• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Dev Demonstrates NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti & Xbox Series X Mesh Shaders Performance With DirectX 12 Ultimate API

ethomaz

Banned
This was before knowing the SSD and cooling the bom is higher than that estimate. Cooling this thing in a traditional console package is going to be a premium and some.
The bom estimate from them already contemplated a premium cooling solution for PS5.

That is why I have to correct a lot claims in that site... some fake news really become a thing that people believes.
I was talking about you though when you said you are ok being a fanboy. I've also seen a lot of your posts brother.... I think if you tried to dial it back to just a healthy fan status rather than fanboy you'd have a much more beneficial and gratifying time here and just in life in general.

That is why I have to correct a lot claims in that site... some fake news really become a thing that people believes.

You're not correcting anything, you're revealing just how much your jimmies are in a wrestle over the XSX being more powerful. Be mad at sony.

ethomaz

Banned
I was talking about you though when you said you are ok being a fanboy. I've also seen a lot of your posts brother.... I think if you tried to dial it back to just a healthy fan status rather than fanboy you'd have a much more beneficial and gratifying time here and just in life in general.
I have no issue either fanboys at all since they stay with accurate info.
My life is pretty good... thanks.

ethomaz

Banned
You're not correcting anything, you're revealing just how much your jimmies are in a wrestle over the XSX being more powerful. Be mad at sony.
I never said Xbox doesn’t have a stronger GPU and CPU.
And yes there is a lot of bullshit I corrected even today only.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
You and I have a very different view of what a fanboy is if you think they always bring accurate info in an objective manner...
Yeap fanboys can use accurate info.
A good example is my GTS profile data that is all accurate with GT servers.

Being a fanboys not make the info wrong... what make the info wrong is the info shared being wrong instead sharing the actual correct info.

I can be corrected too... already happened here a lot of times.

Last edited:
Yeap fanboys can use accurate info.
A good example is my GTS profile data that is all accurate with GT servers.
I never said they couldn't... I'm trying to show you how it's an unhealthy attitude to have over just being a fan. There is a big (and embarrassing) difference between someone who is a fanboy and someone who is just a fan...

ethomaz

Banned
I never said they couldn't... I'm trying to show you how it's an unhealthy attitude to have over just being a fan. There is a big (and embarrassing) difference between someone who is a fanboy and someone who is just a fan...
I don’t think there that big difference imo.
I mean everybody has a team that have more affinity... I’m Santos in Brasil and that is fine... others are Corinthians, São Paulo, Palmeiras, etc... all fanboys.
Some doesn’t like any football team but like football (it is very very little here in a Brasil) but it is fine too.

ethomaz

Banned
Cerny says he" thinks". Thinking and reality are two different things. Thinking is not an absolute.
Ok do you have a better source to go against what Cerny said?

That is the point we only have what Cerny said... so using made up numbers in a discussion is what a fanboy should avoid.

If you stay accurate you can be anything but your opinion rely on accurate data.

BTW. I’m not English native but “thinks” is certain... “guess” is not sure?

Last edited:
I don’t think there that big difference imo.
I mean everybody has a team that have more affinity... I’m Santos in Brasil and that is fine... others are Corinthians, São Paulo, Palmeiras, etc... all fanboys.
Some doesn’t like any football team but like football (it is very very little here in a Brasil) but it is fine too.

No. At some point on the fan scale you turn into a fanboy as rationality starts to degrade the more emotionally attached you become to the thing you are a fan of...

A fanboy will spin anything and everything in an non objective manner to try to "win" because they are very emotionally affected and attached to the thing they are fanboying over. A fan is capable of both wanting success of the thing they are a fan of while at the same time being objective in the support they give.

When an irrational fanboy loses, they are either secretly or outrightly emotionally devastated. They then go through the stages of grief... in a mixed up order as they are amazing bargainers.

When a normal rational fan loses, they are FAR less affected. While it's a downer, they can simply take the blow and go on living because it's not that big of a deal to them. Water off a ducks back.

And that's the problem, online it's hard to tell the difference right off the bat sometimes but the more you listen the more apparent their irrationality becomes. Other times it's immediately apparent. Every time though, it's embarrassing...

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
I see the scenario being similar to PS4 Pro vs Xbox One X.
I guess we will have big surprises.

Anyway the Pro vs X different is around the PS4 vs XB1 difference that is way bigger than PS5 vs Xbox One Series X.

Last edited:

psorcerer

Banned
What was you challenging? I'm curious.

ok can someone please explain this to me in much simpler way. Question 1: is xsx more powerful than a 2080 ti ? Question 2: is this implying that a direct x update will unlock more of the 2080 ti’s potential ? Forgive me for my ignorance im just trying to understand.

longdi

Banned
kUyzrYl.png

Vr7evCW.png

l8vfOZf.png

APa1fcA.png

IlSHy59.png

IlSHy59.png

Vpm8o9C.png

aIlAn8v.png

uVMQoAG.png

uVMQoAG.png

L4FimjI.png

Wow wollen, nib95 and gofreak are still the craziest Sony apologists around.
Even i a Sony fanboy, has enough dignity to call a Phil a Phil, and that Mark got crushed this round.

So from what DF is saying, PS5 is totally overclocked and totally a last minute decision. When you design for a console enclosure, there is a limit to the power supply and cooling to put in there. Sony basically forces their 8+36CU APU until tdp breaking point. Hence the 'variable' limits developers have to choose.
When Sony cant hold back details in time due, the Power memes will grow, and if the internet hoarde manages to make PS5 the bad guy, I dont expect Mark to design PS5p anymore.

ethomaz

Banned
timestamp the 2% performance loss ?
You want everything easy... nope.
The fact you quoted me about something everybody knows Cerny said is a ridiculous fail.

Watch it full maybe you learn and stop to spread bullshit.

Last edited:

Goliathy

Banned
He said MS directly said RDNA 2.0 while Sony said RDNA 2.0 based.
It is weird to try to create that narrative when MS used RDNA 2.0 based, RDNA 2.0 class, etc other times just like Sony.

It is the same talk Xbox fans tried to create with RT hardware acceleration or RT hardware based that ended both being the same RDNA 2.0 feature.

His mentality will always try to find gaps where that seems to make Xbox better while seems to make PS5 worst.

It is fine for anybody except a guy that wants to be a industry professional and worst a journalist.

T0vScVk.jpg

So, not sure what that means. I still think it means full RDNA for ps5. But we will see.

longdi

Banned
You want everything easy... nope.
The fact you quoted me about something everybody knows Cerny said is a ridiculous fail.

Watch it full maybe you learn and stop to spread bullshit.

I watched that video many times since GDC.
Because i was hoping to find some greatness that others may missed out. I still had faith in Mark.
But nope, as i said, at every trys and turns, PS5 is just not the king i polled for earlier. (i polled 12tf if you check that thread)

There is no 2% performance loss figure. You are putting words in Mark's mouth, not that he needed it.
So it can be 2%, it can be 10%, Sony did not have the courage to commit a number.

ethomaz

Banned
I watched that video many times since GDC.
Because i was hoping to find some greatness that others may missed out. I still had faith in Mark.
But nope, as i said, at every trys and turns, PS5 is just not the king i polled for earlier. (i polled 12tf if you check that thread)

There is no 2% performance loss figure. You are putting words in Mark's mouth, not that he needed it.
So it can be 2%, it can be 10%, Sony did not have the courage to commit a number.
He said exactly 2% decrease in clock for a 10% decrease in power draw... c’mon stop lying you never watched it.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
You cant provide timestamp because there is none. :messenger_spock:
Please stop lying, thanks.
You are embarassing Sony fans all over the world.
You are crazy.
There is a public video with what Cerny said that anybody can watch.
I don’t need to provide anything to others knows you made up that story.

What the point to deny something that Cerny said in public video?

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
You are crazy.
There is a public video with what Cerny said that anybody can watch.
I don’t need to provide anything to others knows you made up that story.

What the point to deny something that Cerny said in public video?

No 2% time stamp. I win.
My 20 years of gaming experience makes me a bad ass in console wars. :messenger_clapping:

Now you go try apologise for other areas of PS5.
2% is a no bueno kinder.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
No 2% time stamp. I win.
My 20 years of gaming experience makes me a bad ass in console wars. :messenger_clapping:

2% is a no bueno kinder.
You just need to take the L.

I you give you the transcript to make it easy:https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...s-and-tech-that-deliver-sonys-next-gen-vision

“When that worst case game arrives, it will run at a lower clock speed. But not too much lower, to reduce power by 10 per cent it only takes a couple of percent reduction in frequency, so I'd expect any downclocking to be pretty minor,”

Last edited:

longdi

Banned
You just need to take the L.

I you give you the transcript to make it easy:https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...s-and-tech-that-deliver-sonys-next-gen-vision

“Rather than look at the actual temperature of the silicon die, we look at the activities that the GPU and CPU are performing and set the frequencies on that basis - which makes everything deterministic and repeatable,”

ctrl F, no 2%.
20 years mate. :messenger_peace:
I suspect you must be an agent X astroturfing to make Sony fans look bad.

ethomaz

Banned
ctrl F, no 2%.
20 years mate. :messenger_peace:
I suspect you must be an agent X astroturfing to make Sony fans look bad.
It is there lol

Take the L.

Can’t you read? Try looking for coupe (2) percent ;)

It is the exactly Cerny words in the video.

Last edited:

-kb-

No 2% time stamp. I win.

2% is a no bueno kinder.

38:10 "To reduce power by 10% it only takes a couple % reduction in frequency so I expect the down clocking to pretty minor"

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
38:12 "To reduce power by 10% it only takes a couple % reduction in frequency so I expect the down clocking to pretty minor"
Noooo.
Let him watch at least one time the video.
;)

He accuse others so let him learn to do the homework before made fake claims.

Last edited:
I love this the PS5 fans saying it's not that bad. Well it is, Sony "ducked" you fans.
PS5 is a 5700xt at it's base.
Yes the CUs are RDNA2. The 256bit bus is apart of that old 5700xt. Like ogxb1 it looses in every point in every way.
You can have the fastest ssd and the GPU still has a 256bits wide bus.

Mark Carey is the same man that told you that PS4 pro was 8.2Tf Very misleading. And that tech talk was a bad Info commercial. Don't do it, you can't lose in every almost Category
and say it's better or close or even ,
It's not.......... the next thing you guys will be saying is that there are two
GPUS.....

Goliathy

Banned
38:10 "To reduce power by 10% it only takes a couple % reduction in frequency so I expect the down clocking to pretty minor"

It's safe to assume that its at least more than 2%. If it would be only 2% he would say: "it only takes 2% in reduction in frequency". Why would he say a couple? Because it's more than 2% and this doesn't sound so bad compared to say e.g. 5% or so.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
It's safe to assume that its at least more than 2%. If it would be only 2% he would say: "it only takes 2% in reduction in frequency". Why would he say a couple? Because it's more than 2% and this doesn't sound so bad compared to say e.g. 5% or so.
I never saw “coupe” be used to anything than 2.
So I don’t see how that is safe to assume lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom