• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wreckless 2 ingame shots...kinda bad quality though

bloke

Thanks to interlacing can't really say if is it better or not better looking than the first game orz
Coming out next wednesday in Japan. Got 8/9/8/9 in Fami Xbox and 7/7/7/6 in regular Fami (?)

img_game01.jpg

img_game03.jpg

img_game07.jpg

img_game10.jpg

img_game22.jpg

img_game25.jpg

img_game29.jpg

img_game41.jpg

img_game49.jpg

img_game50.jpg

img_game54.jpg

img_game68.jpg

rest here http://ad.impress.co.jp/special/double-steal0508/

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
You really think Full Auto looks good? Seriously? Has it changed substantially since the choppy, ugly E3 build?

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Once again, dark10x probes himself not deserving of his graphics whore status. You, Sir, do lack the required attitude to be labeled as one.

img_game54.jpg

928116_20050513_screen002.jpg

Wreckless 2 looks really good and Full Auto is fairly mediocre, but saying that the former looks better is somewhat confusing.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
dark10x said:
You really think Full Auto looks good? Seriously? Has it changed substantially since the choppy, ugly E3 build?

yes

olimario

Banned
Wreckless 2 looks more realistic. The developers focus on proper lighting really pushes the realism over Full Auto and PGR3 even though it's not as technically impressive.

op_ivy

:lol @ olimario!

... oh, your serious? wow

EDIT: back on topic of wreckless 2, it looks great, and should be a lot of fun. how does live play work?

olimario

Banned
Wreckless obviously has worse modeling, texturing, etc...
But the lighting and depth of field give it a more realistic look.

I understand those who are impressed with PGR3, but it's far from trying to mimic realism.

bloke

Reading that article it seems developers have been using every possible shaders and lightning techniques they could achieve on current Xbox. Something tells me screenshots are not doing this game any justice.

'Tone mapping' technology looks interesting.

img_game75_s.jpg
img_game76_s.jpg
img_game77_s.jpg
img_game78_s.jpg
img_game79_s.jpg

dark10x

Once again, dark10x probes himself not deserving of his graphics whore status. You, Sir, do lack the required attitude to be labeled as one
Good lord, I'm talking in regards to the hardware they are using. Full Auto looks like crap for a next-gen game. Sure, there's plenty of polys, but the design is f*cking ugly and the game looks horrible in motion. Why are you comparing a promo shot to that poorly captured in game DS2 shot anyways? That's not exactly fair...

Wreckless 2 is incredible for the original XBOX, though, and has a more impressive design as a result. I'm just a real sucker for their over the top lighting too. It looked so damn awesome in the original.
1107891946.jpg

Something tells me screenshots are not doing this game any justice.
Yes, that's exactly right.

op_ivy

you absolutely have to be a joke character, you say the dumbest things. i can understand if you prefer wreckless 2's over the top style, but it certainly isnt realistic... and to even try to compare that to one of the most visually realistic games ever, pgr3, is absolutely ludicris.

ok, i'm done with this topic.

interested in wreckless 2 impressions

olimario

Banned
PGR3 is NOT visually realistic. The cars in that game could never make me double take. I've been nearly fooled by some GT4 photomode shots before, but nothing in PRG3.

Thos pics bloke posted look great.

Gek54

Funky Papa said:
Jesus. Gek, do GAF a favour and keep yourself out of any car related thread in the gaming forum ok?

Haha, I wasnt serious. It looks great, 30fps or not.

Barnimal

Banned
how the FUCK is this mediocre?

928116_20050513_screen002.jpg

and any word of wreckless 2 coming to the US? if not i may just have to import this and pick up a japanese xbox on the cheap. anyone know where?

Blimblim said:
I have mine on order at playasia, so hopefully I'll be able to make some videos in a week.

Can you try out if the game runs on an unmodified pal xbox when you get it? It wouldn't be the first Microsoft title to be codefree and would be great news for me. :) Thanks.

Or are there any news about a PAL/US release of this?

Please let there be a free roaming mode!

Blimblim

The Inside Track
johnjohnson said:
Can you try out if the game runs on an unmodified pal xbox when you get it? It wouldn't be the first Microsoft title to be codefree and would be great news for me. :) Thanks.
Sure thing.

olimario

Banned
This just has a more realistic look than anything I've seen out of next gen.

561066_20040924_screen585.sized.jpg
561066_20040924_screen185.sized.jpg

It's obviously not as technically impressivde, but imagine this running on the 360 or the ps3. Sharpen those textures, improve the models, and turn on self shadowing. WOW.

dark10x

So how did the game go from this:
Never played Wreckless then? The replays were amazing looking. There was no downgrade. It's just a different camera angle in an area with no major effects in action.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Barnimal said:
how the FUCK is this mediocre?
Low poly (although you couln't tell from that picture), 30 fps, 2D rims, bad lightning. This is the lowest I expect from next gen, keep in mind that it's being developed by Pseudo Interactive (Cel Damage)

928115_20050513_screen001.jpg

Lets see how it looks by the time it gets released, but so far it is not pretty for Xbox 360.

Barnimal

Banned
yeah its definately a replay shot. i must get this game. part one owned.

"Low poly (althought you couln't tell from that picture), 30 fps, 2D rims, bad lightning. This is the lowest I expect from next gen, keep in mind that it's being developed by Pseudo Interactive (Cel Damage)"

then show me a pic of something from THIS gen that looks just as solid. please do. geez i'm so sick of the "thats not next gen" bullshit.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
It is next gen hardware, it must look better than the previous games but that doesn't mean that it is not mediocre looking. We shouldn't lower our standards that much just because it looks better than the games currently available.

Now, going back on topic.

dark10x

then show me a pic of something from THIS gen that looks just as solid. please do. geez i'm so sick of the "thats not next gen" bullshit.
So, nextgen to you means "marginal improvements"?

Neex

Banned
Oli, if PGR3 were a person, and you said that to it at a bar, I think you'd have your ass kicked in the parking lot by now.

olimario

Banned
Neex said:
Oli, if PGR3 were a person, and you said that to it at a bar, I think you'd have your ass kicked in the parking lot by now.

That doesn't even make any sense. I doubt Bizarre is going for realism like Polyphony is.

Barnimal

Banned
:lol how is it marginal? they game isnt even finished yet not to mention being online with all the other cars looking great, reflection and fully destructable environments. there has to be a balance between all that and what the game looked like 2 and a half months ago.

comparing doctored pics to real pics...what the hell is wrong with you people? I'm sure Wreckless 2 looks great for the xbox, but not as good as those FSAA'd x16 pics. Still should look good in progressive scan. The real Full Auto hasn't been revealed yet so, I'll wait. Not that long of a wait I'm sure.

Barnimal

Banned
i'm actually on ebay right now looking up a japanese xbox. :lol theres one going for $75. i really doubt this game is coming here. i think i may just pick up the game now, then decide wether i should have my xbox put under the knife or just get the import box. cheaper is better. :)

Neex

Banned
I don't know, using HDR maps for the sky, photomapped buildings, and a form of GI simulation is a pretty good shot.

Remember that whole debate about whether or not those buildings were 3d or pictures a while ago?

Does that mean nothing?

Cool, I really liked the original. I hope they bring all the military vehicles back, especially that awesome tank. and with a free-roam mode...

This looks pretty nice, but I think it would have been better for Microsoft if they had worked on a new game for Xbox 360 instead. I would have loved to see what they could come up with using next generation hardware.

bloke said:
Reading that article it seems developers have been using every possible shaders and lightning techniques they could achieve on current Xbox. Something tells me screenshots are not doing this game any justice.

'Tone mapping' technology looks interesting.

img_game75_s.jpg
img_game76_s.jpg
img_game77_s.jpg
img_game78_s.jpg
img_game79_s.jpg

That looks similar to HDR lighting.I remember reading that Wreckless 2 will be using it.Could that be it?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
saw this running today...

holyf*ckingshit does this look awesome for current gen hardware.

Even the Japanese were "WTFOMGBBQSUSHI!"

Drexon

Banned
Blim> How are you gonna run this game on Live? Got an asian Xbox or something, you filthy rich bastard? :)

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
... do MS still bother with regioning? most games run on all machines - Outrun 2 being the only recent game that i recall not working.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Drexon said:
Blim> How are you gonna run this game on Live? Got an asian Xbox or something, you filthy rich bastard? :)
Yes I have a japanese system. It's also my modded system, otherwise it sure would not have been used a lot. As for being rich, I wish I was.
DCharlie: They usually add a region protection when the game is not planned for release immediatly on all territories. That's the case with Wreckless 2.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
flipswitch said:
That looks similar to HDR lighting.I remember reading that Wreckless 2 will be using it.Could that be it?
In previous interviews it was mentioned they were using HDR lighting for the game. Not full blown but certain portions benefit from it.

Top Bottom