• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBone share your Skydrive Videos!

Wow I am so impressed with skydrive! it is so easy to share your content.

Video clip I just made:
http://sdrv.ms/17DPjb6

Now MS just needs to get their content sharing functionality up to speed on the XBone.

Toss the Y button into your comboing more after you initiate the initial sword attack. You will combo much better. Great quality video, though. :)

That's why they were dodging or blocking you so much.

The Cowboy

Nice, I had no idea you could share media this easily on SkyDrive.

Just tried it on my Widows 8 and uploaded a video, then used shared to create a link to it and it works so nicely.

Blueblur1

FYI, I can see some of you guys' real names. If privacy is a concern you might want to change what entry you have in whatever name field SkyDrive is using.

Decided to upload a short clip and test the limits of SkyDrive on web browsers. I've concluded the following:

• The player doesn't play M2TS files. MP4s work, however.
  • The maximum bitrate my editor (PowerDirector 12) allows for 720p video works with the web player.
  • Videos at 60 fps play flawlessly. I was skeptical after seeing KI uploads at 30 fps. Upload Studio might be pushing down the frame rate, which is odd because frame rate doesn't impact file size.
  • In my experience the player doesn't work on Firefox 25.0.1 even with Silverlight installed.
  • Uploading via a web browser is much quicker than doing it through Windows Explorer or the Windows 8 app.
Here is the final video: http://sdrv.ms/1aXxLnf -- It's a 1 minute 54 second clip at 26 Mbps, so keep in mind your bandwidth and the need to buffer. The file size is 359 MB. You have been warned.

Oh, my name is Carlito Cabada Jr. and I don't care about my internet privacy that much. Hi everyone! :D

Decided to upload a short clip and test the limits of Skydrive on web browsers. I've concluded the following:

• The maximum bitrate my editor (PowerDirector 12) allows for 720p video works with the web player.
  • Videos at 60 fps play flawlessly. I was skeptical after seeing KI uploads at 30 fps. Upload Studio might be pushing down the frame rate, which is odd because frame rate doesn't impact file size.
  • In my experience the player doesn't work on Firefox 25.0.1 even with Silverlight installed.
  • Uploading via a web browser is much quicker than doing it through Windows Explorer or the Windows 8 app.
Here is the final video: http://sdrv.ms/1aXxLnf -- It's a 1 minute 54 second clip at 26 Mbps, so keep in mind your bandwidth and the need to buffer. The file size is 359 MB. You have been warned.

Oh, my name is Carlito Cabada Jr. and I don't care about my internet privacy that much. Hi everyone! :D

How were you able to capture/upload at that high bitrate?

How were you able to capture/upload at that high bitrate?

For this video, I use an AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable on my PS3 via component and capture at 60 Mbps. The device lowers it to the optimal uncompressed bitrate and I edit the resulting video in PowerDirector. As for uploading, Skydrive is built into Windows 8.1, but I did it through the web browser.

For this video, I use an AVerMedia Live Gamer Portable on my PS3 via component and capture at 60 Mbps. The device lowers it to the optimal uncompressed bitrate and I edit the resulting video in PowerDirector. As for uploading, Skydrive is built into Windows 8.1, but I did it through the web browser.

Ah so not an upload studio option to capture/upload at higher bitrate :p

vazel

Banned
Decided to upload a short clip and test the limits of SkyDrive on web browsers. I've concluded the following:

Does SkyDrive work with ShadowPlay video? I can see this being an awesome site to stream 60fps videos.

Edit: I tested it and it works but SkyDrive is slow at buffering the high ShadowPlay bitrates.
Edit2: I forgot SkyDrive is limited to 2GB files which would limit its usefulness for high bitrate ShadowPlay video. That's a little over five minutes of high quality ShadowPlay video which is ok for sharing highlight clips.

Scott667

Is there a way to change the quality of the clips that you are watching (like in youtube). My internet connection isn't strong enough to stream HD video, and needing to wait for it to buffer is a pain. I'd easily trade the quality for convenience.

Dukey

Banned
This is much better than the crap I'm getting out of the Share button videos. Maybe I'm missing a quality setting somewhere, but I can't find one.

Top Bottom