• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBLA (Xbox Live Arcade) News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The rewards system would take too long to get 200 points, so you'd probably have to spend money.
Why can't you play the full version though? I buy games and my roommate plays them all on her account fine. Did your friend transfer the license to another Xbox?

Btw, I'm thinking about Geo Wars 2 as well, but the demo wasn't that exciting. Are the other modes better?
Ended up buying points instead. I don't know why I can't play it, lots of license fuckery, probably has to do with my old 360 but I don't know my friend's email info so it's all a bit complicated.

Well, it's one of the must have games on XBL. Generally all the modes have quite a bit of variation. There's the 3 minute get as many points as you can mode with infinite lives, King where you only have one life but can only shoot when you're in "hills" which eventually disappear forcing you to move to another hill, a pacifism mode where you can't shoot but must move through gates which explode to do damage to enemies. On top of that it has Waves from PGR4 and the original Retro Evolved infinite mode improved, and one other mode I forget. If you don't like the premise of the gameplay as a twin stick shooter you probably won't like the rest of the game, but there are a variety of modes in the full game. A steal at 200mspts.

It also has up to 4 player co-op or competitive for all modes. Local and maybe online. The Game Details on the XBL page will probably be more specific with that.

JDdelphin

I just got it, I had Geo Wars 1 and this is a worthy sequel for sure, ESPECIALLY for a little over two bucks it's on of those 'can't pass up' deals IMO

pot

Banned
100%'d Dust (bought during the sale), loved that game man! Has the developer made any comments on sales or whether a sequel is in the works?

Slygmous

Sacred isn't that bad, the demo gives you 3 levels to play and the controls are responsive enough. The combat already felt repetative to me (as the warrior) so I'm not sure how that'll go as the game drags on.
However, that price! 1200 points seems a little steep for the type of game it is, and that day 1 DLC! Maybe when the price drops.

Ended up buying points instead. I don't know why I can't play it, lots of license fuckery, probably has to do with my old 360 but I don't know my friend's email info so it's all a bit complicated.

Well, it's one of the must have games on XBL. Generally all the modes have quite a bit of variation. There's the 3 minute get as many points as you can mode with infinite lives, King where you only have one life but can only shoot when you're in "hills" which eventually disappear forcing you to move to another hill, a pacifism mode where you can't shoot but must move through gates which explode to do damage to enemies. On top of that it has Waves from PGR4 and the original Retro Evolved infinite mode improved, and one other mode I forget. If you don't like the premise of the gameplay as a twin stick shooter you probably won't like the rest of the game, but there are a variety of modes in the full game. A steal at 200mspts.

It also has up to 4 player co-op or competitive for all modes. Local and maybe online. The Game Details on the XBL page will probably be more specific with that.
You might've lost the game if you moved to a new Xbox without transferring your friend's licenses. At least it's super cheap now. I wonder who gets the profits for a game from a dead studio?
Anyway, thanks for the advice. It seems silly to hesitate spending such a little amount on such a well loved game, I'll probably pick it up tonight.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Sacred Citadel seems like a fun game, the demo was mildy entertaining. But combat feels too slow, and it didn't feel challenging until I got to the boss at the end of the second level.

Hoping the next two sales include some of the Arcade games on my to buy list. Though I'd like to just buy them now and play them.

100%'d Dust (bought during the sale), loved that game man! Has the developer made any comments on sales or whether a sequel is in the works?

Noogy here on NeoGAF is the developer. He made essentially the game by himself aside from audio (music, voice). He posts frequently enough but maybe post in the OT and you'll catch his attention fairly quickly. I think he's alluded to wanting to make a sequel or having ideas for one but no formal announcement. Dust was confirmed for PC release on Steam during PAX East so I'm sure he's working on that. And at one point I thought he mentioned a hint of possible DLC but it's been awhile so perhaps not? Or it'll show up in some other way? It's all just guessing as he can't be too definite.

Anyhow, give him some praise in the OT for the game.

In other news, I haven't played much on 360 the last few months except this week I got Terraria. That's a rather enjoyable game! I've made gold tools so it looks like I'm reaching what's considered the middle content of the game by needing to fight some bosses. I've dug up some demonite but not enough to make anything. Everything I read online talks about using shurikens on bosses so I suppose I should attempt that so I can finally make some more progress. Oh well!

Also picked up I Am Alive and Black Knight Sword in the recent sale and added that to my pile of Arcade games I need to play. Ugh, I really need to quit adding to it but the sales have been quite good!

Noogy

Noogy here on NeoGAF is the developer. He made essentially the game by himself aside from audio (music, voice). He posts frequently enough but maybe post in the OT and you'll catch his attention fairly quickly. I think he's alluded to wanting to make a sequel or having ideas for one but no formal announcement. Dust was confirmed for PC release on Steam during PAX East so I'm sure he's working on that. And at one point I thought he mentioned a hint of possible DLC but it's been awhile so perhaps not? Or it'll show up in some other way? It's all just guessing as he can't be too definite.

Anyhow, give him some praise in the OT for the game.

Thanks, you answered everything for me :) Sales were good, I'm not allowed to share numbers, but it's not too difficult to dig around and get a sense of how the game is doing. At least it's affording me the opportunity to keep making games which is more than I could ask for.

I'd love to do a sequel one day (already have a lot of story and mechanics planned), but my next game will be a new IP. Right now I'm crunching on the Steam release of Dust:AET, which will hopefully release within the next 30 days, and then it's immediately onto my second game. And maybe a small vacation.

mujun

Thanks, you answered everything for me :) Sales were good, I'm not allowed to share numbers, but it's not too difficult to dig around and get a sense of how the game is doing. At least it's affording me the opportunity to keep making games which is more than I could ask for.

I'd love to do a sequel one day (already have a lot of story and mechanics planned), but my next game will be a new IP. Right now I'm crunching on the Steam release of Dust:AET, which will hopefully release within the next 30 days, and then it's immediately onto my second game. And maybe a small vacation.

XBLA on the second game?

nudge nudge wink wink

Is I AM Alive a bit crap, then? Kind of assumed I'd buy it when the cheap sale price was announced but having played the trial, it's, well, yeah, a bit crap?

The general theme and platforming seems nice enough apart from a stamina bar which makes literally no sense. Climb up a ladder for 30 seconds and you'll fall off and die. A three-year-old child could stand on a ladder for 30 seconds without falling off and dying. And then your max-stamina gets reduced if you have to boost your stamina when it's run out. HOW DO HUMANS WORK?

Then there's the combat, which could have been fun. Every single fight could have been a puzzle like do you draw your gun? Who do you go for first? How do you kill them? Except then they included a totally arbitrary system of retries which means you get punished for experimenting. Really quite disappointed. Better than Deadlight though, at least.

A bit crap? It's a goddamn mess. I'm seriously regretting my purchase, it's just awful. The stamina mechanic is probably the worst thing I've encountered in a game for quite some time.

It's just awful. I hate the look, the voice acting, the poor controls, Mei. I hate it. I rarely delete games that I've bought and often attempt to finish them, but this has been deleted. Fuck this shit, you suck Ubi.

Lothars

Have they announced a release date for Poker Night at the inventory 2 for XBLA? It's out on PC next wednesday is that the same for XBLA?

Is I AM Alive a bit crap, then? Kind of assumed I'd buy it when the cheap sale price was announced but having played the trial, it's, well, yeah, a bit crap?
It's not perfect but I liked it.

The general theme and platforming seems nice enough apart from a stamina bar which makes literally no sense. Climb up a ladder for 30 seconds and you'll fall off and die. A three-year-old child could stand on a ladder for 30 seconds without falling off and dying. And then your max-stamina gets reduced if you have to boost your stamina when it's run out. HOW DO HUMANS WORK?
No, that's how human bodies work and the abstraction makes some sense. I frequently climb completely vertical ladders for work and even hanging is slowly tiring due to how your weight pulls you away from the ladder (and it's not like the game has OSHA-approved ladders), and iirc the game significantly slows down depletion when you stop moving on a ladder. Really, ladders are very rare in the game; most of the climbing is on stuff that would be hard to stop on. Eventually you get pitons for longer climbs.

The max stamina depletion, while questionable as a design choice (although by the end of the game you should have scavenged enough supplies to make it not matter), does a decent job of representing muscle overwork: I can climb a hanging rope without any problem the first time and recover quickly, but if I have to do it repeatedly my arms will be shot for a while, and the game is supposed to take place over a ~36 hour period.

Then there's the combat, which could have been fun. Every single fight could have been a puzzle like do you draw your gun? Who do you go for first? How do you kill them? Except then they included a totally arbitrary system of retries which means you get punished for experimenting. Really quite disappointed. Better than Deadlight though, at least.
For what it's worth most of the difficult puzzle-fights will have a bandage pickup right before the fight or be near the beginning of a level. A more accurate criticism would be that the fights tend to play out the same way after a while (you almost always perform a surprise kill, draw your gun, and then work the options for what's left).

pot

Banned

Great to hear. Looking forward to your next game. I just can't get over how much fun I had with Dust. Played it nonstop until I got every achievement!

On a unrelated note, tried out Sacred Citadel yesterday and hated the combat. It was so clunky, you couldn't stream moves together. Its like your character completely stops for a second after completing a move. Going from Dust to Sacred Citadel was a straight meh in terms of combat flowing.

Anyway I can get Geo Wars Retro Evolved 2 for the 200 MSP price without Gold?

Only suggestion I have for that would be to have a friend with gold log onto your system with their account, give them the $2.50, have them buy the game with their own points, and then you can play it on your console without them needing to be signed in. Of course that means you wouldn't personally be able to transfer the game to a different console at any point but it's one option you have.

Vert boil

Released today,

boxartlg.jpg

God Mode - 800msp, 945MB.

I hope that steam sales are really good for you as it's well deserved, I will be double dipping :)

Lima

It is fun if you play coop but hey that is not saying much. Even the shittiest games are fun if you play them in coop.

aku:jiki

I'm liking God Mode so far. Controls are solid, Gears of War style, and so is the engine; no real annoyances with it so far. The level structure is pretty fun, fighting hordes in an area with a randomized bonus/penalty (like it could be "funny hats!" or "enemies are twice as strong") is pretty fun too and moving onto a new area with a new randomization. The infinite ammo one is glorious.

The two glaring flaws, though, is the extremely slow character speed and how underpowered your character is to start with. Leveling up to unlock better gear takes forever too, and it certainly doesn't feel very "God Mode." More like "Take a Savage Beating While Constantly Reloading: The Game." I can see the future unlocks and it's going to really grow and become more fun as I go, sure, but they should've made it a little easier on you in the beginning.

I guess that's because I'm playing solo, though. It seems very tailormade for coop, but I've been playing in open lobbies in every round so far and not a single person has popped into my game...

I'm liking God Mode so far. Controls are solid, Gears of War style, and so is the engine; no real annoyances with it so far. The level structure is pretty fun, fighting hordes in an area with a randomized bonus/penalty (like it could be "funny hats!" or "enemies are twice as strong") is pretty fun too and moving onto a new area with a new randomization. The infinite ammo one is glorious.

The two glaring flaws, though, is the extremely slow character speed and how underpowered your character is to start with. Leveling up to unlock better gear takes forever too, and it certainly doesn't feel very "God Mode." More like "Take a Savage Beating While Constantly Reloading: The Game." I can see the future unlocks and it's going to really grow and become more fun as I go, sure, but they should've made it a little easier on you in the beginning.

I guess that's because I'm playing solo, though. It seems very tailormade for coop, but I've been playing in open lobbies in every round so far and not a single person has popped into my game...

In an attempt to find thoughts on the game I found a twitch stream through Twitter and asked the guy about it. He wasn't playing at the time and said that it was broken and continuously freezing and also claimed there wasn't a single-player mode at all. Though the performance issues sound like it was Steam related. The 360 version performs decently enough? Doesn't freeze between 20-40 minutes of game playing?

Also, how extensive is the leveling and gear stuff? Are there stats or does level dictate possible gear? Everything sounds like I'd really like this but there's barely any talk anywhere online on the game. Lastly, when you talk about starting weak and having to reload do you keep experience when you die or do you have to beat a level or whatever to keep the experience? I'd imagine you keep all even after death since it'd be incredibly frustrating if you can't get stronger unless you're lucky enough to get through an area in one piece.

If I grab the game we can do some co-op.

The 360 version performs decently enough? Doesn't freeze between 20-40 minutes of game playing?
Yeah, I haven't had any noteworthy technical issues. No freezing, framerate is steady enough, no bothersome tearing, etc. It's not a masterpiece but it definitely works. I've had the game on for about 4 hours now.

Also, how extensive is the leveling and gear stuff? Are there stats or does level dictate possible gear? Everything sounds like I'd really like this but there's barely any talk anywhere online on the game. Lastly, when you talk about starting weak and having to reload do you keep experience when you die or do you have to beat a level or whatever to keep the experience? I'd imagine you keep all even after death since it'd be incredibly frustrating if you can't get stronger unless you're lucky enough to get through an area in one piece.
Level is only for gear, sadly. And as far as I know, the gear only boosts your attack abilities and there's nothing to raise defense... Which kinda sucks because the enemies hit hard, even on easy. You just have to get unlucky and get knocked down by a gladiator and then pummeled a bit by the mobs that crowd you when you're down to go from 100 health/100 armor to like 20 health/0 armor in a matter of seconds. The unlocks are guns (with upgrades like larger mags, more damage, higher accuracy), clothes (cosmetic effect) and abilities (shield, healing, various attacks, etc).

You get to keep the XP, minus the "match bonus" which is usually a negligible amount anyway. The real frustration in dying comes from the fact that the levels are like half an hour long, and if you die you don't get to go to the "gold room" after the boss, where you can grab upwards of 30k gold (which is a very nice amount in this game). Dying without getting there leaves you with like 2k gold instead, and that sucks because gold is more important than XP. You want those gun upgrades to make future attempts easier and it sucks to spend 25 minutes only to die on the boss and basically earn nothing of note...

I'm having fun with it but it is a pretty steep uphill battle. Not really difficult, per se, as the enemies are just dumb horde type enemies that charge right at you and the only strategy you need is to run backwards while shooting, but it's a lopsided game that's likely going to be frustrating in the beginning and very easy in the end.

Edit: Wait... I just noticed that there are these icons on the stat screen after a level that are, like, a gun with a + sign and a guy flexing muscles with an arrow pointing upwards. I guess you do actually level your character's innate abilities up, but there is no character screen showing your stats and it's all very unclear. That's a relief!

Thanks for the impressions. I was interested until slow character speed. It's a pet peeve of mine, but I hate games where the character moves so slowly that it becomes annoying/frustrating.

Sucks, I might have bought it otherwise. It sounds like a decent enough game.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Thanks for the impressions. I was interested until slow character speed. It's a pet peeve of mine, but I hate games where the character moves so slowly that it becomes annoying/frustrating.

One weird thing I found in Crysis 3 is that sometimes a slow character speed is just a really low FOV. I cranked it up and it felt like I was running around in turbo mode.

God Mode stuff

Well, sounds like something I'll get $10 of fun out of so I bought it. Hit me up if you want to try out co-op today. Add me on Live (Lord Wibble) or send me a message or something. Let's see if co-op is enjoyable?

That goes for anyone else that wants to give it a shot, too.

Can you do private matches in God Mode?
Strangely, no, unless the game is being obtuse again and I just don't see it. I can't see any options for private match, locked private slots or anything like that. There's only quick match and create match, and the only options in create is level and difficulty.

And, yeah, there's no singleplayer option at all. The only way to play is via the above two options.

Yeah, that is the big one. The worst part is that the dodge is almost entirely useless, since it's so slow. I like to think I have some decent reactions but I don't think I've ever successfully dodged an attack. The enemies are WAY faster than you are.

Well, sounds like something I'll get $10 of fun out of so I bought it. Hit me up if you want to try out co-op today. Add me on Live (Lord Wibble) or send me a message or something. Let's see if co-op is enjoyable?

That goes for anyone else that wants to give it a shot, too.
I'm done for the night but I'll likely be on this game all weekend.

I like God Mode.

What an odd game. I'd say it's easy to describe it as Serious Sam + Gears of War. There's no cover system but you do generally move fairly slowly from a third-person perspective except you have a sprint and dodge which are similar to the roadie run and the Gears of War rolls.

But shooting enemies feels pretty good. Skeletons explode nicely. So far I only have the starting SMG and shotgun and I find the shotgun pretty much worthless. Maybe it's better once you upgrade it but for now it's garbage.

Also, the game is definitely just a shooting grindfest. This is where multiplayer would likely improve it as I've only been playing solo. I was able to reach the boss on my second attempt in the Fortress area (I think that's what it was called?) I like how the areas progress through multiple arenas and offer some good variety in them. The Dark Mage I fought was a real turd and I could only get him down to half his health since I entered his arena with no spare lives.

It does suck that once you get game over that you lose out on the extra bonuses (30,000 gold would be SO nice). But that second match where I improved and reached the boss was enough to give me one whole level so that was good.

The random elements are really what makes it interesting. My first round I had it tough by first getting Titan so enemies were larger and stronger. That sucks for your very first time playing. I got through them and the next modifier was that my ammo drained so I had to pick up more ammo than I normally would need to run around and grab (and you will be doing a LOT of running and grabbing ammo, health, and shields).

My second time around was a bit smoother. I got the draining ammo to start things off and then got lightweight. It said enemies were light as a feather. I honestly have no idea what it did though I'm assuming my SMGs would have little effect and larger explosive weapons might wreak havoc on that one. I then got dwarf enemies that were weaker and lastly had bombs dropping from the sky while trying to fight the boss.

I dig it. I think it's worth the $10. It's nothing amazing but it's a fun (theoretically) co-op shooter. Levels could do with being a bit shorter but I'm enjoying what's there.

Oh, and there's only five maps? Could see them offering more as DLC (assuming this is profitable enough to warrant that) since five 30-minute long maps isn't that much. But with the randomized elements thing'll be good for a bit. And odds are you won't beat the boss on each of the five maps your first time through. And this is all on the easiest difficulty!

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Strangely, no, unless the game is being obtuse again and I just don't see it. I can't see any options for private match, locked private slots or anything like that. There's only quick match and create match, and the only options in create is level and difficulty.

And, yeah, there's no singleplayer option at all. The only way to play is via the above two options.

Yeah, that is the big one. The worst part is that the dodge is almost entirely useless, since it's so slow. I like to think I have some decent reactions but I don't think I've ever successfully dodged an attack. The enemies are WAY faster than you are.

I'm done for the night but I'll likely be on this game all weekend.

You can definitely do single player but I'm not sure about private game. To play single player you can just go to custom match and select the difficulty/level and select 'Ready' That's basically single player mode.

I'm not sure if this would work or not but on the main screen before selecting Quick Match/Custom match you can invite people into your party. Now maybe you can invite your friends and then select custom match and bring everyone along.

I can't try on the PC version though as not a single person I know is playing it lol.

I like God Mode.

I'd say it's easy to describe it as Serious Sam + Gears of War. There's no cover system but you do generally move fairly slowly from a third-person perspective except you have a sprint and dodge which are similar to the roadie run and the Gears of War rolls.

But shooting enemies feels pretty good. Skeletons explode nicely. So far I only have the starting SMG and shotgun and I find the shotgun pretty much worthless. Maybe it's better once you upgrade it but for now it's garbage.

Also, the game is definitely just a shooting grindfest. This is where multiplayer would likely improve it as I've only been playing solo. I was able to reach the boss on my second attempt in the Fortress area (I think that's what it was called?) I like how the areas progress through multiple arenas and offer some good variety in them. The Dark Mage I fought was a real turd and I could only get him down to half his health since I entered his arena with no spare lives.

It does suck that once you get game over that you lose out on the extra bonuses (30,000 gold would be SO nice). But that second match where I improved and reached the boss was enough to give me one whole level so that was good.

The random elements are really what makes it interesting. My first round I had it tough by first getting Titan so enemies were larger and stronger. That sucks for your very first time playing. I got through them and the next modifier was that my ammo drained so I had to pick up more ammo than I normally would need to run around and grab (and you will be doing a LOT of running and grabbing ammo, health, and shields).

My second time around was a bit smoother. I got the draining ammo to start things off and then got lightweight. It said enemies were light as a feather. I honestly have no idea what it did though I'm assuming my SMGs would have little effect and larger explosive weapons might wreak havoc on that one. I then got dwarf enemies that were weaker and lastly had bombs dropping from the sky while trying to fight the boss.

I dig it. I think it's worth the $10. It's nothing amazing but it's a fun (theoretically) co-op shooter. Levels could do with being a bit shorter but I'm enjoying what's there.

Oh, and there's only five maps? Could see them offering more as DLC (assuming this is profitable enough to warrant that) since five 30-minute long maps isn't that much. But with the randomized elements thing'll be good for a bit. And odds are you won't beat the boss on each of the five maps your first time through. And this is all on the easiest difficulty!

Montresor

Damn Quarrel. I am such a huge, shameless cheater. Almost the whole 200/200 in this game is going to be me using an anagram generator.

Fun game either way. toythatkills, did you post at 360a.org under the same username about getting the 200/200 without cheating? If so, good on you! That's really impressive.

Damn Quarrel. I am such a huge, shameless cheater. Almost the whole 200/200 in this game is going to be me using an anagram generator.

Fun game either way. toythatkills, did you post at 360a.org under the same username about getting the 200/200 without cheating? If so, good on you! That's really impressive.

Hah, yeah, that was me. I doubt there's many people that will manage it legit, I still have nightmares about Kali.

Restart. Restart. Restart. Resta...

Slygmous

I'm going to buy one of the games I've been waiting on to fill out the punch card, which is the most essential out of these two?

Terraria
Battleblock Theater

I enjoyed both demos to an extent, but initially decided to wait on sales for both. Battleblock looks like it could get repetitive, and Terraria had difficult controls and combat. Any opinions?

I'm going to buy one of the games I've been waiting on to fill out the punch card, which is the most essential out of these two?

Terraria
Battleblock Theater

I enjoyed both demos to an extent, but initially decided to wait on sales for both. Battleblock looks like it could get repetitive, and Terraria had difficult controls and combat. Any opinions?

I can only note that while Terraria is awkward at first it's simply a learning curve. Within thirty minutes to an hour I've had very little problem doing anything I mean to do with the controls. But when you first sit down with it you'll be uncomfortable until you put some time into it.

Terraria
Battleblock Theater

It depends which one most of your friends are playing, I'd say.

If it's a tie, just get Terraria on PC in the next Steam sale for like $2.

Slygmous

I can only note that while Terraria is awkward at first it's simply a learning curve. Within thirty minutes to an hour I've had very little problem doing anything I mean to do with the controls. But when you first sit down with it you'll be uncomfortable until you put some time into it.
I'm certainly leaning towards this more than Battleblock. The demo had me feeling quite directionless, but I had that initially with Minecraft too.

It depends which one most of your friends are playing, I'd say.

If it's a tie, just get Terraria on PC in the next Steam sale for like $2.
Funnily enough, I own Terraria on Steam already, but I can rarely use my PC for games so I've hardly touched it.

I'm certainly leaning towards this more than Battleblock. The demo had me feeling quite directionless, but I had that initially with Minecraft too.

Funnily enough, I own Terraria on Steam already, but I can rarely use my PC for games so I've hardly touched it.

It actually helps to go through the tutorial and to talk to the guide. I wasn't really sure what to do for awhile because I didn't really do either and tried to sort some stuff out on my own. Turns out that my first thirty minutes was mostly wasted because I didn't realize how important cutting down trees to get wood would be, heh. I'm at a point that I mostly feel like I'm wandering around aimlessly so I finally looked online to see what I'm suggested to do next.

Has there been anything worth getting since Mark of the Ninja came out?

Well, naturally a lot of stuff. And it all depends on your tastes. Here's a list of decent to great titles in order of release. Some of these aren't well liked by all but generally they have their fans. I'm also not including any compilations or anything of that sort. And this isn't everything so others can chip in or whatever.

Double Dragon Neon - 66
Joe Danger 2: The Movie - 82
Jet Set Radio - 70
Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit - 70
Guilty Gear ^ Core Plus - 72
Pid - 63
Karateka - 60
The Cave - 70
Skulls of the Shogun
Bit Trip Presents Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - 88
Terraria - 80
BattleBlock Theater - 81
Motocross Madness - 75
God Mode

Hell Yeah! was on sale for half off. I don't think it is any longer. And even though Guilty Gear is a port I love the games so I included it. I guess the same goes for Jet Set Radio.

Terraria, BattleBlock Theater, and Skulls of the Shogun are probably the best reviewed of the bunch? I didn't check but I think they would be.

Edit: Got curious and checked. Runner 2 actually has the best Metacritic score with 88. The other three I mentioned were 80+.

And there, just added scores for each. Check out demos since all games should have them. Or ask about any in particular to get some individual opinions here.

Axis

So I only have 410 points left. What game would you guys recommend out of the sales of the week? I played BC:Rearmed on ps3 when it first released and enjoyed it but I can't remember if I ever beat it.

So I only have 410 points left. What game would you guys recommend out of the sales of the week? I played BC:Rearmed on ps3 when it first released and enjoyed it but I can't remember if I ever beat it.

You have three options other than Bionic Commando. I'd personally rank them

Geometry Wars 2
Black Knight Sword
Warhammer: Kill Team

The last two I haven't played but I bought Black Knight Sword the other day because it interests me more than Kill Team. I think Kill Team is supposed to be playable but nothing special to it at all.

Axis

You have three options other than Bionic Commando. I'd personally rank them

Geometry Wars 2
Black Knight Sword
Warhammer: Kill Team

The last two I haven't played but I bought Black Knight Sword the other day because it interests me more than Kill Team. I think Kill Team is supposed to be playable but nothing special to it at all.

BKS seems interesting at least because of Suda51 but I don't buy points very often so I may hold off til something like Guardian Heroes goes on sell or some shit.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
BKS seems interesting at least because of Suda51 but I don't buy points very often so I may hold off til something like Guardian Heroes goes on sell or some shit.

Guardian Heroes dropped to the criminally cheap price of 400 points So, buy away!.

Slygmous

Guardian Heroes is 400 points permanently now, and worth a lot more than that.

It actually helps to go through the tutorial and to talk to the guide. I wasn't really sure what to do for awhile because I didn't really do either and tried to sort some stuff out on my own. Turns out that my first thirty minutes was mostly wasted because I didn't realize how important cutting down trees to get wood would be, heh. I'm at a point that I mostly feel like I'm wandering around aimlessly so I finally looked online to see what I'm suggested to do next.

I bought it, and spent the last 3 hours messing around. I do appreciate that it's not as harsh as Minecraft when it comes to dying, I only lost some money. I have 2 houses (with statues) and a gold sword, going well so far :)
Having major inventory space issues though.

Guardian Heroes is 400 points permanently now, and worth a lot more than that.

I bought it, and spent the last 3 hours messing around. I do appreciate that it's not as harsh as Minecraft when it comes to dying, I only lost some money. I have 2 houses (with statues) and a gold sword, going well so far :)
Having major inventory space issues though.

If you aren't already aware you can take chests with you after you empty them by hitting them with a hammer and then store stuff in your place. I now have like nine chests spread around and have started sorting what each is for. It's pretty handy. Also, you can sell stuff to your merchant once he moves in. That also has helped a lot.

BKS is a curio more than a game. The music and sound direction is amazing, the visuals and the weirdness are interesting, the gameplay pretty much sucks.

zorbsie

Having a blast with God Mode. Love the random effects it adds to the arenas. Every playthrough feels unique. Still haven't finished a level on my own. But playing random quick matches, I've been able to finish a couple sessions on silver difficulty. It's a shame my friends don't seem to like the game. I see myself spending much more time with this game.

Top Bottom