• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass General Discussion

AJUMP23

Gold Member
Xbox_Game_Pass_2021_Calendar.jpg

Lots of great things to look forward to on Gamepass for me.

To get things back on track.... what games were missing from that coming this year Gamepass pic?

I know Warhammer: Darktide and I'm sure there were 3 or 4 more games announced previously that didn't make that infographic.
It is weird we didn't see anymore about that game yet. Must be further away than thought. My super weird one was Scorn. They still have it in the graphic they put out as coming 2021, but we haven't seen anything this entire E3

HTK

Banned
If I had an Xbox Series X, I would go for:

Halo
Flight Simulator
Forza Horizon 5

Unless these games can run and look good on my GTX 970 :pie_lcry: That's a no-go, so I'll have to try and get a Series X somehow.

elliot5

Downloaded Y:LAD, will get to that eventually prob after A Plague Tale.
Might check out Dark Alliance with friends.
The Ascent may be neat to mess around in, but typically not my kind of game.
Hades I have on PC, so not sure if I'll play with a controller on console.
Twelve Minutes seems interesting and up my alley.
Back 4 Blood ABSOLUTELY. This was the announcement of Game Pass that stole the show for me.
The Gunk definitely though the name is just .. bad.
Psychonauts 2 ABSOLUTELY.
AoE4 with friends, hell yeaah.
Halo Infinite ABSOLUTELY.
Forza Horizon 5 ABSOLUTELY.

Already installed Yakuza: LAD. I'm actually most excited for that, but still need to finish Yakuza 3, and playthrough 4-6 first.

Out of the rest of the games my list looks like this:

1. The Ascent
2. Hades
3. Halo Infinite
4. Psychonauts 2
5. Forza Horizon 5
6. Twelve Minutes
7. Flight Sim 2020

I'm also intrigued by The Gunk, but I was really hoping we would see a bit more of it....

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Question for my game pass peeps: (I think I already know the answer, but...)

I've got two Xboxen (one Series X, one One X) and a Windows 10 PC. My son and I want to play through Dark Alliance next week, but I guess the game isn't launching with split screen coop which seems pretty dumb. Anyway, my Series X console is set as my home console - so can my son sign in to the Series X and launch the game, while I launch the game on PC, and we can play together? I'm thinking yes, although I guess I don't know if the game has crossplay between pc and consoles or not. I suppose if not, he could use the Series X and I could hook my One X to a different TV, right?

Really wish they would have included split screen on this game, what were they thinking?

Question for my game pass peeps: (I think I already know the answer, but...)

I've got two Xboxen (one Series X, one One X) and a Windows 10 PC. My son and I want to play through Dark Alliance next week, but I guess the game isn't launching with split screen coop which seems pretty dumb. Anyway, my Series X console is set as my home console - so can my son sign in to the Series X and launch the game, while I launch the game on PC, and we can play together? I'm thinking yes, although I guess I don't know if the game has crossplay between pc and consoles or not. I suppose if not, he could use the Series X and I could hook my One X to a different TV, right?

Really wish they would have included split screen on this game, what were they thinking?
This is completely doable with the Series X and the One X. Just make sure you have only one of them set as home console. I haven't tried this with PC though, so maybe someone else can chime in on that.....

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is completely doable with the Series X and the One X. Just make sure you have only one of them set as home console. I haven't tried this with PC though, so maybe someone else can chime in on that.....
My thought as well. My Series X is my home console, so I should be able to sign into the One X.

This Xbox Wire article says the game has PC -> Xbox crossplay, so I'm probably cool to use my PC (way faster than the One X). But then this tweet from them says no (only between Xbox One and Series, PS4 and PS5 users, and Steam and Epic users on PC)

So I guess I'll find out for sure one way or another.

elliot5

My thought as well. My Series X is my home console, so I should be able to sign into the One X.

This Xbox Wire article says the game has PC -> Xbox crossplay, so I'm probably cool to use my PC (way faster than the One X). But then this tweet from them says no (only between Xbox One and Series, PS4 and PS5 users, and Steam and Epic users on PC)

So I guess I'll find out for sure one way or another.

Yes you can play games like Sea of Thieves that DO have crossplay on console and PC. Dark Alliance it doesn't seem so, but you could always cloud stream it from PC to party up (though you have the One X so that'll be better).

For example, I signed my cousin's account on my XSX home console. I also have game pass on my PC. Launching SOT on my PC will ask me to sign out of my XSX. My cousin can then sign in on the XSX and party up with me using MY game pass sub because of the home console setting. By sign in and out I don't mean remove the account, but just the 'turn off controller' type sign out. It's super simple.

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
So excited for Flight Simulator- the last one I played was FS2000 with Concorde on the box and I still remember the patch when they took the World Trade Center out of the game.

Fox Mulder

So how long can you keep extending out your sub? I’m gamepass ultimate and keep adding like 10 cheap 7 day codes at a time, my next charge isn’t until the end of 2022.

JLB

Banned
If we are going to have a Gamepass OT we need it to be something updated like every month, or at worst every quarter, and made by somebody who cares about Gamepass. Randomly throwing all the Gamepass news and troll threads into one place means this OT is more like a garbage bin instead of a place for people who actually use Gamepass and want to chat about it, favorite games, new games, articles, etc.....
100%.

DaGwaphics

Any news on whether they will push AoE4 to console? My PC probably isn't adequate anymore, would love it over on console (keyboard and mouse requirement perfectly fine for me). Providing of course that I get my act together and get out there and snag a new console. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

elliot5

Any news on whether they will push AoE4 to console? My PC probably isn't adequate anymore, would love it over on console (keyboard and mouse requirement perfectly fine for me). Providing of course that I get my act together and get out there and snag a new console. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Nothing official. But the trailer showed Xbox cloud gaming at the end of AOE4 didn't it..?? They may let you use your mkb to play it via cloud until they port it natively

jshackles

Supposedly this is coming to Game Pass day one (July 15th)

Last edited:

b0uncyfr0

Jesus Christ. I just got a XSX and got everything setup. Trynna get GamePass Ultimate and this is the most challenging thing in my lif thus far. 2 hours and counting. WTF am i doing wrong..?

I keep getting 'Change your store region' and i have. Every PC/Paypal/MS account is set to USA but i keep seeing it. Im not in the US mind you. I thought this was not an issue.. ?

jshackles

Jesus Christ. I just got a XSX and got everything setup. Trynna get GamePass Ultimate and this is the most challenging thing in my lif thus far. 2 hours and counting. WTF am i doing wrong..?

I keep getting 'Change your store region' and i have. Every PC/Paypal/MS account is set to USA but i keep seeing it. Im not in the US mind you. I thought this was not an issue.. ?
I've heard that they've increasingly locked down a lot of the "loopholes" that people were using to get around regional restrictions. GeoIP filters, etc. Even sometimes requiring a US phone number or address on file that matches a bank card's verification system.

b0uncyfr0

I've heard that they've increasingly locked down a lot of the "loopholes" that people were using to get around regional restrictions. GeoIP filters, etc. Even sometimes requiring a US phone number or address on file that matches a bank card's verification system.
So essentially, I'm fucked. I dunno what else to try. Are game pass ultimate codes also region specific?

manfestival

Supposedly this is coming to Game Pass day one (July 15th)

I never realized that I have been waiting all of my life for this game.

elliot5

just use a VPN and do it through the browser instead of the Xbox if that's what you're trying?

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Looking to subscribe to Game Pass? Wondering what's coming out later this year for Game Pass and what games you should be looking forward too? Wonder no more! Gaming Instincts got you covered! Here are top 10 games coming to Game Pass in 2021 for Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S and PC!

b0uncyfr0

just use a VPN and do it through the browser instead of the Xbox if that's what you're trying?
I tried that too but it kept spewing the same error - I eventually got around it by creating a new MS account (making sure every location was set to UK). Then using - https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/xbox-game-pass. I think there are extra checks on the US side, but if anyone encounter's this, that's how you get around it. Remember, set your location to whatever region, in your MS account (that's crucial)!

3 months GP ultimate is shweeet!

Helghan

So essentially, I'm fucked. I dunno what else to try. Are game pass ultimate codes also region specific?
I always start a chat with Xbox support and explain them that I live in the US, but currently in EU to visit my parents for a couple of months, and that I brought my Xbox with me. Then they help you fix the issue.

Anki

Banned
If you are getting error when trying to buy something from xbox store using paypal, just remove the payment method and add it again and it will go through.
My paypal is different country from the us store.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The Netflix model is being applied to video games in a couple of different capacities across a few different platforms, and most of these experiments have ended up being a success to one degree or another, but perhaps none of them have seen quite as much instant success and follow through with their customer base as Microsoft’s Game Pass.

While it’s certainly not perfect and you can absolutely nitpick a few things about it here and there, there is no denying that this incredibly cost-effective way of having access to a large library of games without ever having to buy individual titles or take up valuable shelf space by owning physical copies has taken the gaming market by storm and is forcing other companies like Sony to go back to the drawing board and reevaluate how they do things as well.

The idea of gaming being a luxury hobby only accessible to those who can afford to go out and buy $60 or $70 games every time something comes out is getting more antiquated by the day with Game Pass continuing to grow by leaps and bounds every quarter. In short, Microsoft is absolutely killing it with Game Pass.

Top Bottom