• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 SUPER LEAK DAY - Miitoos, ActivisLOL, Lips, Conker se--j/klol, Forza 3

Ranger X

What the fuck is the industry becoming?

They all look like a bunch of vision-less idiots!!
Sony coming with a Wii Remote like controller and Microsoft coming up with Miis?

WTF, this can't be real. This shittyness can't happen for real. They simply don't get it.

Kewk

Banned
Ranger X said:

Sony coming with a Wii Remote like controller and Microsoft coming up with Miis?

WTF, this can't be real. This shittyness can't happen for real. They simply don't get it.

Hi, welcome to life. There is nothing going on that hasn't been going on in this industry since the beginning and every other industry in existence.

You can say "they" don't get it all day and all night but "we" are still buying everything that is being put out. Record year after record year this industry is sure as hell making a lot of money doing things the wrong way...

mj1108

Ranger X said:

It's what's been happening now for awhile in the industry: when something gets hot, you do everything to cash in on it with your own "version" of it until it's milked to death and wait for the next big thing to come along.

Kewk said:
Hi, welcome to life. There is nothing going on that hasn't been going on in this industry since the beginning and every other industry in existence.

You can say "they" don't get it all day and all night but "we" are still buying everything that is being put out. Record year after record year this industry is sure as hell making a lot of money doing things the wrong way...

Yep. Most GAFians don't realise games is a business, same as any other

Metaphoreus said:
Is there a reason no one is posting the paragraphs that describe some of these games? I know that not all of them are as significant as the "Miitoo" Avatars, but eventually this website will be locked down and we won't have access anymore. So, in order to retain this moment for posterity, here are a few Wii game details that haven't been discussed much yet:

It sounds kind of like Cooking Mama Only Instead of Cooking Mama It's Bill Nye The Science Guy (that will be the final title, I'm guessing). Link

Link

I like how the Wii version is twice as much as the PC version. Link

I'd have never guessed this show would end up as a video game. What's next? "What Not to Wear: Point and Click at Poor Fashion"? Link

Hardcore gaming is not dead on the Wii, and this game proves it. Link

There was more.

There was a hunting game, and some sort of workout game as well.

Edit :
Cabelas Sportsmens Challenge
Jillian Michaels Fitness Boot Camp

farnham

Banned
Ranger X said:

funny how they think that they can trump nintendo by mimicking them

it sad.. and really it demonstrates how, at least sony, has done business in the past

clashfan said:
Indeed! I'm glad Sony only comes up with original ideals...

Like sixaxis.. oh wait

Elios83

Ranger X said:

That's pretty standard practice in the industry.
If you don't lead the market you're forced to follow it. Sony and Microsoft aren't leading in the casual business, they have to follow the lead to try to steal customers from Nintendo until they come up with their own ideas to try to lead the market but that won't happen before the next round of consoles hits, so for the near future we'll see them coming up with motion controllers and casual games/applications to try to grab casual gamers attention. Tecnically speaking Nintendo is a follower relatively to the core gamers and HD market which is in the hands of Sony/MS and they should try to do something to fill that hole but it's more difficult for them because of the hardware of their product and probably looking at their sales they don't care although they should in my opinion, alienating a significant part of the market is never a good thing.

Dirtbag

farnham said:
funny how they think that they can trump nintendo by mimicking them

it sad.. and really it demonstrates how, at least sony, has done business in the past

Like sixaxis.. oh wait

You don't need to trump nintendo to make money.
The idea is run a successfull business.

That's all that really matters.

farnham

Banned
Elios83 said:
That's pretty standard practice in the industry.
If you don't lead the market you're forced to follow it. Sony and Microsoft aren't leading in the casual business, they have to follow the lead to try to steal customers from Nintendo until they come up with their own ideas to try to lead the market but that won't happen before the next round of consoles hits, so for the near future we'll see them coming up with motion controllers and casual games/applications to try to grab casual gamers attention. Tecnically speaking Nintendo is a follower relatively to the core gamers and HD market which is in the hands of Sony/MS and they should try to do something to fill that hole but it's more difficult for them because of the hardware of their product and probably looking at their sales they don't care although they should in my opinion, alienating a significant part of the market is never a good thing.
sorry who are they alienating

the hardcore part of the gaming industry ..?

because last time i checked the nintendo fans part is cheering for them... and the rest never liked them because they were kiddie and stuff like that

Dirtbag 504 said:
You don't need to trump nintendo to make money.
The idea is run a successfull business.

That's all that really matters.
well.. i think that releasing a wii mote for 360 or ps3 wont help to drive in any casuals.. mainly because of the price point.. secondly because of the brand recognition... and last but not least because of the software

Metaphoreus

This is semantics, and nothing more
Liara T'Soni said:
There was more.

There was a hunting game, and some sort of workout game as well.

Edit :
Cabelas Sportsmens Challenge
Jillian Michaels Fitness Boot Camp

Yeah, I know, but I got bored, so I didn't bother doing those ones. Actually, I guess I was bored while doing the others, too, so I don't really have an excuse for stopping.

besiktas1

2dglu9f.jpg

Ranger X

I'm sorry guys but there has NEVER been such huge reajustments in this industry. And not that quick. We are witnessing an incredible job of "patching" right now. What they don't get is that they won't reach Nintendo by mimmicking them. They would simply need a vision and push it as well as Nintendo did push its own.
Corporations TELL what people like. Don't you forget it. Nintendo reverting ALOT of stuff this gen is also proof of that. Pretty much anything that is well done, organised, and well marketed will bring you success.

Dirtbag

farnham said:
sorry who are they alienating

the hardcore part of the gaming industry ..?

because last time i checked the nintendo fans part is cheering for them... and the rest never liked them because they were kiddie and stuff like that

well.. i think that releasing a wii mote for 360 or ps3 wont help to drive in any casuals.. mainly because of the price point.. secondly because of the brand recognition... and last but not least because of the software

360 is enjoying the software sales currently.

And why not assume price drops are coming to..

Releasing a wii-mote won't hurt the 360 or ps3, so I'd plan on seeing one pretty soon.
That said, there is no way the 360 will catch the wii on the casual market.

farnham

Banned
Dirtbag 504 said:
360 is enjoying the software sales currently.

And why not assume price drops are coming to..

Releasing a wii-mote won't hurt the 360 or ps3, so I'd plan on seeing one pretty soon.
That said, there is no way the 360 will catch the wii on the casual market.
1. no actually wii is selling more software duh

2. what i meant was something different
I meant that the wii has software specifically developed for the wiimote... thats something that the 360 or the ps3 wont have out of the box..

whitehawk

Banned
Wait, I can't find that conker thing on the website.

Plus, almost everything on the site is gone except forza and the avatar stuff :lol

batbeg said:
I think he faked it.
ya i just realized that =/

Dirtbag

whitehawk said:
Wait, I can't find that conker thing on the website.

Plus, almost everything on the site is gone except forza and the avatar stuff :lol

ya i just realized that =/

ban him!

Ptaaty

If anyone doubts that copying has happened before and does work...cue Sony and PS1 era analog stick add ons. We are still stuck with that POS stop gap design to this day.

MS Miis look idiodic. Do not want.

Forza 3, yes please. Day one, GT might as well throw in its boring sad half physics no damage towel. (sorry I am judging on all other GTs and prologue, GT5 should up the bar hopefully).

Conker. Could be mega cool. Rental...

Dever

Banned
Probably fake, I don't see anything like that on the site. Plus the font should be "fatter." Hopefully you can prove me wrong, since that would be quite megatonz

Atilac

can my avatar be justice from afro samurai? I kind of like it, and considering I bought it, I'd like to continue to use it.

Top Bottom