• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Network |OT| $9.99 PPVs, that's gonna put some butts in the seats

empyrean

That's not quite right, I just watched the April 14th Nitro and he had a handicap match against Sullivan and AA to open the show.

You can really notice this is the points where the fans got fed up with him though, loud boos all the time he's on and doing his comeback, all the while Bischof and Heenan are trying to sell the idea of Hulkamaniacs and how he gets power from them as he Hulks up and stuff.

Im watching 1995 Nitros only about 20 in or so and there are clear boos for Hogan even at this point.

Just noticed Javy is missing an episode: The first Raw of 1999.

Thank fuck, not giving us that Foley title win would have been a huge cocktease. I know it's the WWE narrative to say that was the moment they were put into a dominant position, but it's the one time I agree with it. First time in a while I'd turned to Raw while Nitro was still on during the bizarre UK Friday Night War.

EDIT: Feel like ranting like I was 15 again. In 1999, not only did we have the internet to find out such things as when a program aired, but both shows were called Monday something. Why put both shows head to head if you're going to delay them 5 nights? Goddamn.

haha yeah that those strange Friday Night's getting our wrestling a week later... ffs. Checking the horrible as hell ceefax pages to see what matches were on. Never getting to see the PPVs live. Good times.

Space Ghost and then Nitro and then Thunder (if you were Hardcore and hadn't fallen asleep by 2am).

Just noticed Javy is missing an episode: The first Raw of 1999.

Thank fuck, not giving us that Foley title win would have been a huge cocktease. I know it's the WWE narrative to say that was the moment they were put into a dominant position, but it's the one time I agree with it. First time in a while I'd turned to Raw while Nitro was still on during the bizarre UK Friday Night War.

EDIT: Feel like ranting like I was 15 again. In 1999, not only did we have the internet to find out such things as when a program aired, but both shows were called Monday something. Why put both shows head to head if you're going to delay them 5 nights? Goddamn.

What's hilarious is that Foley's WWF Title win was the splash page on WWF.Com after the tapings ended that Tuesday.

JavyOO7

Foley title win was added last year on 9/14.

Stuff added today...

Original

Tough Enough
Bad Day. Real Bad Day - 04/13/2011
In Ring

Raw Replays
Episode 184 - 11/11/1996

1996 RAW not complete yet. RAW Bowl not there on network either.

1997 RAW has only 2 episodes under 'RAW Replay sections'. Last 3 episodes of 1997 are under the ''RAW Attitude Era' section of the network.

PTW has episodes 61-80. I wonder if the tapes are damaged before episode 61?

Tnt has episodes 1-40.

Hoping WWE's network teams remembers about Wrestling Challenge, old Superstars, etc... =p

The grouping of content is so odd, and at times a pain to navigate. It doesn't feel very natural at all, and feels like way too many clicks to get where you want to go. I guess what I'm really trying to say is...

Why don't episodes lead into each other ala Netflix?
Why is there no chronological timeline in place?

The grouping of content is so odd, and at times a pain to navigate. It doesn't feel very natural at all, and feels like way too many clicks to get where you want to go. I guess what I'm really trying to say is...

The Network's been out for over a year and there's only been one update the entire time: Watchlist and Continue Watching.

They're really terrible at this.

FyreWulff

And why does Nitro start at episode 79 or whatever the fuck (too lazy to check it again)

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Is Vince keeping 1997-2000 Nitro off the air because of how WCW was successful and winning the ratings war early on? It makes absolutely no sense to me.

RP912

Banned
Is Vince keeping 1997-2000 Nitro off the air because of how WCW was successful and winning the ratings war early on? It makes absolutely no sense to me.

If that was the case, Vince would have just uploaded 1999/2000 Russo'ed Nitros instead of 95/96 for shits and giggles. It really sucks that Nitro haven't been uploaded since the 95/96 episodes. Hell I'm still waiting on 96/97 Raws which were amazing to watch since it was the transitional period of the Attitude Era.

JavyOO7

And why does Nitro start at episode 79 or whatever the fuck (too lazy to check it again)

They fixed this not too long after that error. Now we got the first 68 episodes of Nitro. Now we just need 97 until the end.

Then there's also the WCW Saturday Night Shows. And all the TV they had in the late 80s too.

WWE Network team has a long way to go. There's a budget, apparently, for adding all these 'wonderful' original shows but not enough budget to just give us all these Nitros in one shot instead of drip feeding... =p

Just link it all up to a calender ffs. Let me run through all that shit chronologically, leaving a tweet length review for personal use if possible. I have no idea what they are doing with the Network at this point, like throwing darts at a features/content dart board blindfolded at this point.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Yeah, I'm starting to feel like I'm missing stuff without Superstars to plug the gap between PPVs and Main Event.

Exactly. It is pretty much impossible to follow without Superstars. Same with WCW Saturday Night.

WWF Superstars and WCW Saturday Night is a must and should be a top priority to put up to follow the storylines. Than you can add in WWF Challenge and Shotgun Saturday Night as they were filler shows, though I did love the early Shotgun Saturday night episodes that were filmed in local NYC locations like Pennstation. I would have marked out seeing that live and there was a good chance I woul have been there if I was a few years older.

Aiii

So not worth it
Exactly. It is pretty much impossible to follow without Superstars. Same with WCW Saturday Night.

Yeah, every Nitro they pimp the matches on the next Saturday Night and I'm like "I WANT TO SEE THIS MATCH RIGHT NOW!~!!"

But I can't :(

RBH

Really random thought, but Meng vs. Chris Benoit at WCW Slamboree 1997 is a pretty fun match that doesn't get much talk. Seeing the crowd erupt when the classic 4 Horsemen theme started playing for Benoit's entrance was great.

Matter of fact, this PPV as a whole is pretty solid. I really loved the Macho Man/DDP segment.

JavyOO7

Really random thought, but Meng vs. Chris Benoit at WCW Slamboree 1997 is a pretty fun match that doesn't get much talk. Seeing the crowd erupt when the classic 4 Horsemen theme started playing for Benoit's entrance was great.

Matter of fact, this PPV as a whole is pretty solid. I really loved the Macho Man/DDP segment.

Yeah dude, I just saw Meng vs Benoit. It was great! The finish to the match was awesome.

foltzie1

WWE Network with so many 'Free Months, Weekends, PPVs' for new Customers :

It sure makes me feel like not subbing for any extended period of time when half the months are given out for free.

And I guess since it's no commitment now it's even easier to do.

Most streaming services offer the first month free (Hulu extra). The WWE just tweaks the concept so you cannot get Wrestlemania or Summer Slam for free.

This just seems weirder because they awkwardly promote it during Raw.

Plinko

Another report is out showing that WWE is dragging their feet on putting on old content because they say hardly anybody watches, so I'm cancelling. Maybe one day years from now Superstars and Saturday Night will be on there, along with all the Nitros.

foltzie1

Another report is out showing that WWE is dragging their feet on putting on old content because they say hardly anybody watches, so I'm cancelling. Maybe one day years from now Superstars and Saturday Night will be on there, along with all the Nitros.

I'm certain they have numbers backing this up, but they could easily drive traffic to the old content by making it a focus some weeks like with the new content they've had recently.

Dedicate a certain base amount of time to master old footage and roll from there.

JavyOO7

RAW Replays up to the March 10, 1997 episode are there now. So that means 96 is complete (except for RAW bowl).

The March 17, 1997 RAW is almost here. One of my favorite episodes due to Psycho Sid!

https://youtu.be/FxCDDlSw9-A?t=2m35s

EDIT = Unfortunately, there's a RAW episode in 1997 not uploaded and is skipped. Feb 17 1997. There's probably more casualities... =p

JavyOO7

Vault
Prime Time Wrestling
Prime Time Wrestling 95 - 12/30/1986

Prime Time Wrestling 97 - 01/14/1987
Prime Time Wrestling 98 - 01/19/1987
Prime Time Wrestling 99 - 01/26/1987
Prime Time Wrestling 100 - 02/02/1987
Prime Time Wrestling 101 - 02/13/1987
Prime Time Wrestling 102 - 02/16/1987
Prime Time Wrestling 103 - 02/28/1987
Prime Time Wrestling 104 - 03/02/1987
Prime Time Wrestling 105 - 03/09/1987
Prime Time Wrestling 106 - 03/16/1987

Original
Original Specials
Celebrating the Dream - 06/15/2015

Swerved
Swerved Trailer - 06/16/2015

Some PTW stuff uploaded today. Still would like to see Wrestling Challenge and old Superstars...

Plinko

Does anybody else have major problems watching programs in the evenings? I get terrible video quality and it is almost impossible to fast forward. In the morning/afternoon it is fine.

Zach

Does anybody else have major problems watching programs in the evenings? I get terrible video quality and it is almost impossible to fast forward. In the morning/afternoon it is fine.

Yeah, I run into that sometimes. Super annoying.

And just popping in for my occasional WHERE ARE THE 1997 NITROS?!

Plinko

WWE has added nearly all 1997 RAW episodes. FINALLY.

Still waiting on any 1997-beyond Nitros :(

I'm confident Vince doesn't want to do it because he didn't create Goldberg.

atomsk

Party Pooper
So annoyed right now. Either someone guessed, or brute forced my password.

Then resubscribed me to the network (had a card on file), and then changed the email/password.

Going to dispute the charge with my bank tomorrow, but WWE support isn't open until noon on Monday (what kind of carny shit is that)

Will do everything in my power to get that account nuked, this fuck ain't watching SummerSlam on my dime.

So annoyed right now. Either someone guessed, or brute forced my password.

Then resubscribed me to the network (had a card on file), and then changed the email/password.

Going to dispute the charge with my bank tomorrow, but WWE support isn't open until noon on Monday (what kind of carny shit is that)

Will do everything in my power to get that account nuked, this fuck ain't watching SummerSlam on my dime.

3jGKmc1.jpg

seriously tho, that sucks, hope you get that fixed.

Plinko

According to news sites, they're adding a whopping two episodes. One from '97, one from '98.

RBH

Episodes 107 (September 29th, 1997) and 134 (April 6th, 1998) of WCW Monday Nitro just appeared on the Network.

I guess this is because of the impending release of the Best of Nitro Volume 3 DVD soon, but even then, just really random.

Top Bottom