• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 Conference 6/11 2pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wedzi

Banned
Dont forget the two maybe 3 "xbox at e3 daily" that might house announcements too.

Maybe that's where they announce more original Xbox games getting the Phantom Dust and Voodoo Vince treatment. Probably also DLC or smaller digital only titles. They also usually do dashboard updates at those too. Wouldn't also be surprised if they also announced older titles that will be getting Scorpio support during these as well.

Bsigg12

This is now before Bethesda right? If Bethesda has an event that is.

It's an interesting shift.

Also E3 is going to be weird as hell this year with it going public. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony moves to Sunday as well.

Wedzi

Banned

Also E3 is going to be weird as hell this year with it going public. I wouldn't be surprised is Sony moves to Sunday as well.

Yeah if they stick with the same time they had last year, which was 7:00pm PST

I think Sony sticks with their time because of the movie theater thing, plus they'll get PlayStation Nation to descend upon E3. Should be a nice audience for their show.

For those who went in person last year, does anyone remember if they offered luggage check? I'm going to have to go from the airport directly to the conference...

SOR5

Elder Scrolls VI + some Scorpio support

That'll get em talking

Announce trailer at Xbox
More juicy deets at Bethesda conference

Its been more than 5 years since Skyrim!

Head.spawn

More like so close. Time has been flying to me lol. I think the anticipation doesn't really hit me until April or so too.

Only far away in that with all their twitter chatter about Scorpio, it sounded like they were about to drop news any day... now, it's e3 which is just bog standard.

I need some leaks!

Elder Scrolls VI + some Scorpio support

That'll get em talking

Announce trailer at Xbox
More juicy deets at Bethesda conference

Its been more than 5 years since Skyrim!

Thats actually not a bad idea, considering oblivions importance to the launch of the 360

Ushay

MS-centric ones?

KOTOR 3
Battletoads
Banjo 3
Phantom Dusk/Scalebound back and ready to go (mega fucking unrealistic I know but it would be an absolute showstopper)
OG Xbox emulation and old XBL back online
Splinter Cell exclusive
Fable IV
Mistwalker game
Age of Empires 4

KOTOR, Fable and Scalebound will never happen (as much as I want them to). I can see a 'spititual' successor to KOTOR though, set in a different time period.

The rest are pretty reasonable to expect, especially Age of Empires.

Also E3 is going to be weird as hell this year with it going public. I wouldn't be surprised if Sony moves to Sunday as well.

Could mean Bethesda has something lined up for MS, we do know they have a good relationship. But they have never made exclusives for any platform before?

borges

Banned
Why wouldn't Crackdown be there? It really needs to be there because we have seen so little of it since being announced. Especially if it is supposed to come out this year.

Call of Duty will be at Sony's presser because of their new deal. I'm not sure about Fifa and NBA being there either. I feel like those slots could go to other third party titles.

My bad, I was referring to Scorpio enhanced lineup of games, not games i expect to be shown during briefing.

Wedzi

Banned
why is there a need to specify this? I'm confused. Scorpio is an Xbox One. Scorpio doesn't have a specific "line up"

I'm actually curious what third party games MS will make time for during their presentation. Seems like Sony has every major third party game for this Holiday. Madden and FIFA have had larger focuses at EA's proper conference. I really wonder if we'll get a VR or another Hololens presentation to take up time.

icespide

Banned
I'm actually curious what third party games MS will make time for during their presentation. Seems like Sony has every major third party game for this Holiday. Madden and FIFA have had larger focuses at EA's proper conference. I really wonder if we'll get a VR or another Hololens presentation to take up time.

my gut tells me MS will have a deal with Ubi for the new Assassin's Creed game. unveil it on stage during MS presser

Hawk269

I think it was smart of MS to move to Sunday as this would give them the entire day for MS news.

One thing that I am still wondering on is how they plan to show the Scorpio in relationship to visuals. As many have noted, on a stream it will be hard to tell if something looks a lot better than something else and/or HDR. We learned that when Sony tried it and failed badly since most could not tell.

I think a few things they will need to do:

1. Ensure that all footage is available for Direct Download shortly after the conference.
2. Give sites like Digital Foundry and other sites that do analysis the assets as well so that they can also communicate what is happening.
3. MS cannot be afraid to talk a little techy. Nothing wrong with showing things, but they must verbally and or have a screen that bullet points what differences are being displayed since many will be watching via Stream and most likely not be able to tell.
4. Have a very large tented area outside the Galen Center where people could get much closer looks to the games that they are showing running on Scorpio. Being able to get up close and look at things in-person for those attending the conference will go a long way, especially the press.

It is exciting to already hear the date and I am sure they did this ahead of time to allow people that need to make travel arrangements the time to do it and I think the main reason was they will reach a larger amount of people having on a Sunday. I am curious if they will partner with a TV station to broadcast the show?

icespide

Banned
I think it was smart of MS to move to Sunday as this would give them the entire day for MS news.

One thing that I am still wondering on is how they plan to show the Scorpio in relationship to visuals. As many have noted, on a stream it will be hard to tell if something looks a lot better than something else and/or HDR. We learned that when Sony tried it and failed badly since most could not tell.

I think a few things they will need to do:

1. Ensure that all footage is available for Direct Download shortly after the conference.
2. Give sites like Digital Foundry and other sites that do analysis the assets as well so that they can also communicate what is happening.
3. MS cannot be afraid to talk a little techy. Nothing wrong with showing things, but they must verbally and or have a screen that bullet points what differences are being displayed since many will be watching via Stream and most likely not be able to tell.
4. Have a very large tented area outside the Galen Center where people could get much closer looks to the games that they are showing running on Scorpio. Being able to get up close and look at things in-person for those attending the conference will go a long way, especially the press.

It is exciting to already hear the date and I am sure they did this ahead of time to allow people that need to make travel arrangements the time to do it and I think the main reason was they will reach a larger amount of people having on a Sunday. I am curious if they will partner with a TV station to broadcast the show?

they also have to consider the potential to piss off existing Xbox One owners not ready to shell out $$$ for a new console (just like Sony). they'll be threading the needle of showing benefits of the Scorpio but also assuring current owners that they shouldn't feel left out

Wedzi

Banned
my gut tells me MS will have a deal with Ubi for the new Assassin's Creed game. unveil it on stage during MS presser

Historically Assassin's Creed games generally have PS marketing but with a crowded Holiday Ubisoft may have to team up with Xbox. They had a nice promotion with Xbox for Unity.

Hell the last two games (Unity and Syndicate) felt like they were pushing technology a generation ahead already so unveiling it on Scorpio could be beneficial.

I'm even starting to see Horizon Zero Dawn commercials with the "captured on PS4 Pro" at the bottom. Expecting to see a lot of that come E3.

icespide

Banned
Historically Assassin's Creed games generally have PS marketing but with a crowded Holiday Ubisoft may have to team up with Xbox. They had a nice promotion with Xbox for Unity.

Hell the last two games (Unity and Syndicate) felt like they were pushing technology a generation ahead already so unveiling it on Scorpio could be beneficial.

I'm even starting to see Horizon Zero Dawn commercials with the "captured on PS4 Pro" at the bottom. Expecting to see a lot of that come E3.

I forgot that Syndicate went back to Sony for marketing deal. Wonder if the Unity deal was something put in place before Sony ran away with the sales lead. Wouldn't surprise me to see MS throw money around to get a good 3rd party marketing deal showcasing Scorpio though, if the "new" Assassin's Creed is something special that would be a good get

Tonky

Not sure if people missed this, but the RDR2 deal is with Sony. We most likely won't see what it looks like on Scorpio until it launches.

icespide

Banned
Not sure if people missed this, but the RDR2 deal is with Sony. We most likely won't see what it looks like on Scorpio until it launches.

really looking forward to the DF breakdown for RDR2. 4 different levels of foliage to overreact about

Tonky

really looking forward to the DF breakdown for RDR2. 4 different levels of foliage to overreact about
I need every horse hair to be individually modeled for the Scorpio/Pro versions. Also, they must react to wind like Nathan Drake's chest hair in UC4. Pre-order cancelled if neither of these make it into the game.

Cloud7

Are fans allowed to be in the conference audience? I'm going to be in LA for E3 and I wouldn't mind waiting in line if there's an opportunity for this.

Wedzi

Banned
Are fans allowed to be in the conference audience? I'm going to be in LA for E3 and I wouldn't mind waiting in line if there's an opportunity for this.

They have a their Xbox Fan Fest every year where they allow members of that thing to go to the briefing so that might be your best bet. I don't know how big the Galen Center is so I have no idea if there's available seating otherwise.

No XBOX One owner should be pissed off this E3 - we've known Scorpio was coming for about a year already.

There's always gonna be some pissed off fans like whenever there's a price cut or a slim console announcement. Hey the good news is there's now a lot less xbox owners to piss off than PS4 owners lol

icespide

Banned
No XBOX One owner should be pissed off this E3 - we've known Scorpio was coming for about a year already.

if an Xbox One owner decided to skip scorpio based on the "no one left behind" message from Microsoft last year but ends up feeling slighted based on what they show this year they absolutely have the right to be mad. People will be mad for the same reasons certain people were mad about the PS4 Pro

Microsoft can certainly showcase awesome Scorpio stuff but they also have to be careful not to make OG owners (ones that can't afford to upgrade) feel like shit

VR will be a key component of their E3 this year. One of the only Scorpio-only gaming applications there will be on this new Xbox One is VR, so expect VR & their partnership with Oculus to be announced.

mortal

Gold Member
Microsoft went through the trouble of making a supposedly more powerful console. Hopefully they showcase actual, real, no smoke & mirrors gameplay for all of their games.

Otherwise, what's the fucking point?

Hawk269

they also have to consider the potential to piss off existing Xbox One owners not ready to shell out $$$ for a new console (just like Sony). they'll be threading the needle of showing benefits of the Scorpio but also assuring current owners that they shouldn't feel left out

That goes without saying. They can just show the game, have the logo saying "footage is from Scorpio version" and then at the end of the trailer show release date and available on "Scorpio & Xbox One". Now, what I am wondering will everything shown be the Scorpio version or will they show some games as the Xbox One version?

That all depends on how the messaging is so that Xbox One owners that are not looking to upgrade don't feel that they have no games coming. I think as long as they show games and have the tag line available for all Xbox Platforms or whatever special tag line, they should be fine.

Doing it on the Sunday lets EA and Bethesda show Scorpio games (or I should say, Xbox games running on a Scorpio).

It'll need a boosted mode out of the gate... and MS studios should be actively going back over their games and patching them up to Scorpio spec.

Do a full blowout on what's in it, and have pricing ready to announce.
Have your marketing ready, and have every regional manager singing from the same hymn book... MS can ill afford a repeat of the Xbox One debacle.

Finally, have some games. Have lots of games. Announce that you're spending that warchest like crazy.

One of the most amazing things MS could drop for me would a real deal reboot of Fable. Like a full scale WRPG Fable.

But that ain't happening. I don't even know what studio they could give Fable to. It's still so fucked up how MS handled that IP. Fable 2 was such a great game

Wedzi

Banned
VR will be a key component of their E3 this year. One of the only Scorpio-only gaming applications there will be on this new Xbox One is VR, so expect VR & their partnership with Oculus to be announced.

Do you think they announce some kind of Xbox branded Oculus headset? I assume they'll also announce that every Oculus headset will be compatible with Scorpio. Maybe some kind of Oculus store integration.

One of the most amazing things MS could drop for me would a real deal reboot of Fable. Like a full scale WRPG Fable.

But that ain't happening. I don't even know what studio they could give Fable to. It's still so fucked up how MS handled that IP. Fable 2 was such a great game

I feel like MS has an incredible challenge to overcome with generating excitement for Scorpio and the Xbox brand in general but doing so without any graphically head turning new AAA single player exclusives. I don't think it can be understated how showing trailers for Uncharted, Horizon, God of War, Last of Us, and Death Stranding, no matter how far away they are, in creating excitement for PlayStation in general. Most of the hardcore gamers I hang around with are Xbox people and they all seem to expect Microsoft has something up their sleeve. Hell even r/xboxone expects something. I just don't know if Microsoft has it. Would love to be wrong.

Tonky

Rare?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom