• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WSJ: Trump's new strategy is to suppress the Clinton vote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

Well, it does seem the only chance he has to win.

Is he winning any demographics that Romney won 4 years ago? He knows his core base is all he's got, and trying to turn off Clinton seems the only play he has left. The problem of course is that he's hitting Clinton with most of the same crap she's been hit with for 2 decades.

He is in fact losing several demographics that Romney won, so he has even less.

This guy is ruining the political process and may even cause people to get fatigued because he can't just take an L.

What a disgrace. I'm voting, and so is everyone else I know.

JZA

So do I have to wear a Trump shirt just to feel safe at the polls while I go and cast a ballot for Hillary?

Given how many people are willing to believe Clinton is a liar, murderer, evil, corrupt, and thief on all sides of the equation then maybe it's not so bad an idea. I'm sure the media will help as well with their "impartial" reporting on every claim he makes where they don't just call it out as bullshit from the start.

No, hoping the other team doesn't show up is always an objectively awful plan.

Oh man, some of you just cannot get over the fact that Donald Trump isn't some unbeatable demigod or some shit. This strategy is horrible, and the best it's going to do is energize his own base who need no energizing, or piss off the opposition with more bullshit and make them come out even more against you. There's like...no good side to this idea at all.

ezrarh

When you go after an enemy, you don't just announce your plan for everybody to see. If he had done a sneak voter suppression, he could easily win in November.

When you go after an enemy, you don't just announce your plan for everybody to see. If he had done a sneak voter suppression, he could easily win in November.

It's not so easy to enact mass voter suppression so quickly though right?

I mean I know about the voter supression bills Republicans have been pushing for years now, but I have to think it wouldn't be so easy to whip a bunch of those up in a few weeks. To say nothing of passing them in enough battlegrounds to matter. And it wouldn't exactly be stealthy anyway.

So how would he do it? Simply bashing her can only get him so far with voters outside his own base.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The really scary part is reading that the last debate actually helped him. Really?

It helped him in that Republicans quit calling for him to drop out, lol.
It did not help him in any other way.

Pretty much every rally now they are telling their supporters to go to other communities and watch the polls.

They are pushing the voter intimidation hard.

Yoda

40% of the country doesn't vote, but voter registration isn't up in a significant fashion anywhere. The MSM over-reacted to the story (lets not pretend anyone didn't think Trump already was like that), but Trump is in-turn over-reacting himself. If he waited a week he'd be back @ to being 4-5 points behind and have a feasibly (albeit small) chance of winning.

ArjanN

Oh man, some of you just cannot get over the fact that Donald Trump isn't some unbeatable demigod or some shit. This strategy is horrible, and the best it's going to do is energize his own base who need no energizing, or piss off the opposition with more bullshit and make them come out even more against you. There's like...no good side to this idea at all.

Some of who? I haven't seen a single pro-Trump post in this thread so far.

Iksenpets

Banned
The Trump people understand liberals so poorly that their strategies to reduce turnout are going to have the opposite effect.

BriGuy

Trump is the unhinged, abusive ex-boyfriend of America, and if he can't have her, no one will.

He's not in this to win anymore, he's in it to delegitimize Hillary's presidency and I honestly won't be the least bit surprised if it ends in violence.

Amir0x

Banned
40% of the country doesn't vote, but voter registration isn't up in a significant fashion anywhere. The MSM over-reacted to the story (lets not pretend anyone didn't think Trump already was like that), but Trump is in-turn over-reacting himself. If he waited a week he'd be back @ to being 4-5 points behind and have a feasibly (albeit small) chance of winning.

How does the press overreact to a video of a major presidential candidate bragging about committing sexual assault? There is a way to overreact to the enormity of that fact?

Fracas

#fuckonami
That's the best path he can take. He gave up the moderate vote a long time ago. The only viable strategy is to bring Clinton along with him into the mud as deep as possible, then hope his impossibly dedicated base (read: racist whites) can turn out in higher numbers.

ezrarh

It's not so easy to enact mass voter suppression so quickly though right?

I mean I know about the voter supression bills Republicans have been pushing for years now, but I have to think it wouldn't be so easy to whip a bunch of those up in a few weeks. To say nothing of passing them in enough battlegrounds to matter. And it wouldn't exactly be stealthy anyway.

So how would he do it? Simply bashing her can only get him so far with voters outside his own base.

I was saying in jest. Was referring to his comment during the 2nd debate.

Some of who? I haven't seen a single pro-Trump post in this thread so far.

Not about being Pro-Trump, just this idea that this strategy is remotely viable and can work for Trump reeks from this idea that Trump can do anything to recover when he can't, especially not this shit.

Betty

Banned
So...there's 0% chance he can win, right?

There's always been an uneasiness among sceptics like myself that maybe he'll surge or just happen to outdo Clinton, but it hasn't happened, he's doing worse than Romney among whites 4 years ago and he has far less support from women.

The tape hurt him bad.

wildfire

Banned
That isn't a winning strategy, what the hell are they thinking?

Trump's already lost the RNC. More tapes about Trump will come out. He does have a rabid fan base who now feel empowered to get physical (though that's mostly in the South and West).

It is his best play now even though it is the dumbest move to make.

His feifdom is finished once a riot breaks out at these voting locations.

He needs to survive until the election, otherwise the RNC will replace him. After he gets his ass kicked he can fuck off to the deepest pits of hell for all I care.

It doesn't matter, even if they replace him, whoever would get destroyed probably even worse than Trump is on track to.

Trump's already lost the RNC. More tapes about Trump will come out. He does have a rabid fan base who now feel empowered to get physical (though that's mostly in the South and West).

It is his best play now even though it is the dumbest move to make.

His feifdom is finished once a riot breaks out at these voting locations.

Yeah, that's not going to happen. And that's not really what's being talked about, honestly.

Nobody wants to vote for a loser. Trump is just making himself look more like a loser. Signs are already starting to appear that he'll lose North Carolina. Let's hope this desperate attempt just depresses Republican turnout even more.

Oh man, there's not going to be any mass rioting on election day lol. At most a few fights will break out, but I doubt we'll even see a lot of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom