• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

somedevil

Seems as of now the Women's Smackdown match has been moved off the preshow. WWE only list 2 preshow matches so far.

Wonder if they timed out the show and they can fit it in or deciding to switch it with another match. If I had to switch it with one match it would be Ambrose vs Corbin.

Chopper

The part of wrestling people like is that being scripted means you can easily include the unpredictability that excites people about real combat sports. When it becomes writing on the wall, people will get pissed off.
Exactly. Roman's problem in a nutshell. How the hell they didn't learn after the Batista debacle, I have no idea. See also, John Cena.

Sanjuro

17587243_1119722281507762_6463857219917053952_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSRq09PAV3a/

I can't believe this photo gave me those feels.

I can't believe in 2017, Jericho is the best guy on the roster.

:')

Seems as of now the Women's Smackdown match has been moved off the preshow. WWE only list 2 preshow matches so far.

Wonder if they timed out the show and they can fit it in or deciding to switch it with another match. If I had to switch it with one match it would be Ambrose vs Corbin.

It's still just two right now according to both the official card and the main article about the kick off.

WWE Universe, keep your hands, arms and legs inside the vehicle at all times because you are about to embark on The Ultimate Thrill Ride when WrestleMania 33 takes over Orlando this Sunday.

Full WrestleMania coverage | Watch every WrestleMania on WWE Network

Sports-entertainment’s biggest night of the year begins with a special two-hour WrestleMania Kickoff, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network at 5 p.m. ET/2 p.m. PT. In addition to WWE Network, the Kickoff can also be seen for free on WWE.com, the WWE App, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+. The second hour of the Kickoff also airs on USA Network.

Join Renee Young along with WWE Hall of Famers Jerry Lawler, Booker T and Shawn Michaels as they share their thoughts and predictions for WrestleMania 33 and give live updates from The Show of Shows as they happen.

Plus, there will be matches on the Kickoff as WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville vs. Austin Aries and during the second hour on USA Network, the fourth-annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal,

Then, at 7 p.m. ET/4 p.m. PT, WWE’s most epic event of the year takes place as WrestleMania 33 airs live on WWE Network.

Don’t miss any of the action this Sunday, beginning with the WrestleMania Kickoff at 5 p.m. ET/2 p.m. PT!

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestlemania/33/article/watch-wrestlemania-33-kickoff

The following matches have been announced so far:

WWE Championship Match
Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton (PREVIEW)

Universal Championship Match
Goldberg (c) vs. Brock Lesnar (PREVIEW)

The Phenom vs. The Big Dog
The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns (PREVIEW)

Power Couples Collide
John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. The Miz & Maryse (PREVIEW)

Non-Sanctioned Match
Seth Rollins vs. Triple H (PREVIEW)

SmackDown LIVE Commissioner vs. The Phenomenal One
Shane McMahon vs. AJ Styles (PREVIEW)

Raw Women’s Championship Fatal 4-Way Elimination Match
Bayley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax (PREVIEW)

United States Championship Match
Chris Jericho (c) vs. Kevin Owens (PREVIEW)

Intercontinental Championship Match
Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Baron Corbin (PREVIEW)

SmackDown Women’s Championship Match
Champion Alexa Bliss to defend against all female SmackDown LIVE Superstars who are available to compete (PREVIEW)

Raw Tag Team Championship Triple Threat Ladder Match
Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson (c) vs. Enzo Amore & Big Cass vs. Cesaro & Sheamus (PREVIEW)

The Fourth Annual Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal (Kickoff Match)
Featuring Big Show, Sami Zayn, Braun Strowman, Apollo Crews, Mojo Rawley and more Superstars (PREVIEW)

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match (Kickoff Match)
Neville (c) vs. Austin Aries (PREVIEW)

Stick with WWE.com for the latest news as WrestleMania 33 draws near, and for complete coverage during and after The Ultimate Thrill Ride.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/wrestleman...ia-33-match-card-previews-start-time-and-more

Ignoring the graphic of the article about the kickoff having Bliss in it but between rthe SD women's match not being mentioned there and the full card listing it amongst the main show matches, it does in fact seem like yes the SD Women's match has been bumped up to the main show. Also of note the official card still calls it Bliss vs everyone available meaning we might be in for some returns/surprises.

Barring any surprise kick off matches it also means that hopefully Aries/Neville is going to have even more time as there is no other match scheduled for the first hour of the pre show.

Also given that the full card lists the pre show matches in the correct order and lists the triple threat tag title match as the first main show match (which was basically what everyone predicted) this could be the official match order... meaning that Wyatt/Orton might actually be your Wrestlemania actual Main Event...

Tagyhag

Adam Blampied from WhatCulture brought a really good reason as to why Miz and Maryse will probably win at Wrestlemania.

This is pretty much capping off the Total Divas season, and they'll use the other women watching the match and Nikki being incredibly dismayed at her losing her last match (Probably from a dirty win) as an emotional setup. Then, have John go on one knee behind her and "surprise" her to have a feelgood moment and a perfect way to end that season.

Adam Blampied from WhatCulture brought a really good reason as to why Miz and Maryse will probably win at Wrestlemania.

This is pretty much capping off the Total Divas season, and they'll use the other women watching the match and Nikki being incredibly dismayed at her losing her last match (Probably from a dirty win) as an emotional setup. Then, have John go on one knee behind her and "surprise" her to have a feelgood moment and a perfect way to end that season.

I would cry tears of joy if Miz and Maryse won at WM, esp cause I've totally written it off as a possibility.

RE: Roman and heelness etc. Having come back into Wrestling around WM last year, I actually don't feel super strongly about him one way or the other. He's mostly fine in the ring (I think his gear fucking sucks and his superman punch is poop to me, esp with AJ's phenomenal forearm), and I don't even think he's terrible on the mic. My problem is that the booking seemingly slides him into every major angle, even if it doesn't make sense for him to be there. It's like the people backstage can't help but try and slip him into scenarios that he doesn't need to be in.

The most recent example that I can remember is when they decided to have The Club have handicap matches with him, because why not. Then The Club gets their asses kicked, and nobody comes out of it looking any better. Roman doesn't have more heat, people just get annoyed with his booking. Or at least I do.

Having him be THE GUY doesn't make him boo. Turn him into a real, genuine piece of shit (the Undertaker promos are getting very close), and he could be a fantastic heel worth booing cause it's fun. This Undertake match at WM is the absolute perfect opportunity for this.

Tagyhag

After that last Triple HHH interview, I don't know if Roman is turning.

Of course, that could just be Trips working us.

Edit: That statue looks more like Piper than Ric.

Dazzler

Wasn't Flair quite jacked before his plane crash?

Also, would mark out an insane amount if we got one last biker Taker appearance on Sunday

Sheroking

We all know how Lesnar/Goldberg's gonna go, right? Goldberg will immediately hit a spear and a jackhammer, Lesnar will kick out and recover, there will be a lot of striking and at like 8 minutes, Lesnar will hit an F5 for the 3 count.

Honestly, I'm most interested in whether or not Angle/Hardy's appear at Wrestlemania or the RAW after.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom