• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Fastlane 2016 |OT| Roundabout to Wrestlemania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I haven't watched any WWE in a month, someone mind explaining what's been going on?

I wrote all of the storylines for every match in the OP

and Enzo/Cass have been doing dark matches with the main roster for a couple of weeks and are scheduled to work the Live Network special next month.

I'm all in on the Lunatic Fringe!

I'm getting a bad urge to gamble on WWE. Dean Ambrose is +560 to win tonight and I think that's a good bet. He's an Ohio guy, gotten a lot more mic time in the leadup to today, and I think him winning over Roman is necessary to give Roman a quasi-interesting storyline.

I'm getting a bad urge to gamble on WWE. Dean Ambrose is +560 to win tonight and I think that's a good bet. He's an Ohio guy, gotten a lot more mic time in the leadup to today, and I think him winning over Roman is necessary to give Roman a quasi-interesting storyline.
Ambrose doesn't have a storyline with the champ.

WWE always keeps it simple. People work themselves because they want turns.

I'll be staying up to watch this tonight ( UK ) I don't know why I always end up dissapointed. Hoping for an ambrose win , Styles win , Owens win , Wyatts to take out lesner.

Fitts

Hey y'all! I clicked on this to see what this PPV is all about. I haven't really watched wrestling in over a decade, but with Brock going back to it I've actually paid attention to what I've heard here and there. A dude I work with casually follows wrestling and he invited me to watch Wrestlemania with him for a laugh and I'm really looking forward to it!

Over the past few weeks, I've stopped flipping through channels when I seen wrestling on and caught a few minutes here and there. It seems like it's a lot of some guy in black vs other guy in black. Where's the crazy gimmicks/goofy shit? I did appreciate that it wasn't just a bunch of bodybuilders, though, and there seemed to be a few guys that didn't look all that athletic but were clearly talented enough to be there. (probably moreso than the guys that are the prototypical hulking monsters) I'm kind of familiar with the New Day since the internet told me a while ago that they were funny and Xavier Woods seems like a cool guy from what I caught of his YouTube show. I remember him having Dusty's son/Golddust's brother on who went by Stardust and I really liked his personality. (he was making Rick and Morty references) I don't see him on this card. Is he not around anymore?

I caught a bit of Chris Jericho a few weeks ago. Even my girlfriend instantly recognized him because she said she thought he used to be handsome. I was disappointed because he didn't even look like himself anymore. He cut off the hair, got rid of the pants, wasn't acting hilariously cocky, (loved when he would go for a cover by putting his foot on on his opponent, flex, and shout "c'mon baby!") and frankly looked old, slow, and fat. I mean yeah, he's a lot older now, but as someone who hasn't seen him in a while and used to really enjoy his schtick he seems like he doesn't want to and shouldn't be there anymore. Ric Flair did the same thing forever and it was always awesome.

The women though... goddamn. I don't remember ever thinking wrestling chicks were good looking outside of Stacy Keibler. Now nearly every one of them look amazing -- especially the super pale chick. (Paige I think?) I only caught a minute of them wrestling and it was eh, but if they're just meant to be eye candy (no offense) then bravo.

Anyway, just a few musings from someone who doesn't know shit about current WWE. (I keep saying WWF still) Outside of New Day, if I'm in this for goofy/outrageous bullshit (unintentional laughs are always better than intentional) then who should I be rooting for? Keep in mind that I haven't been a fan for a long time (never knew Brock before he went to MMA, lots of dudes had a gimmick second job when I watched, stopped watching around the time that WCW/Nitro went away) but probably won't be entertained purely on nostalgia.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Whether Ambrose has a story with HHH isn't relevant. People go to the main event of Mania all the time without a storyline with the champ.

The only thing that is actually relevant is how much Vince loves Roman behind the scenes. We know what we suspect, we don't actually know how much he really loves him.

lol, an interview listed on the card. The struggle is real.

Can't believe Triple H is defending at Wrestlemania. There's gotta be a swerve somewhere.

i can thanks to injuries and poor booking HHH is the number 1 heel in the company right now sadly it makes sense that he is in the main event of mania...

iMax

Whether Ambrose has a story with HHH isn't relevant. People go to the main event of Mania all the time without a storyline with the champ.

The only thing that is actually relevant is how much Vince loves Roman behind the scenes. We know what we suspect, we don't actually know how much he really loves him.

Seriously, a long hard staredown is all the story you need.

Ambrose doesn't have a storyline with the champ.

WWE always keeps it simple. People work themselves because they want turns.

Yeah, but what does a Roman/Triple H WrestleMania do? Roman wins, Dean goes back to playing the perpetual second fiddle, and the crowd lets out a long collective fart.

Dean doesn't need a storyline with H, he needs one with Roman. He beats Roman today, takes the belt at WrestleMania, and he's got a gangbusters feud with Roman, a feud that only gets better when Rollins returns. Give Roman MITB, Seth comes back and demands a title match and you get a Shield Triple Threat match for the title.

Angry Grimace

Yeah, but what does a Roman/Triple H WrestleMania do? Roman wins, Dean goes back to playing the perpetual second fiddle, and the crowd lets out a long collective fart.

Dean doesn't need a storyline with H, he needs one with Roman. He beats Roman today, takes the belt at WrestleMania, and he's got a gangbusters feud with Roman, a feud that only gets better when Rollins returns. Give Roman MITB, Seth comes back and demands a title match and you get a Shield Triple Threat match for the title.

This requires you to believe they give a shit about making a reasonable story for SummerSlam. Last time they had SummerSlam they had it end on a fake ending where the Undertaker tapped out off camera.

UberTag

I wrote all of the storylines for every match in the OP

and Enzo/Cass have been doing dark matches with the main roster for a couple of weeks and are scheduled to work the Live Network special next month.
I would not at all be surprised to see the New Day job the belts to Enzo/Cass at that network special if they happen to have Edge & Christian in their corner for that match. It's in Toronto, after all.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm only interested in the Styles vs Jericho match and the Becky & Sasha vs Naomi & Tamina match. This seems like a really weak card leading up to WM. Hopefully they have some surprises for us tonight. I hope that Undertaker is going to show up at some point.

I wish I cared more about the KO vs Ziggler match, but that feud has done absolutely nothing for me interest wise.

Angry Grimace

I would not at all be surprised to see the New Day job the belts to Enzo/Cass at that network special if they happen to have Edge & Christian in their corner for that match. It's in Toronto, after all.
They're facing Dash and Dawson for the NXT titles so
they will lose since Dash and Dawson already have a title match at Takeover.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
I think the way they have built the main event, by almost exclusively focussing on Dean, has been pretty good, and it almost makes me wonder if he does have a chance. Classis WWE-booking would dictate that he wins it, with him loosing for months before. Nah, who am i kidding, its all about making Roman look strong.

Anyways, I am also on team Becky, really hope to see her get a title shot soon. Interesting that the top three divas now all came up from NXT just half a year ago though, whats happened to Paige?

Also think AJ Styles is going to take another win, and that KO and Charlotte retains their belts.

When the triple threat match was announced, who was the one person that was most likey eating the pin? Brock Lesnar, one of the most protected guys in the history of the company? Roman Reigns, which basically had the whole promotion built around him for the past year? Or Dean Ambrose, the intercontinental champion?

The finish was too obvious so they built the lead up around Dean to have some expense going into tonight's main event. But everything has already been written in stone a year ago. Roman is closing Wrestlemania as the champion, period.

Gurrry

when the bellas were introduced were they treated with the same kind of hostility that girls like eva marie are? im just curious because imo, nikki is actually pretty decent in the ring.

it just makes me wonder if eva marie will ever actually turn the corner and do something of worth in the ring.

as far as tonight goes, i honestly think the best WM we could have would be brock vs hhh (yeah i know, its not the ideal), and roman vs dean after one of them (hopefully roman) turns on the other.

KingBroly

Banned
Today... is the day.

Bitches.

Roman Reigns is heading to Wrasslin'Mania.

Balee dat.

Most yawn-worthy WM main event of all time.

They'll mute the crowd so hard.

Then Rock will Rock Vince, people will cheer, and they'll use that pop for Roman's victory on Raw.

when the bellas were introduced were they treated with the same kind of hostility that girls like eva marie are? im just curious because imo, nikki is actually pretty decent in the ring.

it just makes me wonder if eva marie will ever actually turn the corner and do something of worth in the ring.

The Bella's first showed up in singles matches on smaller shows like Velocity, and every match they were in were variations on the "Twin Magic." finish. They dragged out the reveal there were actual twins for at least a month. I have no memory of fan reactions, but at least WWE constantly booked around the fact they lacked wrestling's skill at the time, and gave people something extra to be excited about.

Remember when it was hard to tell the Bella twins apart?

I wonder if vince is bummed out they diverged and nikki got thickki. Dude has always loved twins.

When the triple threat match was announced, who was the one person that was most likey eating the pin? Brock Lesnar, one of the most protected guys in the history of the company? Roman Reigns, which basically had the whole promotion built around him for the past year? Or Dean Ambrose, the intercontinental champion?

The finish was too obvious so they built the lead up around Dean to have some expense going into tonight's main event. But everything has already been written in stone a year ago. Roman is closing Wrestlemania as the champion, period.

Former Intercontinental Champion. They set him up in a clearly no-win situation with that Fatal Five way to force him to give up the IC belt... perhaps to give him a different belt?

All signs point to Dean. All roads lead to Ambrose. Time to take the Fastlane straight to the Lunatic Fringe.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Anyways, I am also on team Becky, really hope to see her get a title shot soon. Interesting that the top three divas now all came up from NXT just half a year ago though, whats happened to Paige?

It's her turn to sit on the bench. Every diva will end up there at some point since the division only ever runs 1 or 2 storylines at a time.

Today... is the day.

Bitches.

Roman Reigns is heading to Wrasslin'Mania.

Balee dat.
28da40cb10bd8520d0cbaf9f80999f1ed09777b4_hq.jpg

Fox318

Once Roman gets the title and Vince can parade him on TV talk shows with belt what then?

Ambrose isn't exactly gonna get heel reactions from most fans

Verendus

Banned
Be honest though. How many of you all have been crying this week because of today's show, but are going to tune in anyway? I feel like I could return after three months, and nothing will have changed. It's quite comforting really.

Reigns can give you a hug, and make it all better baby girls. You just need to show up in person like the thousands in attendance.

Former Intercontinental Champion. They set him up in a clearly no-win situation with that Fatal Five way to force him to give up the IC belt... perhaps to give him a different belt?

All signs point to Dean. All roads lead to Ambrose. Time to take the Fastlane straight to the Lunatic Fringe.

I said when the match was announced. He was at the time Intercontinental champion. It was clear as day who was eating the pin and they needed to change the build up since Brock & Roman were much more protected booking wise than Dean was. And it worked.

Dean is the most over babyface they have right now and if he looked like Batista they would have changed their plans on Roman like they did with Randy Orton back in 04/05. But it doesn't seem that they look at Dean as a number 1 guy regardless. All I'm confident in is that HHH is going to get his spot and main event WM as champion and Roman is going to close the show.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Once Roman gets the title and Vince can parade him on TV talk shows with belt what then?

Ambrose isn't exactly gonna get heel reactions from most fans

They're going to spin their wheels until Crossfit Jesus comes back. In the meantime, there's really no one for him to feud with except Ambrose so yeah, that's gonna happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom