• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Fastlane 2016 |OT| Roundabout to Wrestlemania

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would only work if Roman turned heel.

But even having Heyman in your corner wouldn't be enough. He'd just be a smaller, less threatening, and staler Brock.
But at least Roman is someone that will be there every week. The Dudley's are currently heel and they seem to be moving back in with Heyman, so the Roman/Heyman heel thing could work.
Be honest though. How many of you all have been crying this week because of today's show, but are going to tune in anyway? I feel like I could return after three months, and nothing will have changed. It's quite comforting really.
Agreed.
Breaking up Bork and Hayman would be the dumbest thing ever, so yes it's possible WWE would do it.
Heyman can multitask. Brock isn't on the show every week,so there's no need to split them up.

Into

cmtVwhs.png

I said when the match was announced. He was at the time Intercontinental champion. It was clear as day who was eating the pin and they needed to change the build up since Brock & Roman were much more protected booking wise than Dean was. And it worked.

Dean is the most over babyface they have right now and if he looked like Batista they would have changed their plans on Roman like they did with Randy Orton back in 04/05. But it doesn't seem that they look at Dean as a number 1 guy regardless. All I'm confident in is that HHH is going to get his spot and main event WM as champion and Roman is going to close the show.
In Orton's case, he truly wasn't ready to be on his own imo. Vince rushed him so he could say that he's the youngest world champion in WWE history.

Also, his booking was no better than Rey Mysterio's.

Striker

Once Roman gets the title and Vince can parade him on TV talk shows with belt what then?

Ambrose isn't exactly gonna get heel reactions from most fans
Being a heel, facing likeable faces, you know, the not-so typical case of WWE writing in the past five or so years.

(let's talk past ten years) Eddie Guerrero, Chris Jericho and Edge became tremendous heels despite being hugely over as babyfaces before. It works if they do it right.

Tagyhag

But at least Roman is someone that will be there every week. The Dudley's are currently heel and they seem to be moving back in with Heyman, so the Roman/Heyman heel thing could work.

Which would mean he'd get boring even faster.

Dudley's have the advantage of being good heels + having personalities.

FyreWulff

I miss the old names, the ones post 2010 sound too generic. MITB/Extreme Rules are the only ones that sound unique. I remember February was No Way Out month.

No_Way_Out_2001.jpg

It was purely timing, but I like how the PPV where the nWo debuted in WWE was (N)o (W)ay (O)ut.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
you guys do know Roman already won the title

twice

right?

Into

Bet your mortage on a Reigns win tonight, you will make enough money for some gum and a pokemon sticker.

Kuroyume

Banned
Am I the only one who thinks Kane would looker cooler without the mask at this point? Or does he have to wear the mask to be considered a demon?

Verendus

Banned
Why do I get the feeling you'll still be making those "it's about to happen" posts by next year's WM?
I think you're confusing something here friend.

It doesn't concern me if he's not the most popular superstar since The Rock. I just watch and enjoy once a month. If I didn't, I just wouldn't watch. The bizarre obsession I see on here about how well a superstar is doing and so on is pretty exclusive to you guys. I don't care about that.

I mean, I can join everyone in whining about things but frankly, I'm better than that. If you all spent a similar amount of energy in applying yourselves in reality, you probably wouldn't get so upset with a televison program. That's a little harsh, but it's true.

Besides, there's no stopping this train. First comes Jimmy Haitch, then comes Barack Lesnar, then comes Joan Cena. This will be a great year for big matches. If Reigns doesn't win at Wrasslin'Mania, even I will be legit shook because it's clearly happening.

I balee Roman will come out on top. Good times.

UberTag

Why do I get the feeling you'll still be making those "it's about to happen" posts by next year's WM?
He'll have some new "unpopular with the smart fan" guy that's getting overpushed to crow about then.
Prior to WrestleMania Viking Helmet, we'll see "it's about to happen, the Brauny the Strowman era is upon us" posts.
And then the next year prior to #WWEMania, we'll see "it's about to happen, the Baron Corbin era in upon us" posts.

And so on and so forth.

Not that being predictable or a broken record is a bad thing.
The product is completely stale so it lends itself to that.
Look back on anyone's posts from the past two years and you'll see a lot of deja vu.

I mean, I can join everyone in whining about things but frankly, I'm better than that. If you all spent a similar amount of energy in applying yourselves in reality, you probably wouldn't get so upset with a televison program. That's a little harsh, but it's true.

Besides, there's no stopping this train. First comes Jimmy Haitch, then comes Barack Lesnar, then comes Joan Cena. This will be a great year for big matches. If Reigns doesn't win at Wrasslin'Mania, even I will be legit shook because it's clearly happening.

I balee Roman will come out on top. Good times.
Can't really fault that philosophy. If you're going to watch a stale, uncreative product... might as well delude yourself to be happy with the obvious outcomes than to pine for something that will clearly never happen unless the relics leave.

The women though... goddamn. I don't remember ever thinking wrestling chicks were good looking outside of Stacy Keibler. Now nearly every one of them look amazing -- especially the super pale chick. (Paige I think?) I only caught a minute of them wrestling and it was eh, but if they're just meant to be eye candy (no offense) then bravo.

Go watch WWE's "developmental" show (also arguably the A-Team now), specifically look up Sasha vs Bayley at Take Over Brooklyn and then find the follow up match. WWE has quite a few good or great female performers but much of the time on the main roster they're victims of how absolute garbage the booking and creative are. It's pretty much a demotion as a performer going from NXT to the main roster.

Am I the only one who thinks Kane would looker cooler without the mask at this point? Or does he have to wear the mask to be considered a demon?

It'd be better if he'd retire, masked, unmasked it doesn't matter, he's been around for nearly 20 years with the character and there's absolutely no where else to go with it.

Betfair have 4.50 Odds (+350.00 American) on Kalisto vs Del Rio to be only 2 falls.

Seeing as that match is on the pre show and will get little time I think I will bet on that!

Verendus

Banned
Can't really fault that philosophy. If you're going to watch a stale, uncreative product... might as well delude yourself to be happy with the obvious outcomes than to pine for something that will clearly never happen unless the relics leave.
Hold on friend. There's no delusion at play here. No need for passive aggressive lashing out.

Delusion is whining about something you claim to not watch, yet invest your time in complaining about anyway. It's about wasting your time and energy on something that clearly affects you emotionally, as much as you like to pretend otherwise. It's about constantly surrounding yourself with negativity, and allowing yourself to drift further into that little hole you wish everyone else occupied with you because that's the only way you find validation in your thoughts, because it's simply not enough if someone else might enjoy it. That's delusion, and it's for failures. It's the kind of pathetic way of thinking that never amounts to anything in life.

Wrestling has always been predictable. All that has ever mattered is if you actually cared for the outcome. You don't, but fortunately, I do.

That is why I balee.

Roman Reigns vs Baron Corbin will be our generation's John Cena vs Randy Orton
Baron Corbin looks so damn boring and generic. I think Chuck Palumbo as a Biker is even more interesting(maybe thats biased because I loved that gimmick for chuck). Okay Chuck and Stasiak are mkre interesting, there we go.

Hold on friend. There's no delusion at play here. No need for passive aggressive lashing out.

Delusion is whining about something you claim to not watch, yet invest your time in complaining about anyway. It's about wasting your time and energy on something that clearly affects you emotionally, as much as you like to pretend otherwise. It's about constantly surrounding yourself with negativity, and allowing yourself to drift further into that little hole you wish everyone else occupied with you because that's the only way you find validation in your thoughts, because it's simply not enough if someone else might enjoy it. That's delusion, and it's for failures. It's the kind of pathetic way of thinking that never amounts to anything in life.

Wrestling has always been predictable. All that has ever mattered is if you actually cared for the outcome. You don't, but fortunately, I do.

That is why I balee.

Ironic, considering you're wasting your time and energy on something that clearly affects you emotionally by complaining about complainers and parody posts with endless of paragraphs.

Seems a lot considering you "just watch and enjoy once a month."

That is why I balee.
CMw1zkn.gif

Agreed completely uce.

sora87

So, can Brie actually wrestle now? No idea why they've put her in the title match when there's a lot better options around.

Verendus

Banned
Ironic, considering you're wasting your time and energy on something that clearly affects you emotionally by complaining about complainers and parody posts with endless of paragraphs.

Seems a lot considering you "just watch and enjoy once a month."
I don't think you understand what irony is, and are now having to resort to complaining about me engaging people passively aggressively lashing out towards my unbridled positivity by attacking my use of words in paragraphs, which is the correct method of written communication by the way. Does Reigns winning hurt you?

It will.

That's a Batman quote.

CMw1zkn.gif

Agreed completely uce.
I got you fam.

Don't let my absence ever deter you. It's all about the Reigns Train.

So, can Brie actually wrestle now? No idea why they've put her in the title match when there's a lot better options around.

She is close to retiring due to wanting to start a family with Bryan. She will be going away soon, and very few Divas stay with this company close to a decade. She might be just getting to bow out gracefully. Also, she is a better wrestler than she used to be, but she is still a tier below the NXT Women

Hex

Banned
She is close to retiring due to wanting to start a family with Bryan. She will be going away soon, and very few Divas stay with this company close to a decade. She might be just getting to bow out gracefully. Also, she is a better wrestler than she used to be, but she is still a tier below the NXT Women

Or it is a sympathy and pandering push to capitalize on Daniel Bryan's retirement , make Charlotte more of a heel , and let Becky and Sasha tie up loose ends with the whole Team Bad thing before building their Mania push.

UberTag

So ADR is the only member of LoN that's wrestling? Is that the only storyline they have going on?
Pretty much. Del Rio's buddies (Rusev and Sheamus) have been roped into the equation via 6-man matches with the Lucha Dragons and random face partner du jour... but otherwise they're not doing much else - which is rather odd considering they were minions for Vince and made a concerted effort to lay out Roman at the Rumble. Some reward they got from the Authority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom