• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network gains 33k new subscribers since Wrestlemania (Q2 results)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

jbgyiistr58wAf.png

And the hits keep on coming for Canada.

Couleurs

Ahhhh I was on the fence about resubscribing, but having the first year or two of Nitro on the Network might force me to keep paying.

RBH

Some news on the WWE Network:

Regarding the network in Canada on Rogers, the reason there are so small archives is because this whole thing was rushed to launch because they have to show improved numbers over the next three months. They hadn’t gotten CRTC approval yet. Rogers is discussing offering the network to other cable systems covering the rest of the country.

A new season of “Tough Enough” earmarked for the WWE Network looks like the victim of budget cuts. It was originally scheduled for a July taping, but over the last week, its budget was heavily cut back, and at the last minute, the entire show was scrapped. There was talk of doing it in the fall, but there’s been no talk at all in recent weeks of a time frame or shooting schedule.

WWE is clamping down somewhat on foreign network subscriptions. One reader, from the U.K., who signed up as soon as it was launched, was canceled by WWE. He, like many, used a U.S. address to subscribe, but in paying by Paypal, it had his real address. WWE took the subscription up until recently. Others in the U.K. having used false addresses are not having any problems.

a916

WWE announced a huge networking deal with Rogers today that will see the WWE Network come to Canada, in conjunction with their shareholders meeting which announced the Network coming to dozens of international countries this August.

In a major update for potential subscribers, the internet-based version of the WWE Network – the complete version the U.S. has had since February – is expected to be rolled out at some point in 2015. What Canadians will be getting is closer to what people thought the WWE Network was going to be many years ago; a premium television station. Rogers will be broadcasting the live feed on their network – including monthly PPV events – and viewers will have limited access to on-demand content.

So they essentially neuter the entire appeal of WWE Network, having an on demand catalog.

Is Rogers going to pull this same garbage with NHL GCL?

RBH

The first official airing of WCW Monday Nitro on the Network will be right after Raw on Monday night.

fZQv1Gu.png

I can't believe they fucked up the network in Canada. I was going to subscribe on day one right up until they fucked it up with the Rogers deal. They lost so many subs

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The sad thing is that they probably get more money from Rogers than they would from direct subscribers.

It was really, really sad to hear the guys on LAW say they were happy that it was a cable channel because the quality would be better. lol

RP912

Banned
I wonder when they are going to upload the rest or atleast 97-98 nitro...I seriously want to see that godtier crow sting run.

Hell I'm still waiting for more ecw episodes :/

RBH

The Wrap.com has an article that WWE is in talks of selling its entire pro wrestling library to Warner Brothers. The story said that neither side would comment on the story and that WWE is transitioning away from using its library. It indicated it was due to disappointing network subscriptions.

The news comes at the same time that UFC is paying significant money to acquire a number of MMA libraries. A source with knowledge of two content libraries that UFC doesn't own said that negotiations for purchasing them has reached significant amounts of money.
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...es-while-ufc-looking-at-acquiring-new-content

Warner Bros. is in talks to acquire the WWE library, two individuals with knowledge of the negotiations told TheWrap.

Warners Bros. and the WWE decline to comment.

While the financial terms of the deal were not disclosed, the library is estimated to have nearly 150,000 hours of content, consisting of television shows, pay-per-view events and house shows dating back to the 1950s. It also contains a large selection of the visual history of modern professional wrestling, and is currently held by Cinedigm.

An insider with knowledge of Cinedigm's WWE contract told TheWrap there is no end date as yet, but the company is transitioning away from the library.

The WWE Network, which launched in February, has made use of the library but hasn't received enough monthly subscribers to make up for its lost pay-per-view orders. At $9.99 per month, it needed 1.3 to 1.4 million subscribers, but the company closed its first quarter with just under 670,000 subscribers and declining PPV revenue. The WWE Network believed it would reach one million subscribers this year.

The WWE Network is a 24/7-streaming network that features 12 WWE live pay-per-view events, original programming, reality shows, documentaries, classic matches and more than 1,500 hours of video on demand at launch.
http://www.thewrap.com/warner-bros-in-talks-to-acquire-entire-wwe-library-exclusive/

painey

take the fucking PPV's off the network and actually put library content on there and you'll make profit you fools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom