• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

Dthomp

Feel bad for Andrade, he deserves better then not being used simply because they expect him to leave when his contract ends, and yet won't just release him so he can go back to Mexico or NJPW, or even AEW if they want him. I hate how much talent they horde just to keep it away from others. He's a fantastic in ring worker and has a good look, are they afraid that letting him go would make Charlotte want to leave? How is treating him poorly any better?

Hope his contract isn't too much longer, I'd be up for him and Thea teaming up again in AEW though

Last edited:

Dthomp

Jesus, might as well rename it the "Friends and Trainees of Cody Show" Like 80% of the matches were "Nightmare Family jobbers" Enjoyed Riho/Itoh, but the rest of the card wow, I had no idea they had that many jobbers in AEW. Didn't hate Paul Wight on commentary, I'm just not sold on Tony as a lead guy anymore. Him and JR are negative experiences to me trying to enjoy the show these days.

Bullet Club

Jesus, might as well rename it the "Friends and Trainees of Cody Show" Like 80% of the matches were "Nightmare Family jobbers" Enjoyed Riho/Itoh, but the rest of the card wow, I had no idea they had that many jobbers in AEW. Didn't hate Paul Wight on commentary, I'm just not sold on Tony as a lead guy anymore. Him and JR are negative experiences to me trying to enjoy the show these days.
I don't mind Tony still. JR is past it. Paul was good and will get better.

The show was alright. Went a bit long.

Our girl should have won the main event.

It was funny seeing -1 doing a Damien Sandow style gimmick during Tay's match.

Dthomp

Fuck I missed the show last night. Gonna have to find a link to the match somewhere. Can't believe Britt put herself through all that, and worst part is she lost. This woman is who your division should be built around, put the belt on her already.

shoplifter

Fuck I missed the show last night. Gonna have to find a link to the match somewhere. Can't believe Britt put herself through all that, and worst part is she lost. This woman is who your division should be built around, put the belt on her already.

It wasn't the right move initially, even though it's pretty clear that's where they were headed at the time, but it is now.

dave_d

Are we allowed to list other sites that also have it? I mean there's one if you google "Watch Wrestling Online" but I don't know if the site frowns on this. (Since they're basically rebroadcasting wrestling shows.)

dave_d

A wrestling event...full of crowds. What year is it?
I know they've been doing that for a little bit in Japan. Admittedly they still have rules so I think it's half full and you can't make noise with your mouth. (Not that Japanese crowds were known for that.)

DKehoe

opk2TkZ.gif

Last edited:

Dthomp

Congrats to Andrade, hopefully he ends up somewhere he can be used to his abilities when his no compete clause ends. As much as I don't like AEW becoming WWE-Lite, he would be a bigger signing then Christian and can instantly be repaired with Thea and hopefully booked like his NXT run which was amazing.

Dthomp

I really really wish we had fans so that WWE would know just how fucking awful this Bliss and Bray pairing has been. This shit has been awful since day 1, and I'm not sure Alexa ever recovers from this shit to be believable again. I hate these "filmed" matches and the corny bullshit that has been this feud that NOBODY wanted to see. You could fire Bray tomorrow and nothing of value would be lost.

Dthomp

Is DX in blackface still there?

It won't be I'm sure, NBC will purge ANYTHING they deem offensive. I hope wrestling fans that care own some sort of versions of the stuff they care about from history cause if your only way to watch old stuff is the network it will be picked apart. I wonder if they just eliminate the existence of Kamala completely in their quest to protect the children from all this evil.

NickFire

I wish Peacock would remove most of the writing team while they are scrubbing offensive content. The last large event I was at pre-covid was a WWE show. Today, out of 5 hours between Raw and Smackdown, I fast-forward all but 1/2 an hour in a good week. But on a positive note, it's AEW Wednesday.

Kagey K

Banned
It won't be I'm sure, NBC will purge ANYTHING they deem offensive. I hope wrestling fans that care own some sort of versions of the stuff they care about from history cause if your only way to watch old stuff is the network it will be picked apart. I wonder if they just eliminate the existence of Kamala completely in their quest to protect the children from all this evil.
What about Akeem?

I grew up on wrestling being on my TV. Always been a huge fan. I took a bit of a break from watching at one point, but I still read up on it every week to stay current so when I would go back, I wouldn't be lost. I know AEW gets some shit lately, and they do have missteps, but they've honestly reinvigorated my passion for the business. I'm rarely bored when I watch. I wish they'd do some things differently but, i'm not going to let it sour my whole experience. I try to watch WWE sometimes and it's just...so...bad. Which is a shame because I am a big fan of a chunk of their roster. But to see the garbage that gets worse and worse, geez. This is the first year I chose to skip the Royal Rumble, and will probably skip Wrestlemania. Last years was ok. I oddly enough loved the hell out of the Firefly Funhouse Match between Bray and Cena. (I actually don't care for the Fiend, even though his theme remix is slamming. He's just some cheesy 80s horror villain).

The biggest upside to not watching WWE is I don't have to sit through Blandy Boreton anymore. I've never found him entertaining. Hell, I even named my brain tumour after him. I get asked, "Why Randy Orton?" and I tell them, "Because if I don't think about it, I forget about it. Then it comes back and reminds me that it exists, and I feel nothing but intense discomfort and pain. Just like Randy Orton."

The biggest downside for me atm not watching WWE is I can't lust over Becky Lynch, Asuka, Sonya Deville, etc lol

Top Bottom