• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X-Men Marvel Drama Gets Fox Pilot Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corpekata

Banned
The parents focus makes this seem kinda bland and presumably the kid will be on the young side. Not really feeling it from a description point of view.

CloudWolf

If people think that MARVEL is bad at integrating their TV/movie properties, I expect Fox to be even worse. Article says it's "produced" by the same people behind Legion, but I have zero faith they'll try to place it in either universe. Hell, they can't even have their own movie canon line up in a meaningful way.

If anything, Marvel shows have shown that it's a bad idea to mix tv and movie universes. I'm perfectly fine with this being seperated. In fact, I strongly prefer it. Putting it in the movie universes will just lead to corny call-backs and references like in the Netflix shows.

Slayven

I just checked, and yep, that was the case:

http://collider.com/deadpool-guardians-of-the-galaxy-2-character-trade-marvel/

I hope Marvel asked for Annihilus this time.

Fox:"We need Sammy The Squid Boy to be able to shoot lasers out his eyes. in exchange we will give you Super Skrull.

Marvel:"There is like a billion mutants you own the rights to, that shoot lasers"

Fox:"Hardball huh? I got you. Super Skrull and The Negative Zone"

Marvel:"Ok you got me, you are making out like a bandit"

Fox:"We need Sammy The Squid Boy to be able to shoot lasers out his eyes. in exchange we will give you Super Skrull.

Marvel:"There is like a billion mutants you own the rights to, that shoot lasers"

giphy2cuax.gif

Sesha

Considering James Mangold basically said the higher ups at Fox didn't know or cared that they owned the rights to a character like X-23, this probably isn't too far from the truth. Marvel/Disney could probably collect the rights for the entirety of cosmic Marvel piece by piece except Silver Surfer and Galactus, and Fox wouldn't bat an eye.

Glass Rebel

lmao!

Dysun

These X-Men shows might be good, hell Legion might be great (Noah Hawley/Fargo) but they sound completely uninteresting. In a time where you have A-B list heroes all over TV (Flash/Arrow/Daredevil/etc) we get D-Tier X-Men characters

tomtom94

I'm intrigued for Matt Nix, although with the benefit of hindsight I'm sure we can probably agree that Burn Notice went off the rails a bit.

Slayven

Never saw Burn Notice. Was that show any good? That dude is running this project.

It's great, like a macgyver that shoots people. Great characters and chemistry. Gets tired of itself in the last couple of seasons sadly.

The devil episode is one of the best hours of tv ever

TheOddOne

- EW: Fox’s Marvel series casts its first mutant.
The untitled project has cast Blair Redford (Switched at Birth, Satisfaction), EW has learned exclusively.

Redford will play Sam, “the strong-headed Native American leader of the underground network.”

The drama will focus on two ordinary parents who discover their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive.

Singer, who directed four X-Men films, is on board to direct and executive produce the pilot. Officially the show is not being called an X-Men series, but showrunner Matt Nix has previously told reporters that it will indeed take place in the same universe as the films.

“It’s sort of designed to side-step questions like, ‘Where is Wolverine?'” Nix teased. “There is a certain amount of those characters that I can use and I’m using some of those. Other characters I’m inventing but everything is invented with a nod to the existing mythology.”

Deepwater

The show appears particularly timely, dealing with the plight of minorities in society where there may not be enough tolerance for them.

The X-Men have served as an allegory to minorities in America since the 60s. I understand your average super hero fan won't know that, but it is not a new thing.

The X-Men have served as an allegory to minorities in America since the 60s. I understand your average super hero fan won't know that, but it is not a new thing.
Haven't you heard? Social justice is a modern addition to comics by those hippy SJWs.
/sarcasm

On topic... I'll give this show a chance. The idea is sound if a little uninteresting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom