• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Fastlane 2016 |OT| Roundabout to Wrestlemania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's last year's card if you want to compare. There's a few similarities.

ri5qzdw.png

rip Feb PPV's

UberTag

Shame about all of the obvious outcomes. At least we can move past the false pretense of the WWE not pushing Roman Reigns to the moon again after tonight.

We've got a new episode of The Walking Dead to look forward to. So there's that.

hertog

One of the worst ppvs I've ever seen on paper. Hopefully it'll surprise me.

I know right. 2 diva matches, bunch of boring rematches, a predictable main event and a comedy segment.

I'll watch it for Brock, Styles and Owens. But that's it.
It's going to be background noise while I'm playing sfv.

hertog

Wyatts will win to look "credible"
So they can take out Lesnar in the main event.

Reigns pins Ambrose.

WM: HHH vs Reigns, Wyatt vs lesnar, Ambrose in Ic clusterfuck match that maybe will involve ladders.

Something is very, very wrong when all three guys in the main event have a "??????" as to why/how they're in the match. They're all faces, too! "Monster you all love because he murders everyone and got screwed last PPV" vs "most popular guy right now we screwed out of his title randomly" vs "guy we tell you is awesome and demand you love"? Eew. Reignswinslol.

Brie might win, with, say, some Flair interference backfiring. She'd vacate the title the next night, Bryan runs out for a "Yes!" chant, and set up the main event-tier triple threat match everyone wants to see at WM.

The Usos are going to crash the New Day segment and get jeered hard.

I'd prefer to be wrong on all of these, though #2 would be touching.

Regins is a two time WWE champion... and the current build make it seem like his is struggling to reach the "top of the mountain".

Why?

If I signed up for s free month trial of WWE network for Royal Rumble, I should be able to watch this shitty PPV for free as well right?

Rumble was on Jan 24, so my month trial should end on Feb 24... I should be good right? Or does WWE limit the trials to just one PPV?

Rutti

If I signed up for s free month trial of WWE network for Royal Rumble, I should be able to watch this shitty PPV for free as well right?

Rumble was on Jan 24, so my month trial should end on Feb 24... I should be good right? Or does WWE limit the trials to just one PPV?

You're good. I'm only watching this since I too have Network sub left from Rumble. This is going to be my background noise for the night. Only match I'm want to watch is AJ vs Jericho.

Man I just realized if they aren't going to make unique PPV entrances/stages anymore they should drop the specifically named PPV's except for the big 4 and I guess MitB

Vince finally did it. I'm not hopelessly fooling myself into thinking anyone but Roman will win. Wish I had done this last year. And to those hoping Ambrose will win. . .
_AZqtg.gif

GeeTeeCee

I resubscribed to the network a couple of days ago after using the free month for Summerslam and Night of Champions last year. My main reason for subscribing was for Wrestlemania and NXT, but I may as well watch Fastlane, as it was the first thing I watched last year when getting back into wrestling.

Striker

Here's last year's card if you want to compare. There's a few similarities.

ri5qzdw.png
4 of the 6 guys in the six-man tag will be in that match Sunday night. Goodness. I have zero recollection of the Ambrose-Barrett feud. Maybe that's when R-Truth was stealing it around, or something. Rusev's first match against Cena on the PPV before 'Mania. Brainless.

Chopper

Vince finally did it. I'm not hopelessly fooling myself into thinking anyone but Roman will win. Wish I had done this last year. And to those hoping Ambrose will win. . .
_AZqtg.gif
But... But... Those boos! Do they really not Reigns won't get booed out of the building vs HHH?!

orioto

Good Art™
My only hope for that Zigglo/KO match is that they realize they've been having it multiple times and they should try to add a little something to it for a ppv match.. It should have had a gimmick.

hamchan

Alberto Del Rio v. Kalisto. I hope Kalisto can just win now because it's getting a bit dull with Del Rio.

Edge and Christian Interview The New Day. Will be the best part of the show. That new Edge and Christian show looks like the worst thing ever made though. Nothing in those trailers were funny. But yes, looking forward to see how SAWFT the New Day are.

Ryback etc vs Wyatts. Toilet Break

Charlotte vs Brie. Have Brie win and take the Diva's championship into retirement so that they can start a new WOMEN's Championship.

Becky and Sasha should vanquish team BAD forever and find a way to set up a triple threat with Charlotte at Mania.

AJ Styles vs Jericho, who cares AJ should win.

Owens vs Ziggler, who cares Owen should win.

I guess I'm looking forward to the main event because Brock is always nice to see in the ring and I'm liking Ambrose these days. Also that third guy who doesn't help his friends, seems like a jerk and smirks a lot. I don't know why he's in this match but at least he looks good.

Yep, this is what I'm doing. Basically got 2 PPVs for my month. Plus March has no PPVs so you can cancel it and then just resub in April for Wrestlemania.

I would like to see some kind of dusty finish in the main even that gets both Ambrose and Reigns in the main event at WM but maybe I dunno.

I wonder if they turn him this year. Dude would be a way better Randy Orton replacement then a John Cena replacement.

UberTag

The best this ppv can hope for is if its performers put on some damn good matches.
That's the best we can hope for from any "WWE network special".

Problem is, Creative sure as heck isn't following through on their end, the road agents in the back have been making questionable decisions of late in terms of framing the spots of each match from beginning to end and most of the talent seems to be killing themselves with outrageous spots and shortening their careers in matches that mean ultimately nothing.

When people legitimately say they're most looking forward to the New Day talking segment that's been booked, there's a reason for that.

Regins is a two time WWE champion... and the current build make it seem like his is struggling to reach the "top of the mountain".

Why?
He's the ultimate underdog.
He's the lone wolf against the rest of the locker room (except when he has little buddies getting killed on his behalf while he smirks and does nothing).
He's got to defy all those odds and triumph over the Authority (only for them to come out the next week completely unscathed and screw him over again before handing him more title matches).

You just need to believe in Roman and be happy that everyone else on the roster "just likes to have fun".

Because right now I have nothing else to do, prediction time, a vintage Owl segment losing more steam than a cool dad Y2J promo in 2016.

Alberto Del Rio v. Kalisto (c) for the United States Championship (2 out of 3 falls)
If you squint it'll be like you've travelled back in time to the enduring Mysterio vs Del Rio rivalry of years past.
Except in a twist the ultra gimmicky finishing move setup that would never happen in any other match now belongs to ADR and not our vertically challenged masked man, it's a brave new world.

Edge and Christian Interview The New Day
Enjoyment will be dependant on just how much goofy humour you can stomach, consider it a litmus test for if you should consider watching the Edge and Christian show.

Ryback, Big Show and Kane vs. The Wyatt Family (Luke Harper, Erick Rowan and Braun Strowman) (with Bray Wyatt)
The important mathmatical equation of this match is as follows.
If Kane and Taker were able to defeat the Wyatts just a few months back at survivor series quite handily than are Ryback+Show = or > Taker?
Or are we just at that point where the Wyatts are supposed to be a threat again and DEMON Kane isn't.
Between every man in this match there's no booking consistency whatsoever.

Charlotte (c) (with Ric Flair) vs. Brie Bella
The best case scenario in my mind is Daniel Bryan coming down to confront dastardly Ric and then they have a safe as can be scuffle because bumping probably isn't in either guys interests right now.
Basically a sequence of struts and yes flailing.

Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks vs. Team B.A.D. (Naomi and Tamina)
Two toilet breaks in one night? oh WWE how you spoil us.
Actually I'd like to get behind the divas division more these days but we're still taking baby steps forward so it's at least a quick trip to the can during the entrances.

AJ Styles v. Chris Jericho
Getting the rub from cool dad Jericho is just what this rookie redneck pitbull needs to make it in these big leagues, just ask Fandango.

Kevin Owens (c) v. Dolph Ziggler for the Intercontinental Championship
The definitive laws of 50/50 booking spell the odds of an Owens victory based on the repetition of this match up.
And also no one wants IC champ Ziggler.

Brock Lesnar v. Dean Ambrose v. Roman Reigns
I really can't wait to see Ambrose pull of a weak arse "Wacky line/lariat" on Lesnar of all people, even better if Lesnar actually has to sell the damn thing.
This match is basically a countdown to two things...
1- The Wyatts attacking Lesnar, explanation will be given via nonsensical gibberish promo on Raw
2- Reigns strolling onto Wrestlemania, it's such a foregone conclusion WWE haven't even really booked Reigns as an integral part of this storyline, he's just kind of there to get his pinfall and resume his actual feud with Trips.

When I lay it all out like that...
well it ain't great, where's my League of Nations at?

Why?

That and he already main evented Wrestlemania, CM Punk weeps.
I'm still more annoyed that the authority just gave him a title shot after doing their best to prevent him from getting and keeping the belt in the first place

KingBroly

Banned
I haven't watched any WWE in a month, someone mind explaining what's been going on?

HHH is Champion
They're teasing HHH v. Brock at Mania so they can swerve us with LOLREIGNSWINS tonight
Brock is going to face Bray
Kevin Owens is IC Champion again
The New Day continues to delight
Kalisto is US Champion
The Wyatts are going after big muscle heads
The women have the best storylines on the show atm

Oh, and Daniel Bryan retired due to concussion/seizure issues.

cLOUDo

The edge and Cristian interview looks like the most interesting thing in the card LoL

Also where are the league of nations or the social outcast?

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
we dont want reigns to have the title but we will keep giving him a shot regardless......... should be hhh vs ambrose for main event tonight

UberTag

Sounds like business as usual then. I just wonder if Owens defends the title against Jericho or Sami Zayn at WM.
My bet is neither or both. They don't want Owens cutting promos to hype up a singles feud of any kind heading into that event. They want a multi-man schmoz to fit as many guys as possible on the card in a spotfest match that gets nobody over and just gets them a bunch of Mania paydays. It also lets them pad all of the RAWs and Smackdowns heading into Mania with singles/tag matches between all of the participants that break down and get thrown out thanks to DQs and run-ins from the other guys.

In other words, Creative will choose the laziest outcome possible. And when someone other than Owens wins at Mania (probably a babyface) they get to use that BS rematch clause as a crutch to book Extreme Rules... which, I should add, takes place a mere THREE WEEKS after Mania this year. So don't count on much in the way of meaningful feuds being developed for it.

BadAss2961

lol, an interview listed on the card. The struggle is real.

Can't believe Triple H is defending at Wrestlemania. There's gotta be a swerve somewhere.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The interview segment is probably to introduce Enzo and Cass, although I haven't heard that specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom