• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K16 |OT| 3:16 is not the metacritic score

DryvBy

[cross post]

Yukes!!!

ZxKSL2w.gif

Z0JmLiG.gif

lol too funny

Any other developer would be eaten alive if the released the same garbage on a yearly basis with the same bugs year after year with them never being fixed. Somehow the games media doesn't give a shit about wrestling though and continually gives Yukes good reviews.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
How do I interfere in matches in Universe Mode?

Don't say they've removed this too for fucks sake

Zach

Unfortunately nothing will change as long as people keep buying the game.

On the bright side I have started communication with SynSophia(AKI) about creating a new wrestling game with kickstarter and they will get back to me within 5 days.

Huzzah!

Oh, and I Redboxed the game. I was like "maybe it won't be so bad" after initially being wooed by some included music ("Satan's Sister" for example) and wrasslers. But then the more I played it, the more I saw the flaws. Not just flaws, crazy glitches. I know these games are notorious for glitches, but I didn't think it would happen in my limited time playing it... but then, you know, during one of my Bret Hart 2K Showcase matches, Stone Cold was standing outside the ring the whole time while Bret wrestled and jawed with himself for the minute-or-two-long intro sequence. Incredible.

But really, everywhere you look, something is shoddily done. It's a poorly made game. I play Madden with my bro and that series gets some grief, too (as it should), but these WWE games takes the crap cake.

I'm stuck on the initial screen with Austin and the 2K16 logo while the jukebox cycles through my playlist. So something is loading, but I can't get past this screen.

Anyone have any suggestions?? I've tried removing the disc, checking for updates, etc and I'm still sitting here staring at that screen after every attempt. It just stops there...

Lashley

I fucking hate the submission system.

Took me 30 submission holds before Layla tapped out. It's so fiddly ffs. The guy who created it couldn't even use it on stream the useless ball bag.

Hasney

I'm stuck on the initial screen with Austin and the 2K16 logo while the jukebox cycles through my playlist. So something is loading, but I can't get past this screen.

Anyone have any suggestions?? I've tried removing the disc, checking for updates, etc and I'm still sitting here staring at that screen after every attempt. It just stops there...

Disconnect from PSN?

I too am having problems accessing the game right now. Ps4, digital. I disconnected from PSN, reset the application, it told me I need to connect to access online features, and then went back to not loading the menu.

Edit: Disconnected from the Internet to get it to work, weird.

Demoskinos

I too am having problems accessing the game right now. Ps4, digital. I disconnected from PSN, reset the application, it told me I need to connect to access online features, and then went back to not loading the menu.

Edit: Disconnected from the Internet to get it to work, weird.

Its the 2K servers. So when you boot the game up it tries to endlessly ping the servers and never loads the menu. Starting in offline mode allows you to bypass the server check.

Lashley

Ah cool

How are people getting finishers in breakouts? Is it only available in normal and not universe? when I do it I dont get a finisher

I fucking hate the submission system.

Took me 30 submission holds before Layla tapped out. It's so fiddly ffs. The guy who created it couldn't even use it on stream the useless ball bag.

That was the most hilarious shit. Created the complicated pain in the ass system, but couldn't even use it.

Lashley

And you cant interfere in a match anymore?

Why do they keep removing features for fucks sake man

Ultratech

Any other developer would be eaten alive if the released the same garbage on a yearly basis with the same bugs year after year with them never being fixed. Somehow the games media doesn't give a shit about wrestling though and continually gives Yukes good reviews.

Doesn't EA kinda do this with Madden? Somehow they're still pumping out those games...

(Though my familiarity with this is mostly through Breaking Madden in which the bugs lead to all sorts of crazy shit.)

Though this looks to be a completely different beast thus far.

I bought the accelerator and now the game is stuck on the title screen. Restart my system and everything and it's still stuck. Redownloading it now and it might take the entire day to do that. If it still gets stuck then it's safe to say this is the single worst game purchase I've ever made. Ever.

GravyButt

I bought the accelerator and now the game is stuck on the title screen. Restart my system and everything and it's still stuck. Redownloading it now and it might take the entire day to do that. If it still gets stuck then it's safe to say this is the single worst game purchase I've ever made. Ever.
2k servers are down. Got to go into offline mode to play.

Doesn't EA kinda do this with Madden? Somehow they're still pumping out those games...

(Though my familiarity with this is mostly through Breaking Madden in which the bugs lead to all sorts of crazy shit.)

Though this looks to be a completely different beast thus far.

I haven't really kept up with Madden, but aren't the bugs fixed on a yearly basis or atleast every other year? Also aren't the presentation, graphics, and sound effects pretty realistic compared to real life? Unlike a certain developer that should be renamed Pukes.

Lashley

Cena attacks me in a tag match and leaves me stranded as orton. I win 2 v 1 , after the match it says orton left and has made him heel

for fucks sake

Spaghetti

looking forward to seeing this rodeo of pain and bugs continuing until the end of civilisation itself.

yukes will outlast us all.

Ultratech

I haven't really kept up with Madden, but aren't the bugs fixed on a yearly basis or atleast every other year? Also aren't the presentation, graphics, and sound effects pretty realistic compared to real life? Unlike a certain developer that should be renamed Pukes.

Er...yes and no.

Like in Breaking Madden, the author will tinker with the game settings and after a while, the AI starts doing weird shit. (Like standing in one place, weird animations, or just straight-up freaking out)
Game just seems to break at some point though. Like if you try to run up the score to ludicrous levels (like 400+), the game eventually stops keeping track altogether (or it locks up).

And it occasionally gives us gems like this:

Though WWE 2K16 is almost a different beast unto itself from all the stuff seen so far.

(Yukes is pretty damn awful, I'll agree with you on that)

The very little i've seen from the gore and perkins channel makes it look like shit, but the pin system doesn't seem too bad (Although I haven't played it)

The very little i've seen from the gore and perkins channel makes it look like shit, but the pin system doesn't seem too bad (Although I haven't played it)

Overall the flow of matches is better than 2K15 because of the new pin system. I've had tons of ultra last second 2 counts and it's great.

However there just isn't enough to justify buying this game when I can just keep playing 2K15.

adj_noun

Oh man, the Authority goals. They really didn't think some of these things through.

I mean, have extra optional goals to go for in a match? Neat idea! Especially to work in little scenarios that may otherwise never happen.

But "Get hit by a foreign object?" How is that a goal? You can't control that. "Win with your body in the red." I mean, I guess that's more doable, but why focus on body injuries instead of your health bar (or whatever)?

And if you end up in a storyline when your match auto ends in a cutscene, you auto fail the Authority goal too.

Top Bottom