• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Gifted |OT| Mondays on FOX at 9/8c

Damn.
She even went that far knowing that, what an asshole.

But still holy shit, that was pretty impressive that Lorna managed that at the end despite the collar. Badass.

Man the phone wars, they have begun.

I'm going to jump ahead and say that the Sentinel Suckers have a mutant that can or will disrupt other mutant powers and abilities.

Strucker with the gameplan...... Nope, I guess not.

I'm entertained so far. I'll be tuning in here after Supergirl, I think.

What was the article a reference for?

Zoe

How does this compare to legion? Legion is very good, so I was hoping this was as good as legion. It’s on my DVR but I haven’t gotten around to it yet.

Not comparable, IMO. This is played completely straight like Logan.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
We just need Jeffrey Donovan, Bruce Campbell, and Gabrielle Anwar to somehow show up on this show.

We just need Jeffrey Donovan, Bruce Campbell, and Gabrielle Anwar to somehow show up on this show.

It was cool seeing Michael's mom pop up, even though it was weird to not see her smoking a cigarette.

I enjoyed the 2nd episode, felt they kept the momentum going with the crisis w/Blink.

Kate getting that mutant wake-up call.

Doc: I know being with a mutant is exciting, but they can be dangerous

Definitely will be sticking with the show, Mondays are a light TV night for me.

Their dad didn't say YES he just nodded his head. So its not official, official. One of those kids is gonna get caught though and it's gonna suck.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Biggest surprise for me are the mutant underground characters. I expected them to basically be background characters and for this to stretch out the family drama, but they're actually making me care about the entire cast.

And they're actually doing some unique things that we haven't seen too often in the movies. Like a mutant needing medical attention and their powers going loco. That's kinda cool.

IKizzLE

Another good episode. Not as briskly paced as the pilot but still good. Liking some of the teases. This and Star Trek have really surprised me.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I'm impressed by the constant use of special effects.

Seriously. There was more CG in this one episode than the Netflix Marvel shows...combined. lol Actually looks good too. Proudstar working over those SWAT guys was better than any fight in The Defenders for me

Buckle

Never really liked the X-Men but this sounded like a nice self contained superhero show so I started checking it out of curiosity.

And it seems to have sort of a dark alternate future thing going on so that make its much more interesting to me.

Polaris is awesome.

I'm just so happy Lorna actually has the green hair. That was a cool way to reveal it too.

See I was confused by that scene, why did her hair change colour?I've not followed xmen lore,more of a casual fan, so get some references but feel like I need a guide so the characters in the how,able which mutant in the series they are lol. Kinda feel like I'm missing alot

Love the show so far, certainly in for more

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
See I was confused by that scene, why did her hair change colour?I've not followed xmen lore,more of a casual fan, so get some references but feel like I need a guide so the characters in the how,able which mutant in the series they are lol. Kinda feel like I'm missing alot

She dyed her hair to hide the fact she had natural green hair I guess? So when she took a shower, the dye washed out (dunno if it really happens like that as I have no experience with hair dye). Even though people having colored hair is more normal now a days, I guess it helps to not draw even more attention to yourself.

Can I also say how much I enjoy them not shying away from mentioning the X-Men and the Brotherhood? If this show was to come out in the early 2000's, they'd be skirting around using those names all the time. Just embrace your lore and use it when it's called for.

caliph95

She dyed her hair to hide the fact she had natural green hair I guess? So when she took a shower, the dye washed out (dunno if it really happens like that as I have no experience with hair dye). Even though people having colored hair is more normal now a days, I guess it helps to not draw even more attention to yourself.

Can I also say how much I enjoy them not shying away from mentioning the X-Men and the Brotherhood? If this show was to come out in the early 2000's, they'd be skirting around using those names all the time. Just embrace your lore and use it when it's called for.
Blink was stated to live in a life of crime because she couldn't pass for human and all she had was weird eyes and hair

OmniGamer

It's similar to the comics...in her origin, she used to dye her hair blonde to hide her green hair, to better conceal the fact that she's a mutant

sturmdogg

Felt weird hearing the X-Men, Brotherhood of Mutants and Mutant Liberation Front being outright mentioned on TV. Actually felt like this guy.

now-thats-a-word-ive-not-heard-in-a-long-time.jpg

And that ringtone...

Rvaan

Banned
The newspaper article that the doctor brings up talks about a set of blue eyed, blonde haired twins with destructive powers. That's a Fenris reference right?

Pachimari

Finally finished the episode, and it's just so good. I love Blink and how she couldn't control her powers, and how the mother had to go get medicine. And Polaris is so damn cool already. That hair reveal was something else. I also really dislike these Sentinels already, and is wondering what's up with Rio in the 60s. Looking forward to next week!

So which mutants have we seen so far? We got the main lineup of Polaris, Blink, Eclipse and Thunderbird but who was Dreamer and Proudstar?

jmizzal

Starting it now, its really good

So is this based a few years before Logan, since the X-Men and the Brotherhood is gone

Top Bottom