• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 32 |OT| OHHH! Written in the Stars! A Million Miles Awaaaaaay........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus Christ Orton/Triple H at Mania 25 just won't end. WOULD SOMEBODY STOP THE DAMN MATCH

Don't worry, it eventually reaches a conclusion worthy of beating down an easy mode opponent in a wrestling game.
*spam mounted punches to build meter*
*finisher taunt*
*lift up groggy opponent*
*Pedigree*
WWF No Mercy would be proud of such a finale.

Don't worry, it eventually reaches a conclusion worthy of beating down an easy mode opponent in a wrestling game.
*spam mounted punches to build meter*
*finisher taunt*
*lift up groggy opponent*
*Pedigree*
WWF No Mercy would be proud of such a finale.

That is straight up insulting to speak of No Mercy in the same context of that match.

That is straight up insulting to speak of No Mercy in the same context of that match.

....you're not wrong.

Okay, you can pull off the same thing in Wrestlemania X8 on the GC so lets just pretend I said that.

Hey remember how the match is built up as a strong blood feud but then the actual showdown is a safe singles match where a DQ will lose Trips his title?
Remember when they used finishers right at the start in a desperate attempt to make things interesting?
Or when Trips yell of relieving his frustration towards the end is met with deafening silence?
Coming to think of it the Ref should've DQ'd him for going way beyond the five count for those mounted punches.

Menome

Here it is, folks:

g0O5v3n.png

UiOTpQP.png

Network won't work on my browser so no gifs.
No big loss

WRESTLEMANIA XXIV - 2008

Main Event: Edge (c) vs. The Undertaker for the World Heavyweight Championship

Three submission victories in a row at Mania now. This match suffers in my eyes because I think Punk's match with Taker at Mania pretty much perfected the sniveling heel trying to end Taker match. Pretty good though.

3 WrestleMania Star stars out of 5

WRESTELMANIA XXV - 2009

Main Event: Triple H (c) vs. Randy Orton for the WWE Championship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbwjfe5BbGc

0 WrestleMania Star stars out of 5

WRESTLEMANIA XXVI - 2010

Main Event: The Undertaker vs. Shawn Michaels in a No Disqualification-No Count Out 'Career vs Streak' match

Not as good as their match at 25, but still good. I have a problem with these Taker matches against smaller guys like Edge and HBK dominating most of the match against an undead big guy. If you're going to do that gimmick then you got to go "full retard" with it, I just don't see any other way. The problem is that WrestleMania, at this point, means all big matches are 30 minutes, everybody kicks out of finishers, and everyone is equal against each other across the board. I can overlook it at times, but on this marathon I'm not digging it. Also, I talk a lot about earned emotion in these matches, especially in this era where everything is supposed to be epic just because, but without any reason - here it obviously works as it's HBK's last match. He sure does love his cheesy send offs ("I'm sorry, I love you." and the whole last part here) and they 100% work for me.

4 WrestleMania Star stars out of 5

WRESTLEMANIA XXVII - 2011

Main Event: The Miz (c) vs. John Cena for the WWE Championship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbwjfe5BbGc

0 WrestleMania Star stars out of 5

Updated rankings and ratings:

17 - Austin vs. Rock - 5/5
20 - Benoit vs. HHH vs. HBK - 5/5
6 - Warrior vs. Hogan - 4/5
26 - HBK vs. Undertaker 4/5

14 - Austin vs. HBK - 3.5/5
12 - HBK vs. Bret Hart - 3.5/5
19 - Angle vs. Lesnar - 3.5/5

3 - Hogan vs. Andre - 3/5
7 - Hogan vs. Slaughter - 3/5
5 - Hogan vs. Savage - 3/5
15 - Austin vs. Rock - 3/5
24 - Edge vs. Undertaker 3/5

4 - Savage vs. DiBiase - 2.5/5
1 - Hogan/Mr. T vs. Piper/Orndorff - 2.5/5
21 - HHH vs. Batista - 2.5/5
22 - HHH vs. Cena 2.5/5
23 - HBK vs. Cena - 2.5/5
10 - Yokozuna vs. Bret - 2.5/5

16 - HHH vs. Rock vs. Foley vs. Big show - 2/5
18 - HHH vs. Jericho - 2/5
13 - Sid vs. Undertaker - 2/5
9 - Bret Hart vs. Yokozuna - 2/5

2 - Hogan vs. King Kong Bundy - 1.5/5
11 - Lawrence Taylor vs. Bam Bam Bigelow - 1.5/5

8 - Hogan vs. Sid - 0.5/5
9 - Hogan vs. Yokozuna - 0/5
27 - Cena vs. Miz - 0/5
25 - Triple H vs. Orton - 0/5

He'd be such a great asshole heel with that smile.

Seriously.

Dude would make a really good cocky heel. Maybe since Vince has such a boner for him he could actually be booked as a strong, cocky heel instead of the "all bad guys are cowards" booking we got now.

shaowebb

Oh my God Roman STRAIGHTEN YOUR FUCKING LEGS OUT! You look like you hit a wall and crumpled. Dude has a spear that is only saved from being the worst ever by how bad Edge's spear was. Seriously...I dont care if they gotta learn to bump. Its a tackle. You go in and you kick your legs out straight when you hit. Even if they dont fly far from it at the very least it allows the impact to look like you launched yourself as hard as you could at them by kicking your body out fully. Just think of it as hard selling a gut tackle in the turnpost. Not like kicking the legs out is a hard landing to take. You fall like you did a splash.

Literally one of the first things you learn when you train to wrestle is splay your limbs out to make your moves look bigger. Its why you spread out so far when doing basic shit like holding a dude on the ground in a headlock. Limbs spread out...move looks big. You hit tucked in a ball and you go over like a pile of shit.

Swear some dudes never learned how to make their own spots look good and have to rely on super bumpers to sell for em out there.

sora87

Well they do need to go big to even attempt to follow nxt takeover. Shane jumping off the top of the AT&T stadium should suffice

ultrazilla

Ok my mark booking.

Before the Hell in a Cell match, Shane picks up a mic and reminds us he has
found a way to beat Undertaker.

Undertaker is beating down Shane badly during the match. Shane has done a couple
crazy spots that have still not stopped the Deadman. At the end of the match the ref takes a bump, Taker gets Shane into the Tombstone position when the lights go black.

John Cena's music hits and the crowd goes wild. Taker drops Shane to the mat who's out cold. Cena runs to the cell, grabs the key and lets himself inside. He waves off the Undertaker after a stare down and goes over to help Shane up. Shane hugs Cena. As Shane and Cena separate, Cena kicks Shane in the groin, scoops him up and delivers a devasting AA to Shane. Cena nods to the Undertaker and Cena feeds Shane to him for the Tombstone. Cena wakes the ref up and counts the 1, 2, 3. Taker wins as we see Cena walk up the entrance stage. Vince McMahon comes out and embraces Cena at the top of the ramp. McMahon hands a mic to Cena who's getting nuclear heat.

"Shane, did you really think for one second I would betray your father whom I owe everything to? My mansions, cars, all of it....came from your dad"

Vince grabs the mic. "That's right! The only son I have is right here by my side. A true son who stands
with his dad and knows his role! Get out of my building Shane!

The crowd is crazy on fire with heat at Cena and McMahon.

lilty

Hey guys, I'm in Canada and I ordered the WWE network, but I can't get it to work online. I got my parents to order it through Rogers (I'm in school and don't have cable) and I'm trying to use their log in information to get access. However I'm getting an "unauthorized" message when trying to log in this way. Any idea what I can do?

BadAss2961

Man, this card... It's not terrible on paper (by today's standards), but none of these matchups have good heat.

Lousy buildup.

Am I mistaken in remembering the DX song debuting at the end of a PPV back in the day? Which one?

I remember hearing it and watching what was essentially the jumbotron footage with my mouth wide and thinking how fucking cool that was.

Now that I have the WWE network, I'd like to check that out. I see there's an in your house: degeneration x, but I can't imagine it closing out that show... So did it close out the screwjob?

mreddie

Rewatching XIX, it really is the twin of X7 only with a better women's match and replace the Gimmick Royale with the Pillow Fight. Also, a lesser but still good Tag Team match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom