• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX 360 VGA on HDTV's?!?!?!?

Manp

why not? i'll tell you what most likely the problem is

on your monitor you were using a resolution that is not supported by your TV (like 1280x1024 if your Samsung is like mine)
you just unplugged the VGA cable from you monitor and plugged it in your TV without changing the resolution back to something like 640x480 (or 800x600, something your TV supports) in the dashboard settings

if that's the case, plug your 360 with the VGA cable in your monitor, switch the res to 640x480, plug the 360 in your TV and change the res to your TV native resolution

otherwise post more infos

:)

RegularMK

?!?!!?!??!!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!

Manp said:
on your monitor you were using a resolution that is not supported by your TV (like 1280x1024 if your Samsung is like mine)
you just unplugged the VGA cable from you monitor and plugged it in your TV without changing the resolution back to something like 640x480 (or 800x600, something your TV supports) in the dashboard settings

Yeah. What he said.

Manp said:
why not? i'll tell you what most likely the problem is

if that's the case, plug your 360 with the VGA cable in your monitor, switch the res to 640x480, plug the 360 in your TV and change the res to your TV native resolution

otherwise post more infos

Thanks, I really appreciate the help. That's exactly what it was.

Manp

Whipped Spartan said:
Thanks, I really appreciate the help. That's exactly what it was.

you're welcome :)

the guys here are having fun but i think this is a serius issue

basically the Xbox 360 doesn't detect the max resolution supported by the monitor when plugged via VGA

for example you are using your 360 with a monitor and the res is set to 1280x1024
you plug your 360 to a monitor that doesn't support 1280x1024 without changing the setting and you get an out of sync message from the monitor

at this point the only way to switch back to a lower resolution supported by all monitors (like 640x480) is to plug your 360 to a monitor that supports 1280x1024 because with other connections like composite or component the resolution setting is not accessible

they should do in a way (in a next dasboard update) that if you press a button (on the controller) while booting the console and you're using the VGA cable the resultion is automatically switched back to 640x480

Top Bottom