• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X360 Live gold farmi.. err.. Gamerscore farming for $$$.

hadareud

The Translator
Pope Benedict XVI said:
That seems very expensive. You could get 1000 points by buying a game with easy achievements, like an EA sports game.
yeah, but think of all the work ... I mean playing you would have to do.

More time to spend on the forums.

DCX

DCX
Yeah i read this and thought to myself, why are humans so eager to make a buck on everyone else's laziness...i mean the acheivements were designed so you can have a sense of accomplishments throught your games and adds replay value to titles that, without them, would have none. 300 bucks for 3000 points huh...wow...just wow.

DCX

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
:lol

mr.t.jpg

"I pty da fool who pay for gamerpoints."

I bet that a service where they complete certain very difficult achievements would be lucrative.

I can imagine a lot of neurotic completists would pay to get that one last damn achievement.

Tieno

The fun in achievements and gamerpoints is trying to achieve them and then getting them, not buying them...Still, people will buy this...so sad....

Wollan

DCX said:
Yeah i read this and thought to myself, why are humans so eager to make a buck on everyone else's laziness...

I'm personally not questioning the service providers as they are doing the clever and economical thing and providing the thing that stupid people want. There's no hidden agenda her, some people I guess are willing to pay for this.

LakeEarth

It takes a half hour to get 1000 points on NHL2K6. That's an easy $100 right there.

People who compare gamerpoints are dumb anyways. What achievements you got, THAT is the real question.

Uncle

DarienA said:
Dick waving... which IMO is what gamerscore and achievement points are all about.

Really? I've always thought of them just as something extra to accomplish in the game. At least when the achievements aren't inane like "finish mission X". They can give the game some extra life. Who cares about other people's gamerscore? I sure don't.

SnakeXs

DarienA said:
Dick waving... which IMO is what gamerscore and achievement points are all about.

But this is the equivelant of walking around with a dildo in your pants.

Wollan

SnakeXs said:
But this is the equivelant of walking around with a dildo in your pants.

I heard several stories like that. People getting hit by a car when jogging in tight fit clothing. At the hospital they discover them having dildos and sausages taped to their thigh.

SnakeXs

Wollan said:
I heard several stories like that. People getting hit by a car when jogging in tight fit clothing. At the hospital they discover them having dildos and sausages taped to their thigh.

Well this thread took a wonderful turn.

Arsenal

Borys said:
Awesome :lol

China WoW farmers have some competition!

I'd be willing to bet that these server providers are the same people - or at least they soon will have equivalent services :)

Wollan said:
Link?

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
Wollan said:

Oh man, that went to a wierd place

I never thought I would see something worse than cheating to raise one's Halo 2 level, but this takes the cake.

Humanity ftl.

VALIS

Ahahaha! That's awesome. Capitalism, baby! The ability to charge someone for doing something they could easily do themself.

You know what, though, on a time/gamerpoint scale, $300 for 3000 really isn't that bad. Even those games that give out points easy like King Kong, it'll take you 8 hours to get the full 1000 points. Picking up 3000 points is no afternoon of work.

VALIS said:
Ahahaha! That's awesome. Capitalism, baby! The ability to charge someone for doing something they could easily do themself.

You know what, though, on a time/gamerpoint scale, $300 for 3000 really isn't that bad. Even those games that give out points easy like King Kong, it'll take you 8 hours to get the full 1000 points. Picking up 3000 points is no afternoon of work.

In most of the sports games, you can get 1000 by playing just one game for 30 minutes.

Rhindle

Achievements add a new dimension to games, if they're intelligently done. I think they're a great innovation.

I'm sure there are idiots out there who get into dick waiving contests over their gamerpoint totals, but thankfully I don't know any of said idiots.

LakeEarth

VALIS said:

NHL2K6 is the only game I have that has easy gamerpoints, so I'll use it as an example. Keep in mind you can get these in 2 player, which makes them retardedly easy to get. Not only that, but there is a way to get 'complete goalie control', so you can let your opponent get a breakaway, activate the goalie and then purposely miss the puck. If you know what you're doing you could get all the achievements in a half hour. I've heard the 2k6/06 basketball games have it just as easy.

Do people even realize that they buy games to have some FUN?

Then they pay somebody else to play and have FUN.

Why the hell even buy a console? Why don't just pay somebody who has good gamerscrore and claim his gamertag yours.

Knowing there are idiots out there who will buy this service, this can be a good part-time job for someone needing extra bucks...:D

relyt9

MirageDwarf said:
Do people even realize that they buy games to have some FUN?

Then they pay somebody else to play and have FUN.

Why the hell even buy a console? Why don't just pay somebody who has good gamerscrore and claim his gamertag yours.

Knowing there are idiots out there who will buy this service, this can be a good part-time job for someone needing extra bucks...:D

Unfortunately some people have lost track to what having a good time is. They don't care to throw down 60 bucks for 1000 points. Or 5-10 dollars for 200 (concerning Arcade titles).

Jewbacca

Banned
Maybe having the most and having the best is considered the good time for some people.. I dont know why GAF is up in arms about this. No one knows or cares if you earned it or not, and if get all crappy pants about it then you have some issues to deal with.

Top Bottom