• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Bethesda Showcase June 12th

Banjo64

cumsessed
Silksong* - Multiplat but no PS
Doubt.

The first game was initially released for Switch and PC and made its way to the big consoles later.

Silksong was slated for Switch and PC but they’ve now added Xbox, I’d be shocked if it’s not coming to PS also. Only thing I could possibly see is a 3 month timed exclusive like Tunic.

reksveks

Doubt.

The first game was initially released for Switch and PC and made its way to the big consoles later.

Silksong was slated for Switch and PC but they’ve now added Xbox, I’d be shocked if it’s not coming to PS also. Only thing I could possibly see is a 3 month timed exclusive like Tunic.
Yeah, that's a possibility. Just going off their site at the moment

https://www.hollowknightsilksong.com/

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Re: ravenlok, https://cococucumber.co/ (weirdly even Echo Generation isn't on PS yet)

Re: naraka, going off "Play day one exclusively" but have fixed that and scorn

Yeah, i would also say that the possible timed is timed but not 100% confident.

Oh yeah that naraka tweet is confusing AF, totally understandable how it sounds exclusive there.You do have a point about ravenlok but I think that if it was exclusive MS would've said so.Maybe your wording sounded a bit less than probable to a non english speaker.
I think silksong will come to PS too considering Hollow knight is but it is only speculation on my part so it is more a matter of opinion there I think, just like cocoon and for the persona games, I think it is more on a case by case so far officialy (even though Atlus being Atlus they are totally capable of not releasing the previous games on ps)...I'll never understand how Atlus operates.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Yeah, that's a possibility. Just going off their site at the moment

https://www.hollowknightsilksong.com/
Yeah I think it is the right thing to do to just go with what's official so far...Even though it seems like a given since no mention of exclusivity it is still speculation...Anecdotally Forza didn't have Xbox console exclusive mentionned , I'm not saying it is not but it is weird that they forgot that on an actual Xbox 1rs party exclusive....Maybe it is too associated with the brand to even need to say it.

Hezekiah

Banned
I wasn't criticizing starfield and forza, it's the remaining bleh games. Should have put that in my original post. forza and starfield look great.
Essentially they're putting too much filler on GamePass, and focusing too much on kids.

They need more stuff like Warhammer Riptide. Maybe Atomic Heart will be decent.

reksveks

My fever fantasy dream right now is that since the show yesterday was about what we'll see in the next 12 months, the show tomorrow is about wjat comes beyond...

It makes me sad to know I'm wrong.
Yeah, that ain't happening.

I am slightly internal confused about tomorrow and what they will show. What comes beyond might be at TGA but that's only going to be 1/2 games.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Pages and pages of people arguing over who had the worse reveals, and less games to crow about recently, Sony or MS.

The truth is, both are a bit crap at the moment, thanks to Covid.
Agreed and disagreed. both are crap, but not because of covid.

A lot of these decisions were made before covid was ever thing. Had Sony greenlit HFW, GOW, Miles and GT7 as PS5 only titles in 2017 and 2018 after shipping their predecessors, we would be seeing next gen begin in 2022.

Same goes for MS with Halo and Forza.

Papacheeks

Banned
There was nothing Sony first party for last fall was there?

How can you mention hogwarts and mw2 when they are multi platform.

So Sony has a remake of a 2013 game that doesn't need to exist and doesn't even include the multiplayer for 70 bones and a god of war sequel that I'm nuff hyped for that was supposed to come out in 2021.

Sony has one very strong game for Xmas in god of war and that's a cross gen game. 2022 hasn't been great for big AAA no matter what anyone says.

They partnered with ember labs and had kena:bridge of spirits. Also they actually put out ratchet, returnal, mlb. What has MS put out fir 2022?

I’ll wait….like every Xbox game pass subscriber.

Pages and pages of people arguing over who had the worse reveals, and less games to crow about recently, Sony or MS.

The truth is, both are a bit crap at the moment, thanks to Covid.

Sony actually put out games and partnered with the biggest third party for their slate. What did Xbox studios put out for 2022?

Literally nothing. Not even a whimper on halo updates. No big third party game this fall.

If god of war holds for 2022 it’s not going to be a good look. Even if it doesn’t you still have last of us part 1 remake and third party exclusive Forspoken thus fall. On top of partnered marketing for MW2 and Hogwarts.

Sorry but this shows how such a bad idea it is to rely on 2 titles for your entire slate.

Now even more pressure is on for MS to deliver. If starfield is the only game that hits or if it gets pushed again to late 2023 what then?

Spider-Man 2 is next year.

Last edited:

Havoc2049

I'm non dreaming am I? There was no Halo from this show. Chances on seeing the new mode in the showcase for the 14th?
Ya, it was weird. Thought we would see a Season 3 trailer and was hoping for some new story content. We have this big open world and big chunks of it are almost empty. It is just begging for added content. 343 gonna be 343... 😕

Ya, it was weird. Thought we would see a Season 3 trailer and was hoping for some new story content. We have this big open world and big chunks of it are almost empty. It is just begging for added content. 343 gonna be 343... 😕

Yep, hopefully something comes through in the 14th showcase. I was really hoping for far more from the campaign and again pinning hopes on seasonal content for single player or coop PvE. Given these showcases are for the next 12 months if nothing shows tomorrow that puts us approx 18months post launch and no solid content for the campaign/coop? Fingers crossed they discuss some "big roadmap" stuff away from just PvP. A 10 year live service game deserves far more hype and content pushing out in its first 12-18 months.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Yep, hopefully something comes through in the 14th showcase. I was really hoping for far more from the campaign and again pinning hopes on seasonal content for single player or coop PvE. Given these showcases are for the next 12 months if nothing shows tomorrow that puts us approx 18months post launch and no solid content for the campaign/coop? Fingers crossed they discuss some "big roadmap" stuff away from just PvP. A 10 year live service game deserves far more hype and content pushing out in its first 12-18 months.

I hope we see something for the campaign tomorrow too. I really want to play through the campaign again, it's so good and so much fun, but I'm waiting for some new content since I've already played it twice.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
They partnered with ember labs and had kena:bridge of spirits. Also they actually put out ratchet, returnal, mlb. What has MS put out fir 2022?

Sony actually put out games and partnered with the biggest third party for their slate. What did Xbox studios put out for 2022?

Literally nothing. Not even a whimper on halo updates. No big third party game this fall.

If god of war holds for 2022 it’s not going to be a good look. Even if it doesn’t you still have last of us part 1 remake and third party exclusive Forspoken thus fall. On top of partnered marketing for MW2 and Hogwarts.

Sorry but this shows how such a bad idea it is to rely on 2 titles for your entire slate.

Now even more pressure is on for MS to deliver. If starfield is the only game that hits or if it gets pushed again to late 2023 what then?

It's weird because I've played more games on game pass this year than my ps5. My ps5 is collecting dust since I sold returnal after fully completing it,

I've played a few races on gran turismo and that's awesome but apart from that it's been kinda sat there.

I don't expect Sony fans to get this, and I expect a lot of LOL emojis but I'd rather play games like Tunic and sniper elite 5 co op with my best buds than play another horizon.

That's game pass. I've always got something interesting to play on xbox. Sony relies on massive AAA which seems to be horizon style games and a load of directors cuts remakes this gen. That ain't me.

I enjoyed ratchet for a weekend and returnal is legit game of the generation material so far Miles morales was a fun but what else has there been? They announced ragnarok at the ps5 unveiling and everything is cross gen.

I just want good games to play, and replaying the last of us for like the 8th time isn't it for me, sorry but not sorry.

Can't wait for God of war, that's legit a hype game for me...but for the rest you mentioned. I will be playing on xbox and if I wanted to play MLB it was day one game pass.

I couldn't Care about marketing deals. I'm not buying hogwarts on ps5 because Sony hosted the trailers. I'm buying it on xbox because my daughter has a series S and is a huge Harry potter fan.

Last edited:
It's weird because I've played more games on game pass this year than my ps5. My ps5 is collecting dust since I sold returnal after fully completing it,

I've played a few races on gran turismo and that's awesome but apart from that it's been kinda sat there.

I don't expect Sony fans to get this, and I expect a lot of LOL emojis but I'd rather play games like Tunic and sniper elite 5 co op with my best buds than play another horizon.

That's game pass. I've always got something interesting to play on xbox. Sony relies on massive AAA which seems to be horizon style games and a load of directors cuts remakes this gen. That ain't me.

I enjoyed ratchet for a weekend and returnal is legit game of the generation material so far Miles morales was a fun but what else has there been? They announced ragnarok at the ps5 unveiling and everything is cross gen.

I just want good games to play, and replaying the last of us for like the 8th time isn't it for me, sorry but not sorry.

Can't wait for God of war, that's legit a hype game for me...but for the rest you mentioned. I will be playing on xbox and if I wanted to play MLB it was day one game pass.

I couldn't Care about marketing deals. I'm not buying hogwarts on ps5 because Sony hosted the trailers. I'm buying it on xbox because my daughter has a series S and is a huge Harry potter fan.
LURljud.gif

Papacheeks

Banned

I think that depends on your time and habits right? I have little time for games. I can play 1 or 2 games at a time with a third being my PC social game where I get on discord and chill for an hour or so before I got to bed.

Like I recently couple months ago picked up kena because it was on sale. I played it for a month? A 7-8 hour game. That gives you an idea to how little time I have. For younger people who dont have kids, and dont have a super demanding job, have a lot more time. or if you have a great schedule you have more time for yourself.

A lot of what gamepass offers i usually buy during a sale every year for my backlog. Nothing they put out this year compares to last year in terms of excitment. Your going to tell me this year you have better game selection from Gamepass than last year?
LAST YEAR you had MLB the show day to date, Outriders, Destiny DLC, Back4blood, Forza, Halo, Psychonaughts 2. What are you playing this year? Tunic, Shredders revenge which is a big get IMHO, and what else?
Plagues tale? For fall? Scorn? Those dont have the same impact as MLB, Back4Blood, Outriders.

I think it depends on your gaming habits. Mine is I play a game 100% then move on. Unless the game is ridiculously hard or has issues. Like I have the Playstation Premium, I downloaded a shit ton of games, I probably will finish one or two of them.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member

The great thing about Game Pass is the games you DON'T know are coming. I mean I know I'm going to play the newest Forza, Bethesda RPG, etc. But it's the unknown gems you don't know about that make it incredible. I probably never would've tried Strange Brigade if it wasn't on Game Pass, and that turned out to be one of the best games of the previous generation and I've gone on to buy it on both Xbox AND PS.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I think that depends on your time and habits right? I have little time for games. I can play 1 or 2 games at a time with a third being my PC social game where I get on discord and chill for an hour or so before I got to bed.

Like I recently couple months ago picked up kena because it was on sale. I played it for a month? A 7-8 hour game. That gives you an idea to how little time I have. For younger people who dont have kids, and dont have a super demanding job, have a lot more time. or if you have a great schedule you have more time for yourself.

A lot of what gamepass offers i usually buy during a sale every year for my backlog. Nothing they put out this year compares to last year in terms of excitment. Your going to tell me this year you have better game selection from Gamepass than last year?
LAST YEAR you had MLB the show day to date, Outriders, Destiny DLC, Back4blood, Forza, Halo, Psychonaughts 2. What are you playing this year? Tunic, Shredders revenge which is a big get IMHO, and what else?
Plagues tale? For fall? Scorn? Those dont have the same impact as MLB, Back4Blood, Outriders.

I think it depends on your gaming habits. Mine is I play a game 100% then move on. Unless the game is ridiculously hard or has issues. Like I have the Playstation Premium, I downloaded a shit ton of games, I probably will finish one or two of them.

Great Post, and I completely understand.

I didn't expect to think Tunic was gonna be in a running for a GOTY contender for me personally. I really enjoyed that game and I would never normally buy a sniper elite game, but that on co op is absolutely brilliant.

As a huge fan of the first plagues tale I can't actually wait for that game. Like the hype for that game is as high as many other games would be, not quite a god of war level but high.

I do think that MS should be getting some shit for their dire 2022 I am shocked that they don't have anything lined up. Starfield and Forza should be out this year but I get the bullshit delays have caused it. Same with horizon and GT slipping out of peak 2021.

I just dunno, I get the 12 months xbox thing and it's all coming by mid next year....but they better have some serious shit lined up for the second half of 2023. The show failed in that front by focusing on 12 months.

Lots of good games coming though, so it will be fine...but they are still missing megatons out of starfield...which we have known about for what feels like years.

Hopefully we get more announcements from everyone within the next few months.

Papacheeks

Banned
The great thing about Game Pass is the games you DON'T know are coming. I mean I know I'm going to play the newest Forza, Bethesda RPG, etc. But it's the unknown gems you don't know about that make it incredible. I probably never would've tried Strange Brigade if it wasn't on Game Pass, and that turned out to be one of the best games of the previous generation and I've gone on to buy it on both Xbox AND PS.

Strange BRigade is made by Sniper Elite guys, it was promoted for AMD, and honestly went on sale all the time. It's a great game that unless you are into the Nazi zombie army/Sniper elite games would probably have never taken a chance on I agree with that.

But here's the thing that game is cheap and went on sale all the time.

Again I think this all depends on gaming habits to be honest. And the way Microsoft reads the room of what actual Core Xbox fans want who have been there since xb360/OG XBOX days is not something they are good at delivering on period.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Strange BRigade is made by Sniper Elite guys, it was promoted for AMD, and honestly went on sale all the time. It's a great game that unless you are into the Nazi zombie army/Sniper elite games would probably have never taken a chance on I agree with that.

But here's the thing that game is cheap and went on sale all the time.

Again I think this all depends on gaming habits to be honest. And the way Microsoft reads the room of what actual Core Xbox fans want who have been there since xb360/OG XBOX days is not something they are good at delivering on period.

It was on Game Pass long before it "went on sale all the time".

Papacheeks

Banned
It was on Game Pass long before it "went on sale all the time".

It was given away for free for AMD promotion on hardware? On sale within the first couple months it was released and didn't come day to date on gamepass. It came later that fall. ANd by that time steam fall sale/Christmas sale was already going on.

Papacheeks

Banned
They literally just announced a Team Ninja game day one and framed it in the context of Xbox history. That's pretty much exactly what I wanted. Was pretty much talking directly to OG Xbox fans.

A game thats not Ninja Gaiden and looks like NIOH. We Ninja Gaiden reboot with a Dead or alive tie in would be amazing. Thats what people want. Maybe this title does well and we get a NInja Gaiden game? But it literally looked bottom of the barrel generic in its name and what it was.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
A game thats not Ninja Gaiden and looks like NIOH. We Ninja Gaiden reboot with a Dead or alive tie in would be amazing. Thats what people want. Maybe this title does well and we get a NInja Gaiden game? But it literally looked bottom of the barrel generic in its name and what it was.
You have shit taste dude lol. Nothing about this looks bottom of the barrel. That doesn't even really deserve an honest rebuttal because it's so stupid.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X

Strange Brigade is one of the first games I tried on Game Pass. I didn't think I would play it for more than 5 minutes, but it turned out I loved it and couldn't stop playing it. That's been the story with so many games I've discovered and loved on Game Pass that wouldn't have ever considered in the past. There have been many I quit playing after 5 minutes too, but it cost me nothing to find out they weren't for me.

Papacheeks

Banned
You have shit taste dude lol. Nothing about this looks bottom of the barrel. That doesn't even really deserve an honest rebuttal because it's so stupid.

Your going to tell me the name, and what they showed is better than how NIOH/Ninja Giaden was originally presented?

Loving Dead or alive, and NInja Gaiden which has had multiple remasters/repackaged versions for PS3/XBox360/PS4/XBOX ONE is having shit taste?

God people on this forum are literally whats wrong with Xbox. They think grabbing a game regardless of what it is by the same studio that use to make Dead or alive/Ninja gaiden is what people want. I hope you are right Miku and I'm just an idiot when it comes to branded IP's that lots of people have wanted sequels too or a re-imagining.

NIOH was the closes thing we got to something that had the spirit to Ninja Gaiden. And Dead or alive would be a cool game to associate with XBox with like Killer Instinct. They use to. To the point of putting Master CHief in Dead or alive.

But keep on deflecting and not asking more out of Xbox.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Your going to tell me the name, and what they showed is better than how NIOH was originally presented?
I have no idea why this is your focus, and it's not really related to anything I talked about.

What I like about Team Ninja is that they actually think deeply on martial arts and use this as a basis for their game design. What we can gather from the cool looking CG trailer, and the press statements is that this is going to be a similar game to Nioh but focusing on depicting Chinese martial arts. To me, that is possibly one of the most exciting game announcements I can think of. They're going to focus on the 5 phases depicted in many Chinese martial philosophies. We can only speculate at this point, but we could easily see something similar in style to Nioh, but with 5 stances, lots of new weapons, and much more acrobatic combat options. In particular they show him head jumping off an enemy, which is a classic Ninja Gaiden move.

This could easily turn out to be one of the most exciting action games out there. On what planet is this bottom of the barrel?

Congrats, you tricked me into giving you an honest reply lol. As for the name, is that honestly any kind of priority to you? My main priority is that I want Mandarin audio tracks on day one to help immersion.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
God people on this forum are literally whats wrong with Xbox. They think grabbing a game regardless of what it is by the same studio that use to make Dead or alive/Ninja gaiden is what people want. I hope you are right Miku and I'm just an idiot when it comes to branded IP's that lots of people have wanted sequels too or a re-imagining.
I just don't understand how you think. You know that MS doesn't make Ninja Gaiden right lol? You just seem utterly determined to have a negative outlook sometimes.

Maybe the new game is going to be neat?

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
I have no idea why this is your focus, and it's not really related to anything I talked about.

What I like about Team Ninja is that they actually think deeply on martial arts and use this as a basis for their game design. What we can gather from the cool looking CG trailer, and the press statements is that this is going to be a similar game to Nioh but focusing on depicting Chinese martial arts. To me, that is possibly one of the most exciting game announcements I can think of. They're going to focus on the 5 phases depicted in many Chinese martial philosophies. We can only speculate at this point, but we could easily see something similar in style to Nioh, but with 5 stances, lots of new weapons, and much more acrobatic combat options. In particular they show him head jumping off an enemy, which is a classic Ninja Gaiden move.

This could easily turn out to be one of the most exciting action games out there. On what planet is this bottom of the barrel?

Congrats, you tricked me into giving you an honest reply lol. As for the name, is that honestly any kind of priority to you? My main priority is that I want Mandarin audio tracks on day one to help immersion.

You have it all wrong, my issue isn't with Team Ninja. I enjoyed NIOH, even though it got repetitive enemy wise, outside of main bosses. I love dead or alive, I love it more than tekken to be honest. Team Ninja is a great studio, but similarily to Platinum games they have been doing a lot of games based off contracts.

Microsoft to curb the whole Scalebound, and Xbox hates Japanese games would be dispelled if they showed a interest in Team Ninja and their lineage. I think if they showed a collection of some sorts where its NInja Gaiden sigma, and NInja gaiden sigma 2 collection with dead or alive, or a team ninja collection where the games are properly supported could have had a big impact along side Persona announcement.

The way Microsoft talked on stage about team ninja and then showed off this new title, it would have gone well if it was accompanied by some legacy team ninja games.

It would show a reinvestment with Team Ninja outside of a random game.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
You have it all wrong, my issue isn't with Team Ninja. I enjoyed NIOH, even though it got repetitive enemy wise, outside of main bosses. I love dead or alive, I love it more than tekken to be honest. Team Ninja is a great studio, but similarily to Platinum games they have been doing a lot of games based off contracts.

Microsoft to curb the whole Scalebound, and Xbox hates Japanese games would be dispelled if they showed a interest in Team Ninja and their lineage. I think if they showed a collection of some sorts where its NInja Gaiden sigma, and NInja gaiden sigma 2 collection with dead or alive, or a team ninja collection where the games are properly supported could have had a big impact along side Persona announcement.

The way Microsoft talked on stage about team ninja and then showed off this new title, it would have gone well if it was accompanied by some legacy team ninja games.

I mean, if they did even MORE Team Ninja stuff I'd be into it. But I think they get credit for what they just did.

Sigma 1 and 2 just hit Gamepass this month also. But we honestly don't even truly need those on Xbox since we have Black and the original part 2. We just got all the DoA games also on BC.

I think the Ninja Gaiden situation is 100% on Tecmo, and they've talked about it publicly. They called Ninja Gaiden the most important IP for Team Ninja. Did you know they worked on Nioh in various prototyping phases for 10 years? What I gather from their statements is that Team Ninja was devastated at the reception to Ninja Gaiden 3, and went back to the drawing board. They let Ninja Gaiden sit for a while and decided to take some inspiration from Demon's Souls and make their own new thing, as a post-Itagaki Team Ninja. It's going pretty damn well. Nioh 2 is one of the best action games ever made.

I think they're basically going to be prototyping Ninja Gaiden 4 or reboot until they feel they have a new combat system idea that's truly worthy of the series, and represents a large advancement, similar to the obliteration system in part 2 completely changing the game. I'm cool with them working on it and having that high bar. In the meantime we get Wo Long, which sounds pretty neat so far!

Last edited:

Södy

Exactly how I feel. It's not for the AAA games anymore. Gamepass is great. I just started another run of Ninja Gaiden and also looked into Fable for the first time ever. Tunic was great aswell, so was Guardians of the Galaxy. I wouldn't have bought either of these games (well, maybe Ninja Gaiden) and I would definetly buy a sequel to GotG because it was fucking great.

I actually sold my PS5 last winter because there wasn't a game I was interested in in the near future. Maybe Horizon but that was it.

Last edited:

Papacheeks

Banned
I mean, if they did even MORE Team Ninja stuff I'd be into it. But I think they get credit for what they just did.

Sigma 1 and 2 just hit Gamepass this month also. But we honestly don't even truly need those on Xbox since we have Black and the original part 2. We just got all the DoA games also on BC.

I think the Ninja Gaiden situation is 100% on Tecmo, and they've talked about it publicly. They called Ninja Gaiden the most important IP for Team Ninja. Did you know they worked on Nioh in various prototyping phases for 10 years? What I gather from their statements is that Team Ninja was devastated at the reception to Ninja Gaiden 3, and went back to the drawing board. They let Ninja Gaiden sit for a while and decided to take some inspiration from Demon's Souls and make their own new thing, as a post-Itagaki Team Ninja. It's going pretty damn well. Nioh 2 is one of the best action games ever made.

I think they're basically going to be prototyping Ninja Gaiden 4 or reboot until they feel they have a new combat system idea that's truly worthy of the series, and represents a large advancement, similar to the obliteration system in part 2 completely changing the game. I'm cool with them working on it and having that high bar. In the meantime we get Wo Long, which sounds pretty neat so far!

Yea, NIOH was originally a PS3 game, and was some kind of Romance of Three kingdoms type of game with you controlling units, and some Dynasty warriors type of combat stuff. But then there was this power struggle with Tecmo/KOEI and the deal was still in place, but they scrapped all the other stuff and made it more like a souls/Gaiden game.

I really hope this game leads to Ninja Giaden 4. I think if Microsoft made a large partnership with them and paid for a dead or alive/Ninja gaiden releases I would be all for it. I still think they reboot Ninja Gaiden and have Riya Habusa meet other Dead or alive characters throughout the game as you learn more of your moves.

Then you have the sequel story wise be a Dead or alive game. That would be dope.

Kssio_Aug

I don't think MS has control over Ninja Gaiden, so it's no up to them. I wish it was.

But I don't agree at all with your take about Wo Long. Other than dated graphics (which for me is a minor issue), it looks pretty damn awesome to me! And I think it's actually a HUGE positive that they're working on a new IP to be fair, we never know when a new classic is on the way.

I couldn't ask for more from Team Ninja, tbf.

Papacheeks

Banned
I don't think MS has control over Ninja Gaiden, so it's no up to them. I wish it was.

But I don't agree at all with your take about Wo Long. Other than dated graphics (which for me is a minor issue), it looks pretty damn awesome to me! And I think it's actually a HUGE positive that they're working on a new IP to be fair, we never know when a new classic is on the way.

I couldn't ask for more from Team Ninja, tbf.

Microsoft has control via spend some money in getting a new Ninja gaiden produced, same with Dead or alive.

PhaseJump

Banned
They literally just announced a Team Ninja game day one and framed it in the context of Xbox history. That's pretty much exactly what I wanted. Was pretty much talking directly to OG Xbox fans.

Phil came out on stage and talked about a Team Ninja multiplat game, with a few days embargo on it to give the illusion of platform exclusivity or importance.

Why should any Xbox fan give a shit? Itagaki was over there implying that he's willing to work for Xbox and we haven't seen anything from it.

Papacheeks

Banned
Phil came out on stage and talked about a Team Ninja multiplat game, with a few days embargo on it to give the illusion of platform exclusivity or importance.

Why should any Xbox fan give a shit? Itagaki was over there implying that he's willing to work for Xbox and we haven't seen anything from it.

Devils advocate with Itagaki is that guy has a bunch of sexual misconduct, and sexual harrassment stuff attached to him. So I think if Microsoft were to reach out to make a deal with Team ninja Itagaki would not be part of it.

Punished Miku

Gold Member

It's really not the end of the world if PS gamers get to play it too. Xbox fans get it on GP, which is neat. And I like they they are marketing it along Xbox.

Itagaki is working on something, and I'd be totally down for Xbox supporting that. I'd be down for Xbox getting Wanted: Dead on Gamepass also this year.

I don't know what's going on with that stuff behind the scenes. Your guess is as good as mine.

Kssio_Aug

Because it's an action game from Team Ninja coming to Xbox? What other reason should an Xbox fan have to give a shit?

PhaseJump

Banned
Because it's an action game from Team Ninja coming to Xbox? What other reason should an Xbox fan have to give a shit?

It's implied that they have dusted off their partnership for something special, which was mostly with Itagaki when he was at Team Ninja.

It's implied that Phil Spencer himself is giving stage time to his "we hear you" spiel for Japanese game fans, yet he's spending money on 2 day embargos while 15 years go by since the last AAA first party Japanese game out of Microsoft, 5 years since Scalebound was cancelled. What is it, 1 attempt per generation now?

What other reason? Because Phil says to keep asking, and the drought of 1P effort there continues.

Thank you for your concern. Meanwhile us Gamepass boys are playing game after game after game :messenger_beaming:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
It's implied that they have dusted off their partnership for something special, which was mostly with Itagaki when he was at Team Ninja.

It's implied that Phil Spencer himself is giving stage time to his "we hear you" spiel for Japanese game fans, yet he's spending money on 2 day embargos while 15 years go by since the last AAA first party Japanese game out of Microsoft, 5 years since Scalebound was cancelled. What is it, 1 attempt per generation now?

What other reason? Because Phil says to keep asking, and the drought of 1P effort there continues.
They pretty much said it's a weak spot for their line up and they hear the fan demand.

They have Tango now at least, which is more than they ever had in terms of Japanese first party. The best they can really do now is try and secure some third party deals. This is a good start, along with Persona. That's all they can really do is keep trying.

Kssio_Aug

Well, Microsoft brought recently Yakuza, Kingdom Hearts and now Persona series to Xbox. It seems to me they're trying to have some appeal to this public, even though they're not investing, themselves, in exclusive games catered to the Japanese audience (and since Xbox for a long time is almost dead there, I don't see them risking investing on something wich they might not expect any return).

Last edited:
Top Bottom