• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 32 |OT| OHHH! Written in the Stars! A Million Miles Awaaaaaay........

Status
Not open for further replies.

somedevil

Mauro Ranallo role at Wrestlemania:

Mauro Ranallo will be on the WWE NXT "Takeover: Dallas" Kickoff pre-show panel with Renee Young and Lita. Mauro revealed on Twitter that he will also be calling the WrestleMania 32 Kickoff pre-show matches.

yuraya

I still say they should have gone with the fatal four way elimination match between Roman, Lesnar, HHH and Ambrose for the title instead of this shit card. It would have helped salvage the injuries and made the main event really fun. Neither Roman nor HHH have the skills or stamina to put on a good match. Its gonna be so boring. The street fight between Ambrose and Lesnar is pointless. Both of those guys deserve a title shot and both deserve the belt more than HHH/Roman.

Just shit booking all around.

Browny

Banned
Show would be so much better with him than Cole. One huge problem with WWE is the commentary team. It's the absolute worst commentary team in history.
But the WWE Universe needs to know when people are having fun, Maggle!

I hate JBL, and I hate that Vince is in their ears all night.

I still say they should have gone with the fatal four way elimination match between Roman, Lesnar, HHH and Ambrose for the title instead of this shit card. It would have helped salvage the injuries and made the main event really fun. Neither Roman nor HHH have the skills or stamina to put on a good match. Its gonna be so boring. The street fight between Ambrose and Lesnar is pointless. Both of those guys deserve a title shot and both deserve the belt more than HHH/Roman.

HHH doesn't have the stamina? lmao

LOL

This is what happens when you become a belt mark.

BFIB

I love how fucked up the storylines are right now.

Take HHH for instance. Guy wins the strap, yet the authority continued to let Roman get shot after shot. Finally Vince shows up, gives Reigns his shot at Fast lane, Reigns wins. HHH should be pissed at Vince right? Well how about the fact that the authority could easily lose control of Raw if Shane beats Taker. So in one night, Vince has lined it up for the authority to lose everything. How has HHH not brought up these concerns?

RyudBoy

I'll watch it but this mania looks terrible. I'm sure some of the matches will be good but I have no interest in the story lines. They better fucking turn Reigns.

I dabble in WWE. Basically it's like going swimming with friends and I just end up dangling my feet in the water.

I love The New Day and participate in the occasional pay-per-view.

This is just one of those occasions.

Had a lot of lols at last years Wrestlemania. Hoping for more of the same this year.

Fitts

Thanks for getting me caught up, OP! This is going to be the first Wrestlemania I've watched live since IX and I'm pretty excited to check it out! I mean, it can't be any worse than watching my childhood hero Bret Hart get screwed by Hogan, right? It's kind of amazing to see Undertaker still around and this is also going to be the first time watching a Lesnar match. (didn't know who he was prior to his MMA run)

Kalisto (c) vs Ryback - United States Championship
3L8OUER3-cI.jpg

I'll be honest, I've got no idea what the fuck this match is doing on this card.

This picture popped up in my Team Stream and I thought Rey Mysterio was facing Goldberg.

UberTag

Take HHH for instance. Guy wins the strap, yet the authority continued to let Roman get shot after shot. Finally Vince shows up, gives Reigns his shot at Fast lane, Reigns wins. HHH should be pissed at Vince right? Well how about the fact that the authority could easily lose control of Raw if Shane beats Taker. So in one night, Vince has lined it up for the authority to lose everything. How has HHH not brought up these concerns?
Perhaps if they had time in their 3-hour show to do more than denigrate their audience in a desperate attempt to get their opponent whom they supposedly loathe and hate over they would have time to bring up these issues with Vince. No time for that, though.

LOL record profits yet you think they'll shut down. Pretty funny.
Pretty much this. Wrestling fans deserve the product they're getting in 2016. Apparently they are as dumb as Triple H says they are in his promos. Not voting with their wallet but instead spending freely so they can show up at live events and shit on the product in person.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Miz so buried his name isn't even in the OP ladder match title with the other wrestlers.

I still think you're awesome Miz :(
Miz is one of the best talents they have right now on the mic and he's criminally underused. He deserved his Mania main event all those years ago and he deserves another run at the top. He should be world champion right now.

Miz is one of the best talents they have right now on the mic and he's criminally underused. He deserved his Mania main event all those years ago and he deserves another run at the top. He should be world champion right now.

I don't know if he should be world champ right now, or ever again, but the rest is truth.

SeroTyler

First one to talk gets to stay on the aircraft!
So this is more of a Takeover question, are they not taping anything before like they usually do?

Roman wins vs. HHH

HHH comes out during Shane/Taker you think to wreck Shane but nope, lays out Taker

HHH/Steph/Shane run Raw and strip Roman of the title

The boos for Roman will be glorious, it might be an ugly point of view but I love it when a crowd verbally vomits over what the WWE try to do - Goldberg v Lesnar at WM XX. The whole CM PUNK / Daniel Bryan chants over the last few years.

Farsi

The boos for Roman will be glorious, it might be an ugly point of view but I love it when a crowd verbally vomits over what the WWE try to do - Goldberg v Lesnar at WM XX. The whole CM PUNK / Daniel Bryan chants over the last few years.

The evolution of the geeks. Booed Brock for leaving in 2004, a decade later cheer Punk for leaving.

Rock vs Cena killed the industry bringing in these horrible fans.

Pretty much this. Wrestling fans deserve the product they're getting in 2016. Apparently they are as dumb as Triple H says they are in his promos. Not voting with their wallet but instead spending freely so they can show up at live events and shit on the product in person.

My favorite part is the people who bitch about the main product yet watch NXT. Vince & WWE are still getting their money regardless.

NYR

This will likely be the worst Wrestlemania ever, which is actually pretty surprising considering the lack of talent since 2003 when the Cena/JBL/Edge era took over from the Attitude era. Never recovered since, given us the likes of Sheamus and The Miz as champs and the middling roster now of tremendous talent with almost zero charisma.

SheHateMe

My plan is to take the light rail from Dallas until the end of the line and then an Uber from there. No idea how much it'll cost but I don't know of a better way.

That's because this way is probably the best way.

Avoid that $60 parking fee and the mass exodus of traffic.

notworksafe

That's because this way is probably the best way.

Avoid that $60 parking fee and the mass exodus of traffic.

Glad I was on the right track there.

I went to last years and it was a bitch trying to leave. I was about to call an Uber to grab us and then I saw the 8x surcharge and decided to walk with the crowd til we got to a shopping center, grab a longish dinner, and then take an Uber back to the hotel. Much better.

I must say I am getting a kick out of how much WWE is REALLY trying to act like Roman isnt getting booed in every show.

At least with Cena they do the whole "No one gets a response quite like John Cena" when he is getting booed but with Reigns they are 100% sticking with the "he is the fan favourite hero who is standing up to the bad guy" thing on promos and commentary even when the crowd is booed the shit out of him and cheering the bad guy.

Its great how awkward it is.

A heel turn would do him wonders. He can always turn back when it feels right but right now they should play into the heat he clearly has and make him a dominant heel champion. Having him squash Ambrose for a few months post mania. Then do something with Seth who will have that post injury face run for a short while before turning again.

The women's triple threat is going to be the highlight easily. Really hoping Becky wins although I'm pretty much accepting the fact it's going to Sasha.

The evolution of the geeks. Booed Brock for leaving in 2004, a decade later cheer Punk for leaving.

Context is important. Brock was pushed to the moon right from his introduction, given multiple world title reigns and was put over both some of the biggest faces of the era and legit legends, and was basically built up as the face of half the damned company and Brock repaid all that kindness by throwing it all away to fuck off to the NFL at the first opportunity he got. Punk, on the other hand was a fan favorite who worked his ass off to put on the best show possible and yet, despite his talent and popularity, WWE treated him like a second class citizen, jobbing to old, semi-retired wrestlers who didn't gain anything from beating Punk, was treated as a mid-card act for his entire WWE Title reign, and was even treated improperly by WWE's medical staff when he was suffering from a severe staph infection.

Zee-Row

Banned
I have a choice between going to a Wrestlemania party or stay home and watch Walking dead finale. What should I do? I have a bad feeling about this year's Mania.

I have a choice between going to a Wrestlemania party or stay home and watch Walking dead finale. What should I do? I have a bad feeling about this year's Mania.

Go to the party and watch TWD later? Atleast at the party you can have fun and get drunk even when the show sucks.

Purexed

Banned
I've never seen so many people bitch about a product they continue to obsess over and watch, every week and PPV.

I'm in on WrestleMania Texas and am excited for every match, except Ryback and Kallisto.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom