• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 32 |OT| OHHH! Written in the Stars! A Million Miles Awaaaaaay........

Status
Not open for further replies.

shwimpy

12905115_355530714570524_1547462938_n.jpg
Shane gonna jump off the Jerrytron.

UiOTpQP.png

WRESTLEMANIA 21- 2005

Main Event: Triple H (c) (w/ Ric Flair) vs. Batista for the World Heavyweight Championship

Credit is due because this actually has a good story behind. Problem is, Batista is supposed to be a monster and so... they have a typical babyface in peril match. It gets fun in the second half but not all Mania main events need to be 20 minute matches. Batista should just squash H here while he occasionally uses his veteran status to trip him up. It doesn't help that Batista is not a good performer (at least at this point in his career) he looks like he should be strong but you never really see anything that truly makes you think that. He struggles with a press slam and then there's a wonderfully goofy break out of the pedigree.

Sq8LIR4.gif

OzcAiNu.gif

2.5 WrestleMania Star stars out of 5

WRESTLEMANIA 22 - 2006

Main Event: John Cena (c) vs. Triple H for the WWE Championship

Triple H main events for the third time in a row, tying the Rock at this point but Hogan is of course still in the lead with 5. The hype package has an air of "so what?" to it, except this time Trips is a cocky heel as opposed to last year when he knew he was fucked, this year he seems to legit think he can beat his opponent. The match is really boring, except the crowd makes it fun. They hate Cena. This is the loudest Mania main event since Austin/Rock and it's all fueled on hatred for the top star. That's kind of crazy.

br1VizK.gif

WRESTLEMANIA 23 - 2007

Main Event: John Cena (c) vs. Shawn Michaels for the WWE Championship

The hype package is very somber and dramatic without ever giving a reason to be. It seems like these two are just wrestling... because? This is the same as last year, basically, except HBK is a face. For some reason he really wants to beat Cena and be champion. He's really playing it up during the match but I just have no idea why. Again, there's an air of "so what?" to this. This has the worst tendencies of main event matches where there's kickouts and overly dramatic stuff that never feels earned. It's just there because it's Mania.

KHCEz78.gif

Updated rankings and ratings:

17 - Austin vs. Rock - 5/5
20 - Benoit vs. HHH vs. HBK - 5/5
6 - Warrior vs. Hogan - 4/5

14 - Austin vs. HBK - 3.5/5
12 - HBK vs. Bret Hart - 3.5
19 - Angle vs. Lesnar - 3.5/5

3 - Hogan vs. Andre - 3/5
7 - Hogan vs. Slaughter - 3/5
5 - Hogan vs. Savage - 3/5
15 - Austin vs. Rock - 3/5

4 - Savage vs. DiBiase - 2.5/5
1 - Hogan/Mr. T vs. Piper/Orndorff - 2.5/5
21 - HHH vs. Batista - 2.5/5
22 - HHH vs. Cena 2.5/5
23 - HBK vs. Cena - 2.5/5
10 - Yokozuna vs. Bret - 2.5/5

16 - HHH vs. Rock vs. Foley vs. Big show - 2/5
18 - HHH vs. Jericho - 2/5
13 - Sid vs. Undertaker - 2/5
9 - Bret Hart vs. Yokozuna - 2/5

2 - Hogan vs. King Kong Bundy - 1.5/5
11 - Lawrence Taylor vs. Bam Bam Bigelow - 1.5/5

8 - Hogan vs. Sid - 0.5/5
9 - Hogan vs. Yokozuna - 0/5

Jopie

If they go no DQ for HHH v Roman, I could see an Austin run in. Austin causes HHH the match, Roman wins. I don't see a TX crowd booing Austin, therefore Roman gets cheers.

Jopie

Off the stage screen and through the floor maybe?

They could do something like KOTR. When Foley was getting carted off, Taker was still on the top of the cell. Same thing here except once the cell gets so high up, Shane jumps off. I hope he doesn't get seriously injured.

If they go no DQ for HHH v Roman, I could see an Austin run in. Austin causes HHH the match, Roman wins. I don't see a TX crowd booing Austin, therefore Roman gets cheers.

Austin's too smart to do that. He rarely comebacks as it is, he's not going to waste an appearance on a failure.

Rock is going to interfere for Roman and Austin will run in to even it up. Suddenly we have Rock v Austin for 10 minutes

Let me dream

RBH

Bret Hart interview:

A look back at some of the greatest WrestleMania’s of all time and one man’s epic contests with Shawn Michaels and Steve Austin are always up for discussion as being the greatest in the events history. With WrestleMania 32 upon us Total Wrestling Magazine managed to sit down with WWE Hall of Famer Bret Hart as he casts his thoughts on this weekend's WrestleMania which he calls an ’embarrassment’.

“I think they have done an awful job of trying to get Roman Reigns over for WrestleMania and quite honestly they made their biggest mistake at this year’s Royal Rumble. They had the right idea by putting him in from the start and stacking the odds against him but they should have had him overcome all the obstacles by fighting bravely against all comers to eventually be the last man standing, but this whole idea where a whole bunch of Triple H’s goons come out, attack him and leave him for dead, having him stretchered out almost crippled only for him to limp out at the end to make a comeback, well we’ve been there, done that. At least if he’d been there from the start to the end taking on everyone he could have lost the match at the very end but the fans would have respected him more. What I think they did by having him stretchered out and return having missed the lions’ share of the match killed any good feeling or respect the fans held toward him and he hasn’t been able to recover from that. By taking him out the match the killed any impact he had.”

It’s fair to say that Hart believes creative ‘cannot come up with something original’ and is also blaming the WWE hierarchy for ‘force feeding’ Reigns to fans.

“It seems to be this whole idea of force feeding the fans with him until they’ll eventually enjoy the taste, but it’s not working they keep presenting him the wrong way and it’s a shame because he is a better talent than that.”

Having been on some of the best WrestleMania cards in WWE’s history Hart seems less than impressed with what the company are offering for their 32nd installment.

“As for the rest of the card I noticed that the tag titles are not on the line and it’s a 4 on 3 handicap match?! Give me a break! Whatever happened to good old fashioned straight up tag team wrestling? The champs defend the belts against another team? It’s simple really but it seems the psychology of wrestling is on the wane at the moment. The people writing this stuff have no sense of the history or prestige of these titles or any of the titles for that matter. It’s sad but the titles don’t mean anything anymore Triple H is currently on his 18th 19th what is it 50th title reign?! I mean give me a break!”

One thing that Hart has noticed is WWE’s reliance on featuring talent that wrestle only a few times a year, while others who are full time are lower down the card.

“This Wrestlemania is suffering from a huge case of nepotism,” Hart states. “You have Shane McMahon son of the boss taking on the Undertaker in the cell. Vince’s son gets the main event in the biggest show of the year, Vince’s son in law gets the semi or joint main event whatever way you want to look at it at the biggest show of the year, Stephanie will walk him out. I’m actually surprised they don’t have Linda McMahon in the Divas title match! Then you have guys like Undertaker and Brock Lesnar who only wrestle a few times a year featuring prominently on the card while guys like Cody Rhodes, the guys who are on the road every day slogging it out, toughing it out, getting injured essentially pulling the wagon, those guys get tucked away in a multi-man match at the bottom of the card or pre show. They’ll get some chump change for a pay-off and it makes me think that this wrestling business isn’t about the wrestlers anymore, it’s about all the bullshit."

“I’m just being honest and I have to say that this year’s Wrestlemania card is the worst Wrestlemania card in history. I won’t be watching it, I couldn’t care less about it. The characters mean nothing, the titles mean nothing. I’m embarrassed by it.”

Moving on from WrestleMania, Hart is excited about the upcoming UK tour that he will be appearing on later this month.

“My UK fans have always been amongst the most ardent and loyal, they have stuck by me through thick and thin and I appreciate it so much.

“That’s why being able to come to the UK to do these events where I get to meet and interact with my fans is always a pleasure and I’m looking forward to getting back over there to touch base with them.”
http://www.totalwrestlingmagazine.c...awful-job-with-roman-reigns-for-wrestlemania/

sora87

They could have put some effort in to the stage, then again they could have put some effort in to the card too

Hex

Banned
Rock is going to interfere for Roman and Austin will run in to even it up. Suddenly we have Rock v Austin for 10 minutes

Let me dream

Austin would never run in for HHH.
Michaels? Nash? Hall? You know getting your buddies the Mania pay day...now THAT is possible.

Hasney

Austin would never run in for HHH.
Michaels? Nash? Hall? You know getting your buddies the Mania pay day...now THAT is possible.

Seth freaking Rollins with the crutch attack.

Oh, who are we kidding. It'll be the League of Booty.

This Wrestlemania might be the worst but they could salvage it.

At the end Dean attacks Roman after beating Triple H getting a huge pop from the crowd.

On Raw Dean explain his action how the Authority always screw him over while Roman becomes an asshole making him turn heel.

Dean gets a title shot in the next PPV where Seth Rollins make his return interrupting the main event.

The next PPV will be a Triple Threat match against Dean, Roman and Rollins for the WWE Championship. The match ends with a draw between Roman and Seth causing the belt to split thus causing the brand split with the Reign of Terror being on Raw and Seth Rollins being the face of Smackdown.

Hasney

I want Roman to win just to hear the reaction on Raw the night after. I think too much of the boos will be lost by the open air stadium.

Verendus

Banned
To be fair, you all cried about Wrasslin'Mania 31 and that was one of the most solid Wrasslin'Manias WWE has ever done. If there's one thing I've learned on the internet, it's that people just like to cry all the time. I ain't saying it's right or wrong, just that people are incredibly emotional. All the time.

And you will be even more emotional when Roman Reigns closes the show tomorrow night holding the WWE World Heavyweight Championship high.

sephi22

Like, can you pick up where you started or is it a one-time membership?
Um? Once you cancel with like, say, 15 days left, its not like its going to close your account. You can still keep using it for the remaining 15 and if you try to watch it again after, you'll have to pay. I'm assuming that's how it works as that's how most streaming sites work. If you canceled sometime in the past, and are logging back into your account, then just pay the 9.99 and it'll start counting down your 30 days

Do you guys think Rollins will get a new finisher when he comes back? I hate his pedigree.

Also, chances of Cena or Cesaro returning for the Battle Royale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom