• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Achievements are like the greatest things ever...

hyp

Stinkles said:
They also have the fabulous knock on benefit of allowing us to expose the worst GAF phenomenon: Trolls who claim they own and have played a game when they don't even have the system.

QFT. or those gaffers who say they're hardcore/elite in a game, yet have no skill whatsoever.

hyp

Spinning Plates said:
After playing some CoD2 and getting owned by a very good player I decided to check their gamerscore and no surprise then they had 1000 points. They had also fully completed Condemned (970 pts) which takes some doing with all the things you have to find and collect.

What's the highest Gamerscore you have come across so far?

8100 by some dude named crono117. guy seems to dedicate his life to getting all the gamerpoints possible. props though.

pj

Banned
Spinning Plates said:
After playing some CoD2 and getting owned by a very good player I decided to check their gamerscore and no surprise then they had 1000 points. They had also fully completed Condemned (970 pts) which takes some doing with all the things you have to find and collect.

What's the highest Gamerscore you have come across so far?

http://gamercard.xbox.com/NikeUnlimited.card

not mine

Belfast

As someone said earlier in the thread - this is a lot like bringing back the old days of getting a "high score" in arcade games. It's an extremely satisfying accomplishment to be number one, that's for sure. But since arcade traffic has died down considerably, there isn't much competition to be found there. Xbox Live, as it is now, is literally like a virtual arcade. I looovveee it!

sangreal

LakeEarth said:
WTF? I was comparing my gamercard to the guy at the top of that list... why the hell is there Quake 2 on his list?

good question. he doesnt have any of the achievements though

does it come w/ q4 or something?

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Cerebral Palsy said:
SnowWolf. He still hasn't created a black pearl in Hexic :p

http://www.ga-forum.com/showthread.php?t=74574&highlight=pearl

Woah, I didn't know about I got called out about this. I was just confused about the terms, I thought "black pearl" meant creating a flower out of one color and subsequently getting that black piece.

EDIT: Turns out that piece was silver. My bad, I've only played the game twice so my memory's not that great when it comes to Hexic. :p

Drey1082

Everyone on my friends list with Madden already has well over 1000 points due to the 30 seasons glitch. We all know that the points system, while a good idea, is going to be all about cheaters and glitch finders. But it is fun to compare with non cheating friends.

PhatSaqs

Banned
SnowWolf said:
Woah, I didn't know about I got called out about this. I was just confused about the terms, I thought "black pearl" meant creating a flower out of one color and subsequently getting that black piece.

EDIT: Turns out that piece was silver. My bad, I've only played the game twice so my memory's not that great when it comes to Hexic. :p
Classic :lol :lol :lol :lol

LakeEarth

Drey1082 said:
Everyone on my friends list with Madden already has well over 1000 points due to the 30 seasons glitch. We all know that the points system, while a good idea, is going to be all about cheaters and glitch finders. But it is fun to compare with non cheating friends.
Wait, OVER 1000? That's possible?

Kobold

half-wit retard monkey's ass
Those Quake 2 achievements don't give points.

I have 4500 points, no glitching, 10 games played.

Fifty

Drey1082 said:

What are you talking about?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:

Yea I'd like to know what Drey is talking about too :\

I'm pretty sure he means that any of his friends with Madden have 1,000 points easy from playing madden. But thats nothing, NBA 2k6 gives you insane gamer points instantly as well. Not a glitch, just easy to get thats all.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
iceDragon7 said:
I'm pretty sure he means that any of his friends with Madden have 1,000 points easy from playing madden. But thats nothing, NBA 2k6 gives you insane gamer points instantly as well. Not a glitch, just easy to get thats all.

I have madden and I'm on his friends list or atleast hes on mine and I havent hit 1,000 points in Madden yet.Havent even completed my first franchise season,let alone 30 or won a superbowl :lol,I hate the game
:(

Sullichin

I can tell that the achievements will keep me playing games through comprehensively. PDZ, for example, has different achievements for most of the multiplayer modes (CTF, Territories, killcount, plus the darkops modes).. I was playing a couple of games just to get them :lol

It's such an awesome addition.

Matrix said:
I have madden and I'm on his friends list or atleast hes on mine and I havent hit 1,000 points in Madden yet.Havent even completed my first franchise season,let alone 30 or won a superbowl :lol,I hate the game
:(

Yeah I have 10 more years to go in my Franchise before I'm done with my 30 year franchise and give the game away to ColdBlooded. I hope it kills his 360. Shh don't tell him I said this. :D

Matrix

iceDragon7 said:
Yeah I have 10 more years to go in my Franchise before I'm done with my 30 year franchise and give the game away to ColdBlooded. I hope it kills his 360. Shh don't tell him I said this. :D

Coldblooded,you reading this buddy? :lol

Drey1082

Fifty said:

I don't mean over 1000 just from madden. I mean a lot of people on my friends list have over 1000 due to having the 1000 in that game already, and a few other points from other games.

Rhindle said:
It also would be nice if the number of points associated with achievements was visible in advance. You can get that information now by comparing to another player who has the achievements unlocked, so it seems silly to hide the numbers initially.

You can in every game I've played except for Kameo (and maybe Condemned - I can't recall right this second). Hit the guide button on your controller, select your gamerpic and points, go to view games, pick the game, and then pick the achievement.

brokenwatch said:
You can in every game I've played except for Kameo (and maybe Condemned - I can't recall right this second). Hit the guide button on your controller, select your gamerpic and points, go to view games, pick the game, and then pick the achievement.

Dude, the only way you can tell the value of a achievment you dont currently have is if you check someone else's gamecard and if they have it than you can see the value, but on some games you wont even know WHAT that achievemnt is untill you get it youtr self. All you'll see in there game card is like 20 points for 'secret'

Although I dont know for sure if this is true if you look at your game card on xbox.com.

~Black Deatha

I just told you how to do it. :) Try it on PGR3, Geometry Wars, Perfect Dark Zero, or Call of Duty 2. There are also some games that have secret achievements (that do *not* show the points or sometimes even the name of the achievement) like Kameo and possibly Condemned. I think the majority do.

jedimike

You can see the achievement details and the points associated with that achievement by doing what brokenwatch says. The only thing you can't see is the picture. DOA4 has a ton of secret ones though, where you won't see anything.

Top Bottom