls didn't decline and over 50 declined 20 percent.

The first hour was the most-watched first hour of the show since September 30.

The three hours were:

- 8 p.m. 2.67 million viewers
- 9 p.m. 2.56 million viewers
- 10 p.m. 2.08 million viewers

Last edited:

cryptoadam

Banned
Help me GAF I think I am becoming an AEW fan. Even worse a Cody fan.

NXT is starting to get a little stale and formulaic for me. I still like the roster but it just feels so samey and you pretty much know how each match will go. Good back and forth with the jobber losing while looking good and the established star picking up their win.

TAKEOVERS still rule, but weekly NXT is starting to get boring.

AEW hasn't completly won me over, but the Cody storyline has been great, there is an energy to their shows and everyone is super over. I still cringe at some things but they are slowly winning me over.

Dthomp

Help me GAF I think I am becoming an AEW fan. Even worse a Cody fan.

NXT is starting to get a little stale and formulaic for me. I still like the roster but it just feels so samey and you pretty much know how each match will go. Good back and forth with the jobber losing while looking good and the established star picking up their win.

TAKEOVERS still rule, but weekly NXT is starting to get boring.

AEW hasn't completly won me over, but the Cody storyline has been great, there is an energy to their shows and everyone is super over. I still cringe at some things but they are slowly winning me over.

Don't do it! Actually do it, but don't cheer Cody. He's literally AEWs Jeff Jarrett. Mid Carder parading as the main event. It's not hard to get pops when you have A) The only unique entrance with the cage lifting thing B) The only legit banger entrance theme in teh company C)4 times the pyro of any other performer D) Both a Legend HOF Arn and his smoking hot wife coming out with him weekly E) Being the only guy that gets to bleed (And does it often) for a crowd of basically ECW fans who want crazy shit and violence).

One could argue AEW would be in the same exact position television and talent wise without Cody at all. Other then the cage match with Wardlow, he's been fed a steady diet of ex-WWE midcarders to beat making him seem like a bigger star then he is. The Elite would be in the same exact spot, except maybe we'd see proper Main Event Kenny and not this nonsense one we have now. MJF? He'd still be the best heel in wrestling. Nothing he has done to Cody wouldn't be just as successful against any other performer.

I enjoy AEW because it is different, Cody reminds me too much of the WWE because I find his in ring work stiff and boring outside of him adding terrible indy shit like that ugly as fuck springboard stunner (One of the dumbest moves IMO). Their womens division though is pure trash, and putting the belt on that dude didn't do it any favors.

Watched a video online the other day bringing up how AEW was going to be different and feel more real and unique, and so far it's been WWE-Lite. I hate hoping that Ex-WWE guys go there, but their talent pool is beyond sad and they deseperately need a TV title, not a stupid Trios title like I'm sure is what we will get.

NXT...Sadly I only watch the takeovers. For some reason I find the week to week stuff pretty meh since like you said it's too formulaic and sadly I'm kind of over the current main event scene of NXT. UE should have been moved up by now, or at least Adam Cole. Gargano also needs to go, I just don't want to see him there anymore. Ciampa I think needs to stay there, too much wear and tear and older with multiple surgeries, he can't take the schedule of main roster.

I am in the minority, but I loved developmental NXT more then Indy NXT. I dig Keith Lee, but he doesn't need to be in NXT, same with Pete Dunne. Get these dudes on the main roster.

This week’s Dynamite was the best one they’ve done yet.

I definitely agree. Omega/Hangman vs. The Lucha Bros was legit the best match I’ve seen in a LONG time. I was about to jump out of my seat. The Steel Cage Match with Cody and Wardlow was awesome. Loved the opening Tag Team Battle Royal too. Just an all-around wonderful show. I can’t wait to see Pac/Omega in the Ironman Match next week and I’m definitely getting Revolution on the 29th. I bought Full Gear and I will continue supporting AEW. I can’t wait until they come back to my part of the country so I can see AEW live again.

Last edited:
I'm sad.... And happy at the same time..... But mostly sad..... Kairi Sane recently got married this weekend to her long time fiance, who lives in Japan while she is still in Florida. Managed to make her relationship work and will still continue to support her fans

Dthomp

I'm sad.... And happy at the same time..... But mostly sad..... Kairi Sane recently got married this weekend to her long time fiance, who lives in Japan while she is still in Florida. Managed to make her relationship work and will still continue to support her fans

It'll be fine, she'll be back in Japan in no time since WWE completely misused her and all reports have made it sound like she's miserable in WWE

Becky likes the thiccness. Seth’s going to be pissed, but he’s probably too busy trying to be Jesus-Lite that he doesn’t care.

Last edited:
Shayna becoming RAW Women's Champion after WrestleMania, will Vince finally push Kairi Sane to be the next babyface? Probably not..... Cuz no speak engrish

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
Colt Cobana is at my Planet Fitness in Winnipeg right now, dude still got it and in great shape. Dont wana bother him though cus he busting his ass right now. Pretty cool though

Top Bottom