• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K16 |OT| 3:16 is not the metacritic score

Branson

I'm really enjoying the more sim like gameplay of this one. It's not perfect of course but the animations are pretty fun to watch. It's cool the managers can actually distract you now. Doing a flying axe handle onto jimmy heart and having him flip around like a fish is pretty satisfying.

I kind of want the season pass now. And that's sad.

Still had online matches desync after the patch. I didnt see that mentioned as somethinh addressed in the parch notes but was hoping they fixed it.

Hopefully they can do something about it. The manual targeting is still unresponsive as well. Those are the only 2 issues i have left. The submission system is fine, people just need to take the time to understand how it works.

Can someone explain to me how the submission is suppose to work?

The player that locks in the submission has the red bar
Your job is to try to chase the blue bar and stay overtop of it for as long as you can
If you do a good job catching the blue bar the center circle portion of the meter will start to turn red
If the center circle goes completely red they will tapout

The player defending is the blue bar
Your job is to avoid the red bar
If u do a good job avoiding for long enough the submission will release

The key is thinking about the circle that you move the red and blue bars around like the face of a clock
If you press your right stick to the 6 o clock position your bar will start moving and eventually end up there
The geniuses at Yukes decided to not just let you rotate the bar the way you would logically expect it to move.
Once you accept this and understand how the movement works u will likely have more success

SHarris78

Can someone explain to me how the submission is suppose to work?

Not that i'm very good at it, but i'm having some success with the following (this is for when you're performing the submission) ......

When the circular min-game appears, give a little push (don't rotate) either left or right with the right stick to get the process started (for this example imagine we've pressed right), as your slider moves clockwise to the right, the cpu slider will move clockwise to the left. Now, before the cpu slider has a chance to stop, you briefly press left on the right stick, you should either begin to overlap the cpu slider or at least almost do so - at this stage its like a see-saw. The cpu will 'counter' you by moving its slider to the right, at which stage you do the same.

I'm not sure if i've explained it well, but its an odd system. Also, the sliders have momentum - if you push for too long in a direction, you tend to lose control and pretty much have no chance.

I played many iron man matches on easy against General Adnan until I figured out the above, by the end of my sessions I was able to submit him 6 times in one match! I had no success whatsoever before my marathon practice session, so as boring as it sounds it really is a case of playing match after match until it clicks, even then its still not a great system.

PS. The post above by TheVisualizer is helpful too.

Im new to the series and have a question about Universe mode. I created my own show and put all the guys I would like on the roster. However, none of my guys are appearing on the pay per views. Any way to fix this? Thank you.

Hasney

Wow, even post patch, the Power of the Punch leaves brass knucks floating in mid air.

Im new to the series and have a question about Universe mode. I created my own show and put all the guys I would like on the roster. However, none of my guys are appearing on the pay per views. Any way to fix this? Thank you.

You have to create PPVs for that brand, or add that roster to the PPV's roster.

Orca

My best glitch so far is pretty tame. Threw the opponent out of the ring and he got stuck targeting someone in the crowd, or thinking I was in the crowd maybe. He walked to the barrier and kept trying to punch and grab until the countout.

Anyone that cares for getting the trophies in the game they fixed a bunch of the glitched ones like "Gentlemen in the Ring" and the Big E Spear one. I got all of the trophies but 2k showcase and career. I also need superstar rank in online. Think I'm sitting at 47% right now

Why did they give us the worst version of Nash and not Big Daddy Cool Diesel? So many missing hair styles, attires and masks missing from the CAW. Instead we get 100 Austin vests. 2K14 was loaded with parts.

Here is what I would fix now

- Gameplay like HCTP
- Character uniqueness like HCTP (so many move sets are so off and make no sense)
-Bring back the weight detection from HCTP-07 or better yet make it like DoR which had the GOAT weight detection system. Andre and Big Show should be immune to puny punches from Xpac and Rey Mysterio.

Every iteration should just build upon the legends roster. No more taking out legends. There is no reason why the LoD, Foley etc appear one year and not the next. The NBA games are always loaded with legendary teams.

Hasney

Anyone that cares for getting the trophies in the game they fixed a bunch of the glitched ones like "Gentlemen in the Ring" and the Big E Spear one. I got all of the trophies but 2k showcase and career. I also need superstar rank in online. Think I'm sitting at 47% right now

Yeah, they work now. I've estimated 1,000 hours for the platinum though, career mode is a goddamn slog.

Why did they give us the worst version of Nash and not Big Daddy Cool Diesel? So many missing hair styles, attires and masks missing from the CAW. Instead we get 100 Austin vests. 2K14 was loaded with parts.

Here is what I would fix now

- Gameplay like HCTP
- Character uniqueness like HCTP (so many move sets are so off and make no sense)
-Bring back the weight detection from HCTP-07 or better yet make it like DoR which had the GOAT weight detection system. Andre and Big Show should be immune to puny punches from Xpac and Rey Mysterio.

Every iteration should just build upon the legends roster. No more taking out legends. There is no reason why the LoD, Foley etc appear one year and not the next. The NBA games are always loaded with legendary teams.

I would guess it's probably down to licensing and stuff. Though you'd think that legend contracts would minimize that.

With all the complaints about the submission system I'm baffled why they don't use DOR 2's submission system, especially with the stamina focus now.

Yeah, they work now. I've estimated 1,000 hours for the platinum though, career mode is a goddamn slog.

I heard its quick if you give them $9.99 for the my career pack. Bull shit. From what I'm gathering you have to get to around level 37 online for the superstar trophy

Hasney

I heard its quick if you give them $9.99 for the my career pack. Bull shit. From what I'm gathering you have to get to around level 37 online for the superstar trophy

Nah, I was including that lack in the estimation amazingly. The amount of VC and SP you earn is so slow, it makes buying everything far too long.

What the fuck? This game doesn't let you choose easy difficulty for career mode. The CPU kicks out of everything and continually reverses despite the fact they shouldn't have reversals

Oh FFS, seems they totally gave up on showcase at Mania 19. Both entrances are screwed, but the Rock's is totally mis timed. IT'S A CUTSCENE HOW YOU SCREW THAT UP

Oh FFS, seems they totally gave up on showcase at Mania 19. Both entrances are screwed, but the Rock's is totally mis timed. IT'S A CUTSCENE HOW YOU SCREW THAT UP

They gave up far earlier than that. Rock Bottom 1998, Undertaker comes to the ring with the wrong theme (Ministry instead of Dark Side). And Austin doesn't wear his vest to the ring for some reason.

Hasney

Won the IC belt and decided since it was Fastlane, I'd keep the belt until Mania before going for the WWE belt after and see if anything would happen this time.

Ziggler came out after my match week 3 and pointed at my belt. Week 4, Rollins came out and did the same thing, before hitting me with an enziguri and the curb stomp. Looks like we've got a multi man match at Mania.

Hasney

OK, this was actually pretty cool. Had a cutscene where I DDT'd Dolph then this came up

wcpuntg.jpg

EDIT: Then it fucked that all up after I lay down by making Sheamus the champ afterwards....

Demoskinos

The player that locks in the submission has the red bar
Your job is to try to chase the blue bar and stay overtop of it for as long as you can
If you do a good job catching the blue bar the center circle portion of the meter will start to turn red
If the center circle goes completely red they will tapout

The player defending is the blue bar
Your job is to avoid the red bar
If u do a good job avoiding for long enough the submission will release

The key is thinking about the circle that you move the red and blue bars around like the face of a clock
If you press your right stick to the 6 o clock position your bar will start moving and eventually end up there
The geniuses at Yukes decided to not just let you rotate the bar the way you would logically expect it to move.
Once you accept this and understand how the movement works u will likely have more success

The movement thing is why its so off putting. Its cumbersome to move. The mini-game itself I'm actually okay with but its a real pain to learn how to control it.

Malcolm9

At first I found the submission system a pain but it's actually pretty straight forward.

Rather than chasing the blue bar around I find alternating directions more successful, literally swinging back and forward and more often than not you'll touch the blue bar.

The more damage you do to the opponent the bigger their blue bar gets making it much easier.

Demoskinos

I just made a dude REAL mad online. Kept kicking out of his finishers and then got just enough momentum back to land a signature and finisher and take him out. Lmao.

Also, possibly looking for someone to do the "Team Up" match trophy with. Thinking about getting all the trophies.

I just made a dude REAL mad online. Kept kicking out of his finishers and then got just enough momentum back to land a signature and finisher and take him out. Lmao.

Also, possibly looking for someone to do the "Team Up" match trophy with. Thinking about getting all the trophies.

Let me know when, I already got it but I'm more than happy to help a fellow gaffer

Owen and Kurt not being in Austins showcase is a missed opportunity. More so with Kurt because he actually gets directly involved in one of the matches before it even starts.

Top Bottom