• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K16 |OT| 3:16 is not the metacritic score

Stat!

Picked up the game yesterday.

First time playing a wrestling game since day of reckoning 2 for the gamecube. Loving it so far! Is there a database online where I can check out CAWs?

Picked up the game yesterday.

First time playing a wrestling game since day of reckoning 2 for the gamecube. Loving it so far! Is there a database online where I can check out CAWs?

The game has a CAW database. You can download them directly.

I meant like is there a list of people who's creations are considered the best? Or just on the system?

Yeah, the 2k forums had a sticky thread that was trying to compile the best CAWS and creators. I still haven't gone through it yet but it looked promising.

When playing a private game with one friend online and playing a match with multiple slots like a 6 man tag is it possible to choose the CPU characters like in last years game? This thing was driving me nuts last night.

New update just dropped on PS4. Version 1.03, but I haven't found the Patch Notes yet.

Some articles from a few days ago said it adds a new entrance for Finn Balor, or just changes the existing one.. I'm not sure. It also fixes Tyler Breeze video during his entrance.

It's installing now so I'll post impressions.

Ryce

http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php...on-PS4-XB1-is-live!-Official-patch-notes-here

GAMEPLAY
• Stamina now regenerates during submission attempts. Balance improvements have also been made to the submission system in general.
• The player can now set double title matches for Diva Championships
• Improved the recovery time for a defender after performing a major reversal to better allow them to launch follow-up attacks
• Fixed several issues where an incorrect reversal move was being performed
• Addressed several warping and clipping issues that could occur on our around a ladder
• Fixed several warping issues that could occur with certain moves performed near or involving the ropes or other environmental objects
• Improved COM tag partner behavior when defending a pin against the illegal man in a tag team match
• Addressed an issue where Superstars/Divas could perform Signatures, Finishers, and OMG! moves without having sufficient stamina
• Addressed an issue where COM v. COM submission matches would not end within a reasonable time period
• The AI will no longer attack teammates in a one-on-three handicap match
• Addressed an issue where Hammerthrows couldn’t be performed during Hell in a Cell matches
• Fixed an issue where the referee would attack Superstars with foreign objects during a Last Man Standing match
• Addressed the inability to reverse certain OMG! moves
• Fixed an issue where improper strikes and grapples were performed against opponents selling from a double corner grapple
• Fixed an issue where the wrong move was performed when performing directional grapples against an opponent in the corner in a tag team match
• Addressed an issue that could occur with performing Double Team moves in tag team matches
• Superstars and Divas can no longer be placed against ring posts blocked by steel steps
• Fixed an issue where a grounded COM Superstar would flip unnaturally if grappled while turning
• Fixed an issue where a signature button prompt was appearing at an improper distance from the opponent
• Fixed a title stability issue that could occur during submission moves in multi-man matches
• Addressed an issue where a certain standing strike wasn’t consuming stamina properly
• Addressed a hang that could occur when playing with custom entrances in tag team matches
• Fixed an issue where Superstars were unable to kick out against a certain move combination
• Addressed issues where reversing moves against a grounded opponent weren’t triggering properly in certain positions
• Fixed an issue where the wrong animation reaction was triggered for certain moves
• Fixed multiple issues where COM opponents would repeatedly attempt to perform strikes or other moves outside the range at which they could connect with an opponent
• Addressed an animation defect that occurred when placing a Superstar into a seated top rope (front) position
• Fixed an issue where the Knock Out mini-game UI appeared too early in a Last Man Standing match
• Addressed an issue where a player couldn’t play as an assigned manager if skipping entrances at certain time intervals
• Fixed an issue where a COM player wouldn’t attempt to interrupt a pin by an opponent if the COM player had just performed a Finisher in a Triple Threat Match
• Fixed an issue where a player couldn’t perform the proper strike with a sledgehammer to break up a pin
• Characters now only consume one reversal slot when reversing a leverage pin
• COM players will now attempt to perform pin breaks on leverage pins in multi-man matches
• Fixed an issue where the grapple button wasn’t performing properly at ringside in TLC matches
• Addressed an issue where Kendo Stick strikes didn’t cause damage to an opponent recovering to their feet
• Addressed a warping and clipping issue that occurred when trying to ignite a table near other environmental objects
• Fixed clipping issues with the ropes when performing various running strikes toward opponents at ringside
• Fixed an issue where a Superstar could land outside the barricade when performing a diving attack
• Fixed an issue where front seated strong strikes couldn’t be performed properly
• Fixed a control issue that could occur when performing a submission move against an opponent during an entrance break out
• Fixed an issue where Andre the Giant could not climb down the cell in Hell in a Cell matches
• Addressed an issue where a Superstar wouldn’t recover to their feet normally after being Irish whipped into a ring post
• Fixed an exploit with the Heart Punch move
• Fixed an AI issue where John Cena would not perform follow-up actions after delivering a 5 Knuckle Shuffle signature move
• Addressed a clipping issue when performing a Corkscrew Legdrop OMG! move

• 2K Tonight now uses “Fair Fight” rules, meaning no customization allowed. Players can only prevail over the competition using default Superstars or Divas.
• The player can now manually select specific COM Superstars in private matches as intended
• Addressed online issues with transitioning to the next match after Team Up and WWE Live matches
• Addressed an issue where a character would appear to fall through the cell twice in Hell in a Cell matches
• Fixed a hands shaking issue that could occur during the grounded headlock position of chain wrestling

VISUAL PRESENTATION
• Addressed a collision issue that could occur with the referee when fixing a turnbuckle from a manager distraction
• Tyler Breeze’s Titantron movie now appears properly during his entrance
• Smoothed the camera transition during break outs/run-ins for JBL’s entrance
• Fixed several clipping and presentation issues that occurred when Superstars and Divas were propped against certain objects
• Triple H will now use a more appropriate entrance motion when wearing his No Way Out ’01 or Backlash ’01 attire
• Addressed various presentation issues related to the Wyatt Family’s entrance and victory scenes
• Fixed multiple issues where a Superstar could appear unnaturally suspended or standing in mid-air
• Addressed an issue where Roman Reigns would appear to float during his entrance in certain arenas
• Fixed an issue where Superstars didn’t appear when assigned The Vaudevillains tag team entrance
• Steels steps tossed into the ring near the end of an Iron Man match will no longer unnaturally fall from the air during victory scenes

WWE CREATIONS
• Addressed an issue where the “Opacity” option for marks and scars wasn’t functioning as expected
• Players can now change the face photo capture for downloaded characters
• Addressed a title stability issue that could occur when editing pyro in Advanced Entrance creation
• The first strike in a strike combo now appears correctly if set to mirror in Edit Move-set
• Addressed issue where hair was clipping through several hats in Superstar creation
• Addressed an issue where tops would appear improperly layered over other tops
• Improved visibility for multiple stage elements in Custom Arena Creation and disabled animation on stage panels when placing designs
• Distinguished sound effects for dying hair so that player will receive clearer feedback if they are attempting to dye a non-applicable area
• Addressed an issue that affected changing the color of a previously selected top
• Addressed an issue where logos didn’t appear properly for Custom Championships with only one side plate
• Fixed an issue that could occur with color options for Custom Championships after adjusting the material

2K SHOWCASE
• The Unlocked Item prompt no longer overlaps subtitles during cutscenes
• Fixed an issue where Mr. McMahon could get accidentally ejected in the Monday Night Raw 1998 match
• Addressed multiple issues with the appearance of the announce tables and commentators in the Backlash 1999

MyCAREER
• Fixed a framerate issue that occurred when performing a run-in on Tyler Breeze
• Addressed an issue where the player would overshoot an opponent during an entrance run-in if the opponent was already half-way to the ring

WWE UNIVERSE
• Fixed a title stability issue that could occur when trying to make edits with an insufficiently sized roster

MENU
• Custom Tag Team names now appear appropriately in Tournament match ups when selecting Superstars in the Tag Team Tournament match up screen and have display precedence over larger Custom Stable names featuring the same Superstars.
• Addressed an issue where Superstars were appearing in an improper order on loading screens for title matches with managers assigned

DLC
• Added support for the WWE 2K16 Legends Pack downloadable content ahead of release. Players who have not purchased the downloadable content will still be able to matchmake with and participate in matches against those who have the downloadable content installed.

I just wanted to post my surprise at the patch: God damn.

Fixed an AI issue where John Cena would not perform follow-up actions after delivering a 5 Knuckle Shuffle signature move
lmao

Addressed an issue where Roman Reigns would appear to float during his entrance in certain arenas
Glad they fixed this, though.

shanafan

"Balance improvements have also been made to the submission system in general."

It seems a lot easier to submit opponents now.

Great news. I didn't want to do Austin/Hart at WM13 because of the fear of not being able to do the submission move.. at least I think there would be one.

I could break out of submissions with ease before but was never able to make anyone submit. Curious to see if I have success now.

RhyDin

Realized something AWESOME today for people that play with a single friend on PS4. Get this;

I was toying with the share play quality settings and set both settings to the higher setting (out of the two choices), respectively. I invited my friend and we didn't think share play would work well.

It works AMAZING with this game. The streaming ability is somehow BETTER than the game's built-in netcode - granted, the recent patches probably fixed the reversal system. I will say that my PS4 is hardlined (network test for shareplay read "Good") and we live within ~2.5 miles of each other and are on the same ISP, so the amount of hops our packets have to do is probably minimal.

Unlike with regular online play, by making the game think you're playing locally, you get access to;
- Custom arenas
- Entrances (with run-ins)
- Replays (albeit silly, they can be turned off since it's a single player feature)
- Seamless load times, especially if the game is installed to the host's hard drive
- Commentary is synced
- Player 2 can control and choose options and match type at title screen in this game

I know there has to be more, what else am I missing?

Downsides:
- Shareplay only supports two players (host and client)
- You are still limited to the CAW's that only the host has and cannot download new CAW's or play online during shareplay (online functions on the game are disabled)
- He was unable to hear the entrance music, while I was. Why this is, I'm unsure - perhaps this is implemented intentionally for licensing reasons? I did have the title screen jukebox wrestler tunes disabled, so maybe that played into it, but I doubt it.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Either this game is super complicated or I suck. I used to love wrestling games, from the n64 games all the way up to HCTP.

I seriously can't do shit in this game, I keep getting mauled by the CPU and there's no MANUAL. When I click on MANUAL in the game it says go to some WEBSITE.

Either this game is super complicated or I suck. I used to love wrestling games, from the n64 games all the way up to HCTP.

I seriously can't do shit in this game, I keep getting mauled by the CPU and there's no MANUAL. When I click on MANUAL in the game it says go to some WEBSITE.

I tried last years version and it plays more like a crappy simulator.. timing on the reversals, kick outs, submissions, etc. I would have loved the game if it played like the older versions on the PS2.

eastx

My suggestions:
  1. Read the PDF manual at the website.
  2. Turn the CPU difficulty down to Easy, turn off CPU Reversals in the game settings. Also do this in the modes that have their own settings menus.
  3. Learn the basics in MyCareer mode.
But yeah, the game needs a proper tutorial for sure.

IMACOMPUTA

God i wish this game was 1/10 as cool as the CAW stuff.

Fucking garbage reversal-centric POS and you can't even reverse a reversal.

WWE 2k16 : R2 SIMULATOR

Does anybody know how to do the glitch for putting logos on people?

For example:

gvc0qwH.jpg

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I've also been searching and I believe its the wristband texture glitch. It's the same as on 2K15 but was patched. I don't know the exact methond but I've been searching around. Don't think its public in many places since they don't want 2K to patch it.

I found this Kane caw and someone gave him the dark eyes makeup from when he removed the mask. I wanna do the same for some others like HHH or HBK to give them a texture beards/stubble.

shanafan

Sigh, this game's submission system continues to be just garbage. I can never beat the computer when in a submission. It has come to a point when I just turn the game off because it's so ridiculous.

In my last match, I felt like the mechanic where I have to avoid the red bar from the computer was going on far beyond what was fair (which I was about maybe 8 seconds?) and I submitted.

Patch v1.04 is rolling out for PS4/X1. Notes from 2K Forums:

GAMEPLAY
• Fixed an issue where Superstars could incorrectly perform a grapple instead of a pin when pressing the pin button in a fatigued state
• Fixed an issue where OMG! moves were not requiring stamina in order to perform
• Addressed a warping issue that occurred when performing consecutive apron grapples from ringside
• Fixed a warping issue that could occur when attacking a Superstar on the apron that had ascended from the steel steps
• Fixed a warping issue that could occur to a Superstar climbing the top rope when an opponent simultaneously used a ring escape near that ring post
• Fixed an issue where the referee wouldn’t start a pin count if his pathing was blocked by an object like a table in the ring
• Addressed an issue where the Coup de Grace move didn’t animate and connect properly with the opponent
• Fixed an issue where a Superstar would perform a contextually inappropriate move against a grounded opponent after hitting them with a certain knee drop
• Addressed a title stability issue that could occur when using Stephanie McMahon’s Spinebuster 4 in a Triple Threat match
• Addressed a warping issue that could occur when colliding with Andre the Giant during an entrance breakout
• Increased the damage dealt by the Uso Splash 2 finisher
• Fixed an issue where COM superstars would begin charging a Finisher as an opponent was already standing
• Fixed a warping issue with managers after performing a pin break resulting in their ejection
• Fixed an issue where Custom Superstars could knock down opponents with a dropkick even though it appeared to miss
• Improved AI behavior in table matches when attempting to pick up a table
• Fixed a warping issue that occurred when rebounding off the ropes into the ropes near an adjacent corner
• Addressed a warping issue that could occur when attacking from the apron while the opponent is entering the ring
• Fixed a camera issue that could occur when jumping from atop a ladder onto a burning table in an Extreme Rules match
• Addressed an issue where no reversal prompt was shown for Naomi’s Rear View finisher
• Fixed warping and sliding issues that could occur when performing a grapple toward a manager
• Addressed a warping issue that could occur when transitioning to the Over the Top Rope elimination position in a Royal Rumble match

• Addressed a warping issue that could occur when being Irish whipped to the barricade in an online practice match
• Fixed an issues with Divas being able to leave the playable area during an Elimination Chamber pre-match in WWE Live
• Addressed an issue where the title would hang if both players were counted out in a One on One Main Event match in 2K Tonight
• Fixed a title stability issue that could occur in WWE Online when entering and backing out of Team Up matches multiple times in succession

VISUAL PRESENTATION
• Addressed deformation issues with a certain mask when applied to Custom Superstars
• Fixed an issue with floating Championships appearing in a certain entrance motion
• Fixed an issue with the replay cameras after an Elimination Chamber match
• Addressed an issue with the second Superstar not appearing in the victory scene of an Elimination Tag Team Match if he had been eliminated during the course of the match. Additionally, both Superstars will now appear in the victory scene when winning a Two on Two Steel Cage match
• Addressed vibration and collision issues with the ropes during rope recovery motions
• Fixed an issue with the color of facial hair when using the Luke Harper 1 entrance motion

WWE CREATIONS
• Added new entrance motions for Finn Bálor and Kevin Owens as well as new title motions for Dolph Ziggler and Kevin Owens.
• Added more colors that can be edited in Finn Balor’s body art
• Addressed a title stability issue when applying logos to Stephanie McMahon’s Backlash ’01 attire
• Addressed a layering issue with the bone necklace body accessory
• Fixed an issue where a mask could appear greatly enlarged when worn in combination with one of The Undertaker’s jackets
• Fixed a title stability issue when adding multiple logos to Goldust’s jacket
• Fixed a deformation issue that occurred when applying the skull mask to Divas

2K SHOWCASE
• Fixed an animation issue with The Undertaker’s pose when transitioning out of a cutscene in the SummerSlam 1998 match
• Fixed an issue where The Undertaker inaccurately entered wearing the World Heavyweight Championship in the Over the Edge 1998 match
• Addressed a warping issue that occurred when performing a Stunner against Dude Love to complete the final objective in the Unforgiven 1998 match
• Fixed an issue where the ring announcer wasn’t heard if skipping the initial intro scene in the WrestleMania 15 match

MyCAREER
• Adjusted the unlock conditions for the trophies/achievements “I am a Wrestling God” and “I am the Best!” so they could be respectively unlocked by Light Heavyweights, Cruiserweights, and Super Heavyweights if all the skills or abilities valid for their weight class are purchased. Users who already qualify for either trophy/achievement under the revised conditions will unlock it upon loading their MyCareer save file
• Fixed an issue where two managers returned to the match after a cutscene played in which they were shown to be ejected
• Fixed an issue where the AI wouldn’t capitalize on an attacking an opponent on the apron after putting them over the ropes during mid-match run-ins

MENU
• Fixed an issue where the “A.I.” button prompt to assign a COM opponent appeared in the lobby for a One on One private match

AUDIO
• Addressed issues with how custom tag team titles were announced when in entrance and victory scenes
• Fixed an issue where non-established tag teams were always referred to as “The Acolytes” in Tag Team Championship pre-match scenes
• Fixed an issue with the bell not ringing during a breakout when a Superstar bumps into the referee while he makes the motion to start the match

DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT
• Added support for the WWE 2K16 Future Stars Pack downloadable content ahead of release. Players who have not purchased the downloadable content will still be able to matchmake with and participate in matches against those who have the downloadable content installed.

It's great that they are doing all these fixes this year but they need to stick for 2k17. Lots of warping issues being patched.

Guess the next DLC is coming out next week.

Why is my created female doing a silly diva dance upon winning despite her personality being "aggressive" and the entrance being based on Kevin Owens?

Branson

I need to get back to this game. It's nice they are still doing fixes but I got way sidetracked from it. I got overwhelmed setting up universe and deciding what kind of show/wrestlers I wanted. I bought the season pass too damnit!

Hello!

I'm French-Canadian and i just did a video talking in english.... lol i would like the help of some english speaker ( From USA if possible xD ) to check if i'm "understandable".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhlPClAtVSA

It's Donald Trump entrance in WWE... with a viral song + my "reaction" lol.

If people understand me and get my jokes, i will keep it "on" lol.

eastx

Hello!

I'm French-Canadian and i just did a video talking in english.... lol i would like the help of some english speaker ( From USA if possible xD ) to check if i'm "understandable".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhlPClAtVSA

It's Donald Trump entrance in WWE... with a viral song + my "reaction" lol.

If people understand me and get my jokes, i will keep it "on" lol.

It's pretty difficult to understand due to thick accent, no offense. You might consider writing the script out and getting someone to proofread it and then read it out loud for you. You could then try to mimic the native speaker's pronunciation.

"Did I took LSD and I don't know?" should be "Did I take LSD and not know it?" or something similar.

Pretty cool video though!

It's pretty difficult to understand due to thick accent, no offense. You might consider writing the script out and getting someone to proofread it and then read it out loud for you. You could then try to mimic the native speaker's pronunciation.

"Did I took LSD and I don't know?" should be "Did I take LSD and not know it?" or something similar.

Pretty cool video though!

Thx for the feedback, i guessed it would be hard to understand. I will see the feedback of other people, but it's 0-1 for my english lol.

Thx for the response!

edit : 0-2 now :( xD haha ( from a other forum, and he wasnt a native-english, that's not going good)

Gurrry

My character Tornado Tom has been getting screwed by the authority. First a one on two tag match, then a one on three tag match... then I had to go against Brock on smackdown...

Luckily I beat the beast. I just need to get a rematch with Sheamus after what he did to me at Survivor Series.

shanafan

So, how come 2K16 doesn't have the nWo music? There is the team announce with their name, arena ribbon banner, etc - but no music. Copyright issue?

Top Bottom