• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 might be leaked

The Alien

Banned
Fake. I mean, sure it all seems plausible, but I dont even think Microsoft has finalized at this point.
  • I bet Gears 5 is a September/ October release, not November (too late).
  • Only MS at E3....i bet more multiplats than Cyberpunk and Jedi, Splinter
  • Bleeding Edge by all accounts is Q1 2020, not holiday.

Probably fake.

There's nothing Japanese there. It also seems pretty small compared to last year, and Phil Spencer hinted that it'd be comparable, and always makes a point to put some Japanese games in there.

Why would Japanese games be there? Unless they had some Japanese announcements they were supposed to announce?

demigod

November 10th, the day it says gears 5 comes out is a Sunday. I also expect a few more Japanese games as well. Square is good for a good stab in the back so I suspect ff7 remake will be announced here as well.
Fake. I mean, sure it all seems plausible, but I dont even think Microsoft has finalized at this point.
  • I bet Gears 5 is a September/ October release, not November (too late).
  • Only MS at E3....i bet more multiplats than Cyberpunk and Jedi, Splinter
  • Bleeding Edge by all accounts is Q1 2020, not holiday.

Not if you read it the other way, it becomes October 11 which is a Friday.

The fact that the list contains bombs like Recore, Brink, and no Forza screams fake as fuck.

Codes 208

Thats because Call of Duty is tied to Sony....
There hasn’t been confirmation that this year will be sony’s marketing for CoD. But idk when their contract with activision ends.
Why would Japanese games be there? Unless they had some Japanese announcements they were supposed to announce?
Well actually games like dark souls 3, tales of vesperia remastered, MGS5, sekiro and dbfz were announced at MS’ E3 events. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see more Bandai games there this year. Perhaps the first gameplay of Project Z?

Last edited:

Braldryr

Banned
Thst list is fake. Gears is coming in September and as far studios goes it will be IO Interactive and Relic as far I know.

The Alien

Banned
Not if you read it the other way, it becomes October 11 which is a Friday.

The fact that the list contains bombs like Recore, Brink, and no Forza screams fake as fuck.
Yeah...

I was thinking US company = Nov 10
(not Euro = Oct 11). I like the October date better. 🙂

Recore was a bomb. Cant see a sequel getting made.

I musta missed Brink. Brink is actually interesting for one reason: Spash Damage is a pretty capable 'hired gun' studio. They have a long-ish relationship with MS and worked on Gear UE and 4 (as well as Arkham Origins). They are also in transition...CEO just left and they just closed down Dirty Bomb a free to play shooter.

Could Splash Damage be a studio acquisition? Hmmm...me thinking it could be.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
All leaks are subject to change but I agree this feels too good to be true and if its true gamers won't keep their eyes off this conference.

Gamernyc78

Banned
A picture on Reddit was instantly removed. The picture had the whole plan of Xbox E3 2019

Doesn’t sound too crazy nor it has to be legit. I found it plausible though

B56-B26-E5-838-A-4-B94-A46-E-C151078-CCE1-C.jpg

This sounds gd of legit.

There hasn’t been confirmation that this year will be sony’s marketing for CoD. But idk when their contract with activision ends.

Well actually games like dark souls 3, tales of vesperia remastered, MGS5, sekiro and dbfz were announced at MS’ E3 events. So I wouldn’t be surprised to see more Bandai games there this year. Perhaps the first gameplay of Project Z?

Ah, I see. Makes sense.

juliotendo

Seems reasonable to assume that is what Microsoft will be showing off at E3 — the way it is ordered is very intentional with saving Halo Infinite and next gen Xbox for last two reveals.

TwiztidElf

Absolutely nothing of interest on there. And that's the fake one. lol.
Not even DR5 can interest me. And DR1 is in my personal top ten of all time.

SaucyJack

It’s way too soon for E3 leaks surely. I mean it’s nearly 2 months away, I’m sure that they have an outline of what they’re presenting but surely many details are not yet final m

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year

Because Microsoft has always made a point to include Japanese games in its conferences past the last few years, and Phil Spencer pretty much teased it for this year as well.

Foxbat

Banned
I got burned out on forza, gears, and halo. Their acquisitions won't have anything for awhile.

Sony isn't there though, so MS will also surely load up on new third party trailers and announcements.

There should be something shown this year that interests everyone at least a little bit. You might be burned on Halo, Forza, and Gears but something like Cyberpunk 2077 might interest you. Or maybe another third party game that's shown.

Speaking of burned out. I'm kinda glad Sony skipped E3 this year. I'm almost burned out on anything Sony would've shown this year already from past E3's and events. It'll be nice when Sony returns next E3, and actually has NEW games to announce.

GenericUser

Is june 2019 not a bit early to announce 2 consoles that will release holiday 2020? That would kill all momentum that the xbox one has left, wouldn't it?

Last edited:

Pejo

Gold Member
What a shame, I've never been bored by a leak before. I hope it's fake because I was genuinely hoping MS was going to use those purchased studios to make some new IPs and stuff. This is just more of the same shotbang sequel-ridden stuff that MS always shows, except Dino Crisis, which will be multi platform.

Foxbat

Banned
Because it defeats the USP of consoles, simplicity for casuals.

Sure we’ve had consoles launching with a couple of SKUs, bigger HDD, etc. But launching two console models simultaneously, yikes!

Meh, a base model, and a performance model isn't too complicated for casuals. Both MS and Sony have been doing it for the last few years.

How are MS going to price two new consoles?

The xbox one S is £200, the xbox one X is £400. If the new Xbox is £500, then where does another SKU fit?

It wouldn't make sense to undercut the SAD or the X, as they're both new. Will Microsoft launch a £500 and a £750+ console? (it would fit with the leaks of Microsoft being more powerful than Sony)

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
I like the idea of launching 2 different models at the same time. That could give them some leeway to go all-out with the premium model since there will be a low-cost alternative.

Call me crazy but I miss the days when consoles pushed the envelope on performance instead of just being mid-range gaming PCs

Foxbat

Banned

The xbox one S is £200, the xbox one X is £400. If the new Xbox is £500, then where does another SKU fit?

It wouldn't make sense to undercut the SAD or the X, as they're both new. Will Microsoft launch a £500 and a £750+ console? (it would fit with the leaks of Microsoft being more powerful than Sony)

Now that's an excellent question!!!

Just a quick guess...

They ditch the S at the start of next gen.

SAD goes to $150-$200.
XB1X goes to $300-$350.
New Xbox is $400
Anaconda is $500+

Last edited:

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels

Drop SAD to $199 and discontinue X altogether (assuming BC).

Top Bottom