• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K16 |OT| 3:16 is not the metacritic score

Hasney

Joined the authority officially after beating Rusev at TLC. Hopefully things get intersting now. Was laughing at the clapping noise HHH and Kane made was literally someone smacking the top of a mic.

Here's a PS4 Terminator code for anyone who wants it. North America only I think?

QBAQ-5KNB-GLGL

Thanks man, grabbed it. Got bought the digital deluxe edition the day after launch and apparently them spending $90 doesn't warrant them getting the Terminator.

Thanks again!

atomsk

Party Pooper
finally got some time to work on CAWs this morning... and the 2K servers are fucking garbage.

generate token -> Token invalid or expired
reboot game
generate token -> Problem communicating with server

The one time I managed to get in and working, uploaded 6 images... only one went through.

SjsUbnp.gif

dubq

Yeah I bought it(well I got it for free), but I suppose it counts towards their sold numbers. I've come to the realization that there will never be another developer with the WWE license besides Yukes on consoles. I just get mad seeing all these glitches and horrible gameplay stuff that gets posted and it makes me want to say something else bad about them.

Why get mad? There are more important things in life to spend your energy on.

Evil prevails when good men do nothing brah

Exactly. With the gaming media doing bullshit reviews saying stuff like the gameplay is excellence in execution, someone has to be here to warn people against the travesties of Yukes. If people don't buy the game they will be forced to change developers.

Hasney

Man, thank fuck for Remote Play when in a hotel. Just wish I had something better right now.

Feuding with Cena properly this time it seems after I bet him down before his match. No weird infinite reversal BS.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
WHAT THE FUCK MAN

I literally can't create anyone to start a MyCareer mode.

What a fucking mess.

EDIT: Bloody love it when the ref doesn't see their rope break

Had a match last 30 seconds as Paige pinned summer rae who had her hand on the rope but ref missed it, rivalry was meant to end at the PPV but has carried over another week.

Can anyone please answer the following questions regarding the PS3/360 version of the game?

Is the new submission system part of this version, or is the engine similar to that of 2k14?

Is face scanning in (I assume this is a current gen exclusive)?

I've read that custom entrance themes return, just want to confirm.

Can CAW save files be backed up on PSN+?

Has anyone experienced a crash while creating CAWs as some have described on current gen?

Thanks in advance!

Hasney

So after joining the authority, nothing happened with them. After winning the US Belt, the authority came out and I had the opportunity to join them.

I've played career for 25 hours and almost got through a year and its accelerated with less matches in NXT. Every single rivalry has played out exactly the same. Yet, if I want to make the hall of fame the goals are holding a belt for 365 days. Lose for 3 straight years, hold 10 championships. Win every Wrestlemania match you ever had, at least 12 years. There's sub goals as well but fuck off, not grinding that much to do the same shit every month.

Where did you get it from?

Dell.

Ok fuck this game. I'm in Steve Austin's second challenge against Bret Hart and this motherfucker is regenerating stamina 3 times faster than me, doing more damage with his moves than I am to him, and the limited reversals seem to mean nothing because he regenerates them so fast that he can pretty much reverse anything any way. I've tried beating him for like a hour.

Verendus

Banned
Had the chance to try this out finally.

A lot better than 2K15 in local multiplayer. I turned reversal limits turned off, since they're not good to have when playing with others. You can't exactly fight back in a handicap situation with them. The pin system has become too easy now, and requires less skill. It was perfect in 2K14, and needs to return to that format in my opinion. The submission system still sucks, just in a different way. And, no match customisation holds this game back from really being satisfying. It's still better than last year however, which was terrible in many ways.

At this stage, I'd honestly be fine with them just making the minor adjustments to the pin system so that it's like 2K14 again, and adding match customisation back in. I can then keep that game for several years. Local multiplayer is its own fun at the end of the day, which would allow for enough dynamic play.

So here's to 2K17. Another year of waiting to be disappointed once more, since I'm sure they won't add in match customisation, or if they do, it'll take another 1-2 years to really get it to where it needs to be.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Dell.

Ok fuck this game. I'm in Steve Austin's second challenge against Bret Hart and this motherfucker is regenerating stamina 3 times faster than me, doing more damage with his moves than I am to him, and the limited reversals seem to mean nothing because he regenerates them so fast that he can pretty much reverse anything any way. I've tried beating him for like a hour.
Sounds like somebody needs to get good :p

RhyDin

Dell.

This happened to me. Go back to the main screen of that particular mode (not main screen of main menu of game) and switch difficulty to easy.

On this difficulty, though, the game stops being fun when you realize all you have to do is clothesline someone and pick them up, then repeat over and over until your signature meter is full. There's also a movelist in the start menu, should you need it.

The excellent of execution

The best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be

Verendus

Banned
Baha, blasphemous! He's my favorite :/

Still haven't picked up the game, but loving reading these impressions!
As much as I hate a lot of decisions related to these games, they still remain the best games to play with others in local multiplayer. Other multiplayer games don't quite scratch the itch like these do. When there's a group of you, it's honestly a lot of fun. I don't even dare to think about them trying to make the base game genuinely good by improving physics, animations, graphics, better interaction with environment, and more variety within certain matches. I imagine my mind would probably explode.

I guess I just gotta continue to balee.

One day.

This happened to me. Go back to the main screen of that particular mode (not main screen of main menu of game) and switch difficulty to easy.

On this difficulty, though, the game stops being fun when you realize all you have to do is clothesline someone and pick them up, then repeat over and over until your signature meter is full. There's also a movelist in the start menu, should you need it.

Sounds like somebody needs to get good :p

Oh I'm about to get real good
on easy mode

Bobo, if that was me, I'd have buried Bret Hart in the middle of that ring like the piece of trash that he is.
This is about to be Bret Hart

M3oMjU6.gif

Put a s in front of hitman and that's what I think of him!

BEHOLD - THE CHAMPION OF THE WORLD!

And there's this terrifying sight.

Did not know the last gen version exist...

WTF the last gen version actually looks and plays much faster...

Last gen is probably running on the 2K14 engine, which like with 2K15, is a lot faster than 2K16.

I kinda prefer the lighting of last gen Taker's intro to current gen.

OK I found a steamboat match vs Stunning Steve and I just caught this asshole reversing my moves when he supposedly wasn't supposed to have any reversals. I switched to easy and its no help. Also those submission meters fill faster for the CPU.

shanafan

OK I found a steamboat match vs Stunning Steve and I just caught this asshole reversing my moves when he supposedly wasn't supposed to have any reversals. I switched to easy and its no help. Also those submission meters fill faster for the CPU.

Not sure what to tell you man, I just did that match and didn't have much trouble on normal. The submission mini-game is still hard to understand, but I'm working on it.

Side question.. Did WWE bring back JR to record the voiceover for Austin's Showcase?

Not sure what to tell you man, I just did that match and didn't have much trouble on normal. The submission mini-game is still hard to understand, but I'm working on it.

Side question.. Did WWE bring back JR to record the voiceover for Austin's Showcase?

OK I just beat him. It wasn't too hard when I cheese it back. Yeah they brought them back in. It's good and bad in some ways. Like the WCW matches have JR and Lawler commentary.

Thank God I beat the Survivor Series 96 match against Hart. Way too many match events in that one :/

That's the one I'm on:/ He just fucking beat me again on the last match event. It's hard enough to hit the stun gun because he reverses it every time, then you have to damage him inside the ring, do a qte, damage him outside the ring, and then pin him after a stunner. WTF?

The AI in this game just pisses me off so much. They seem to have unlimited reversals, their submission meters fill faster, their stamina fills faster, and they recover faster from holds. It's such garbage.

shanafan

Yeah, I still can't do a submission successfully. Playing on easy to test it, and I just can't get it right. I push left or right on the stick, and like hope for the best. I don't rotate it. I got a couple times when I overlap my opponents bar, but still can't do it.

This video helped a little.. but it's still really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqA3_f583Pc

Well, this post from the 2K forums say you must continually rotate.

UPDATE: I've figured out submissions. The problem was that I wasn't aware that submissions affected stamina. I did the submission match between Bret "Hitman" Hart and "Stone Cold" Steve Austin, making sure Bret had full stamina. When I got Bret's finisher available, I slapped on his Sharpshooter. Then, while holding the LT button for boost, I rotated the right analog stick repeatedly. IT NEVER STOPPED MOVING! The blue cursor switched directions, but I never stopped. I kept going until Austin tapped out.

Sometime later, I was playing MyCareer and got Kalisto to tap out to a random submission hold that wasn't a finisher, and he wasn't even out of health.

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?3511886-New-Submission-system-is-terrible

Oh fuck off Bret Hart! I finally did everything I could, got to the final task of doing a charged finisher and pinning Bret Hart in the ring, and the asshole kicks out! Then he continually reverses everything for the next 6 minutes before hitting me with the sharpshooter. This is on easy by the way.

shanafan

Oh fuck off Bret Hart! I finally did everything I could, got to the final task of doing a charged finisher and pinning Bret Hart in the ring, and the asshole kicks out! Then he continually reverses everything for the next 6 minutes before hitting me with the sharpshooter. This is on easy by the way.

From what I have been reading in regards to submission, also is true to finishers. From what I read, just because you have the finisher, doesn't mean you need to use it right away. Stamina is key in this game. Best to use the finisher when you have higher stamina than your opponent.

That's what I read.

Wait until you get to the WM13 match against Hart. The list of shit you have to do triples.

Ouch.

From what I have been reading in regards to submission, also is true to finishers. From what I read, just because you have the finisher, doesn't mean you need to use it right away. Stamina is key in this game. Best to use the finisher when you have higher stamina than your opponent.

That's what I read.

I actually had one at the end of the match to hit him again, but the notification to be able to do one never showed up again. It was ridiculous. I had him in the needed spot to do another charged stunner, but the CPU wouldn't let me.

On a positive note I do like some of the new animations and that you actually show marks on your chest and head from hits.

Unfortunately the reversal system is still broken. Actually being able to use a reversal seems like pure luck. Timing is not consistent and also reversal prompts seem to pop up randomly and not always for every move.

Hasney

Career mode is in last chance saloon for me. Going to go after the tag titles (so drop the US belt... Goddamn it). You can't interfere against tag teams, so I can't make my own rivalries, so I'm leaving it at the mercy of the game to make things interesting.

Every feud I've made has been exactly the same as the default feud against Tyler Breeze at the start. It's still very much the "creative has nothing for you" simulator without the game explicitly saying it and if you don't have anything, you now have to do 9 matches with nothing happening for the month instead of one.

I was all for extending the mode, but fucking hell, have the content to back it up.

I should note as well that the only personality bar I've been able to influence so far are Aggresive, Egotistical and Disrespectful ones.

Sandow just attacked me before my match, he's in a tag team with Miz so let's see how this plays out.

'Now our guest here is only supposed to OFFICIATE the match. Of course, I'll only believe that when I see it.'

This is JR's 'putting those educated feet to good use' line to me.

AssassiN

got the wrong hit
Do you still have to make it to the main roster to be able to export your created character from mycareer? Or do you need to get into the hall of fame? Because I'm losing the will to love with the career mode!

Recharg3

Ok so I am in Career mode and am currently the #1 Contender for the NXT Title which is currently held by Kevin Owens so do I need to start a feud with him in order to go after the title or do I left the game set things up?

I have already done 2 rivalries against Breeze and Corbin and they were both the exact same which was rather disappointing so it adds a real repetitiveness to the game sadly :-(

Hasney

At Wrestlemania. Nothing happened with Sandow. I have Batista inside HIAC for some reason which is the main event. The only titles defended at Wrestlemania were the tag titles.

Do you still have to make it to the main roster to be able to export your created character from mycareer? Or do you need to get into the hall of fame? Because I'm losing the will to love with the career mode!

I don't see an export option, unless it's after you retire.

So how is Career mode?
Amazingly a step back from last year
Ok so I am in Career mode and am currently the #1 Contender for the NXT Title which is currently held by Kevin Owens so do I need to start a feud with him in order to go after the title or do I left the game set things up?

I have already done 2 rivalries against Breeze and Corbin and they were both the exact same which was rather disappointing so it adds a real repetitiveness to the game sadly :-(

Yup, you have to go beat him up before his match or the championship match never clicks. That feud will likely be the same again.
Soundtrack is surprisingly not ass this year.

Yup, plus you can put themes in the jukebox again, which helps for variety

Hasney

Wrestlemania goes off the air with former US and NXT champion Hasney celebrating on the stage after beating Batista.

The authority orders must be totally random. I was told to get a 5 star match against Batista on Superstars. 3 star for the main event of Wrestlemania.

Top Bottom