• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox E3 might be leaked

SaucyJack

Ive been having a think about this pricing structure and here's my prediction: (all prices in GBP)

Xbox SAD - 200
Xbox one x - 350 (price drop)
Xbox 2 - 450/500 (sameprice as PS5)
Xbox 2 - Super edition - 750

This way, Microsoft can compete with sony by releasing a console with the same specs as the PS5 but also garuntee that they have the most powerful console next gen. Essentially, they can cheat by making a monster console, selling it for more, but touting "best place to play, most powerful console etc"

Microsoft did a similar 'cheat' with the xbox one x. While yes, it is the most powerful console, it isn't a refresh or pro edition, it is a brand new console with completely different architecture, with the exception of the CPU.

IF microsoft go this route, then they would have to justify consumers buying the most expensive console. If it looks a generation ahead of the next generation OR shows of graphics above and beyond that of the PS5, they might just flog millions of them.

A crazy tactic for sure. But who knows?

The Xbox2 would be DOA with that price structure.

The PS5 ain’t gonna be £500.

You don't need Jez's confirmation this is fake, if anyone on this forum thought that list was plausible you were already insane.

Misspelled names is one thing, but with everything else it all stack up.

Having new Forza Horizon 4 DLC announced at E3 when they already announced dlc recently? Also this would apply to Sea of Thieves as well.

Dead Rising 5???

Why would Microsoft put out a Recore II when Recore was a failed IP? TWICE?

Other issues as well, I think only about 30% of this list is realistic and that's because we already got hints to those from MS before. Everything else is just wacko or pointless. Not to mention this is supposed to be a huge E3.

Wimbledon

Halo Infinite needs to be shown this E3. I'm expecting greatness.

If that list is true
(somewhat hopefully) then the Fable Reboot does sound interesting. I still enjoy the world that series needs a fresh start.

Brink i don't know what that is. I keep thinking of the older shooting game that came out years ago. FAKE

Xbox Scarlet i feel like i've seen this somewhere before. FAKE

Play Dead IP sounds cool scifi adventure game. Is that Somerville i'm guessing .

Anything from Rare i think will be solid, Sea Of Thieves even though i haven't jumped back in awhile , i think it was return to form for them. But there probably going to stick with Sea of thieves for the time being.

Outer Worlds is going to be awesome.

I'm sure that list is fake, but i wouldn't mind some of things on there being true specifically the Fable , and new rare IP. But i'm at least hoping we do see some teasers by some of the studios they brought on i know it's still early though.

Last edited:

Codes 208

it has been too long since a company did a mega troll. i think ps5 will dro pthis year as a way to fool microsoft into dropping 2020
I seriously doubt it. If it was launching this year, they would’ve announced it by now or atleast tease an announcement for an announcement. All we have to work on are specs and rumors and leaks suggesting 2020

Pallas

Totally would love splash damage to try a second crack at Brink. Really thought the first was something pretty special despite all its problems.

Totally agree with you, the game’s bad and tedious AI really killed any joy that game could potentially have but it had a few bright spots.

I personally don’t believe in this leak but I am hoping to see something from Ninja Theory at least.

Pallas

I just love that Jez Corden has said this list is fake, yet everyone keeps ignoring it and criticize Microsoft for a weak and fake list.

Yes, Ive been seeing that trend. That or just look at the quoted post below.
I have my issues with this particular list and do believe its fake, it does make me wonder if something like this might be a controlled leak from the Microsoft camp to gauge "hype" levels. Am i going to deep in the conspiracy rabbit hole?

Take the tinfoil hat off.

Top Bottom