• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K16 |OT| 3:16 is not the metacritic score

q1tnwP2.jpg

No way to change difficulty in career mode right? Tyler Breeze just kicked out of two signature and finishing moves and then beat me. Cheap ass AI.

jon_dojah

Banned
Giant Bomb review 2/5.

http://www.giantbomb.com/reviews/wwe-2k16-review/1900-723/

Nice to see an honest review from someone e that actually understands wrestling games.

During their Extra Live stream Jeff criticized other gaming sites for giving the game glowing reviews. And now that Austin and Dirty Ryckert are part of the Giantbomb family we now have 4 bigtime wrestling and wrestling videogame fans on the team and they all agree with Alex's review and score. I wish all review sites were honest and credible as them.

Giant Bomb review 2/5.

Nice to see an honest review from someone e that actually understands wrestling games.

So reviews that you agree with are the honest ones. Got it.

I am thoroughly enjoying the game but completely acknowledge that it's a glitched mess.

I am going to pick up a copy of Here Come the Pain today or tomorrow. I played it at the time and thought it was good but I still don't understand why it's held in such high regard.

No way to change difficulty in career mode right? Tyler Breeze just kicked out of two signature and finishing moves and then beat me. Cheap ass AI.

I believe MyCareer has its own difficulty toggle. They need sliders for that mode specifically though.

So reviews that you agree with are the honest ones. Got it.

I am thoroughly enjoying the game but completely acknowledge that it's a glitched mess.

I am going to pick up a copy of Here Come the Pain today or tomorrow. I played it at the time and thought it was good but I still don't understand why it's held in such high regard.

I believe MyCareer has its own difficulty toggle. They need sliders for that mode specifically though.

It's actually a review that talks about the issues and glitches it has, instead of just sounding like a regurgitated press release.

Also there is no difficulty toggle for the career mode that can be changed. During a match you can pull up the options and see the difficulty, but it can't be changed.

It's glitchy, but I'm enjoying this one a lot more than last years...The story mode is fun; online is a better system too.

Is what it is, would I love an AKI engine? Or something more arcadey? Sure, but the sim aspects of this game are fun, and I love wrestling games.

It's actually a review that talks about the issues and glitches it has, instead of just sounding like a regurgitated press release.

Also there is no difficulty toggle for the career mode that can be changed. During a match you can pull up the options and see the difficulty, but it can't be changed.

It's not during a match. I know there are a few options that can be brought up on the character screen in MyCareer.

It's not during a match. I know there are a few options that can be brought up on the character screen in MyCareer.

If you can find where the difficulty can be changed in career mode let me know. I don't see the options in any settings. You would think the main difficulty setting would carry over to every mode from the main options screen, but Yukes.

If you can find where the difficulty can be changed in career mode let me know. I don't see the options in any settings. You would think the main difficulty setting would carry over to every mode from the main options screen, but Yukes.

I am liking the fact that everything has its own difficulty toggle. I just set the Showcase to Easy and ripped through it.

Giant Bomb review 2/5.

This review touches on a big problem I've had with the modern WWE games, in the sense that "simulation" based games feel like they limit the player to play the way the developers feel like you should play in order to somewhat resemble a WWE match. All surface stuff to distract from the rotten fruit underneath.

Branson

I dont agree with the score at all. I would probably give it a 7/10. Its not perfect of course. Still has the Yukes jank of course. But I'm really enjoying the actual gameplay aspect of it. Its weird to put so many hours into something, and really enjoying my time of it, and see scores like this. Kind of makes me feel like shit for liking it.

Like, my girlfriend and I sat down last night and we made her in the game. We had a blast laughing at making her self in the creation tools.

shanafan

WWE 2K16 will be $29.99 on Black Friday at Best Buy. Ad shows PS4 edition, so probably also true for Xbox One.

Not sure on PS3 or Xbox 360.

I dont agree with the score at all. I would probably give it a 7/10. Its not perfect of course. Still has the Yukes jank of course. But I'm really enjoying the actual gameplay aspect of it. Its weird to put so many hours into something, and really enjoying my time of it, and see scores like this. Kind of makes me feel like shit for liking it.

Like, my girlfriend and I sat down last night and we made her in the game. We had a blast laughing at making her self in the creation tools.

It's such a strange game to review. I can't blame people for shitting all over the glitches and technical issues. From the perspective, negative scores make a lot of sense. Yet, I am having a ton of fun with it and it might be one of my favourite wrestling games of all time (There goes all my credibility but I have played a lot of wrestling games). I get great matches out of it. There is definitely some tweeking to the game play that needs to be done. Too many kickouts after finishers has been the biggest problem but that may be a pacing issue as well and you need to know when to hit your finisher.

The music in this game is really, really good.

It's hilarious they blew all this money on music for the menus that you never hear anywhere else, but they didn't want to spend money to get Mike Tyson for Austin's showcase mode, which is the main selling point of this year's version.

It's hilarious they blew all this money on music for the menus that you never hear anywhere else, but they didn't want to spend money to get Mike Tyson for Austin's showcase mode, which is the main selling point of this year's version.

Yeah, it's kind of silly. They need extra entrance music for CAWs.

How good/bad are the creation modes in this compared to earlier games? I haven't played any of these since WWE 2011.

Create a Wrestler is pretty good this year. You can make some outrageous creations as well as some true to life ones as well. The face mapping using actual pictures can do great things when the person using it knows what they are doing.

Create an Arena is decent as well. You can incorporate real logos into events, which helps a lot. There are some new features this year that allow you to adjust some of the features of a stage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri6FDFDm3kk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zhPzqLVeOqw

We really need Next Gen VGCW. Too bad there is no create-a-story.

stn

Would anyone be willing to answer a few quick questions, please? I'm very much on the fence with this game. Would appreciate it. Thanks!

Would anyone be willing to answer a few quick questions, please? I'm very much on the fence with this game. Would appreciate it. Thanks!

Which questions? If you want the game you probably want to wait until Black Friday. Best Buy will have it for $24 if you have gcu.

Top Bottom