• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Wireless Controller Issue - Lights Not Turning Off?

Got my xbox replaced yesterday.

When set it up again I noticed the store only replaced the console and not the whole set. Controller would'nt work the first time so I had to sync it up - no biggie. Later on I called MS for another issue(controller Dpad) and when I mentioned the store only replaced the console they said go down and get them to replace the whole thing. Did that and still got a crappy new dpad. Had to get the controller to sync with the console again.

However now when I turn off the console either from the controller or the console power button, with the offical recharge battery pack the light on the controller will not turn off. The 3rd, and for a few moments the 2nd Quadran Light Stays on. My previous controller did not have this issue with my first console.

Plugging in the normal battery pack that came with the console does not exibit this problem. Only happens with the recharge battery, and the console is not charging the battery as I use my pc to charge up the controller.

Does the controller need to be replaced?

Dr_Cogent

Banned
All of the controllers have a very faint glow even when they are off. Is it on bright, or is it dim? If it's really dim, it's normal.

Dr_Cogent said:
All of the controllers have a very faint glow even when they are off. Is it on bright, or is it dim? If it's really dim, it's normal.

Just tried it again.

3rd Quadrant is Bright, the others are all Dim.

After pressing the button for 3 seconds they turn off, then go back on again.

I think it is fairly normal. There have been a few threads about this before. When this happens to mine, I just remove the battery pack. I would say no, you do not need to replace your controller.

john tv

Mine does this too. When it happens, I just unplug it and it stops (and the Xbox shuts down completely). Seems like the safest/easiest solution.

GrandPipe

yep. same here. if i turn off via the controller, there is a very dim glow on the circle of light.
When i have the recharge cable in, and i turn off via the controller, the xbox turns off but the fans keep going and the controller continues to charge. I assume this is how it's ment to be though. And no, i didnt bother to RTFM with the controller ;)

Mine happens when their is no recharge cable in. When ive taken the battery out for a long period of time, inserting it results in no activity in the controller. It takes 2 connections to get the thing working.

Just called MS support, im sending the controller back, with them sending a new one.

Its not normal. Past controllers completly turned off... even with a bright/dim light its still draining battery.

If you have this issue call MS for a replacement.

Top Bottom