• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K16 |OT| 3:16 is not the metacritic score

Hasney

How? How can they step-back from last year WTF
giphy.gif

It seems to have less stories, but stretched out over a full career of however many years. Considering some of the hall of fame goals are job for 3 years or win 12 Wrestlemanias in a row and never lose one before that means I'd estimate about 200 hours to get into the hall of fame with not much happening.

It's also broken as fuck in some places. So Mizdow attacked me during the build to Wrestlemania and locked us in a feud. Because this was the second week, it wouldn't happen until after WM so whatever. Hilariously bad Wrestlemania card too.

Then the second week of April, I have a match against Sin Cara where I attack him before the match in a cutscene. Then I have another match with Sin Cara and I beat him down after the match in a cutscene. Then a match against Kalisto with Sin Cara in his corner and Kalisto in mine where Seth Rollins came out from the back to come out and celebrate with me despite being ringside the whole time. At Extreme Rules, we faced the Lucha Dragons. This was the blow off match to my rivalry with Damien Sandow.

Bonus breaking gif:

Jj3j3Ki.gif

krpiper

Weird question but is there generic Jumbotron walk up videos?

It bothered me that last years always had some wrestlers name with the video

Also if I had some Best Buy gift cards is it worth $40?

Hasney

Weird question but is there generic Jumbotron walk up videos?

It bothered me that last years always had some wrestlers name with the video

Also if I had some Best Buy gift cards is it worth $40?

If you're gonna play with friends, I could see it being worth $40. The single player modes are worthless though.

No generic titantrons again. I just use Hollywood Rocks.

TheJerit

Grew up a wrestling fan and watched till around the mid 2000s. Used to love wrestling games like wrestlemainia2000 and the like. Haven't played many since. Been getting the itch lately to play again, but something definitely more updated. I'm really thinking about clicking the buy button in the psn store. Really like that there is so many wrestlers, especially older ones. Do you think I should get it??? Would definitely be interested in trying online multiplayer eventually.

Hasney

Grew up a wrestling fan and watched till around the mid 2000s. Used to love wrestling games like wrestlemainia2000 and the like. Haven't played many since. Been getting the itch lately to play again, but something definitely more updated. I'm really thinking about clicking the buy button in the psn store. Really like that there is so many wrestlers, especially older ones. Do you think I should get it??? Would definitely be interested in trying online multiplayer eventually.

Online right now is awful. It usually is, but there's more desyncs than usual right now (where the match on both consoles is completely different). Other than local multiplayer, everything is pretty awful.

Hasney

My order is to win without hitting level 2 stamina. The cutscene before the match started Mr at level 2 stamina.

Getting asked about the authority every week now. I think it's when you change relationship.

Also, despite joining the authority twice and never leaving either time, the authority have had no interaction with me.

TheJerit

Online right now is awful. It usually is, but there's more desyncs than usual right now (where the match on both consoles is completely different). Other than local multiplayer, everything is pretty awful.

Thanks for the heads up. Local multi for sure. For PS4, the choices are pretty slim. From what I've seen, this one is the best out of the bunch (not that that's saying a whole lot), right?

My order is to win without hitting level 2 stamina. The cutscene before the match started Mr at level 2 stamina.

Getting asked about the authority every week now. I think it's when you change relationship.

Also, despite joining the authority twice and never leaving either time, the authority have had no interaction with me.

I miss the simpler days where you could beat your rival senseless at a contract signing at the cost of losing out on a title shot. Or shit-talking William Regal backstage and getting punched in the face as a result.

Hasney

Thanks for the heads up. Local multi for sure. For PS4, the choices are pretty slim. From what I've seen, this one is the best out of the bunch (not that that's saying a whole lot), right?

If you've got a last gen console still hooked up, have a look at one of those as they're quicker, so the gameplay is personal preference.

ecurbj

These games used to have good story modes that were so fun years and years ago. Remember when they had writers come in and create unique storylines just for the game? Now they are lazy as fuck and just recreate history.
This is what I'm talking about. I don't understand why they don't go back to the roots of those years to deliver a great story mode like all those older SmackDown titles on the PS2? Those are classics. I remember the story mode on SmackDown 2 for the PS1 was endless and it could go on and on. And you would unlock characters, move sets, etc.

This is what I'm talking about. I don't understand why they don't go back to the roots of those years to deliver a great story mode like all those older SmackDown titles on the PS2? Those are classics. I remember the story mode on SmackDown 2 for the PS1 was endless and it could go on and on. And you would unlock characters, move sets, etc.

Just add that to all the other good things they've taken out like backstage fighting.

Zach

What's stopping WWE from having my boy Tony Schiavone come in and do commentary for the WCW matches? They could do him and JR and that would kind of make sense, as they called a few matches together. Or why not Schiavone and new Hall of Famer Larry Zbyskzo? It'd be great to have the variety and I remember Schiavone did some great commentary for some really crappy PS1 WCW game.

Hasney

When getting in a rivalry against someone not in a tag team in the tag team championship path, they are just tagging with Finn Balor. All three of them.

These games used to have good story modes that were so fun years and years ago. Remember when they had writers come in and create unique storylines just for the game? Now they are lazy as fuck and just recreate history.
They can't even put together good storylines for their actual tv shows, bruv.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Does anyone know when the companion app is out?

I'm wondering this as well. It said it was supposed to release Oct. 27 and clearly people are uploading pics, but the app isn't on iOS.

shanafan

Helpful tip on submissions. In MyCareer mode, there is a tutorial on submissions and you must complete it before moving on.

It can help provide many consistent tries at it for practice.

Well, until you complete it that is.

Hasney

I'm wondering this as well. It said it was supposed to release Oct. 27 and clearly people are uploading pics, but the app isn't on iOS.

You can upload from PC

Helpful tip on submissions. In MyCareer mode, there is a tutorial on submissions and you must complete it before moving on.

It can help provide many consistent tries at it for practice.

Well, until you complete it that is.

Doesn't stop it being dull unfortunately

TheBear

I can never trust reviews for these games. IGN gave it an 8.8. I never usually give a shit about reviews but this series has been fucking terrible which makes me really curious. So have they just hit of the park this time or is it the same old shit?

Hasney

I can never trust reviews for these games. IGN gave it an 8.8. I never usually give a shit about reviews but this series has been fucking terrible which makes me really curious. So have they just hit of the park this time or is it the same old shit?

Same old shit. Career and Showcase are worse than last year.

Haven't purchase a WWE game in quite some time...so I'm actually really enjoying this game. Digging the slow pace, impact of the moves, limited reversals, and general flow of the matches. I consider myself to be pretty picky about wrestling games too. Last wrestling game I truly enjoyed before this was Fire Pro Returns (still need to play KOC2).

However, one thing that really pisses me off is that they still haven't figured out how to make jackets work w/championship titles. I updated Finn w/his leather jacket and now there's clipping out the ass w/the title and the jacket. What year are we in again?

atomsk

Party Pooper

You can still do it the same way as last year.

I'm doing that for everything but faces, in hopes that the app will be good for that. Maybe.
probably not

What's stopping WWE from having my boy Tony Schiavone come in and do commentary for the WCW matches? They could do him and JR and that would kind of make sense, as they called a few matches together. Or why not Schiavone and new Hall of Famer Larry Zbyskzo? It'd be great to have the variety and I remember Schiavone did some great commentary for some really crappy PS1 WCW game.

Schiavone really doesn't want anything to do with wrestling anymore and turns down pretty much everything he's offered. Only recently did WWE finally get him to come on to one of the Best of Nitro DVDs. He doesn't sound like he wants to come in and do VO for a video game.

Same old horrible stuff. It's actually worse now with the submission mini game.

All you gotta do is look at their glowing previews every year. They're full of shit, as usual.

I really wish in the era of kick starters syn sophia would try one, even like a million dollar one, for some 14.99 wrassler with mostly just great Creation tools would be sweet.

Are you guys actually seeing a benefit of the limited reversals? The CPU reverses shit anyway even with an empty bar. Their reversal bar also regenerates 2-3 times faster than yours anyway, atleast from what I've played on showcase mode. There is never a time they can't reverse something.

I've almost noticed that spazzibg out glitch and teleportation stuff already in the few matches I've had.

IconGrist

Are you guys actually seeing a benefit of the limited reversals? The CPU reverses shit anyway even with an empty bar. Their reversal bar also regenerates 2-3 times faster than yours anyway, atleast from what I've played on showcase mode. There is never a time they can't reverse something.

I've almost noticed that spazzibg out glitch and teleportation stuff already in the few matches I've had.

I just turned off the reversal limitation. The constant finisher kick outs bother me more.

I just turned off the reversal limitation. The constant finisher kick outs bother me more.

Yeah, what's up with the finisher kick outs? That's some bullshit too. I had Bret Hart all red, finally did all the tasks in the showcase mode to beat him, and the prick kicks out of a stunner. This is on easy by the way. The ai is total cheese in this game.

DJKhaled

Just got a refund from Microsoft, the game is just terrible and a broken buggy mess. Besides the creation stuff being back it's worse than last years game.

Man, I walked away from wrestling for a decade+ and I missed all the good WWE games. I picked up WWE 13 around the time I got back into the product, and to be honest I had a lot of fun with it, but it was janky as fuck and I'm not interested in that experience year after year.

Yuke's. Now. Forever.

Man, I walked away from wrestling for a decade+ and I missed all the good WWE games. I picked up WWE 13 around the time I got back into the product, and to be honest I had a lot of fun with it, but it was janky as fuck and I'm not interested in that experience year after year.

Yuke's. Now. Forever.

It's only gotten worse since 13. More bugs, more glitches, slower gameplay, more mini game meters for basic shit like pinning and the submition meter. Things aren't getting better in Yukes land.

DJKhaled

Also guys if you bought it digitally from Microsoft they will refund you very easily for this game. I got one after I told them in politer words that this game is a huge broken piece of shit.

Also guys if you bought it digitally from Microsoft they will refund you very easily for this game. I got one after I told them in politer words that this game is a huge broken piece of shit.

Lucky. You guys should write some bad reviews on metacritic to warn others against it. I think right now they have employees on there giving good reviews.

Top Bottom