• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K16 |OT| 3:16 is not the metacritic score

Demoskinos

So here is my attempt at Hatsune Miku with the rather limited selection of clothes for the ladies. Should have known they would half-ass their inclusion this year. Anyways....

tda_x_dt_punk_miku_by_sailor_rice-d8ndup5.png

CSiUPSWXIAA-ouz.png

I'm not super great at using the face morphing but also I don't think that would help me much here as I'm trying to translate an anime character into a more realistic person.

So I watched the video, thinking there would be a voice over with tips..
So long as any part of your bar overlaps with any part of their's you are increasing the red circle. Even if it's just the ends of the bars. I think the problem a lot of people have is that they try to make the entire bar overlap. Then you scramble for the yellow dot when it appears to finish them off.

Guys should I buy this to pass time until BO3 and F4 come out, Or it ain't worth my 60?

I'm having a lot of fun.

It's a lot easier for me this time around as I mentioned earlier. In previous entries, I never was able to win with submissions or escape from basic submissions, but I've already won multiple matches with them and broken free from finishers. Was never able to do that before. I find it a lot easier than button mashing.

Kick out pin system is easier than ever. It's not rare to kick out before the one count after a finisher.

Limited reversals makes for a brilliant match pace. Lots of back and forth. It's nice when you catch the AI slipping. They've ran out of reversals and then you hit them with your signature + finisher.

Hasney

Its 2015 and some of those character models are absolutely laughable. Jericho and Flair are embarrassing.

They can't model anyone they can't scan. Modders on the PC did better jobs than in this game.

Or women. They can't do women either. I'm not playing this on Halloween with the lights out and have Renee Young's evil twin interview me.

EDIT quick example:

Batista original 2k15

9UolXrd.jpg

Batista PC Mod

Bpgs45G.jpg

Hasney

Was working this morning. It did go down for a brief second and then popped back up minutes later.

Last night UK time they were down at least an hour. If you were already in it was fine, but you had to disconnect from PSN to get past the title screen.

shanafan

Guys should I buy this to pass time until BO3 and F4 come out, Or it ain't worth my 60?

Such all different games. If you were deciding between Fallout 4 and Witcher 3, then it could be more comparable.

I am so burnt on open world games, I need a good break from them. FPS and WWE 2K series are my go to during this time. I am a lot of fun with 2K16, and I absolutely love the Create-a-Arena and Create-a-Show features. I am eager to jump into Universe mode once they patch the title defense bug.

Malcolm9

Having not bought a wrestling game in years I'm really tempted to pick this up.

Lack of content put me off last year's effort, but that looks to be remedied in this year's game.

shanafan

Having not bought a wrestling game in years I'm really tempted to pick this up.

Lack of content put me off last year's effort, but that looks to be remedied in this year's game.

In my opinion, give it a shot. Since you are tempted, wait and see how the Black Friday deals are. But honesty, it's a good game. If you are a wrestling fan, check it out.

God I hate the submission system in this! I feel like I'm constantly fighting to get my coloured section to go where I want it so I keep tapping out way too easily.

Hasney

Hopefully career mode gets better. NXT was kind of a drag.

Not really sure I'm seeing where the more content stuff is coming from unless career does end up getting better. There's less Showcase it feels, Universe is feeling very familar even with a new system and there's less options there until a patch at some point and so far career has been have some matches then talk to Renee Young's evil twin sister to change some bars.

If you're into your creation stuff, that's where your content is I suppose since they brought some stuff back.

Rent at best for now, don't go in blind at $60. It's going to be very polarising. I'm finding fights slightly worse with the limited reversal system which is easy to cheese, online is pretty busted as always with wonderful match desyncs and the one thing getting me through some of it at the moment is because I do like my trophies, and a few of them are even glitched.

EDIT: They also need to let the tracks in the game be used as entrance music. Rebel Yell is much better than Dark Super Hero.

Should give a shout out to the upgraded entrance creator though. 2 pyros per segment? I have the most expensive entrance of all time. Also, the fact CAW entrances don't have those annoying cuts to the crowd between segments is very welcome. Load times on entrances mean I can actually use them without pissing me off too, which is nice.

Malcolm9

In my opinion, give it a shot. Since you are tempted, wait and see how the Black Friday deals are. But honesty, it's a good game. If you are a wrestling fan, check it out.

I think that's what I'll do, I don't need to pick it up yet and it will get discounted at some point.

Looks good though from what I've seen and read, it'll be a break from the usual games I've played recently.

Hopefully career mode gets better. NXT was kind of a drag.

Not really sure I'm seeing where the more content stuff is coming from unless career does end up getting better. There's less Showcase it feels, Universe is feeling very familar even with a new system and there's less options there until a patch at some point and so far career has been have some matches then talk to Renee Young's evil twin sister to change some bars.

If you're into your creation stuff, that's where your content is I suppose since they brought some stuff back.

Rent at best for now, don't go in blind at $60. It's going to be very polarising. I'm finding fights slightly worse with the limited reversal system which is easy to cheese, online is pretty busted as always with wonderful match desyncs and the one thing getting me through some of it at the moment is because I do like my trophies, and a few of them are even glitched.

EDIT: They also need to let the tracks in the game be used as entrance music. Rebel Yell is much better than Dark Super Hero.

Should give a shout out to the upgraded entrance creator though. 2 pyros per segment? I have the most expensive entrance of all time. Also, the fact CAW entrances don't have those annoying cuts to the crowd between segments is very welcome. Load times on entrances mean I can actually use them without pissing me off too, which is nice.

MyCareer has to be somewhat better than last year. I couldn't finish last year's. It was so boring. I made it to Smackdown and gave up.

I will give it a try once Showcase is done.

Hasney

MyCareer has to be somewhat better than last year. I couldn't finish last year's. It was so boring. I made it to Smackdown and gave up.

I will give it a try once Showcase is done.

It looks like it might have a better long term structure with no "creative have nothing for you" bullshit, but I think the NXT part was better in 2k15. For this I had a feud with Tyler, which was alright. Bunch of create a story scenes so it felt like Universe mode centred around you. After that, I attacked Sami during his entrance to get in a rivalry with him (because apparently, you won't get a title shot unless you're their rival) then got the same scenes as I did with Tyler. I was heel the whole time, but some of the shit you say to Renee to change your personality are way too vague.

When I attacked Sami while he was champ and she asked me if this was a rivalry starting. Two options were saying yes like "I can beat him" and "I need to prove I'm the best" and the other two were blowing him off. Because I was worried about blowing him off would stop a rivalry from happening, I picked that I could beat him. Face turn. All I did on the road to the title was heel promos, kept getting Egotistical and Disrespectful up... No turn.

Last thing I did last night was win the NXT title which allowed me to go for the main roster. I changed to US title, which makes you drop the NXT belt immediately annoyingly and booked me on Smackdowns. When I did that too, it put me in a rivalry with a mystery person, so maybe business is about to pick up.

When you're not in a rivalry, attacking people before and during matches and having the freedom to do that is pretty cool.

adj_noun

Because I was worried about blowing him off would stop a rivalry from happening

It does. Both rivalries and allies (tag team partners) give you two "accept" and two "reject" options during the interview. You kinda have to figure this out as you go along though.

Hasney

It does. Both rivalries and allies (tag team partners) give you two "accept" and two "reject" options during the interview. You kinda have to figure this out as you go along though.

Ah damn, the other accept one sounded even more facey than the one I picked.

Hasney

So career got slightly interesting as Seth Rollins kept coming out for my matches and we became tag partners. However, it's now really pissing me off as when you're on the main roster, you have goals from the authority. Most of these are impossible early on since you need OMG skills which are fucking expensive and now I have to win with red arm health and I'm against the Big Show. Is he going to target the arms? I fucking doubt it.

After every single goddamn match too, I'm just getting the exact same question from Renee about the authority depending on if I did the authority goal (once I did!) or not. I'm also still face despite being aggressive, egotistical and disrespectful, praising the authority at every turn and tagging with Seth Rollins.

My mystery rival has yet to reveal himself.

Also, because I'm Cruiserweight, I can't buy the abilities, so I may not be able to get the trophy.

So career got slightly interesting as Seth Rollins kept coming out for my matches and we became tag partners. However, it's now really pissing me off as when you're on the main roster, you have goals from the authority. Most of these are impossible early on since you need OMG skills which are fucking expensive and now I have to win with red arm health and I'm against the Big Show. Is he going to target the arms? I fucking doubt it.

After every single goddamn match too, I'm just getting the exact same question from Renee about the authority depending on if I did the authority goal (once I did!) or not. I'm also still face despite being aggressive, egotistical and disrespectful, praising the authority at every turn and tagging with Seth Rollins.

My mystery rival has yet to reveal himself.

Actually, even the frustrating bits in your first paragraph have me sort of interested. I am not looking forward to being constantly asked the same questions by Zombie Renee though.

Hasney

"Triple H says he's disappointed at you, what would you say to that?"

I'm beginning to think on the face/heel side of things, you can't change once locked into a rivalry. What is cool is after Seth showed up a couple of times, I reacted as well as my opponent to make me think that he was my rival, we'll see what happens with that as he still might be and we may break up the team before we have a match. Hopefully these events are random and don't happen in order outside of your first feud so I'm not spoiling shit.

One thing that did make me laugh is one of the goals to get in the hall of fame is to lose every match for 3 straight years. You don't have to do all the goals, but I did laugh that you have the Koko B Ware objective.

EDIT: One thing I am finding funny in general is that Cole barely calls any moves as we all know. But he calls my finish the Steiner Screwdriver, even though in the move set it's called Suplex Piledriver and Steiner never used it in WWE. Of all the moves he calls, it's that one.

EDIT 2: Wooo, Renee didn't ask me about Triple H's disappointment this time!

EDIT 3: Fucks sake, my relationship with Seth is decreasing and because I'm locked in a rivalry, there's fuck all I can do. You can't interfere in matches when you're in one, so I can't help him out.

EDIT 4: Seth came out during my match, but looking scared. Ryback was chasing him. Kane rolled me up for a quick win in a cutscene. so I get a 0 star match.

That's what happens when you have a match with Kane... In 2015.

Cut a promo on Ryback. "Let's do this in the ring so I can wreck you" is El Gigante level bad promo.

AJ3fBhJ.jpg

Just your typical Superstars match. No biggie.

EDIT 389712897: Truth tagged Swagger in, he got in the ring. Now he's just looking at Truth and not moving. THANKS AI. I then taunted, which moves me across the ring and he got out of my way, then stayed in the same spot and continued staring.

Everytime they tag each other in, they just target who made the tag and try to hit them until I get involved. This is fucked.

shanafan

EDIT 4: Seth came out during my match, but looking scared. Ryback was chasing him. Kane rolled me up for a quick win in a cutscene. so I get a 0 star match.

I am liking how the Career mode sounds! So, a match had a cutscene of you losing and you couldn't do anything about?

adj_noun

I am liking how the Career mode sounds! So, a match had a cutscene of you losing and you couldn't do anything about?

Yeah, and you autofail your objective for the match(es).

For me, the guy who rolled me up during that scene was Triple H. In the interview afterwards I said I was going to go complain to Triple H. Pretty funny.

Hasney

Memorable moments points are broken. Some games I'll fly around the ring and get nothing. Last match, I got one for a stomp.

Ryback came out chasing Seth again, clotheslined me during my match so another 0 stars, can't get the objective and apparently I lost, not won by DQ.

Qks9G6F.jpg

I'm glad I made it up to him. Also, WHAT A MANEUVER

Nv8lpnF.gif

I wish people wouldn't buy this game
:/ Unfortunately being on all 4 consoles will still probably show them having improved sales like last year.

El_Cinefilo

I wish people wouldn't buy this game
:/ Unfortunately being on all 4 consoles will still probably show them having improved sales like last year.

Didn't you buy it already though? You're part of the problem, you need to be stronger!

I didn't buy last year for the first time since before Acclaim had the license. I'm now two years clean. Feels good.

Didn't you buy it already though? You're part of the problem, you need to be stronger!

I didn't buy last year for the first time since before Acclaim had the license. I'm now two years clean. Feels good.

Yeah I bought it(well I got it for free), but I suppose it counts towards their sold numbers. I've come to the realization that there will never be another developer with the WWE license besides Yukes on consoles. I just get mad seeing all these glitches and horrible gameplay stuff that gets posted and it makes me want to say something else bad about them.

Hasney

Fuck off. Had an Authority objective to have a 3 star match with The Miz and lose. Got to 4 stars, Took my hands off the joypad to do his thing. he goes straight out the ring, grabs a bat and twats me with it to give me a DQ win.

Top Bottom