• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K16 |OT| 3:16 is not the metacritic score

Dibils2k

i was ignoring this thinking it will be not much different but scores seem to be pretty good.. so whats the general consensus here? is it an actual good game?

Fuck off. Had an Authority objective to have a 3 star match with The Miz and lose. Got to 4 stars, Took my hands off the joypad to do his thing. he goes straight out the ring, grabs a bat and twats me with it to give me a DQ win.

Lol. I love how the CPU tries to fuck over your objective no matter what it might be. Hopefully my copy shows up today so I can indulge in the bad with the rest of you. Do you still have to hit your opponent with 5 finishers in a row to be able to keep them from catching you when you climb the cage?

adj_noun

Fuck off. Had an Authority objective to have a 3 star match with The Miz and lose. Got to 4 stars, Took my hands off the joypad to do his thing. he goes straight out the ring, grabs a bat and twats me with it to give me a DQ win.

Maaaaan, they gave me 5 stars with Batista and lose. He left the ring and got counted out on purpose.

I actually dig that heels act more like heels, but dangit!

You took your hands off the pad. Don't blame the game for taking advantage. Heels do what they do.

Also, that's current WWE booking. #accuratesim

IGN's review is up.

With the glitches, that's too high. I would give it a 7.5 to an 8. Game is legit fun for me so far.

Hasney

You took your hands off the pad. Don't blame the game for taking advantage. Heels do what they do.

Also, that's current WWE booking. #accuratesim

The one after that was win by DQ. After 30 minutes, Rusev refused to get a weapon even when I brought them in.

The one after that was win by DQ. After 30 minutes, Rusev refused to get a weapon even when I brought them in.

That's a pain in the ass because you need the AI to do something it may flake on. They should have left that out.

I would really like to see some of these concepts in Universe mode as well. I have been wanting an objective based Universe with star ranking forever.

Hasney

I don't know if this is a glitch or not, but in my current match with John Cena, he has no reversal meter and unlimited reversals... And he knows how to use them.

GeeTeeCee

This is the first wrestling game I've played in years. I'm enjoying it so far, but there's so many different mechanics for so many different stances/holds etc. My first match went so poorly I almost had The Rock losing to Bo Dallas.

Also, I find it odd that there's a big box marked "Gameplay Manual" in the options menu, but when you press it all it does it basically say "nah, no manual in here, try the website."

Hasney

The Cena thing was ridiculous. So I attacked him before his match. "You are now locked into a rivalry with John Cena".

Had a match with him the event after, had unlimited reversals so after my third reversed finisher, I thought fuck it, grabbed a chair and got DQ'd.

"Your relationship with John Cena has gotten better and you are no longer in a rivalry"

The Cena thing was ridiculous. So I attacked him before his match. "You are now locked into a rivalry with John Cena".

Had a match with him the event after, had unlimited reversals so after my third reversed finisher, I thought fuck it, grabbed a chair and got DQ'd.

"Your relationship with John Cena has gotten better and you are no longer in a rivalry"

That's a glitch.

adj_noun

Was it a PPV? That may have counted as the blow off match of the feud.

adj_noun

I'm laughing my ass off at these career stories. Please keep them coming.

I got Lana as my manager and she hates my freaking guts. Like, every other match or so she gets another "red" negative block on her relationship status. I actually think it's full now. No idea what that means; she hasn't dropped me or anything.

Yes, this happens when I win.

I suspect my wrestler may have personal hygiene issues.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Hahahaha im going to setup my career mode later

Btw what are the manager controls? I was begging Kofi to throw a chair in the ring for me but he laughed at me

He may hate your guts, but he'll respect the hell out of you.

Hasney

So after that Cena thing, I attacked Rusev. Thought maybe that Rank 4 wasn't good enough to go after the US champ even though it was enough in NXT. Fine, I attacked Rusev before his match in the Superstars of the second week of September. Rivalry locked in.

Since that point, every Smackdown and Superstars has had me tagging with Seth, so I'm thinking I'll just face him at Hell in a Cell or something.

NOPE. 6 man Hell in a Cell with Cena, Miz, Sandow, Cesaro and Axel. Title not on the line.

Won that and I'm tagging with Seth against Harper and Rowan. I am still in the Rusev rivalry this time though, so hopefully there's a payoff come survivor series.

He may hate your guts, but he'll respect the hell out of you.

Just imagining a promo where he's yelling "IT TOOK A LOT OF BALLS TO HIT ME WITH A CHAIR, KID"

Lashley

Guys, can you download CAWS as alternate attires?

Just seeing a ton of CAWS of Seth Rollins etc and they look the same as the regular, but why make em?

Lashley

Fucking hell man

I download a CAW then it just locks me in, I can't back out or anything but the game hasn't crashed

Also, WTF is this 20 CAW download limit bollocks?

Fuck off 2K and fuck off Yukes

Malcolm9

Fucking hell man

I download a CAW then it just locks me in, I can't back out or anything but the game hasn't crashed

Do you mean you can only download 20 at a time, or 20 altogether?

Demoskinos

Yooo this game is alright. Just did one of the special objective matches where you try to win as Bret Hart at Survivor Series 96' instead of Austin.

Maaaan we went back and forth. Twice Austin hit me with stunners and I was able to rope break and survive. That was a hell of a back and forth. He still beat me though. But still fun match.

Lashley

Do you mean you can only download 20 at a time, or 20 altogether?

Seems to be a countdown but it doesnt show for me

Seems you can't edit status effects either? Why have them in the edit superstar section of universe then??

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
WWE 2K16
All Versions
Think the Paige stunt last year was bad? 2K confirmed that NXT fan favorites and main attractions of the Divas Revolution Sasha Banks, Charlotte, Bayley and Becky Lynch would not be appearing in WWE 2K16, on-disc or as future DLC which pissed off a TON of fans. What's especially odd is that Sasha confirmed being scanned for the game on Twitter in February and Charlotte T-Shirts can be seen in the audience, indicating that they were at least planned to be included at some point. The fact that the likes of Eva Marie, who is probably the biggest scrappy in WWE today due to her severe lack of talent and a knack for botching even the simplest of moves, and Cameron who is similarly hated and rarely appears on TV anymore were some of the first divas to be confirmed for the game, only made people angrier. 2K and Yuke's haven't really explained why they weren't in, apart from contradicting stock excuses that barely acknowledged the question, so it is believed that they are being withheld on purpose in order to be a selling point for the next game.
Oh, and Paige somehow looks terrible this year despite being fine last year. Well done, 2K.
Sting's facepaint can be edited, but no one else's can.

Mike Tyson was important to the finish of WrestleMania 14, but they apparently didn't wanna pay him again. Solution? Make a CAW that looks more like Danny Basham than anyone else, just stick him in Tyson's place, and have the announcers vaguely call him "The Enforcer".

Using an alternate attire made in the Superstar Studio will cause the character to turn invisible during winning scenes.

TV tropes.

Fucking hell man

You can download at total of 20 CAW/Arenas/Movelists/etc (that is cumulative not each) in 24 hour period. It is best if you search around and do all 20 at once because say if you download 10 things at 3 PM and another 10 things at 11 PM you will have TWO reset times, 10 at 3 PM and 10 at 11PM the next day.

Nexas

Does anyone know which superstars I need to beat or buy the move sets for the Rainmaker and Boma Ye in mycareer? I found both moves (under different names of course), but they are both locked and say I need to win a rivalry with specific superstar or purchase them.

Hasney

So Rusev finally had another match booked, so I attacked him again and it looks like it's working now since I'm no longer just having tag matches with Seth. Got a fatal 4 way with Dolph, Rusev and Cena on Smackdown.

Thinking about what happened the same show I attacked Rusev, Cesaro attacked me like he was starting a rivalry. I think it fucked up the booking logic.

I hadn't gotten anyone into that new knockout state yet. Steiner Screwdriver to Ziggler on a chair changed that.

Hasney

Think I may have actually found something positive in career!

Seth has been feuding with one of the Usos completely independently from me. I've tagged with them against him a couple of times while I was trying to do the Rusev feud and decided to be in his corner for his match against him at HIAC. Now the Rusev thing is coming along, I'm booked in a 6 man that makes sense. Me, Seth and Ryder V Rusev, Uso and Rowan. I'm going to assume Zack and Rowan are feuding or something.

Every match I've had since week 2 of November has involved Rusev in some way, but there's been no cutscenes or anything.

Hasney

zOKgrM3.gif

Hasney

Take back my previous good will, it may be coincidence I was booked with Rusev. Tagged with Seth again a couple of times, then beat Cena on Superstars. Then got Cena at Survivor Series.... Non title. Rusev MIA.

EDIT: Got a cutscene with Rusev goddamn finally Smackdown after Survivor Series. Same ones as I did against Tyler and Sami

klonere

Banned
Do tag matches still last forever because the ref starts his count incredibly slowly letting someone always break up the pin (including your OWN partner)?

Hasney

Yup, this Rusev rivalry is the same as the other 2 ones I picked out for myself. Staredown after his match from the stage. Have a match. Have a match where the ref gets knocked down at the start. Next Smackdown will probably have the other ref bump scene before finally, a brawl on the ramp.

Do tag matches still last forever because the ref starts his count incredibly slowly letting someone always break up the pin (including your OWN partner)?

Other than targeting AI, it is a lot better. Your partner and the opponents partner will quite often get into brawls outside of the ring after both entering in the ring to break up something, leaving you free to get a pin.

Top Bottom