• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC12 Thread of iOS 6, Mac OS X Mountain Lion and iCloud

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I'm honestly not sure if I'll bite on new hardware or not. My wife will kill me if I somehow talk myself into getting an iMac.

"Where would we put it?!"
"You're just going to play Diablo III all the time and neglect our marriage!"
"Diablo III is going to make you fall off your diet and slow down exercising!"
"We're trying to save for a new house!"
"We're trying to save for our kid that we're trying to make!"
"You don't need it!"

...those are all entirely valid reasons why I shouldn't get an iMac...and yet, I still may. What a shitty husband...

What's the under and over on how long into the keynote it takes before we get some one posting in this thread that doesn't understand that this is a developer conference and starts ranting (probably in all caps) about how boring this all is.

"Quit showing apps! I want the new iPhone!"
"Why are they spending so much time on OSX?"
"What? No new iPods today?"

etc., etc.

Phoenix

Other than hype is there really a reason for taking the store down?

Product launches, new ads, new focal points to whatever they are about to start pushing next. While the approach is outta the 90s, Apple's "Store Down" is the markets signal that they are about to sell something new so:

"Get your wallets ready..."

Cheebo

Banned
What's the under and over on how long into the keynote it takes before we get some one posting in this thread that doesn't understand that this is a developer conference and starts ranting (probably in all caps) about how boring this all is.

etc., etc.
There will be at minimum 5 posts proclaiming disappointment at the lack of iPhone 5 despite the fact it was never expected to be there or out till the fall.

Phoenix

etc., etc.

I'm going to go with 15 minutes in.

KingKong

I wonder why they don't stream the event live. Maybe their server can't handle how many people would be trying to watch

eznark

Banned
I'm honestly not sure if I'll bite on new hardware or not. My wife will kill me if I somehow talk myself into getting an iMac.

"You don't need it!"

...those are all entirely valid reasons why I shouldn't get an iMac...and yet, I still may. What a shitty husband...

On the plus side when your wife leaves you you'll have plenty of time for Diablo III on your new iMac.

SeanR1221

"You don't need it!"

My fiancé told me building a pc would be stupid and we should get another iMac whenever ours goes.

Mines 4 years old so I figure another two years is good.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
There will be at minimum 5 posts proclaiming disappointment at the lack of iPhone 5 despite the fact it was never expected to be there or out till the fall.

followed by another 5 posts of people proclaiming they just bought a new MacBook Pro yesterday.

Pctx

Banned
*But, but... I just bought a new Macbook Pro yesterday....*
* Can I return it and upgrade?*
* What options are there for me to get the best deal on a Macbook Pro even though I just bought one?*
* Wait, they just announced new hardware today?*
and last but not least....

* FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU I just hit day 15 of my new Macbook Pro, why didn't they tell me!?!!?!? :( :( :( *

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I plan to buy my first Mac sometime early next year, so I am very curious what happens here. Also curious for iOS6 for my iPad and iPhone 5 this fall.

Cheebo

Banned
Who would spend over 1k on something without doing any research? Any google search on MacBooks in the last month will come back with hits about the impending refresh this week.

Sailor

Do you guys think that MicroCenter will be having a deal on the MacBooks like they did last year? Really want a new one but not at $1,300 :(

Pachimari

Really want new apple tv updates

Dream for a spotify type service from iTunes match

Now that you mention Spotify, give me a Spotify app for Apple TV.

Oh sweet. Allow for a Plex app and I will buy an AppleTV in a heart beat. It's the last thing making the Roku a better option for me.
Now that you mention this, I want this more.

Same. Really hope they bring facetime to Apple TV. My parents would absolutely love that.
I guess we're talking about the actual TV and not the box here?

eznark

Banned
iOS 6 preview. OS X Mountain Lion release date. New Macs. The wild card is a new Apple TV OS update and SDK.

Oh sweet. Allow for a Plex app and I will buy an AppleTV in a heart beat. It's the last thing making the Roku a better option for me.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Any chance Mountain Lion could be given a fast release date as a big bomb at the show? Like ML will be available as an upgrade next week or something?

PS: #1 hope is they show greater differentiation between iPad and iPhone iOS wise.

Any chance Mountain Lion could be given a fast release date as a big bomb at the show? Like ML will be available as an upgrade next week or something?

PS: #1 hope is they show greater differentiation between iPad and iPhone iOS wise.

Only if they want to upset a lot of developers :p

KingKong

well they won't release new macbooks without Mountain Lion, and it's been in beta long enough, so yeah sure, end of June?

iOS 6 preview. OS X Mountain Lion release date. New Macs. The wild card is a new Apple TV OS update and SDK.

My friend who works for the business team in the NYC store on w.14th says that new laptops are definite and new Apple TV for developers is almost certain.

Take it with a grain of salt. Their employees are known for not being in the know.

Sanjuro

The Apple TV in it's current state is terrible. I find myself having to stretch to make it sound interesting. However, if they execute the AirPlay properly in Mountain Lion, would be a fantastic feature.

Probably not. An Apple OS without the "i" can hardly ever be a big bomb. I'm excited for the final release though.

Top Bottom