• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 SUPER LEAK DAY - Miitoos, ActivisLOL, Lips, Conker se--j/klol, Forza 3

Dirk Shmiggler said:
you guys are like a school of pirhanas, all getting a nibble from the cow that is intellisponse:lol

I hope everyone involved still has their job tomorrow. Seriously, that would be shitty, it's not national secrets or anything....

I guess i'm naive.

These people fucked up badly.

Remember, the original leak is what lead to all this. Some idiot couldn't keep the secret about avatars, and through that, a whole pool of shit, from various companies, has been leaked to the gaf-masses.

I'm actually wondering about some of this cell phone shit...as a gamer, I could care less, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of this stuff was actually quite big without us knowing.

Hero

Stumpokapow said:
Why are you assuming that "Wii Yoga" is a first-party title?

Probably because Nintendo won't allow anyone else to use "Wii" in the game title? Unless there's a monumental effort or background deal going on (i.e. Mario and Sonic at the Olympics).

Kafel

Banned
airborn said:
I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be Bizarre's next title.

It sounds like something those guys would do.

Since the stuff there is mainly from Activision ...

FFChris said:
Even by MSs current standards I can hardly see them having avatars and a karaoke game as their main show features.

Forza 3 was a bit slip, no doubt about it, but we all knew it was coming eventually. There will definitely be more than this.

I guess these people that think MS conference is ruined now don't care about Gears 2, Alan Wake, Fable, Rare games, Halo Wars, Peter Jackson Halo, new Bungie, Ninja Blade (Okay, this is just a rumor, but whatever), Left 4 Dead, etc etc etc...

And one more time : NEWTON people, NEWTON! I feel that Microsoft is going to take the plunge, and when they do, we won't even remember fucking avatars....:lol

Hero said:
Probably because Nintendo won't allow anyone else to use "Wii" in the game title? Unless there's a monumental effort or background deal going on (i.e. Mario and Sonic at the Olympics).

I never realized that. This is a very good point.

Liara T'Soni said:
I guess these people that think MS conference is ruined now don't care about Gears 2, Alan Wake, Fable, Rare games, Halo Wars, Peter Jackson Halo, new Bungie, Ninja Blade (Okay, this is just a rumor, but whatever), Left 4 Dead, etc etc etc...

And one more time : NEWTON people, NEWTON! I feel that Microsoft is going to take the plunge, and when they do, we won't even remember fucking avatars....:lol

And don't forget METAL GEAR SOLID 4.

I'm kidding of course.

lol

nbcjr

Liara T'Soni said:
These people fucked up badly.

Remember, the original leak is what lead to all this. Some idiot couldn't keep the secret about avatars, and through that, a whole pool of shit, from various companies, has been leaked to the gaf-masses.

I'm actually wondering about some of this cell phone shit...as a gamer, I could care less, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of this stuff was actually quite big without us knowing.

what cell phone stuff

nbcjr said:
what cell phone stuff

The new Microsoft Zunephone................................or not, lol.

Just a bunch of cell phone marketing shit scattered in there. I didn't personally see anything mind blowing, but who knows, there was a lot of stuff on price policies and the like.

I'm just saying...this company let the cat out of the bag on a lot of shit.

harSon said:
How does it hurt them as a company? It's not like information being leaked is going to force them to cancel these projects and close up shop.

Never said anything like that. If anything, the leak probably won't cause the explosions of happiness that Microsoft would be expecting at their conference. Of course there will be other information in E3 that could surprise us, but my intuition says that some of the leaks here may have dampened their conference already.

Why are you assuming that "Wii Yoga" is a first-party title?

Most likely it is, considering it has Wii in the title...

jonnybryce said:
I never realized that. This is a very good point.

And don't forget METAL GEAR SOLID 4.

I'm kidding of course.

lol

Did he get banned for this? C'mon mods, that couldn't have been more in jest.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Liara T'Soni said:

The guy who leaked the first thing to X360F said he received it as an unsolicited email from survey spot, which he did not sign up for. He's totally in the clear. The company is stupid for not NDAing participants in all the surveys and for making such a basic security error.

Hero said:

It seems far more likely that "Wii Yoga" is a placeholder title used for the purposes of focus groups / surveys than
a) Nintendo uses a service they've never used before
b) Nintendo focus groups a new 1st party title in the US
c) Nintendo release a first party title whose main appeal is identical to another first party title they released this year, and that they're promoting with a record budget.
d) This is the only title Nintendo is focus testing with this organization.
e) Nintendo would do all of this without trademarking or registering the domain name for this product.

It really makes no sense at all to undercut Wii Fit with a product that is functionally identical in its appeal to the target demographic.

Stumpokapow said:
The guy who leaked the first thing to X360F said he received it as an unsolicited email from survey spot, which he did not sign up for. He's totally in the clear. The company is stupid for not NDAing participants in all the surveys and for making such a basic security error.

Thats what I meant, I wasn't trying to diss the x360f guy, he's a damned hero...:lol :lol

The leaking of the avatar shouldn't have happened by itself. But all this other crap is just icing on the cake.

flipping_heck said:
Never said anything like that. If anything, the leak probably won't cause the explosions of happiness that Microsoft would be expecting at their conference. Of course there will be other information in E3 that could surprise us, but my intuition says that some of the leaks here may have dampened their conference already

The only people E3 will be "ruined" for is the hardcore industry watcher. Everyone else will be either "oh that sounds cool" or not, regardless of whether they hear it from a friend, see it on TV or in a magazine or load up their 360 and see it as new info on their dashboard/marketplace/

Was he banned for that? Kojima himself has said that ports of MGS4 are possible outright, if I remember correctly. And it's not as if that post could be rigidly defined as trolling.

Talamius

Magik said:
Wait, what?

Spiderman vs Marvel Zombies? Spiderman IS one of the Marvel Zombies.

As I recall Magneto was actually the last "living" being on Earth, not counting the Acolytes. At least until Wasp owned him.

Zenith

Banned
Slayven said:
To a lot of people PC and monitor are terms that are interchangeable.

I was thinking Trioxide might be some sort of device that streams the video output of the console to your PC and your PC's control inputs back to it. so you'd still need a computer and not just a monitor to use it.

bigmakstudios said:
Was he banned for that? Kojima himself has said that ports of MGS4 are possible outright, if I remember correctly. And it's not as if that post could be rigidly defined as trolling.

Umm, it's somewhere in the "dont" of this forum. No jokes about MGS4 being in other system for people tend to go beserk and create new threads about it with countless (100s of pages) of useless discussion and unwanted banning.

That said, you're wrong.

Talamius

FFChris said:
Even by MSs current standards I can hardly see them having avatars and a karaoke game as their main show features.

In a pre-Wii world I'd agree. Now, however, they get a month or so of "Wii-too" ridicule from the mainstream.

bryehn

BLaZiN PRopHeT said:
The information only hurts them when it comes to internet people like US. the general public who will be watch E3 on F4 and other places have no idea of the leaks.

All this stuff will be on X-Play tomorrow I bet.

Hero

Stumpokapow said:
It seems far more likely that "Wii Yoga" is a placeholder title used for the purposes of focus groups / surveys than
a) Nintendo uses a service they've never used before
b) Nintendo focus groups a new 1st party title in the US
c) Nintendo release a first party title whose main appeal is identical to another first party title they released this year, and that they're promoting with a record budget.
d) This is the only title Nintendo is focus testing with this organization.
e) Nintendo would do all of this without trademarking or registering the domain name for this product.

It really makes no sense at all to undercut Wii Fit with a product that is functionally identical in its appeal to the target demographic.

Oh, absolutely, I agree that 'Wii Yoga' is an actual Nintendo developed title. I was merely arguing that if Wii Yoga did exist it would have to be a Nintendo developed title. I also doubt people who have Wii Fit would buy Wii Yoga anyway. It's redundant.

theBishop

Banned
I hope Microsoft does more with the "Mii" concept than Nintendo has.

Its unfortunate they didn't at least go with a different art style or something, MiiToo indeed.

FightyF

Banned
Forza 3...outsourcing car and track models to India confirmed, heheh. That is a LOT of content. If they are so keen in doing that, it would be odd to not have interiors.

Some of this info is true though...like that XNA stuff. Maybe it was added to give this all some credibility (if this was indeed manufactured), or maybe this info is indeed true.

Jammy said:
Microsoft's got a few cool things. I like the sound of Lips, and Forza Motorsport 3 sounds great, but Avatars just seem like a desperate "Mii Too."

How about "Mii Two"? It works on a few levels.

clashfan said:
MS seems to make a big push for the causal crowded this e3.

Currently I'm skeptical...but if the 360 can hit a mass market price like the Wii...and include a motion controller at no extra cost, and include a fun motion controller game...

Then they have would have perhaps pulled off a "Subway" and taken away the competitive advantage from the competition (ie. "Quiznos"). Of course, a large part of this is how addictive and fun those motion controller games are.

But nevermind the possibility of a Wiimote ripoff...getting all these casual games out, along with a price drop, could do a lot.

schuelma said:
This makes absolutely no sense to me.

My guess is that just like Guitar Hero comes with a guitar...this Tony Hawk game will come with it's own specialized device. I think something more like SEGA's Top Skater arcade device would be sweet. Of course, it would have to be designed with safety in mind.

Hunahan said:
While the leaks are kind of funny, there isn't a single thing on that list that actually appeals to me. And that kind of sucks.

Which makes sense. MS only really needs surveys for things that are big question marks. The Wii itself was a big questionmark prior to its release. Games like Gear of War 2 aren't going to be listed on here, because as sales and Live play have demonstrated, people love it.

flipping_heck said:
My intuition says that some of Microsoft's 'aces' were the avatars, Lips and Forza3. (and maybe the waggle wand or Trioxide).

Maybe. Maybe not. Clearly these surveys are out for the more riskier projects (though I don't know why Forza 3 is there), and not for games like Alan Wake, or Gears of War 2. And don't forget those SBGs, that could be a big thing if marketed right (ie. if every game show asked you to play along on your Xbox 360).

shagg_187 said:

Umm, it's somewhere in the "dont" of this forum. No jokes about MGS4 being in other system for people tend to go beserk and create new threads about it with countless (100s of pages) of useless discussion and unwanted banning.

That said, you're wrong.

ah, ok. I thought it was only forbidden if it was used for the purpose of trolling. I didn't really see anything wrong with hypothesizing. But if you want to see what I'm referring to though, skip to 2:58 in this video: http://www.gamespot.com/video/926596/6192361/videoplayerpop?rgroup=mgs4_videos&ont_override=13454
In response to the question, "Do you see MGS4 moving onto other platforms?" he said, "My biggest mission was to create MGS4 for the PS3 and I have to sit down and think about what I want to do for other platforms after this, when the game is released." He then went on to talk about the cell and yada yada yada, how it's more powerful and what not, how it could only be accomplished on the PS3, but then said he's thinking about how he could "change this around for other platforms".
Ambiguous, but he definitely says it as if it's a very real possibility. If it happens, it'll be discussed anyway. I don't see the point in getting angry about it.

Concept17

REV 09 said:
as a long time MS fan, none of this info interests me. It's disgusting how the wii has found its way into xbox live. I pay to not have to deal with this shit.

Indeed. Heres hoping Sony doesn't do anything in similar fashion.

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
batbeg said:
I HAVE HIT THE FUCKING MOTHERLOAD!

Bill Nye the Science Guy's Science Lab, coming to Wii at $39.99 complete with waggle science! :D

Is there a reason no one is posting the paragraphs that describe some of these games? I know that not all of them are as significant as the "Miitoo" Avatars, but eventually this website will be locked down and we won't have access anymore. So, in order to retain this moment for posterity, here are a few Wii game details that haven't been discussed much yet:

Craig Jensen said:
In the game "Bill Nye the Science Guy's Science Lab" perform experiments alongside famous science-guru, Bill Nye the Science Guy. Listen to Bill's science tips and tricks as you use your Wii Remote to pour and mix ingredients into your chemistry concoctions. Learn how to build erupting volcanoes, transform pennies to gold, create glowing creatures, and more. Challenge your friends to experiment competitions where you'll race to see who can solve the science puzzle first. The science lab has never been more fun and interactive! Price: $39.99 for Nintendo Wii.
It sounds kind of like Cooking Mama Only Instead of Cooking Mama It's Bill Nye The Science Guy (that will be the final title, I'm guessing). Link

Craig Jensen said:
In the game "Mensa Workout" put your brain into training answering a variety of questions in a number of tests developed by the prestigious Mensa Society. Every test is engineered to keep your brain fit! Flex your mental muscles with brain-buster questions that range from word scrambles, hang man and crosswords, to mathematics, problem solving and deciphering codes. Bring your mental workout with you and build your IQ in daily, weekly and bi-weekly routines that keep your brain in shape. Do you have the smarts to outwit the Mensa Workout? Price: $29.99 for Nintendo Wii
Link

Craig Jensen said:
In "Animal Planet's Emergency Vet", play as a neighborhood veterinarian where you will be faced with the challenge of treating and curing a variety of sick house pets that need urgent care. You will need to quickly and correctly diagnose their ailments and provide proper medical attention including surgery, IV's, sedatives, injections, blood tests, medication and more. Nurture and pamper the animals back to full health and experience the joy of their grateful owners. Price: $39.99 for Wii, $29.99 for NDS, $19.99 for PC.
I like how the Wii version is twice as much as the PC version. Link

Craig Jensen said:
In the game "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition", you are in charge of turning a rundown house into a dream home. In a Race against time using the motion-sensing Wii controller knock down walls, hammer in nails, paint rooms and more in an effort to complete your design and construction project before an unsuspecting family arrives to see what you've just created. With help and tips from expert decorators make the right choices to change the lives of deserving families forever. Compete and have fun against family and friends to see who can build and create the ultimate dream home. Price: $39.99 for Wii, $29.99 for NDS
I'd have never guessed this show would end up as a video game. What's next? "What Not to Wear: Point and Click at Poor Fashion"? Link

Craig Jensen said:
In the game "Gossip Girl", spend a semester fraternizing with the glamorous socialites of Manhattan's Upper East Side at an elite private school. Explore the hippest social hot spots of New York City and attend the most fashionable parties. Shop in the trendiest boutiques of the fashion district and customize your character's appearance. Gain entry into exclusive social cliques where you'll make or break relationships with popular girls and date the most desirable boys while you build up your social status. Read the Gossip Girl Blog and see how the choices you make become part of the complex world of shifting friendships, jealousies and scandals. Price: $39.99 for Wii, $29.99 for NDS
Hardcore gaming is not dead on the Wii, and this game proves it. Link

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
LJ11 said:
Agent Icebeezy: Mattrick has put the fear of God into everyone, you won't see leaks going forward.

I'm just poking fun.

I don't think this is Microsoft's fault. This is a marketing company's fault as it has more than just Microsoft stuff here. They should handle this shit inhouse. So, as it stands, this didn't come from Redmond, this is another's fuck up.

Slavik81

GenericPseudonym said:
Forza sounds awesome, as do the avatars, plus an implied price drop. It all sounds good to me.
You're right. Perhaps I overreacted.
The fugly mii things just remind me of those ads for emotions that yell at you, though. Annoying crap.

The rest is positive. It just doesn't manage to overpower my disgust with the first thing I saw when I opened the page.

arne

Concept17 said:
Indeed. Heres hoping Sony doesn't do anything in similar fashion.

Yeah, there's no way Sony would introduce customizable 3-d avatars into their system...

oh wait...

Elios83

Fortunately for the companies involved nothing really important was leaked although it would have been funny if something major like details on the new motion control pad were released one month before the time.

theBishop

Banned
Concept17 said:
Home is far more than simply having an avatar.
istockphoto_365352_trap.jpg

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Dirk Shmiggler said:
you guys are like a school of pirhanas, all getting a nibble from the cow that is intellisponse:lol

I hope everyone involved still has their job tomorrow. Seriously, that would be shitty, it's not national secrets or anything....

I guess i'm naive.
Well, they're using a version of web server software (v5.0) which is about 7-8 yrs old now and probably no longer supported by the vendor IBM/Lotus who currently has version 8.0 out. Besides that, the method they're using for storing the files predates even that old version of the web server software. Not to mention the fact that they didn't close an obvious security hole that any decent Domino developer would have told them about.

I'm amazed they haven't had a problem before this. Honestly, they had it coming.

arne

Concept17 said:
Home is far more than simply having an avatar.

So are Miis. Don't try to differentiate it, the foundation and premise are the same, the executions are different. It's all ok, things will be good, just get over it.

Dirtbag

I guess I should have expected the reaction from gaf, but the Mii thing doesn't really suprsise me at all.. Nor does it bother me. It's the least interesting thing about the wii you can copy.
When somebody unveils their waggle wand, then I expect some serious "ripoffs"

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Kind of happy for a Civil War themed Ultimate Alliance 2.

I'm just waiting for the Annihilation version, though.

FoneBone

Looks like the Activision stuff, at least, has been taken down. So how many Spider-Man games were on there in total? At least some of them have to have just been pitches.

Top Bottom