• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 32 |OT| OHHH! Written in the Stars! A Million Miles Awaaaaaay........

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean it really has made me realize how good Cena is, Superman push aside.

Cena is a good enough wrestler and sharp enough on the mic to turn reactions like this against a crowd. Roman is nowhere near talented enough in either facet to take control of such harsh reactions.

Reigns generally gets the crowd on his side during matches because he wrestles pretty psychologically and sells well to cover up his very small war crate, but he was never going to be able to turn this one around, even if he suddenly reached Hulk Hogan levels of charisma.

It cannot be overstated how bizarre this show was. Bad, yes, but a very weird kind of bad that I cannot put my finger on. Literally no result in any match except the triple threat made any sense.

Kusagari

27 at least had undertaker vs triple h. even though wwe boosts that match like it's the greatest thing ever (it wasn't), it was at least a GOOD if not VERY GOOD match.

THIS SHOW DIDN'T HAVE A SINGLE GOOD MATCH

The triple threat and ladder match were both good.

Three time champ.
tumblr_o2az4e3O5X1tuub8ro1_500.gif

Three down, 14 more to go!

sora87

It's embarrassing their developmental program outshines their biggest event of the year on the same weekend. Flat out embarrassing.

mulac

I just got home from work (Sydney, 2pm) - obviously couldnt watch this live even though its time positive for me.

However this thread seems to be more entertaining than the ppv - hell, even vs twitter.

Good job people! Same time next year?

Barrage

Ill post my full thoughts later, but essentially-

Anyone who said this was gonna be the worst WM of all time should be banned for a calendar year.

Lighthaven

Neo Member
WWE should patent and sell a machine that mutes Boos that I can use in my daily life....I would buy one in every John Cena-esque color they want to sell it.

UberTag

A lot of disappointment on TV tonight, what a letdown.
On the bright side, between the inevitable booking decisions here and the finale of tonight's Walking Dead leaking out over a week ago many of us had the chance to prepare ourselves in advance and adjust our expectations accordingly.

Plenty of middle fingers to go around for fans of all shapes and stripes tonight.

Jerm411

I know everyone will talk about the Shane spot but how goddamn dumb was that and it just shows how hypocritical this company is...

Oh we can't do piledrivers and Rollins has to give up the curb stomp but a 46 yr old. can put himself through a table from the HIAC roof.

Fuck off.

Eh

If I do get charged 9.99 for this it'll be ok , I give it a 5/10

Women's match was good
Shane did his crazy jump that would kill someone
Ladder IC was good
SHAQ lol
Apple Dough
Steph :3 <3

Nostalgia will happen every year
Austin X HBK X Foley X Rock X DDP was alright

It's embarrassing their developmental program outshines their biggest event of the year on the same weekend. Flat out embarrassing.

developmental program headlined by wrestlers developed outside of the company that are better than most of the wrestlers on the main roster

Bubba T

27 at least had undertaker vs triple h. even though wwe boosts that match like it's the greatest thing ever (it wasn't), it was at least a GOOD if not VERY GOOD match.

The women's title match was good

Hey, some of us in this thread weren't even watching...

please tell me I wasn't the only person here just reading this thread instead of paying for the network...

The spectacle of complaining is more intriguing than the event itself

mreddie

C+

Heels winning because heels but isn't Mania the majority of faces win?

New Day losing to LoN and having Vets go over makes no sense to me.
I don't mind Charlotte/Ric really, but all 3 women went over as fuck
Jericho over AJ still is a weird one, I guess to extend the feud
Ryder is IC Champ, feels a bit too late but time will tell
Shane destroyed himself and it was a bit cringey but both gave it their all
Corbin winning...eh.
Rock/Cena over Wyatts...sigh
I knew the ending but Roman looked legit hurt. LOL

I thought this was an okay Mania. I don't think it was as bad as people were saying. Only problems I had with it were the weird booking decisions on who went over. AJ, New Day, Sasha/Becky, and probably one more or two that I have forgotten since. Just a strange night.

At least Zack Ryder got his WrestleMania moment and celebrated with his dad. Feel good moment right there.

I set my expectations low, they cleared the low bar. I thought WM was fine. Ran too long though, 5 hours + 2 hour preshow is a fucking gauntlet.

If you're going to get mad over booking, I bet you had a rough night. But then again why would you trust the main show to get booking right.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I actually really enjoyed this show up to and including the tatanka sighting.

Reading this thread made me realize the people who watch the most wrestling, hate wrestling the most.

no they hate shit. people went nuts over nxt. lets not pretend this was a good show

F**k that was terrible.

I knew it was gonna be crap, but I thought they'd at least have something redeemable. I honestly put that up there as the worst WM in years.

Owens. :(

Sami. :(

Sasha. :(

Why? :(

Also:

HEY GUYS LOOK ITS OLD GUYS YOU KNOW!!! WHAT A MOMENT! Every year now, it isn't special because you KEEP doing it. :|

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

It had Shaq ok

And snoop Dogg and dragon ball z.

It was the best wrestlemania

NightOnyx

So Roman wins and Shane doesn't get to take over RAW, there is literally nothing to get excited about! It's just the same old crap, I don't get it. Is it just going to be the Roman show until Seth comes back? I'll watch tomorrow night to watch the crowd boo the hell out of them, but I just have no interest besides that. At least NXT was great this weekend. If only the main show could be as great. I can't believe that I was hoping for a good show so I wouldn't have to cancel my wwe network subscription.

Babyshams

It's sad that the major milestone of creating a new WOMENS Championship, and a great womens match at that will be tarnished as the "Worst Wrestlemania Ever" because of the terrible booking that surrounded it.

I imagine this Mania would feel a lot better if.... oh, practically every finish and winner didn't feel wrong. Some utterly baffling booking decisions made here tonight.

I liked the ladder match, new day's match (mostly), the women's match bar the finish, Shane O' bar the result, Shaq was fun, and yeah, that sums it up I think.

Enjoyed the show but nothing's compelling me to keep watching.

Barrage

EVERY MATCH WAS GOOD OR GREAT

BUT MY FAV DIDNT WIN

IM NOT A MARK IM JUST UPSET

THOSE ARENT TEARS THATS WORKRATE JUICE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom