• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 33 Week |OT| The Ride Never Ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRenoRaven

God this match between Kingston and Tremont is fun as hell. It's falls count anywhere. We've had doors, spike, and there is blood. Joey Janela's Spring Break is pretty awesome so far. Damn fun hardcore match.

Well I guess I should've waited until a new page to update my post, guess I'll just add it to this one.

When he first started in 1972/1973 this is what he looked like.
ab1df8ce655df407fac26bc01bb564f1.jpg

planecrash6.jpg
After he bleached his hair and IIRC before the plane crash in October 1975.

Ric in 1980:

I'm an animal.

I'm very thankful we didn't have smart phones, internet and everything back in Ric's day, just imagine all the stuff we would've seen. Hell, I'm glad at least smart phones weren't around back in 2002 and the "plane ride from hell" happened.

ReiGun

Gonna cross post my predictions from the Wrasslegaf thread.

1.) Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Becky Lynch vs. Natalya vs. Mickie James vs. Carmella (with James Ellsworth) vs. Naomi
Want: Naomi
Probably: Bliss

2.) Neville (c) vs. Austin Aries
Want: Aries
Probably: Aries

3.) 2017 André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal: Braun Strowman
Want: Mojo Rawley (the reactions would be hilarious) or Sami Zayn
Probably: BRAUNNNNNN

4.) Bray Wyatt (c) vs. Randy Orton
Want: Bray
Probably: Randy

5.) Goldberg (c) vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman)
Want: who gives a shit?
Probably: Brock

6.) The Undertaker vs. Roman Reigns
Want: Reigns (again, hilarious reactions)
Probably: Taker

7.) Seth Rollins vs. Triple H
Want: Seth
Probably: Seth

8.) Shane McMahon vs. AJ Styles
Want: Styles
Probably: Styles

9.) Bayley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax
Want: Sasha
Probably: Sasha (heel turn doesn't work if she doesn't steal the title)

10.) Chris Jericho (c) vs. Kevin Owens
Want: Jericho
Probably: KO

11.) John Cena and Nikki Bella vs. The Miz and Maryse
Want: Miz and Maryse (cause they deserve something, damn it!)
Probably: Cena and Nikki (Super Cena and Wonder Nikki losing a midcard feud @ Mania? LOLOLOLOLOL)

12.) Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Baron Corbin
Want: Corbin
Probably: Ambrose

13.) Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson (c) vs. Enzo Amore and Big Cass vs. Cesaro and Sheamus
Want: Enzo and Cass
Probably: Enzo and Cass

NXT Takeover Bonus Round:

1.) Bobby Roode (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura
Want: Bobby
Probably: Bobby

2.) Asuka (c) vs. Ember Moon
Want: Asuka (Long may she reign)
Probably: Ember Moon

3.) The Authors of Pain (Akam and Rezar) (c) (with Paul Ellering) vs. #DIY (Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa) vs. The Revival (Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder)
Want: #DIY
Probably: AoP

4.) Aleister Black vs. Andrade Almas
Want: don't really care
Probably: Aleister Black

5.) Tye Dillinger, Roderick Strong, No Way Jose, and Ruby Riot vs. SAnitY (Eric Young, Killian Dain, Alexander Wolfe, and Nikki Cross)
Want: Team Tye
Probably: SAnitY

DKehoe

Let's not imply Cornette is going to do anything other than go out and give a nice speech about the Rock N Roll Express.

He respects those guys too much to make it about himself in any way.

Cornette also isn't going to badmouth anyone that's giving him money. The most we will probably get is a "well who'd have thought it? I guess hell froze over!" type comment.

It probably wasn't him making the decision directly but if it was then it's such a power play from Vince. This guy spends years talking shit about you so just hand him some money and now he's yours.

Any time I check back here, it's people complaining about Roman at some point within the last day.

God, yes.

If this guy is actually boring and makes people turn off TVs like dudes keep saying, why are they consistently showing up to boo as loud as possible? That's what you do to over heels! Be silent if he sucks!

Oh hi JBL.

I'm gonna give my predictions.

Bill Goldberg vs Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship.

This match. In 2017. Lesnar's to win, and I'm curious to see how long this match goes. Goldberg's claiming he's saving his bumps but the guy gets gassed from one minute of activity so I'm just going to assume he'll take a few suplexes, kick out of a couple of F5's, lie on the floor for five minutes before finally being taken down. Brock goes on to have a lengthy reign until Summerslam when da Demon King dethrones him.

The Undertaker vs Roman Reigns.

WWE are going to roll out Taker for more matches. If he can. I think Taker will win, but I wouldn't be shocked if Roman gets the win. I hope this match is good but with Taker it's hard to tell given Taker has pulled the 'has a shitty match where everyone thinks he needs to retire ASAP only for him to have a great match afterwards' card a few times. Roman should turn heel from losing and getting so frustrated he beats the shit out of Taker.

Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship.

I want Bray to keep the belt but a win from Randy seems obvious, especially since this comes off like Vince's thank you for getting Brock elbow the shit out of his forehead. This feud has been fun, since I like the shitty supernatural aspects of it. Bray's entrances should be amazing this year, especially with the dark instead of the light like with 31. Sister Abigail to be reincarnated into Summer Rae who does a run in to hit her finisher on Randy to help Bray get the pin.

Bayley vs Charlotte vs Sasha Banks vs Nia Jax in a Elimination Match for the Raw Women's Championship.

Charlotte's out first, then Nia from Sasha and Bayley working together to take her out. Sasha immediately slaps the Banks Statement on Bayley who taps. Bayley goes all 'ah shucks Sasha' and tries to hug her only for Sasha to attack her and turn her. They feud until Summerslam for the two year anniversary of the Brooklyn match and Charlotte goes onto an Emma feud hopefully.

Enzo and Cass vs Gallows and Anderson vs Sheamus and Cesaro in a ladder match for the Raw Tag Team Championship.

Get any of these guys an official tag team name already. Enzo and Cass will win. Before that they'll cut a five minute promo that is shit because having to write new material for these guys constantly every week means there's more misses then hits. Enzo will probably die from a spot, Cass will probably just hit people with ladders and not much else until the finish.

Seth Rollins vs Triple H.

I can easily see this match sucking. Seth post-injury has been lacking a bit in the ring, not to mention he's gonna be fresh off his second knee injury. Triple H will probably just work the knee over and over. But fuckery will go on so I applaud that happily. I can't wait to see Triple H lose to the worst pedigree I've ever seen.

Dean Ambrose vs Baron Corbin for the Intercontiental Championship.

Why is this match on the main card? This isn't a knock to the guys but this feud has barely been built up. They didn't have a segment at all on the go home show yet they spent a fair third of the show building up the pre show stuff. The feud in total has maybe been built up in about twenty minutes worth of segments. I would have thought this was guaranteed a gimmick from the forklift shit but nope. Corbin gets the win, holds the belt for a month or two, drops it to win the MITB.

AJ Styles vs Shane McMahon.

THIS IS AN ACTUAL WRESTLING MATCH! NO GIMMICKS! Punches and grapples and shit. With Shane McMahon. Why? Why, why, why, why? I mean, Shane will still jump off something but I don't wanna see Shane McMahon legitimately wrestle. Also I expect the crowd to be firmly on AJ's side during it.

Becky Lynch vs Naomi vs Alexa Bliss vs Mickie James vs Carmella vs Natalya in a Six Pack Challenge for the Smackdown Women's Championship.

Smackdown constantly involving all the women is slowly becoming a bad thing. It's cool at first but I don't care to see all these women shoved together in multimen matches. One or two feuds are fine. I think Mickie gets the win. I hope SD get some good call ups because while the writing is usually good, there's only been a few decent matches compared to Raw's women having bad writing but very good matches.

Nikki Bella and John Cena vs The Miz and Maryse.

As a Total Divas mark who has had to watch season and season of Nikki Bella's depression over her lack of a marriage, I will be the Macho Kid crying if Cena goes down on one knee. Also seeing people get worked into finding this feud a shoot has been great. I wish we got to hear Pourquoi since that was a great theme for Maryse. But I think the likely overexaggerated red carpet entrance she and Miz will have will also be great.

Austin Aries vs Neville for the Cruiserweight Championship.

I want Neville to win since I like Neville a bunch and I don't really get the appeal much of Austin Aries. But he'll get the belt, and after he and Neville have their rematch clause, I can see maybe Tozawa getting a title shot next.

Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho for the United States Championship.

Jericho seems to be leaving for Fozzy stuff after so KO gets the win.

Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal. Winner: Sami Zayn.

He wins by eliminating Braun Strowman. Seems like a simple, but good story given the two had feuded before.

Aiii

So not worth it
Below is the line-up for tonight's ceremony:

* Kurt Angle, inducted by John Cena

* Diamond Dallas Page, inducted by Eric Bischoff

* Beth Phoenix, inducted by Natalya

* The Rock 'n' Roll Express, inducted by Jim Cornette

* Teddy Long, inducted by JBL and Ron Simmons

* Rick Rude, posthumously inducted by Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat

* Eric LeGrand receives the Warrior Award, presented by Dana Warrior

Any updated pics of the stadium? Want to see how the Ultimate Thrill Ride set is progressing

Also, in for the glorious boos when Roman wins. It's the closest we're going to get to trash being thrown in the ring in 2017

It's this mentality that keeps Roman Reigns being pushed. Boos and cheers are the same to WWE, as long as it's a huge reaction. If you really want something to change, you should hope the crowd is just silent, not that they boo.

Hogan Tweeted last week that he has no plans for Mania.

He's been mentioned more and more on WWE TV, Meltzer said it was only a matter of time before he returned, and he's going to be in Orlando the day of the show doing an autograph signing at his new beach shop, which is about 15 minutes away from Camping World Stadium.

It's happening, brother.

Dazzler

It's this mentality that keeps Roman Reigns being pushed. Boos and cheers are the same to WWE, as long as it's a huge reaction. If you really want something to change, you should hope the crowd is just silent, not that they boo.

I mean I'd like to see the fans turn their back on him en masse during one of his promos, but considering crowds are still doing WHAT chants in the year of our lord 2017, that's a bit much to ask for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom