• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K16 |OT| 3:16 is not the metacritic score

Striker

Has the online been fixed? I never bother with the online in these games because it's usually jank as fuck.
I haven't tried a lot, but I haven't been able to connect to anyone yet because it hasn't found games (I only tried 4-ways for now). I despise 2K's deal with background matchmaking. The lobbies were so much nicer.

Lrrr

I rented this. I'm enjoying the in-ring gameplay, but so many options and features are either gone or made more difficult than necessary. Seems the option to have a 4 and 6-man Elimination Battle Royals by pinfall only hasn't returned and First Blood win modifiers are also gone. Some of the design decisions in this are really baffling too. Why can't we fight in custom arenas in Exhibition without first assigning them in Universe?

Options and features that were in wrestling games a decade ago are missing here. There's some fun to be had for sure, but not at the price point they're selling it at and certainly not with an extra $25 for the season pass.

I rented this. I'm enjoying the in-ring gameplay, but so many options and features are either gone or made more difficult than necessary. Seems the option to have a 4 and 6-man Elimination Battle Royals by pinfall only hasn't returned and First Blood win modifiers are also gone. Some of the design decisions in this are really baffling too. Why can't we fight in custom arenas in Exhibition without first assigning them in Universe?

Options and features that were in wrestling games a decade ago are missing here. There's some fun to be had for sure, but not at the price point they're selling it at and certainly not with an extra $25 for the season pass.

The arena situation is particularly baffling. I download an arena and can't use it in exhibition because a Show hasn't been assigned to it. There's no logic explained behind that. I have stopped downloading arenas and just download shows (which usually include the arena) instead and that seems to solve the problem.

As for the rest, yeah they have take out a lot of match customization options that need to be brought back. The in ring gameplay is great IMO and I am having consistently good matches now. They need to take a year and just focus on presentation.

I saw a thread on the 2k boards about eliminating the Showcase and I really wouldn't mind it if development time was used to focus on improving other modes. Universe needs a huge overhaul. The only problem is that Showcase is a draw for a lot of people who just want to play through a storymode. It's fun but I don't really need it. I would much rather have those goal based matches in MyCareer and Universe. They could probably focus on better story telling in Universe as well.

Lrrr

The arena situation is particularly baffling. I download an arena and can't use it in exhibition because a Show hasn't been assigned to it. There's no logic explained behind that. I have stopped downloading arenas and just download shows (which usually include the arena) instead and that seems to solve the problem.

As for the rest, yeah they have take out a lot of match customization options that need to be brought back. The in ring gameplay is great IMO and I am having consistently good matches now. They need to take a year and just focus on presentation.

I saw a thread on the 2k boards about eliminating the Showcase and I really wouldn't mind it if development time was used to focus on improving other modes. Universe needs a huge overhaul. The only problem is that Showcase is a draw for a lot of people who just want to play through a storymode. It's fun but I don't really need it. I would much rather have those goal based matches in MyCareer and Universe. They could probably focus on better story telling in Universe as well.

I would like to know who from Yukes suggested that custom arenas should only be accessible via Universe and not in exhibition mode. Crazy.

I don't think the Showcase is going anywhere. That's really there big selling point now and it's funny, because at some point, if they haven't already, they're going to repeat a lot of matches since the wrestlers careers overlap. Eventually they may let it go if their MyCareer mode, and the money from its microtransactions, take off.

I would like to know who from Yukes suggested that custom arenas should only be accessible via Universe and not in exhibition mode. Crazy.

I don't think the Showcase is going anywhere. That's really there big selling point now and it's funny, because at some point, if they haven't already, they're going to repeat a lot of matches since the wrestlers careers overlap. Eventually they may let it go if their MyCareer mode, and the money from its microtransactions, take off.

You can play custom arenas in Exhibition mode, they just need to be attributed to a custom show.

But if I wanted to download, say 30 arenas, I'd have to add 30 custom shows to the Universe calendar, yes?

Yes. There is an option to download Custom Shows that already have custom arenas included. So you can find a Brooklyn NXT show and check to see if there is an arena included. Sometimes it's a bit of a pain to figure that out though. There is usually something in the comments, a tag or the preview reveals an arena is attached to the show.

It's a really roundabout way of doing things. They should have just had custom arenas/shows be one thing.

Demoskinos

I've played a few dozen matches up to like rank 18 or something online and most of them seemed playable. You can still tell there is lag in stuff like the submission and working hold min-games but I've been able to counter fairly reliably as well as kick out.

Lrrr

Yes. There is an option to download Custom Shows that already have custom arenas included. So you can find a Brooklyn NXT show and check to see if there is an arena included. Sometimes it's a bit of a pain to figure that out though. There is usually something in the comments, a tag or the preview reveals an arena is attached to the show.

It's a really roundabout way of doing things. They should have just had custom arenas/shows be one thing.

So in order to access custom arenas in exhibition mode, I'd have to screw up my universe calendar? That's crazy.

got the game as a gift.

local multi is a blast so far but have a few questions.

1) how do you execute instant eliminations in Royal rumble

2) how do you get ppl to bleed? have not been able to do it so far

3) is there a way to rotate face pics after downloading? my pics keep coming in landscape no matter how to rotate and edit before the upload

Lrrr

No. This has nothing to do with universe. Create a show is different from universe.

What I meant was, after downloading a created show, don't I have to add it to my calendar in universe in order to access its contents in other modes?

1) how do you execute instant eliminations in Royal rumble

You need to have a finisher stored (you can hold up to x3) . When your opponent is on the ropes, use it to instantly eliminate them. This is why you almost never see the A.I. perform a finishing move during the Rumble. They store them up and use them to throw everyone out.

Edit: Apparently, Rick Rude doing nothing in the chamber is more interesting than what's going on in the match, lol.

GlossyScarceDodo.gif

What I meant was, after downloading a created show, don't I have to add it to my calendar in universe in order to access its contents in other modes?

No. You don't. You should be able to hit L1 on the Select an Arena menu in exhibition and it should show up in your custom arena list.

HT UK

That trailer shows the Diving Corkscrew Moonsault being added. You mean to tell me they shipped the game with Neville in it, but didn't give him his finisher?

The Red Arrow is in the game already. That moonsault is different I think

That trailer shows the Diving Corkscrew Moonsault being added. You mean to tell me they shipped the game with Neville in it, but didn't give him his finisher?

*puts on wrestling nerd glasses*

Neville's finisher is a Diving Corkscrew Shooting Star Press.

So, wait, is Tyler Breeze's entrance broken in everyone's game or just mine? He has no Titantron or "ribbon" tron videos showing up at all.

Wow didn't realize they fucked up the announcetable. No you can't even place anybody on it or jump off it. The only way to interact with the announcetable is to store a special and only use your special. Boring. In 2K14 I would do all kinds of fun shit on and through the table.

Wow didn't realize they fucked up the announcetable. No you can't even place anybody on it or jump off it. The only way to interact with the announcetable is to store a special and only use your special. Boring. In 2K14 I would do all kinds of fun shit on and through the table.

Yeah, they changed that last year. It's annoying. Just let me climb up there and do shit on it.

Lrrr

Oh, so this why I couldn't put anyone on the table.

ngower

Just picked the game up today. Are there any guides out there for some gameplay tips? This game needs a tutorial or practice mode, I keep just destroying opponents but seemingly need to have basically killed them for a pin to get to three, while they can just bust out a finisher and I struggle to escape a submission or pin in time...it's kind of infuriating.

I regret having paid £16 on this yesterday. I didn't play 2k14 and it actually somehow feels worse to play than when THQ had the series. It's as though they tried to make things move simmy by simply slowing down the old action based mechanics and then made the controls far less intuitive.

Proc

I picked this up on sale and have spent a few hours with the Austin 316 story mode. I have to admit I'm enjoying it. Aside from some frustrating moments with Bret hart, I've loved the nostalgia it's hitting on. I'm getting used to the gameplay as time goes on. The grapple system is stil completely lost on me.

I echo the sentiments that this game needs a tutorial.

Just picked the game up today. Are there any guides out there for some gameplay tips? This game needs a tutorial or practice mode, I keep just destroying opponents but seemingly need to have basically killed them for a pin to get to three, while they can just bust out a finisher and I struggle to escape a submission or pin in time...it's kind of infuriating.

There are sliders to deal with some issues. Unfortunately they don't seem to apply to MyCareer.

Stuart444

I just bought this game digitally and doing some 1 on 1s while it downloads the rest of the game.

I hate the Mini-games like the pin one in these games. I always have more trouble trying to get out of pins with these "hit button at the right time" than with the old button mash your way out of it :/.

I just beat up Seth with Randy the whole match and literally one pin got me because I mistimed the presses. Bleh. :/

Just do what I have been doing with the recent games I guess, try not to get pinned at all.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Fuck how the CPU can jist reverse everything all the god damn time in career mode. Too fucking many bullshit reversals of my specials too, dumb ass shit. Its like every god damn time now!

eastx

Fuck how the CPU can jist reverse everything all the god damn time in career mode. Too fucking many bullshit reversals of my specials too, dumb ass shit. Its like every god damn time now!

Just turn CPU reversals down or off in settings then.

atomsk

Party Pooper

I turned off reversals because the CPU cheats and uses them when they don't have any.

Had a great moment yesterday where I beat The Rock even though his hand was on the rope, because the ref was out of position

Or at least that's what I'd like to believe (because sometimes this game is just broken) IF THE REF DIDN'T SEE IT, IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

I turned off reversals because the CPU cheats and uses them when they don't have any.

Had a great moment yesterday where I beat The Rock even though his hand was on the rope, because the ref was out of position

Or at least that's what I'd like to believe (because sometimes this game is just broken) IF THE REF DIDN'T SEE IT, IT DIDN'T HAPPEN

I have this happen all the time and the ref is usually out of position so I like to make myself believe it's actually something they planned for. Any time he's in position it gets called.

Top Bottom