• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 SUPER LEAK DAY - Miitoos, ActivisLOL, Lips, Conker se--j/klol, Forza 3

nbcjr

This trioxide thing in a "ms leak " link can't be true. Sure they can make the 360 compatible with the pc but wii and ps3, it's not even legal.

schuelma said:
Wait, this shit is all true?

A 360/PS3 Tony Hawk game with a motion sensitive board controller? WTF??

Well there was a rumor(was it confirmed?) that they handed Tony Hawk to a new developer b/c of lack of innovation, dwindling sales and skate.

Also, they did say they wanted to use the Wii balance board for THPS.

It makes perfect sense.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Ariexv said:
some1 people say Waggle, other say all console games availability on PC.

Well, it says

"Introducing the ability to play the latest console games (i.e. Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, etc.) on your PC. Many of these games are only available on consoles today and with this new feature would now be available on the PC as well. With this new feature those console games are now playable on your PC!"

But that just sounds completly fake.

the only thing that interests me from these leaks is the trioxide thing.

if it really does that, that will solve a lot of my problem. i would rather buy that than two more systems.

however, this might only be for 360 games because the wii doesnt use regular dvds (does it?) and blu ray drives are too expensive right now.

I'm so there on Lips. Especially since Sony don't lok like they're going to release wireless mics for friggin' Singstar.

I'm sick of using the wired PS2 mics.

Anyone have a take on this "SBG Channel" stuff for Xbox Live?

Is this something that will be used with the avatars?

Sounds like some sort of online, live, prize giveaway thing.

batbeg

I don't think any of it's new, it sounds like that old XNA to XBLA stuff, but here's a few paragraphs anyway:

"User Generated Games" is a new destination for Xbox LIVE customers, offering hundreds of inexpensive games with a constantly growing library, developed by the Xbox independant community.

With the new "User Generated Games," almost every time customers turn on their Xbox, new games will be available to download, try, or buy, and they're all created, reviewed, and tested by the Xbox community itself.

"User Generated Games" will have hundreds of games and a constantly growing library - you'll never have a problem finding a new game to try!

It also mentions most games will likely be cheaper than XBLA games.

Dali

I'm really interested in hearing more about Trioxide. Mainly, do you need a PS3, 360, Wii (I'd imagine yes which instantly makes the whole thing pretty pointless), is it emulation or just streaming the game to your PC from your console? Will there be any improvements like increased native resolution better framerate?

I seriously doubt any of the features that would make this useful or worthy of purchase would be included, but I can hope can't I.

soco

godhandiscen said:
Fuck.... fuck fuck. I hate this kind of shit. Pictures was all that we needed. Now people are going to have their stupid monkeys which will take a bitch to load in order to se their profiles. FUCK!

Hopefully the dashboard remains the same. Fast and simple.

i would imagine that if they even completely replaced the gamerpics, that they'd make the avatars load well after the other data... i'm guessing the gamerpics will still be an option as well.

i haven't read too much here about it, but i'd guess they just mean the avatars to be a replacement in-game. you may get a gamerpic that's a picture of your avatar, but otherwise i'm betting it's just for things like the XBLA golf games and scene-it and things like that.

jaypah

Liara T'Soni said:
Anyone have a take on this "SBG Channel" stuff for Xbox Live?

Is this something that will be used with the avatars?

Sounds like some sort of online, live, prize giveaway thing.

SmallBigGalaxy. you heard it here first.

Busty

Banned
Dali said:
I'm really interested in hearing more about Trioxide.

I'll bet that since this is a market testing website, this Trioxide thing is just a potential product that someone holds a patent on and is testing the waters for such an application with consumers rather than an actual product.

Relix said:
500 INCOMING!

Already got hit with that.

It really is like E3.

harSon

Banned
XNA
If you've ever poked around the Xbox Live service and wondered if there was anything new to play, we think that problem
is about to go away. Microsoft has built a tool that allows anyone to create and publish their games through Xbox Live Marketplace.
That means you will eventually have access to hundreds of new games built by a wide variety of people-with always something new to
download and play.

These will be games from all sorts of genres, styles, and interests. Microsoft is putting very few restrictions on these games,
so these games will be limited only by the imagination of the developer community. The games will go through a process of
"peer review" by the development community before they are published to Xbox Live, so there are a few built in safeguards. We
believe that many of the games will be similar to the genres and types of games that we see on Xbox Live arcade today, but we also
believe that this is an oppurtunity for games to find that true diamond in the rough, that wouldn't have been discovered otherwise.
The games will be inexpensive, most likely less expensive than the typical Xbox Live Arcade game is today ($5-$10)

"SBGs" are programmatic, highly concurrent social interactive games featuring fresh, relevant and current content combined
with the excitement of live events and prizes.

"SBGs" allow you to play games based on some of your favorite TV shows and participate in innovative original concepts created for
this new genre of consoles games. Through your console and Xbox Live you will be able to browse, discover and download these games
featuring concepts in the Game Show (ex. Jeapordy, Who want to be a Millionaire), Trivia, Reality TV, Puzzles and Sports (ex. Fantasy
m Predict the Play) categories.

Programmatic. Similar to TV shows, "SBGs" will feature scheduled events that will happen at a given time and day of the week. Many
of those experiences will be broadcasts, meaning that all people who join the experience will experience the content at the same time.
Through programming, we can offer content that no single user has seen before, prizes, and special events (Super Bowl, Oscars, Etc)
ensuring that you will always find people to play with.

Highly Concurrent. Each episode will enjoy massive participation making the experience and competition larger than life. Imagine
playing the entire Xbox Live community instead at the same time.

Social. "SBGs" will be fun to play with friends and family at home or online, featuring competative, collaborative and social games

Fresh. By utilizaing fresh content, special calendar events, and live host commentary, "SBGs" will feature new
experiences every time you play. Game content can be refreshed on a daily basis, allowing for experiences which are current
and relevant based on the time, day, or region in which you play. For example, you'll be answering trivia questions plucked straight from the headlines
based on current events.

Live Events. are primtime experiences with high production values featuring live hosts, content and featured
players that take user interaction to the next level. Imagine a real, live host or announcer commentating directly on
the game session everyone's experiencing at once.

Prizes. "SBGs" will reward both participation and skill with digital and real prizes (Like game shows do).

acm2000

Riskbreaker23 said:
the only thing that interests me from these leaks is the trioxide thing.

if it really does that, that will solve a lot of my problem. i would rather buy that than two more systems.

however, this might only be for 360 games because the wii doesnt use regular dvds (does it?) and blu ray drives are too expensive right now.

umm, its not an emulator, its just a way of video feeding through your pc, you can already do this with ps3, the console plays the game

Ventrue

acm2000 said:
umm, its not an emulator, its just a way of video feeding through your pc, you can already do this with ps3, the console plays the game

Why would you want to do that when you can simply plug your console into the second port of your monitor? I already do that. :lol

batbeg

I wish I could figure out how to work this fraps thing, but have people looked at Spider Man Agile Warrior? :lol It's a Wii Board game!

Tron 2.0

Liara T'Soni said:
"SBGs are programmatic, highly concurrent social interactive games featuring fresh, relevant and current content combined with the excitement of live events and prizes"

Hmmm

More here : http://management.intellisponse.com...E8274266E6852574630056092B?OpenDocument&login

Is this new?
Sounds like what ABC did back in the day with Who Want's To Be A Millionaire. You would go to the ABC website and play along with the game as it aired.

When you read more about it it sounds like Xbox Live would have a series of timed events where you log into Live at a certain time to play games against other people on Live. Your new avatar would represent you in these games.

There's also something about new Live Arcade games where anyone can make a game, it goes through a peer review process, and then is on Live Arcade at a cheaper-than-normal price.

Dali

Ramenman said:
Maybe because it screams "PLEASE SUE ME" to Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo if it's true, which is why it screams "I'm fake".
Bleem became a reality for however short a period of time.

Walshicus

the disgruntled gamer said:
I am a witness, GAF. I was here for L-Day.
It's leak weekend, my friend. The whole fucking weekend! Spore, Avatars, Guitar Hero, Forza 3, Lips, Action RPG X, Trioxide, SBG... man...

Top Bottom